PDA

View Full Version : HELP! I need ideas for music!!!!

DJ Tech
2nd Apr 2003, 17:24
Title says it all. I'm doing some work for an online radio show aimed at gamers. What I need is upbeat techno instrumentals. I've gone through my collection already and found that most of my stuff has vocal samples. I seriously do NOT want to spend tons of time removing vocals and and creating loops. Any ideas???

http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/musik/music-smiley-002.gif
DJ Tech

Deekman
2nd Apr 2003, 17:49
If you have digital cable, there are several music channels,
including an all instrumental techno channel.
Maybe something could be copped from there.

Cyber_Punk_303
2nd Apr 2003, 20:24
Download some:

DJ Diesel Boy: like OCTANE!!! That song is amazing
Mirwais: Disco Science
Linkin Park: Cure for the Itch
Art of Fighters: The Beat Can't Stop
Meat Beat Manifesto: Book of Shadows

Umm, i guess you could download some miscellaneous techno/rave/electronic music...

Damn - all the stuff i love has vocals...

DJ Tech
3rd Apr 2003, 18:22
DEEK-

I've got digital cable, but the techno channel we've got SUCKS.
I say this as a techno fan, too.

CP- Dieselboy is one of the best drum'n'bass DJ 's EVER!

I'm definitely using DJ Irene- Infected for this episode. Not sure what else to use yet, though.

DaveJ
3rd Apr 2003, 19:08
Nine Inch Nails remixes?

Lil Lara
4th Apr 2003, 00:42
I LOVE Conjure One. Ever heard of him? He is considered "techno" but it's not really dance techno stuff--I can't really explain it. His CD has guest vocals on a few songs(including Poe! and Sinead O'Connor) but most of it is just instrumental. I don't think this is what you are looking for but I really like it. :D

DJ Tech
4th Apr 2003, 16:07
DaveJ-

I like that idea. Especially since most of the people that will be listening to the show are NIN fans.

Lil Lara- Never heard of him, but I'll trust ya and check this guy out. :D

DaveJ
4th Apr 2003, 16:53
The only reason I added a question mark is because you said "upbeat".
:D

But I have NIN tracks on the Xbox to listen to alongside compatible games, and it rocks!

DJ Tech
5th Apr 2003, 20:05
you put "NIN" and "upbeat" in the same sentence?! :P

Now all I have to do is wait for the show's "head honcho" to send me the voice files I need....

edit: What songs and games are you talking about?

DaveJ
6th Apr 2003, 08:00
I have "Down in it" and "Head like a Hole" playing during "Dead or Alive: Extreme Volleyball".

I've used a lot of NIN tracks in TV promo work in the past too.
As it all got submitted for copyright payments, they obviously thought we were doing something right as their record company sent me a free copy of their last album "The Fragile"! A week before its release in the shops too!

dhama
6th Apr 2003, 09:12
Have you tried some of the eJay sound loop CD's?

DJ Tech
7th Apr 2003, 15:49
gotta love EJay.....cheap and easy to use.....too bad I had to uninstall it a while back.

I miss my EJay. But Cool Edit Pro kicks ass too.

skii
15th Apr 2003, 22:49
hows this:

dishdishkapooshdishdishkapooshdishdishkapurrrrrsssshhhhooeeticphurrrrtictapooshpurrrrticakapooshpurrticapooossssssshhss...
ti

DJ Tech
16th Apr 2003, 04:46
well.....if that actually made sense, it'd work nicely:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

whitemetal
16th Apr 2003, 11:43
Don't know if it will help or not but Columbia put out a CD a couple of years ago titled "Electronic Battle Weapons" with tracks by Underworld,The Orb,Wink,808 State,Leftfield, Darren Price,Proellerheads,Severed Heads,Fluke & many more,30 tracks in all, most of which are instumental. It may be worth a listen if you can track it down, a couple of tracks have been used in TV ads in the past.

DJ Tech
16th Apr 2003, 18:07
do you know the names of any of the songs?

if it's mostly well-known stuff, I might already have it.