PDA

View Full Version : Yosuke Matsuda: 2nd President

3rd Apr 2013, 01:08
I really don't know much about him. I just knew he work on some great SE titles before.
I just want to know your thoughts about him as the new president. Thanks.

member_10628951
3rd Apr 2013, 01:53
You're thinking of the wrong person. I think you are thinking Matsuda is Yasumi Matsuno: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasumi_Matsuno#s... (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasumi_Matsuno#section_2)

The new Square Enix president was CFO for a while. He became represetitive director recently and has directed management for some time.

elsonSCCP
3rd Apr 2013, 06:36
I hope you sir YOSUKE MATSUDA*review the current phase of the company and we have answers and actions quick to all.

elsonSCCP
3rd Apr 2013, 06:37
And sure,good luck for you.

Silentvalhalla
3rd Apr 2013, 06:59
So long as Final Fantasy and the new Tomb Raider story line don't tanked and Square Enix keeps making great games but still stays in business I think he's a a pretty good guy.

3rd Apr 2013, 09:35
sorry for the error. Just as I said I don't really know much about him.*

heres a recent overview on his plans.

a post from www.finalfantasy-fxn.net (http://www.finalfantasy-fxn.net/)*and with a source from*siliconera:

"Square Enix's new president-in-waiting, Yosuke Matsuda,*has given us a brief glimpse of his intentions once he becomes company president following the*expected resignation (http://www.finalfantasy-fxn.net/index.php?page=article&article=Wada-Steps-Down-As-Square-Enix-CEO--1799)*of Yoichi Wada in June.*

According to his statements in a recent Square Enix Holdings*briefing session (http://www.hd.square-enix.com/jpn/ir/library/docs/130326/page06.html), Matsuda plans to review*"all Square Enix duties, business and assets on a zero-based budgeting standpoint", he also states that he intends to*"fundamentally review what works and what doesn’t work for our company, then cast all of our resources towards extending what makes us successful and thoroughly squeezing out what doesn’t".

Furthermore, he mentioned that he plans to make the current CEO of Square Enix Europe, Phil Rogers, the new director of Square Enix Holdings. The intention is for the two of them to act as renovating pillars for Square Enix as it tries to recover from its expected net*income loss of 13 billion yen (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/26/square-enix-president-yoichi-wada-steps-down/).

Outgoing president Yoichi Wada has also confirmed that he will remain with the company after his resignation as president, stating that*“As an employee, I believe it is my duty to help the company and give proper results from it. I will be retiring from the line of management, but I plan to work on site as a way to pay my debt to the company”."

alanman178
3rd Apr 2013, 12:51
I just wish both guys the best of luck.* I need to give the new leader some time with his new job before I can really say much of anything.

destruction7
3rd Apr 2013, 12:59
STOP! Destroy final fantasies.

TheArcaneHuntress
4th Apr 2013, 18:00
Hmm I think it would be a good idea to work with the companies strengths ( Tomb Raider, Deus Ex and Other North American Square Enix games, Kingdom Hearts ). The Approach and handling of Final Fantasy I feel needs a complete over haul, in a sense ~ Completely destroy how they are currently apporaching Final Fantasy and build it back up from the ground up :3 Also Focus on delivering great experiences, great stories and characters/stories we will remember forever. Square Enix is known for the worlds and characters they put us into. Focus and have a love for the games. Wow us :3

jimbrault12
4th Apr 2013, 19:45
IGN just did a good review of this.*

My opinion, which Square's management has been ignoring, is that....

Make Final Fantasy the core titles not Tomb Raider, Hitman, ect.

IGN said Square was trying to appeal to Western audiences.

I would much rather have a Final Fantasy title than these.

4th Apr 2013, 22:23
What really annoys me is that they wouldn't listen to the fans...

SE are like "Oh, you want ffversus13 and kh3? Heres another ff13 sequel to shove in your throat It's better than the last sequel and its NEW. You know action rpg is the new thing."

destruction7
4th Apr 2013, 23:08
No she doesnīt listen No one outside Japan!.

