PDA

View Full Version : Square Enix Forums: Feedback (Outdated)

Nights
30th May 2012, 21:24
The information in this thread is outdated.
------------

I am browsing with the latest version of Firefox (NoScript and Adblock Plus disabled for testing purposes) on a Windows 7 x64 bit machine.* The forums are kind of laggy, and it takes a few seconds for them to load up whenever I navigate to a sub forum, try to create a post, or edit a post.*

I am not sure if it is just me, or what is going on here?

Nights
30th May 2012, 21:26
Please modify the "Recent Topics" on the front page to show ONLY thread titles. There are inevitably going to be spoiler threads to discuss various SE games, and I have no desire to be privy to a major game spoiler just by glancing over to see what has recently been posted.

Keeping the thread titles/last poster/post time is fine, but there is no real reason to display the thread contents, especially when people go to the trouble to list "SPOILERS" in the title...

Popcicle
30th May 2012, 21:34
we also have a spoiler function on the forums.

Type and this content will be hidden

Popcicle
30th May 2012, 21:35
I've gotten mixed reactions from various users. We'll look into it of course and see what we can do to optimize your experience here.

Nights
30th May 2012, 21:40
Yeah, but the problem is that either 1) people either won't use (not maliciously, I hope) or will not know that they exist/how to use, and 2) it only takes one errant post to ruin the ending or storyline of a game, and it would be a shame that that happens because of an errant glance at the 'recent posts' side bar.

For instance, I had the identity of the Origami Killer in Heavy Rain ruined for me in a very similar matter, and it was no one's fault...but there was no real excuse for it.

Nights
30th May 2012, 21:41
I would appreciate that, thank you. :)

monstermaniac
30th May 2012, 21:50
Yeah I'm using Google Chrome and it feels laggy too , like after every load I have to wait 10-15 seconds before I can click a link or hit the reply button.

Nights
30th May 2012, 21:52
In continuing my list of suggestions...

Is there anyway we can move the "Community" forum to near the top of the page? I am guessing it is going to be our "general" or "off topic" forum, and it would be nice to have it be more prominent/obvious to see, and so I don't have to scroll all the way down the page below the "album" and "manga" forums in order to get to it...

Its a pure aesthetic decision, I admit...BUUUUT...I would really like it.

Please? Pretty please?

member_10830834
30th May 2012, 21:55
I'm using Firefox and it feels fine for me.

Nights
30th May 2012, 22:01
I'm using Firefox and it feels fine for me.

What build are you using? Any specific add ons you are using to increase performance?

Ksquall
30th May 2012, 22:02
I actually agree with your suggestion. It would be easier for users to post on and introduce themselves as well if that's to be the off-topic style of board on these forums.

immadametal
30th May 2012, 23:04
Plus, everyone knows, the off topic sections get more hits than any other forum sections anyway.

Exentryk
31st May 2012, 07:38
Using this on the latest Chrome Version (19) and the site is laggy. I do have Adblock Plus though, but it shouldn't slow down the site.

import_JustSnilloc
31st May 2012, 16:52
As a denizen of the internet and a person with some experience in web design, I've been on quite a few forums and have learned what works and what doesn't. That being said, the following isn't meant as a complaint, but rather a means to make the site work better and attract more people to it

I'm not sure by what means this forum has been constructed, but here's what I think would make it a lot cooler!

1) Major Forum sections and Sub Forum sections...

First a pic of what I mean...
i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc442/JustS... (http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc442/JustSnilloc/SquareForums.jpg)

What this does is allows people to talk about each of the series both in general and about the FF/KH/DQ/etc series and each of their games...

2) Generalization

Here what I mean is this: For a title such as FFVII, allow only a FFVII board instead of separate boards for the compilation, allow all talk about the FFVII universe to go on in that board... FFIV and the after years would be one board, FFX and X-2 would be one board, FFXII and Revenant Wings would be one board, etc...

If in the future the boards become too cluttered because of this, then by all mean add sub sub categories to themselves, but a healthy amount of posts shouldn't be confused with clutter

3) Special Interests boards

"Post Your Fan ___ here", everyone loves sharing work they've done, whether it be artwork, music, writings, it makes for a board people want to come back to

----------------

Things like that would make the site quite a bit more enjoyable though :)

izzyzuzu
31st May 2012, 21:14
I am browsing with the latest version of Firefox (NoScript and Adblock Plus disabled for testing purposes) on a Windows 7 x64 bit machine. The forums are kind of laggy, and it takes a few seconds for them to load up whenever I navigate to a sub forum, try to create a post, or edit a post.

