PDA

View Full Version : Strange happenings in saved sequences

Random
3rd Apr 2003, 15:04
I've been playing the campaign game for a couple of weeks now, but the other day I tried a skirmish game, won it, and then saved the sequence. I watched that sequence after I finished the game to have a look at how the computer AI went about recruiting and deploying its troops.

And I noticed something a bit weird. Namely, the replay seemed to have a life if its own: Toward the end of the replay, when I was about to conquer the last town, the enemy sent off a catapult and some troops to one of my towns and destroyed my tower and garrison. I didn't remember this happening in the game, but I figured I must have been too preoccupied with crushing the enemy to notice.

But no! I just watched the replay again, and toward the end of the mission the enemy sent off no troops to my town and this time my garrison remained untouched, just like I remembered from when I played it.

I thought this was a bit baffling, and I'm wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else?

LordJohnDrinksalot
12th Apr 2003, 16:41
When I load a saved sequence - not every time, but often enough - it doesn't really show the skirmish game that I've saved.

It starts out the same as the actual game but then things happen that I know didn't happen in the original game. One skirmish game that I won against the Gauls when I watched the saved sequence had the Gauls winning easily using cavalry and berserkers and ballista even though I won the game without encountering any cavalry.

Disappointing because the actual games are so fast paced that I don't have the time to admire the action or sounds, so having the saved sequences do their own thing is irritating.

Random
13th Apr 2003, 00:39
I guess this must be a bug, because I don't see why the replays would take on a life of their own for no reason. It's a pretty weird bug though.