PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here have a FFX/FF? tattoo? Getting mine finally after 10 years!

ZyzxxInfinity
7th Jun 2012, 23:10
fast1.onesite.com/na.square-enix.com/use... (http://fast1.onesite.com/na.square-enix.com/user/145382807/thumb/b2586613da87c0a56ce82e0630f6ea7a.jpg?v=202500)

I've been sitting on a tattoo desire for over 10 years now since finishing Final Fantasy X. The tattoo is the infamous "Zanarkand Abes" tattoo just like Jecht has (also known as the "Jecht symbol"). I even went as far as to draw sketches years ago (which I still have), and purchased Tidus' necklace and earring off of Squaresoft's website years ago as well (still have both of them).

Originally, it was to be my first (and perhaps only tattoo), but do to other circumstances in my life, I felt it more appropriate to make my first tattoo the pact sigil between Caim and The Red Dragon in Drakengard...

fast1.onesite.com/na.square-enix.com/use... (http://fast1.onesite.com/na.square-enix.com/user/145382807/thumb/eeb7935efd3159f999ef551be6cd5281.jpg?v=135000)

Now after life has taken me on my own personal "story" (all over the world, in the military, and plenty of adventures) I plan on getting it done on my birthday in October. I have been waiting for this tattoo for a long time, and can't wait to finally have it done. For me, tattooes represent a personal scrapbook of things that are most important to you, things that ever when you are bare-skinned you want to keep close to you and show them off proudly as parts of who you are.

Final Fantasy X is and always will be my all-time favorite game. The story it tells, and how well it reflected my own inner conflicts at the time of my life that I played it, as well as the ability to tell such an in-depth and exciting story (full of its ups and downs) has made it a complete masterpiece, and I can't wait to play it all over again on the PS3 and Vita in HD once it's re-released.

Anyone else here have any tattoos that are related to FFX, or perhaps any FF in general?

Zench-XIII
7th Jun 2012, 23:17
I have no tattoos, but I'd love to get Jecht's. Though I'd only get it after spending hundreds of hours at a gym first.

Summoner
8th Jun 2012, 00:17
I already have planned to get Ifrit's name tattood above my heart.

ZyzxxInfinity
8th Jun 2012, 22:33
I have no tattoos, but I'd love to get Jecht's. Though I'd only get it after spending hundreds of hours at a gym first.

I've never went to the gym a single day of my life, but my military experience has kept me in great shape, and I have done my own personal exercise and conditioning, especially in preparation for the tattoo!

fast1.onesite.com/na.square-enix.com/use... (http://fast1.onesite.com/na.square-enix.com/user/145382807/thumb/f0db2e19a38d54078ca4323ec46f3d41.jpg?v=37635)

I don't take many "self shots" anymore, but this was taken a little over a year ago to track the progress of my exercise and preparation for the tattoo. The tattoo will also be an inspiration and motivation to keep my figure, of course /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif!

Zench-XIII
8th Jun 2012, 22:39
I like what you say about the tattoo being a motivation to keep a good figure, it sounds pretty interesting. Another reason for me to get the tattoo would be to cosplay as Jecht if I have the chance.

ZyzxxInfinity
8th Jun 2012, 22:42
I like what you say about the tattoo being a motivation to keep a good figure, it sounds pretty interesting. Another reason for me to get the tattoo would be to cosplay as Jecht if I have the chance.

I am not much for cosplay (I have contemplated it in the past, but have never done it), but I might be compelled to if I got the tattoo! Of course I'd want to get a deep tan and figure out Jecht's hair /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif!

tidusforeverx2
11th Jun 2012, 01:32
fast1.onesite.com/na.square-enix.com/use... (http://fast1.onesite.com/na.square-enix.com/user/145382807/thumb/b2586613da87c0a56ce82e0630f6ea7a.jpg?v=202500)

I've been sitting on a tattoo desire for over 10 years now since finishing Final Fantasy X. The tattoo is the infamous "Zanarkand Abes" tattoo just like Jecht has (also known as the "Jecht symbol"). I even went as far as to draw sketches years ago (which I still have), and purchased Tidus' necklace and earring off of Squaresoft's website years ago as well (still have both of them).