This is happening for me as well, and I am using exactly same as above, latest version, Same NoScript and Adblock Plus disabled, and on windows 7 x64 bit machine. There is some what a lag.

Nights
1st Jun 2012, 08:54
I am browsing with the latest version of Firefox (NoScript and Adblock Plus disabled for testing purposes) on a Windows 7 x64 bit machine. The forums are kind of laggy, and it takes a few seconds for them to load up whenever I navigate to a sub forum, try to create a post, or edit a post.

This is happening for me as well, and I am using exactly same as above, latest version, Same NoScript and Adblock Plus disabled, and on windows 7 x64 bit machine. There is some what a lag.

I switched machines to one that runs Vista (yeah...) 64 bit and tried Firefox again with Adaware and NoScript disabled, and still a bit laggy.

Nights
1st Jun 2012, 08:55
Plus, everyone knows, the off topic sections get more hits than any other forum sections anyway.

This.

Come on admins! I will feed your chicobos for a week if you do it!

Sefyre
1st Jun 2012, 15:04
I'm using Firefox 9.X and with Ad-Block Plus enabled and am running a Windows XP machine with 2 Gigs RAM and 1.20 GHz of CPU and only 32 bit (yeap, I'm on an older machine) and yeap, the forums and the SE website on a whole is rather laggy for me. Without Ad-Block Plus, it is still as laggy and using Chrome doesn't do me any additional favors.

In my case, the site and forums simply load slow and the general outline of everything will show at first and then after a few moments, the entire page will load.

But to be honest, this lag was a major major problem I was experiencing with the older website, too, so despite this lag, I actually see that there is improvement.

YoshiKatYoko
2nd Jun 2012, 15:26
Post your suggestions here that can make the SE forum a fun and easy to manage with, while it is under maintenance.

One of my suggestions is to assign a maximum of 2 members to moderate per subforum. I'm not talking about picking random members to moderate, but rather people who are helping the specific subforum in the main game itself. And also, the purpose of moderators is to unclutter the respective forums they moderate, to keep it clean and away from trolls.

My other suggestion is that you can have your own profile page. Yeah, like Facebook. That way, we could update our status and subscribe to some fellow members that deem our likings, thus making this forums a helping hand.

member_10803141
2nd Jun 2012, 15:53
I think at the moment the forums are a bit laggy for my tastes. I know they just came up and everything is new and squeaky :P But posting/loading needs to be a bit faster =]

And maybe a chat room? That'd be neat :D

Automaton
2nd Jun 2012, 17:46
Just wanted to bring up some things related to posting that I'm unsure is working as intended.

<ul>
There's a difference between posting for a new topic and editing a post/quick-replying. New topics can be entirely single-spaced, while quick reply and post editing double-spaces between paragraphs. I think it's this discrepancy which is causing the formatting of one particular post I've done (/go/thread/view/139235/29153457/DLC_Round-Up!) to be messed up.
Posters are able to edit and delete their topics initially after creation, but this function only lasts until the first reply is made.
[/list]

Popcicle
3rd Jun 2012, 01:11
>> the first part is something we'll look into. Now that lots of members are posting on the forums we're going to look into how posts look under different layouts and how members prefer to formulate their conversations. We'll implement some polish on the formatting that I'm hoping will resolve your concern over time.

>> the second part is pretty consistent with how we'd like to operate, editing or deleting a post for a new topic should only apply if the topic was made in error, but once someone replies to it, it's an established thread, and moderators are then the only ones capable of making significant changes. We'll take in feedback on this however and make adjustments if necessary.

Popcicle
3rd Jun 2012, 01:22
feel free to add more suggestions, but I'm going to move this thread to the Square Enix Members Feedback Forum

Automaton
3rd Jun 2012, 01:37
Sounds great!

The first part is really appreciated. I personally prefer not having the auto double-space active, but I'm OK to go along with whatever ends up being established. As for the second, I had a gut feeling that the answer was something like what you described to me but I felt it would be good to make sure: as a visitor and sometime-mod of various forums over the years I can see your reasoning behind it.

Believe it or not, though, there's a part 3 I forgot to add. In terms of reporting posts, which I admit is something I don't tend to want to do very often, the buttons to send or cancel the report seem to not be working (comes up javascript;void when I hover over them), and sometimes, trying to move the position of the type cursor causes the contents of the report description to be erased.