Leaferian-379423
4th Apr 2013, 23:28
What really annoys me is that they wouldn't listen to the fans...

SE are like "Oh, you want ffversus13 and kh3? Heres another ff13 sequel to shove in your throat It's better than the last sequel and its NEW. You know action rpg is the new thing."

Disgustingly offbase.

Square Enix is still developing Versus XIII, but they're not going to rush it out just because fans demand release right now. Yes they screwed up by announcing the game long before work on it had actually begun, but it's a mistake they've already learned from. At this point, the hype level in foaming-at-the-mouth anticipators of Versus is so incredibly high that it's doubtful the game will live up to expectations even if it were the greatest game to ever be concieved throughout all of time. The company knows we want Versus, but they're going to take the time to make sure it's worthy of release instead of just throwing it at us half-finished. Furthermore, anyone who has been paying attention to Final Fantasy news should know that the game didn't even go into full production until about two years ago and that Nomura couldn't put his full power behind it until Dream Drop Distance was released.

Furthermore, the head developer for Versus XIII is the same man who will eventually create Kingdom Hearts III. What do you want, for him to create both games simultaneously right now? Not only is that unreasonable given the scope of KH3's story and the ambition of Versus' world, but it would be costly and most likely extend the development times of both games. Nomura also said that his goal is to release one Kingdom Hearts game a year, and that he wanted to gather all of the Kingdom Hearts games on one console so the full story could be enjoyed by both new players and old players who couldn't afford the various handhelds. Should these people be penalized because people like you or I want to know what happens next right now? No. We're getting 1.5 this year, almost certainly 2.5 next year, and then we'll see what happens. If 2013 is truly the 'year of Versus XIII' as has been cryptically said, the money is at least decent that KH3 would see release the year following the 2.5 ReMix.

Lastly, nothing is being forced down your throat. Square Enix is not coming to your house and forcing you to buy any of their games at gunpoint. They are not blathering on and on about how this Final Fantasy XIII game will be the end-all of the whole 25 year collection, or bombarding you with the game at every turn. Anyone who played the first two games and enjoys them probably wants this last game; The second title ends with a massive cliffhanger, and like any person they want closure. And just to be clear, this is the last game. It is the final installment of the 'Lightning Saga', and the last game being made for the Final Fantasy XIII interperetation of the Fabula Nova Crystallis mythology. They have not gone around claiming that this game will be better than the last sequel, either; The closest they've gotten to that is saying that it will be the most polished Final Fantasy so far. While this sounds a little pretentious, one could successively say this about each numbered Final Fantasy as the games went on. Each incorporated systems and methods from the previous games while fixing things like animations and translation errors, while also trying to bring more substance to features that might otherwise be seen as filler. The developers are incorporating player feedback from both of the other Final Fantasy XIII games, to ensure the experience is as complete and as satisfying as they can achieve. They've put separate teams on the creation of the different areas to prevent design stagnation or 'phoning it in', and they are implementing plenty of features such as true day/night cycles and weather systems that Final Fantasy fans have been wanting to see in the games for years. They're bringing backs inns and towns and shops to buy your spells and abilities from, to please those who feel that these features bring a quality of soul to the game that the previous two games lacked. That's listening to the fans, whether you personally like the games or not. There are plenty of people who like them, and plenty who dislike them, but constructive voices on either side are being heard.

Square Enix can be accused of being stupid when it comes to their marketing and information flow. They can be accused of making big mistakes, experimenting in ways that really didn't work out, of being stubborn when we ask for details, or shying away from risks like Type-0 for the sake of not losing money. They cannot, however, be accused of not listening to their fans. You want Bravely Default? They want to bring it to you, they're making every effort. You want Type-0? They hear you, and they share your frustrations that things have gotten in the way of you getting it. You want Versus XIII? They're making every effort to make it the best damn game possible, so when it finally does get released you will feel like it was worth the long wait. They are finally bringing us Final Mixes and International Versions and even recently began to shuffle their entire company around to find what works best both for them as a business and for us as their consumers and fans.