Originally, it was to be my first (and perhaps only tattoo), but do to other circumstances in my life, I felt it more appropriate to make my first tattoo the pact sigil between Caim and The Red Dragon in Drakengard...

fast1.onesite.com/na.square-enix.com/use... (http://fast1.onesite.com/na.square-enix.com/user/145382807/thumb/eeb7935efd3159f999ef551be6cd5281.jpg?v=135000)

Now after life has taken me on my own personal "story" (all over the world, in the military, and plenty of adventures) I plan on getting it done on my birthday in October. I have been waiting for this tattoo for a long time, and can't wait to finally have it done. For me, tattooes represent a personal scrapbook of things that are most important to you, things that ever when you are bare-skinned you want to keep close to you and show them off proudly as parts of who you are.

Final Fantasy X is and always will be my all-time favorite game. The story it tells, and how well it reflected my own inner conflicts at the time of my life that I played it, as well as the ability to tell such an in-depth and exciting story (full of its ups and downs) has made it a complete masterpiece, and I can't wait to play it all over again on the PS3 and Vita in HD once it's re-released.

Anyone else here have any tattoos that are related to FFX, or perhaps any FF in general?

I have thought about getting that same tattoo but on my arm or shoulderblade, but I plan on moving to japan and have always been afraid that it might cause me problems over there although unlikly still possible.

Summoner
11th Jun 2012, 09:49
I wouldnt believe it would cause you problems, it just shows you that you're a big fan of that regions game. I say go for it if that's the only thing holding you back, you should be proud of whatever you decide to ink yourself with.

Jackstin
12th Jun 2012, 15:16
I would advise against it, if you're thinking about going full jecht, with the whole chest being covered. I can imagine it would look vastly different to how it looks on Jecht, just because its real life.

I'd do one of two things.

A) if you're dead set on this, get a black felt tip and draw it on. You may have done this already, but it'll give you a great ideaof how it'll actually look in real life. Try it on for a couple of days, if you like it, go for it!

B) The logo itself is cool, and would definitely look good if it was smaller, like a logo on your arm.

In the end its up to you, it may look fantastic full size! But I think it might look better smaller, sl try drawing it ln first. Hope thos helps. Just my personal taste so don't worry if you don't agree,

Summoner
12th Jun 2012, 19:26
Jackstin is right about trying to see if you can cope with the design on you for a while cause you might regret if later if you start to feel like you made a mistake with the tattoo.

ZyzxxInfinity
14th Jun 2012, 19:28
I would advise against it, if you're thinking about going full jecht, with the whole chest being covered. I can imagine it would look vastly different to how it looks on Jecht, just because its real life.

I'd do one of two things.

A) if you're dead set on this, get a black felt tip and draw it on. You may have done this already, but it'll give you a great ideaof how it'll actually look in real life. Try it on for a couple of days, if you like it, go for it!

B) The logo itself is cool, and would definitely look good if it was smaller, like a logo on your arm.

In the end its up to you, it may look fantastic full size! But I think it might look better smaller, sl try drawing it ln first. Hope thos helps. Just my personal taste so don't worry if you don't agree,

Already did that with my body in it's current fitness, and was enthralled. I can only imagine what it will look like by the time I am prepared to get the tattoo. I will definitely put up pictures of the result! Seeing the symbol drawn on to see what it would look like almost made me choke up, because FFX was a very important game for me, and for my life.

I know that probably sounds very cheesy, but I know I am also not alone with that feeling. I took FFX in its entirety to a very personal level. It hit very close to home on my own personal feelings, as well as my theological feelings. I was able to both accept the game and it's story as a wonderful tale with an amazing atmosphere and ambiance, as well as find things that I found paralleled with my own feelings.

Tattoos are a very personal and spiritual thing, in my opinion. They are a part of what represents you, and a way to have things always close to you no matter what. They are personal reminders, as well as a way to confidently showcase the things about you that you aren't afraid to hide.