Thank you, and thanks in advance!

YoshiKatYoko
3rd Jun 2012, 02:19
Yes, a mini chatroom

:)

Symbiosis
3rd Jun 2012, 02:57
My suggestion is that there should be only 5 - 6 THREADS per subforum. This includes, A Question and Answer, A General Discussion, A Random Thread, A Notice, Other stuffs for that game and a Spam Thread (this is the "non" serious thread that you can talk with others, relating to the subforum). By this, the subforum won't be messed up too much, and it would maintain clean and active. Plus, that subforum will be easy to track and to follow.

My other suggestion is to have signatures in your posts.

+1 for the moderation suggestion.

Automaton
3rd Jun 2012, 03:09
I don't disagree with some of this, since I've made broad topic threads for other sections of these boards already, but I don't believe that such restrictive moderation is necessary or even needed at this point in time. People need to keep in mind that this version of the site is still in its infancy, and what forums need in their early stages is activity to be encouraged, not stifled by rules and restrictions.

One could see a single topic as easier to follow since it covers everything, another could see it as a hassle because everyone is posting in it and makes the conversation hard to follow. In contrast, the sight of many topics is a sign of growth, of people willing to talk about specific things that "matter" to them, or cluttered and full of redundancy at worst.

There are two sides to the coin.

EDIT: If you go into the Preferences link at the top of the forums page (small and relatvely unfancy font), you can add a simple signature from there. You can even use HTML code if you want to make it fancier.

YoshiKatYoko
3rd Jun 2012, 03:25
This is a forum. It has limitations. The order of the community depends on the order of THE subforum itself. Can't you find a sign of growth where there are only 5 topics to visit with each have their own purposes? When one thread gets 1000 posts, time for a thread 2. That's really special. If you are visiting other forums/subforums, they only have 5 main threads, with 3-5 unstickied ones. This way, it could not get cluttered and outdated.

Automaton
3rd Jun 2012, 03:46
Fair enough. I've seen examples where threads get long enough to warrant a ver.2 or even more.

But even a general discussion topic alone could seem "cluttered" with unwanted information to someone who only wants focus his discussion on a specific piece of the pie. I could make another Minigame topic for another Final Fantasy title: does that mean that someone who wants to talk about the intricacies of one specific minigame can't have his topic on it because of redundancy?

As I said before, I'm not outright disagreeing with you. But there needs to be a balance somewhere, and it's not one that's going to be found right away. Who knows how many other Members, veterans and new alike, are yet to come out of the woodworks to contribute to this place?

Jackstin
3rd Jun 2012, 03:55
I think the forum should be shared between NA members and EU members. It doesn't make sense to split the discussion, and at the moment EU has nothing,

i created a new account to be in the forums, but I can't register any of my games on this account.

So in short, any member should be able to access a single English forum, centralised.

That's just my opinion, thanks!

YoshiKatYoko
3rd Jun 2012, 04:11
That is why there are only few threads to highlight about. Creating an irrevelant discussion doesn't mean that you should create a new thread. It isn't bad to break a discussion/the purpose of the thread, as long as you're on the right thread. Have questions? Go to the Q n A. Any New discussion that can open up the Main Discussion team? Go to the main GD thread. Have a new comment/interesting fact about a character/weapon/min-game/place in the game? Go to the Spam Thread. You don't know the main guidance of the subforum? Visit the notice thread.

Specifically, it doesn't hurt to have 10 or less topics per subforum. If you have a separate discussion that CAN'T be included in one of the threads, then CREATE one. But if you found a thread that's suitable for your post, then post in that thread. One example that I'll be making a thread off is my Speed Kills Discussion for XIII-2, so only Speed Kill related stuffs are only acceptable to post there. But separate threads and multiple threads is pretty bad, like making a thread for just a question (which should be posted in the Q N A).

And that depends on the moderators (if any) on how they maintain and order their subforums. Honestly, what I want is the above, but it's my opinion.

YoshiKatYoko
3rd Jun 2012, 04:17
Mine also -_- But I doubt that will happen.

Grimoire
3rd Jun 2012, 04:20
Merging SE NA and SE EU and turning them into SE International (or something like that) would be nice. I understand if that is easier said than done, though.