They may not give you what you want, when you want it, but they sure as hell listen.

jeremy.mccourt
5th Apr 2013, 01:33
Leafarian,*

I am not sure why you feel the need to attack a fellow fan and feel that you need to defend the giant mess that is SE presently. FF XIII versus along with FF XIII Agito and FF XIII *THAT is fabula nova crystallus, not these fricken sequels to XIII. I enjoyed what I have played of XIII-2 and it is not so much that XIII-2 and lightning returns are or will be bad games, but that they are taking the time to make them when they could be concentrating on things that the FF fanbase would prefer by far. FF sequels are interesting, but so far only my least favorite FF games X and XIII have gotten sequels. How about a sequel to IX, VI or VII?*

Also there is much reason to complain in general because their development cycles have gotten ridiculously long. I love that you just make up thing to support your claim, like they only started on XIII Versus 2 years ago when in fact they have been working on it long before XIII came out. Mainly fans are concerned because they didnt release Agito abroad and have been tight lipped about anything new coming with Versus. They are committing PR suicide regarding that game imo. Pile that together with the fact they felt compelled to make another numbered game an MMO, which seems to have been worse than XI and nothing to be excited about. Heck they had to apologize about it repeatedly and then try and rerelease it a year and a half later. By the time they get ready to release XIV for ps3, ps4 will have already been out for months!

They are getting behind not because they are working so hard on XIII versus, but because they have radically altered their vision for where their focus needs to be. They are doubling down in a big way on mobile gaming in Japan and abroad. They are also focusing more on pumping their former Eidos titles instead of the brands that made them the company they are today.*

SE used to be a staple in JRPGs that I could depend on for solid titles every year. Now they come out with a bunch of low quality nostalgia nickle and dime factories and rerelease for the 20th time their old games for ridiculous prices on every possible platform. I have to turn to Xseed, Atlus (who themselves have been disappointing this Gen) and Level-5 (who never cease to delight me with their offerings). Ni no kuni was this year what FF used to be in the past. I cannot see anything SE puts out this year coming close to the quality of Ni No kuni and quite frankly the direction they are heading I am starting to wish they would just end final fantasy and focus on some other rpgs.

5th Apr 2013, 01:45
wow, I'm sorry Leaferian for offending you. I just came from another site's heated topic when I posted that. I know my statement just doesn't seem right. I purposely to make it sarcastic and a bit of trolling. Well that long post seems like you're really offended. so I apologize for that because It's just not really worth arguing.*

sKORPION86
5th Apr 2013, 02:23
[/quote]

Disgustingly offbase.

Square Enix is still developing Versus XIII, but they're not going to rush it out just because fans demand release right now. Yes they screwed up by announcing the game long before work on it had actually begun, but it's a mistake they've already learned from. At this point, the hype level in foaming-at-the-mouth anticipators of Versus is so incredibly high that it's doubtful the game will live up to expectations even if it were the greatest game to ever be concieved throughout all of time. The company knows we want Versus, but they're going to take the time to make sure it's worthy of release instead of just throwing it at us half-finished. Furthermore, anyone who has been paying attention to Final Fantasy news should know that the game didn't even go into full production until about two years ago and that Nomura couldn't put his full power behind it until Dream Drop Distance was released.

Furthermore, the head developer for Versus XIII is the same man who will eventually create Kingdom Hearts III. What do you want, for him to create both games simultaneously right now? Not only is that unreasonable given the scope of KH3's story and the ambition of Versus' world, but it would be costly and most likely extend the development times of both games. Nomura also said that his goal is to release one Kingdom Hearts game a year, and that he wanted to gather all of the Kingdom Hearts games on one console so the full story could be enjoyed by both new players and old players who couldn't afford the various handhelds. Should these people be penalized because people like you or I want to know what happens next right now? No. We're getting 1.5 this year, almost certainly 2.5 next year, and then we'll see what happens. If 2013 is truly the 'year of Versus XIII' as has been cryptically said, the money is at least decent that KH3 would see release the year following the 2.5 ReMix.