At this point it's simply a matter of time, not a matter of decision. I have been confident in my choice for the tattoo since finishing FFX, I just had other things in life that set me back or distracted me from getting the tattoo done (literally for 10 years now). The tattoo is easily a $500 piece at least, depending on where you get it done (as well as the size/type of needle to help speed up the process since it's a solid black piece). Now that I have returned from serving in the Army, have a wife and child, and life has essentially settled down, I am ready to get it done.

Jackstin
14th Jun 2012, 19:31
Ah well it sounds like you're all prepped to go!

ZyzxxInfinity
14th Jun 2012, 19:46
I have thought about getting that same tattoo but on my arm or shoulderblade, but I plan on moving to japan and have always been afraid that it might cause me problems over there although unlikly still possible.

www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.... (http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+56812)

Don't let the culture disuade you from getting a tattoo done. Albeit the Japanese culture is still hesistant on acceptance of foreign culture, they also have come a long way. You obviously don't look Japanese, and so if anything you will already carry the "gaijin" stigma in certain areas. It's simply a clash of older generation mentality and the younger generation, which is more accepting of Western culture.

The key, if anything, is to be discreet/respectful about your tattoos, and perhaps get them in areas that are easily covered up. No matter what you will find bath houses, bars, and other places that will not allow people with tattoos, or even people who are clearly not Japanese. It's just the way it is, you just have to be humble and polite and accept these rules. One day they may hopefully change or subside, but also keep in mind the attention you will also receieve for the tattoos, or for simply being gaijin :).

I studied both Japanese and Sociology in college, focusing on multi-cultural/multi-ethnic relationships, since I am multi-racial myself and have a DIVERSE family tree (on one side I have Cuban-Chinese, for example). I too, almost went to Japan for the JET Programme, and was originally planning on being an English teacher in Japan or a professional translator (I also speak, Spanish, German, Russian, and Korean). Life took me down a different path in the end, but I still loved studying Japanese, and Japan is a beautiful country rich in culture and history. You'll love it there, trust me.

scheppy999
29th Jun 2012, 11:30
I really need to find a high-resolution pic of Bahamut's Fayth from FFX (not the little kid in the hoody; the half-man/half-dragon, one-winged, frozen-in-the-floor Fayth). Lower-res pic resides here: imgur.com/xrUlV (http://imgur.com/xrUlV)

I want to get a tattoo of it on my back, but the only images on Google I could find of it were too small/too lo-res/not detailed enough for my tattoo artist. So I need to find the largest, most detailed pic of it I can.

Does anyone happen to have a large hi-res pic of Bahamut's Fayth for me? Square-Enix, if you're listening and have a good pic of this, help me out.

Thanks, everyone!

Auron9393
29th Jun 2012, 12:18
I see your problem. There are no good Pictures that perfects display the fayth. However I think I can Help. I did find the Main portion of the Fayth in close up and a Higher resolution here

www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/3... (http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/3849/33797/Bahamut_01_2.jpg)

as for the photo I found one that is a little bigger but with a similar resolution here

www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/3... (http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/3849/33797/Ffx-fayth_Bahamut.jpg)

lastly i managed to find a shot of all of the fayths with excellent resolution that can be zoomed into here

media.photobucket.com/image/bahamut%20fa... (http://media.photobucket.com/image/bahamut%20fayth%20photo/Natsukira/Final%2520Fantasy/Eones/Walls_of_the_Fayth_by_Natsume_san.jpg)

I hope this helps and I really good choice!

Auron9393
29th Jun 2012, 12:19
Perfectly Displays*

scheppy999
29th Jun 2012, 12:41
Thanks for these. I had found these and am compiling a folder. Still looking for THE perfect image (which I don't think exists outside of Square), but if I can't find any better, hopefully my artists can work with these.

alanman178
19th Sep 2012, 12:09
It's nice to still see the passion for Final Fantasy out there.

adolfainsley8
25th Apr 2016, 07:05
THE perfect image (which I don't think exists outside of Square), but if I can't find any better, hopefully my artists can work with these????

== http://www.solitairecardgame.org/ ==