Still, the Chinese SE page shouldn't be left out (even if it hasn't been updated for a few years): www.square-enix.net.cn/ (http://www.square-enix.net.cn/)

Oh, and regarding registering games: Most of my SE titles are the NA editions, but pretty much all of them (with the exception of Dissidia and Dissidia 012) are from before registration codes were handed out. Nowadays I always get the EU Collector's Editions or the JP versions instead of buying the NA ones.

Grimoire
3rd Jun 2012, 12:42
When I try using the "INSERT PHOTO" command in a forum topic, this happens:

semna30.webs.com/SEM_NA_INSERT_PHOTO_Loc... (http://semna30.webs.com/SEM_NA_INSERT_PHOTO_Locked.jpg)

The page locks up like this.

member_10803141
5th Jun 2012, 15:02
It can be easy to lose a topic you're having a conversation on with this many boards and subboards.

If there isn't a way, the brains and brawn behind the site should make up one :) Please?

Automaton
5th Jun 2012, 15:31
If it's a seperate page/search funtion, then by all means.

Another thing that would help is that the boards listing should list the actual topic posted in last for each sub-board, not just the time since and the user that posted it.

I don't find the amount of boards and sub-boards to be an issue, myself, it's quite necessary for somewhat organized discussion about the myriad of things Square Enix has to offer.

member_10027469
5th Jun 2012, 16:52
I may not have understood your question correctly, but if I did, just subscribe to whatever thread you want to keep up with. It will tell you when somebody comments, I think.

You know, I 'm going to test it out myself, I'm not even sure if that's true. I'll start with this one.

member_10803141
5th Jun 2012, 19:06
Does it only tell you via email though? Because sorting through all my junk and spam is quite hard nowadays XD If it lets me follow them, through say my profile or something, that'd be alot better :P

And I don't find it an issue to have this many boards, I do like it alot. It just sometimes can be easy to forget about one topic when you're discussing others ;) But I know that on alot of vB based forums there is a simple button to see all the new threads/threads with new posts with one button, just wondering if we can get something like that ;)

iambasho777
5th Jun 2012, 20:09
Under the home page there is a community activity section with the five most recent posts on it and a button to show older activities. However, the older activities button is broken at the moment, I hope it gets to be fixed sometime soon

member_10047476
6th Jun 2012, 18:43
Yes, I agree. I hope there'll be a "new posts since last visit" feature. It's convenient to have the topics listed on one page instead of trying to look through all your emails for the last comment of your subscribed threads. I also like to just read the new topics and topics that have new posts in it. It's especially helpful when you don't visit the forums very often and you need a quick summary of what's new in the forums.

double0nothing
7th Jun 2012, 14:10
That is all.

Oniros
12th Jun 2012, 16:23
I knew I wasn't the only OCD here. Somebody fix that please!

Automaton
12th Jun 2012, 17:47
Noticing that the organization of the forum directory isn't the same as what it used to be. Additional Title Discussion has jumped to the top, and the Kingdom Hearts 3D and Final Fantasy XIII-2 forums aren't in the same places that they were.

Popcicle
12th Jun 2012, 18:45
That's a bug for sure, not sure what's causing it. I corrected the order and I'll see if we can find out why that's happening. Thanks for the catch!

Popcicle
12th Jun 2012, 19:24
In terms of reporting posts, which I admit is something I don't tend to want to do very often, the buttons to send or cancel the report seem to not be working (comes up javascript;void when I hover over them), and sometimes, trying to move the position of the type cursor causes the contents of the report description to be erased.

Is this still happening for you? I haven't so far been able to replicate the bug.

Popcicle
12th Jun 2012, 19:25
When I try using the "INSERT PHOTO" command in a forum topic, this happens:

semna30.webs.com/SEM_NA_INSERT_PHOTO_Loc... (http://semna30.webs.com/SEM_NA_INSERT_PHOTO_Locked.jpg)

The page locks up like this.

Currently image posting to the forum is somewhat restricted. Though you should not get a page lock-up. We'll look into this.

Automaton
12th Jun 2012, 19:59
Yep, the Additional Titles are back where they should be! Just the KH3D and FFXIII-2 boards are still out of order in their respective sections, they list second from the top.

You're welcome!

Popcicle
13th Jun 2012, 12:41
Should be correct now.

member_10120918
15th Jun 2012, 11:30
Okay after being in the new Square Enix Members for a couple of days, I notice there are alot of things can be done.