Lastly, nothing is being forced down your throat. Square Enix is not coming to your house and forcing you to buy any of their games at gunpoint. They are not blathering on and on about how this Final Fantasy XIII game will be the end-all of the whole 25 year collection, or bombarding you with the game at every turn. Anyone who played the first two games and enjoys them probably wants this last game; The second title ends with a massive cliffhanger, and like any person they want closure. And just to be clear, this is the last game. It is the final installment of the 'Lightning Saga', and the last game being made for the Final Fantasy XIII interperetation of the Fabula Nova Crystallis mythology. They have not gone around claiming that this game will be better than the last sequel, either; The closest they've gotten to that is saying that it will be the most polished Final Fantasy so far. While this sounds a little pretentious, one could successively say this about each numbered Final Fantasy as the games went on. Each incorporated systems and methods from the previous games while fixing things like animations and translation errors, while also trying to bring more substance to features that might otherwise be seen as filler. The developers are incorporating player feedback from both of the other Final Fantasy XIII games, to ensure the experience is as complete and as satisfying as they can achieve. They've put separate teams on the creation of the different areas to prevent design stagnation or 'phoning it in', and they are implementing plenty of features such as true day/night cycles and weather systems that Final Fantasy fans have been wanting to see in the games for years. They're bringing backs inns and towns and shops to buy your spells and abilities from, to please those who feel that these features bring a quality of soul to the game that the previous two games lacked. That's listening to the fans, whether you personally like the games or not. There are plenty of people who like them, and plenty who dislike them, but constructive voices on either side are being heard.

Square Enix can be accused of being stupid when it comes to their marketing and information flow. They can be accused of making big mistakes, experimenting in ways that really didn't work out, of being stubborn when we ask for details, or shying away from risks like Type-0 for the sake of not losing money. They cannot, however, be accused of not listening to their fans. You want Bravely Default? They want to bring it to you, they're making every effort. You want Type-0? They hear you, and they share your frustrations that things have gotten in the way of you getting it. You want Versus XIII? They're making every effort to make it the best damn game possible, so when it finally does get released you will feel like it was worth the long wait. They are finally bringing us Final Mixes and International Versions and even recently began to shuffle their entire company around to find what works best both for them as a business and for us as their consumers and fans.

They may not give you what you want, when you want it, but they sure as hell listen.

[/quote]

Well said. I'll never put SE down and i'll always stand by the FF franchise. FF13 had a great story. i just didn't like the battle style and structure. FF13-2 was amazing in every way i believe it brought back the feel of how FF should be for me. the chocobo racing and chocobo hunting items down. clever and sparked old memories. good job. Lightning returns will be excellent no doubt. cant wait for a release date. and cant wait for FF on PS4. Peace!

Leaferian-379423
5th Apr 2013, 03:23
Leafarian,*

I am not sure why you feel the need to attack a fellow fan and feel that you need to defend the giant mess that is SE presently. FF XIII versus along with FF XIII Agito and FF XIII *THAT is fabula nova crystallus, not these fricken sequels to XIII. I enjoyed what I have played of XIII-2 and it is not so much that XIII-2 and lightning returns are or will be bad games, but that they are taking the time to make them when they could be concentrating on things that the FF fanbase would prefer by far. FF sequels are interesting, but so far only my least favorite FF games X and XIII have gotten sequels. How about a sequel to IX, VI or VII?*

Also there is much reason to complain in general because their development cycles have gotten ridiculously long. I love that you just make up thing to support your claim, like they only started on XIII Versus 2 years ago when in fact they have been working on it long before XIII came out. Mainly fans are concerned because they didnt release Agito abroad and have been tight lipped about anything new coming with Versus. They are committing PR suicide regarding that game imo. Pile that together with the fact they felt compelled to make another numbered game an MMO, which seems to have been worse than XI and nothing to be excited about. Heck they had to apologize about it repeatedly and then try and rerelease it a year and a half later. By the time they get ready to release XIV for ps3, ps4 will have already been out for months!

