PDA

View Full Version : Hey Pyro Studios/Eidos Are You There ?

Mark OHearn
7th Apr 2003, 19:23
Now that Praetorians has been out for about a month or so (Canada), and it seems to have been generally well received around the world, it would be really nice to hear from Pyro Studios regarding their game, any gameplay hints, and some release dates for possible new multiplayer maps.

I know the developers/programmers for Sega Sports games and Maxis (SimCity series) are well known for this type of involvement online with their fans.

So, are you there Pyro? Great game, can we expect any addons/expansions in the near future?

P.S. I emailed Pyro Studios regarding this matter a couple of weeks ago, but haven't received any response yet.

Athos
7th Apr 2003, 23:00
Pyro said a few weeks ago that there were no planned patches or editors......

lets hope that you can add a for now to that...

prefect
7th Apr 2003, 23:15
third party mod kits will come out soon.

Athos
8th Apr 2003, 06:33
Glad to hear that, Who is developing them?

prefect
8th Apr 2003, 18:29
you know what they say about assume.
but yeah, i do assume it. usually some shmuck makes utilities for a game. enough to the point ill be able to make my mod.

rufus, would you talk to me on aim? you can pm your sn/msn to me if youd like.

Athos
9th Apr 2003, 04:47
So you are going to wait for someone to make all the tools for your mod?
Pyro isn't helping right now (as far as I can tell)
Any word from them would be nice though.

Prefect:
At least your getting the ball rolling. What kind of mod is your game going to be?

prefect
9th Apr 2003, 08:12
Athos- If its possible Id like to use something more readily available like Pakscape (speaking of which, I need to try to use that) so far Ive tried about 3 Pak viewers, none of which work.

It will be a Nepoleonic era mod.

They will release an SDK if theres enough demand for it. They want to make money and SDK's help.

prefect
9th Apr 2003, 17:53
It wont matter in the long run... once theres a mod community someone will make tools.

Athos
9th Apr 2003, 22:39
I'm not sure about every game, but I would think that most of the time without the developers' help it would be very, very hard to add on to the game.

Take for example, Operation Flashpoint.
The game has been out for almost 2 years and I still play it whenever I can, the replayability is through the roof. Addon's are coming out all the time with interesting units, vehicles, etc...

My point is, this was all made possible by BIS (the developers). They released to certain individuals a modding tool called Oxygen, and then did a mass release to the public about 14 months after it was out.

Anyways so far Pyro isn't helping as far as I can see,

And, we need to be patient. This stuff isn't going to happen over night.

prefect
10th Apr 2003, 01:02
true...its all up to pryo though.