Let me list them:
1.) You have to many boards for one series, example of this is Final Fantasy where it is divided into the different games like VII, VIII, etc., I think it should be compressed into one board, its a bit of a waste of having each game having it's own board. Imagine if you were Nintendo and did Mario, you would have an extra long page. My advice shrink/condense the board, trust me it will be much easier to navigate.

2.) The vast majority of the forum is about just taling about your products, I mean sure it's your site and you don't want to mix any content that you as a company do not have the rights to, but it is up for discussion. We would like to talk about other things besides your products and just plain old chat about how was your day or even what are some good movies that are coming out. Have a REAL General Discussion Board, Fan Fiction Board, a Fan Art Board, and for some of the people here, the Role Playing Board. Trust me adding these will help make the forum more active. Seriously you need to please the fans, don't be like Capcom.

3.) If the avatar authorization is a big problem, have preselected avatars of all your intelllectual properties. Back on Nsider, Nintendo had a selection of avatars of all the characters they have on their systems and they were over 500 different avatars to choose from. On the other hand you can bring back the old avatar maker that we had in the beginning so people can make their own unique avatar with your supplies and thus not being restricted with Copyrights and such.

4.) A few things here are incomplete and it does need to be fixed around, one example is the game registration. You do have some games that are missing for display and there is no way for us to know which games are we missing. We don't have a master list here like we did in the old site so you can see what games you registered and the points you got, I think we need to fix that, pictures are nice to show off but we can read.

5.) The message system needs a notification when you recieve new messages. Email notifications are okay but you need one ON SITE not when you look at the message center. Also there is some glitch with the message system that says I have new messages when I don't.

6.) I think the profiles need a comment box or shout box so friends can send out quick messages or say compliments like we had back on the old site. This will help members feel a bit comfortable with the community.

7.) Add a "Like" button. Whenever a member makes a good post in a thread or comment they should be recognized by their peers on this site.

Well so far this is what I have, I hope this will help you in making the new Square Enix memebers site be more appealing. Also I can't wait to see how the new achievement section will work out and other changes that will hapen in the near future. Let's keep this place alive.

member_10770952
15th Jun 2012, 12:15
wistles.., nice^^

Hala
15th Jun 2012, 12:36
Yeah!!!!! Let's keep this place alivehttp://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif

iambasho777
15th Jun 2012, 13:49
On your first point, there are Final Fantasy Series and a Kingdom Hearts series forums, so it shouldn't be too hard for them to take out those two longer chunks and replace them with links to those two forums. and then have all of the individual forums in there (and maybe add general discussion forums specifically for those two franchises while they're at it?)

Automaton
15th Jun 2012, 14:06
OK, let's go through the list.

1) I personally don't mind having boards for each of the games in the main series, since I find it to be a little more organized than just lumping everything together.

2) Seconded if only just to have it there, or, if people want to just chat, maybe actually having an IRC to keep nonsense chatter off of actual topics. I tend to avoid "general" discussion boards. Fan Fiction and Fan Art could very well be combined.

3) No issues with the avatar here.

4) They were working on it and it's been stated if you feel that some games are missing (keep in mind that this would be physical copies of games purchased after 17th March 2009), you should try contacting Admin.

5) Definite agreement. I'd prefer having in-site notification rather than check my mail (which I need to do more these days anyway).

6) I could see something like this. They've said that features are still yet to be rolled out.

7) No. I've seen sites remove it for the potential to be abused (where it was paired with a dislike button, especially).

member_10829610
15th Jun 2012, 18:14
I agree on the off-topic discussions & the notification system.

member_10120918
15th Jun 2012, 22:27
@ Orichalcum+ : Yes I do agree that there is abuse that happens when you have a like and dislike buttons, but there is a way to get around it. First, no "dislike" button. Number two, limit the amount of likes you have per day, 5 is a good amount. And yes I was a victim of the abuse of a dislike button, but I went to a site that removed it's dislike button because they saw in abuse.

Silmaria01
16th Jun 2012, 02:04
I wish the old avatar system would come back on NA SEM. I miss my avatar T.T

Grimoire
16th Jun 2012, 05:38
So do I...

YukiTsubaki
16th Jun 2012, 17:09
I miss the old avatar system as well.