They are getting behind not because they are working so hard on XIII versus, but because they have radically altered their vision for where their focus needs to be. They are doubling down in a big way on mobile gaming in Japan and abroad. They are also focusing more on pumping their former Eidos titles instead of the brands that made them the company they are today.*

SE used to be a staple in JRPGs that I could depend on for solid titles every year. Now they come out with a bunch of low quality nostalgia nickle and dime factories and rerelease for the 20th time their old games for ridiculous prices on every possible platform. I have to turn to Xseed, Atlus (who themselves have been disappointing this Gen) and Level-5 (who never cease to delight me with their offerings). Ni no kuni was this year what FF used to be in the past. I cannot see anything SE puts out this year coming close to the quality of Ni No kuni and quite frankly the direction they are heading I am starting to wish they would just end final fantasy and focus on some other rpgs.

Incorrect. As outlined here (http://www.novacrystallis.com/2012/07/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-development-timeline-outlined-in-gameinformer/), Versus XIII was still in pre-production as of July 2011. It was confirmed to have gone into full production in September of 2011, which makes it two years this September. Do your research before you tell the writer of a Final Fantasy news site (or really anyone, actually) that they are making things up to support their own claims. And yes, if you stop to read my post I specified they did not enter full production until two years ago. Obviously, if they hadn't done at least some pre-production there wouldn't be an older trailer.

Furthermore, the Fabula Nova Crystallis was announced with three titles but it is not all the collection contains. The FNC includes the full Lightning Saga trilogy, Versus, and Type-0 (as well as any and all sequels to that game which may arise). As Yoshinori and Kitase and Motumu Toriyama revealed during a recent interview (http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/03/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-interview-with-motomu-toriyama-and-yoshinori-kitase/) regarding Lightning returns, they always intended to make at least two games in the Lightning Saga interperetation of the FNC mythology. They were not sure they were making a trilogy until after they were into the development of XIII-2. Each of the games of that triloy, however, explore their interperation of the mythology further as Type-1, and Type-2 (both trademarked already, as I recall) will surely do for Type-0's take if they end up getting made. Square Enix has said several times in recent years that they intend to move away from the 'one shot' stylings of their early life, with X, XII, and XIII all getting sequels. (Granted, XII's was released on the DS but it was still a direct sequel that had much to do with the first game) Making sequels to IX or VI, while agreeable with me personally, would likely not sit well with many of those games' fanbases. Final Fantasy fans of that era are, on the whole, generally resistant to the idea of sequels. Exceptions like myself are seemingly uncommon. The Final Fantasy VII comment, though, is eyeroll-worthy. That game has had a prequel game (and a prequel animation, if I recall correctly), a sequel movie, and a game set after said movie. They've even left the ending of THAT game open for another sequel. Final Fantasy VII has gotten plenty of attention and plenty of love, and it will probably continue to do so in the future.

As I said, Square Enix is easily guilty of having bad marketing strategies and poor flow of information. However, this is nothing new. Even during the development of Final Fantasy VII, Square Enix was tight-lipped and largely unwilling to spill the beans. Does it damage their reputation? Yes. Is it the result of them not listening to fans? No. Also, the localization of Type-0 didn't happen because the PSP is essentially a dead system outside of Japan. Poor system sales combined with an easily hackable OS and a staggering piracy problems made the release of the game on the PSP not viable. They experimented with an HD version of the game (http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/03/hajime-tabata-we-did-experiement-with-a-final-fantasy-type-0-hd-version/), but for reasons they could not share were unable to make this a reality at this time. The developers say in the same interview that they feel if the game has sequels, their future will be on consoles.

And of course, you're way off about Final Fantasy XIV. For one, Final Fantasy XI is actually a really big money maker for Square Enix and despite the fact that I personally hated every system in the game it's quite popular and has a fairly large player base. The first incarnation of XIV was, yes, a buggy and incomplete mess. Upon its release and Square Enix discovering just how far off the tracks the team had gone, they brought someone in to take the scrap and turn it into something amazing. Not only did they give out nearly a year of free service to players while the games was being altered and reworked, but when they switched back to a pay-to-play model they created an incentive program for players who were loyal enough to stick with them while they prepared for the Realm Reborn changeover. The beta for the new version is progressing smoothly, and the list of features being added for the 2.0 version of the game is rather extensive. Lastly on this particular subject, you are so wrong about the PS3 remark (http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/en/FFXIV_2.0_BETA_Roadmap_EN.pdf) that it's not even funny. Even with the week-long delay in the start of the first round of Beta testing, at the maximum amount of time outlined in their development roadmap both versions of the game will be fully released by the beginning of August, 2013. Even if the PC and PS3 versions were a month late passed their maximum expectations though, the PS4 isn't due until 'Holiday 2013'.

Development times are not longer than they have ever been, release times have been extended. The average development time of a Final Fantasy is five years; The only reason that American fans have never noticed this is because the games prior to X were all one-shots that were in development around the same time. Final Fantasy IX, for example, was started in the middle of Final Fantasy VIII's development. As I have said elswhere, the gap between X-2 and XII (about three years) and between XII and XIII (also about three years) are the longest gaps between Final Fantasies since VII was released. XII utilized a larger world than any Final Fantasy previous, and had massively different systems. XIII, on the other hand, was initially being developed as a PS2 title. Both games had valid reasons for beginning their full production more spread out than the PS1 era games, but these aren't becoming the norm. XIII-2 was developed and released in an even shorter time with a much shorter localization period than most other Final Fantasies, and Lightning Returns will be down to about a year and a half with simultaneous worldwide release. Square Enix has made shortened development times and quicker localizations a priority since the flak they've recieved for Versus and Type-0, and it shows. I am in no way saying they haven't made mistakes, and in fact I believe I explicitly stated above that they had. My point is that Square Enix does listen when the fans speak, even if they don't blindly do whatever the fans say.

As a last note, Square Enix acquired Eidos and their development teams along with their IPs. My understanding is that all of the Eidos IPs are still being developed by teams within Square Enix Europe, formerly Eidos. To my current knowledge, none of these IPs are taking away from the development staff or focus of the Japanese branches.

Well said. I'll never put SE down and i'll always stand by the FF franchise. FF13 had a great story. i just didn't like the battle style and structure. FF13-2 was amazing in every way i believe it brought back the feel of how FF should be for me. the chocobo racing and chocobo hunting items down. clever and sparked old memories. good job. Lightning returns will be excellent no doubt. cant wait for a release date. and cant wait for FF on PS4. Peace!

Glad you agree. I feel the changeover for the new CEO is already going well; Mid-March Square Enix suddenly changed their tune about passing off information, Bravely Default is confirmed to be in the process of localization despite not having an official announcement, and this year's E3 has been rumored for the last few months to be the biggest event for Square Enix in years. It's shaping up to be a good start to the new Square Enix, and I hope the incoming CEO is up to the challenge of keeping things going on this particular track for years to come. I look forward to him officially taking the reigns of the company in June.

destruction7
5th Apr 2013, 03:30
Lastly, nothing is being forced down your throat. Square Enix is not coming to your house and forcing you to buy any of their games at gunpoint.

At this point would better!

bigtakilla
5th Apr 2013, 06:45
********** Here's these "Oh, Final Fantasy XIII was alright, it had some good ideas to it." and "No ones coming to your house and forcing you to buy the titles." to which I feel these comments are disgustingly off the point of this posts topic. The above two quotes do not negate the fact that Sqaure-Enix has accumulated a loss of 13 billion yen. It's quite obvious no one is going to my house and forcing me to buy games, and whether XIII was good or not is a matter of opinion (my personal opinion, XIII is an insult to the franchise, but that's besides the point as well). The point is what works for the company, and what doesn't.

********* There are sales figures that clearly show, from a financial standpoint, they need to get out of the fabula nova crystallus mythos. Very few people care about these games. Releasing a third may be the absolutely only thing the company wants, but the entertainment business isn't about what the COMPANY wants, it's about what the CONSUMER wants. This is because, guess what, consumers could care less what the business wants. It's the most basic business fundamental. Whoever can't understand that please do yourself a favor and never own a company. Even if you say the first one made a lot of money, so wouldn't it be a bad idea not to put money into the project? To that, I'd say you have to wait for consumer reaction to a product (especially before deciding you are going to make a trilogy). Square-Enix have been in the business long enough to know random trolling of a game, and a huge fan uproar from well over half of their fan base (at least when looking at sales numbers between XIII and XIII-2) that there is a lack of quality in their product.

********** There company currently also has to keep up with extremely rough competition from Monolithsoft. Do a google or bing search of the top 10 jrpg's of this generation, I did and every single list I read had Xenoblade Chronicles as the number 1 game of this gen. To make matters worse for SE, Monolithsoft's new JRPG currently titled X looks like it will probably hold the title for the greatest JRPG of next gen. Why? If you don't know that, find a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles and play it. Immersion, open world, and customization of characters were very in depth, and the story was amazing. XIII usually falls eighth or seventh on the list, and if the new title X beats VS XIII on release date (and it looks like it will) then expect them to be compared constantly to each other, and that doesn't look good for VS XIII. (If you haven't seen the video for X, go watch it on youtube.) Not that certain things don't look better on VS XIII, but the fact that a little known company can be so ambitious and beat a jrpg empire to the punch on a game, and in some cases do better than the almighty FF franchise. (Which for starters, 4 player online coop, a GAINT World, and transforming mechs top the list.)

********** Next, for all the people who say "Square-Enix has been in business forever, they know what they're doing." all I can say is tell that to Sega, or the numerous game developers that have went out of business last year. No business is to big to fail, that's fact. You know what, don't look at those other game companies, look Square-Enix. How many employees have been fired, demoted, stepped down, let go, or straight up quit since this gen started. I hope everyone's "Square-Enix knows what their doing" remarks comfort those who have lost their job because the company isn't profitable enough to maintain it's employees. Saying "Yeah, FF XIII is fine, keep making those games" is like saying to someone who sucks at singing "Yeah you're a good singer, go on American Idol" and the end result is the same. Square-Enix has made a fool of themselves to fans around the World. Help the company with constructive criticism, not fan loyalty that's blinder than my profile pic, and he's wearing a blindfold. If you're asking where my constructive criticism is, it's not in this post. Create a post (which I think there already is) for constructive criticism of where fans think the series needs to go. As for what Square-Enix needs to change to become successful again, I'd say every business decision made since the start of this gen.

bigtakilla
5th Apr 2013, 06:55
I just noticed something, Lightning with sunglasses seems to suffer from Riku with blindfold envy. Lol.

destruction7
5th Apr 2013, 07:01
Hmmm These companies didnīt have scapegoats to survive or to recover your losses In this case Square ENIX have Eidos Interactive to Sacrifice

Look Nintendo did have Acclaim (N64) Gameboy,Nintendo power, and still have alot of scapegoats like 3ds,Wii u and others.

Never put all your money on only thing!

nasos_333
5th Apr 2013, 12:31
IGN just did a good review of this.*

My opinion, which Square's management has been ignoring, is that....

Make Final Fantasy the core titles not Tomb Raider, Hitman, ect.

IGN said Square was trying to appeal to Western audiences.

I would much rather have a Final Fantasy title than these.

I would much rather have Bravely Default and anything that looks like FF7-8-9 than all of FF13 series (that includes FF13vs) and the other irrelevant games like TR and Hitman, put together

Square needs to go back to making art, not madiocre 3D games for the masses

Bravely Default is art, one of the ultimate games of our time and my most anticipated JRPG in years and years

I could stare at Bravely Default art for eternity, while i would not even contaminate my garbage bin with a FF13 copy, it looked that generic and boring comparing

destruction7
5th Apr 2013, 19:20
Bravely Default is art, isnīt that ultimate art,Most important TOMB RAIDER and Hitman Are irrelevant only in Japan.

sKORPION86
6th Apr 2013, 00:00
Just beat Tomb Raider last night. the story is good. but its not Great. i dont like the fact theres no real side missions besides finding Items just to complete % list. and no Side Bosses. the Tombs offer a puzzle but no real great reward besides another Item that does nothing for you.. SQENIX was apart of this game. and i believe there should have been more original SE idea's put in. i did like you got to choose your path. What weapon you wanted to master. you got to choose. besides that the games short.

my point is. SE , as a huge Final Fantasy fan for about 14 years now. things have gone down hill. i love the FF13 Story. love FF games in general but honestly need some new vision when it comes the big picture and trying to keep original idea's and at the same time slowly changing the game more n more each year. Which is a good thing. i think change is good. and you guys are slowly understanding what we want. the Transition from 13 to 13-2 was great. i was more happy with 13-2 then i have been in years, since FF10. and i believe Lightning Returns will be a great finisher with that Time concept.

What im looking forward to the most is Versus. and whatever FF game that was in the PS4 Annoucement last month. that looks amazing. Love your bringing Summoning back. and the graphics were off the chart. :)

destruction7
7th Apr 2013, 16:33
1 Problem except Big major With Square enix is when she milked something! various games now made by*Square enix*are not cool,amazing,fun,Dark just really Disturbing!.

davynstrife
10th Jun 2013, 22:44
E3 just revealed a new Kingdom Hearts on the PS4...A LONG TIME COMING...Most fans thought that this was never going to be done and it's finally here. While I am not big on the Kingdom Hearts Franchise, I respect its following. Could this mean that Square is listening to their loyal and EXTREMELY dedicated fans? Could this mean that at some point in the hopefully near future a remake of Final Fantasy 7 will be released on the PS4? I created this thread to litterally express myself and open pandoras box yet again. This topic has already been abused on several occasions for years. To put it simple...I hope they do and I to be quite honest, I don't care if it was released at $100 for a copy...I'd buy it. I'd buy the collectors edition for $50 more and I know hundreds of other people in my small, Canadian city in Ontario that would do the exact same thing. I am almost positive that the MILLIONS of FF7 fans would follow suit just to relive that nostalgia.*

Anyways...I am done...end rant /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cool.gif

sleepyeyes
10th Jun 2013, 23:31
Yes!!! *I agree. *I would pay more for a deluxe edition. *When Konami released the HD remaster of the Zone of the Enders games, they packaged it in a giant, gold foil-covered box. *

Square-Enix, please give me a giant, foil-covered FFX box!!! *:-)

alex.rompen
11th Jun 2013, 12:50
I dont understand why Sony doesnt have an executive whose sole job it is to stand outside the CEO's office and go "Please Please Please Please Please" until they redo it...does Sony and Square REALLY that badly underestimate the consumer demand? They could package it with a launch PS4, charge 500-600 for it and they would fly off the shelves...people would literally trample over xbox 1s to have it....

akjhu_
12th Jun 2013, 07:29
Keep pushing, square!

venkaramon
12th Jun 2013, 16:20
I still cant see SE doing it as much as I want it as well. But IF and thats a big IF they do do it it will be on Xone as well

davynstrife
15th Jun 2013, 15:49
I dont understand why Sony doesnt have an executive whose sole job it is to stand outside the CEO's office and go "Please Please Please Please Please" until they redo it...does Sony and Square REALLY that badly underestimate the consumer demand? They could package it with a launch PS4, charge 500-600 for it and they would fly off the shelves...people would literally trample over xbox 1s to have it....

I couldn't agree more with this! This would have been huge! I wonder if anyone important actually reads these damn posts because this would be worth royalties for you haha...

What I remember them saying is that they would need to create a Final Fantasy that received the same amount of attention as Final Fantasy 7 before remaking it...I honestly...and tell me what you think of course - I honestly think they have something coming with Final Fantasy 15. That E3 trailer gave me goosebumps...Probably the first BADASS final fantasy since 7 and X...UNREAL!

gyigyo2
20th Jun 2013, 08:16
Yeah,Yeah big idiots things come..New CEO is not better than the old one.