What I miss the most..is Johonny's in Grim's Excavation group. Can we at least set up a temporary outpost for everyone's favorite Dump here as a forum?!

member_10047476
16th Jun 2012, 19:04
Lol. Well someone had to mention it. Let's hope they fix it now.

member_10047476
16th Jun 2012, 19:56
1) When the website becomes more active, I think having separate boards for each game would help it be more organized. It's inconvenient to look for topics when boards become too cluttered and mixed with different topics.

2) Definitely agree with expanding the forums to more general chats. It does keep the forums alive, especially when there's an idle period of news or hype. Actually, people are already using the General Discussions forum to post random topics. So maybe the more general chat topics we post there, then maybe they'll convert it to a complete non-SE, random, off-topic general discussion forum and have sub-forums with it.

3) There needs to be a gallery of avatars to choose from if users don't want to upload a picture. I would've chosen an avatar if it was available on the website.

4) In think in time, they'll have it all complete and updated.

5) Agree with a message notification on site. You can respond more quickly to messages if there was a notification on site than only through email.

6) Also agree with this. The more social the website is, then the more people will use it.

7) Like Orichalcum+ said, people do tend to abuse the "Like" and "Dislike" buttons. But I think that there should at least be a spam or report button.

I'd also like to see a "View New Posts Since Last Visit" link. Topic here: na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139349... (/go/thread/view/139349/29161691/Is_there_a_way_to_see_all_new_threadsposts_since_last_visit)

member_10047476
16th Jun 2012, 20:08
Merging SE NA and SE EU and turning them into SE International (or something like that) would be nice. I understand if that is easier said than done, though.

I think they want to keep it separate because the news brought to each country is different and sometimes doesn't apply to other countries, and of course the language and cultural barriers. Keeping the main website and news separate is fine, but the forums could still be merged. Having a split discussion does seem unnecessary. Again, there is a language barrier, but at least the NA and EU forums could still be merged.

Popcicle
17th Jun 2012, 01:02
Okay after being in the new Square Enix Members for a couple of days, I notice there are alot of things can be done.

Let me list them:
1.) ...My advice shrink/condense the board, trust me it will be much easier to navigate.

We're always looking at the activity on forums and seeing if there are areas to condense or expand. The launch layout as you see it now was designed to give as much freedom to users to find whatever games, be they new or old, to discuss to their preferences, but we will have changes to the layout periodically over time as users interests change as well as where we have new games come into focus.

2.) ...Have a REAL General Discussion Board, Fan Fiction Board, a Fan Art Board, and for some of the people here, the Role Playing Board.

There is a General Discussion Board that should cover topics that don't typically belong in the title forums. You are encouraged to share your ideas/thoughts/and yep, fan fiction related to any title you wish within the various title discussion boards. For now please work with your fellow fans to create the kind of content you want to see on these boards, and to the best of our ability we will work to reflect what the community wants to do.

3.) If the avatar authorization is a big problem, have preselected avatars of all your intelllectual properties...
The option of preselected avatars are actually in the works, but currently we feel fans should enjoy the freedom of uploading what avatars they wish as long as it follows the forum guidelines.

4.) A few things here are incomplete and it does need to be fixed around, one example is the game registration...
As someone else mentioned, adjustments to this system are being ironed out over time; with more game information and fully fleshed out pages every day. We appreciate your patience with this process.

5.) The message system needs a notification when you recieve new messages...
I like this idea! However I'm not sure how easy it will be to implement very quickly so we'll have to look into it.

6.) I think the profiles need a comment box or shout box...
I also like this idea, and many of the previous Members site features. We're looking to roll out some of those features, many of them with new formats we hope you'll utilize and enjoy.

7.) Add a "Like" button...
I like this idea, specifically how it's used on the FINAL FANTASY XI and FINAL FANTASY XIV forums, so we'll look into this as well.

A lot of the above sounds like we're asking you to do a lot of the heavy lifting, but that's only because our personal feelings are that this board should be a reflection of what users talk about and want to see. Don't worry though, we're hard at work adding features, content, and some exclusive surprises that I hope you'll be very excited for in the coming weeks and months. We love the feedback however and know going in that this board lives on the efforts of our awesome and dedicated fans!

member_10120918
17th Jun 2012, 09:06
You may need to fix the wording on the description of that board. It states:

"Use this forum to have general discussions about Square Enix."

It still states that we need to talk about Square Enix.

Popcicle
17th Jun 2012, 10:33
That's correct, the forum in its entirety is for discussions on Square Enix and our related products, games, merchandise, music, etc. Players can discuss really anything they want related to Square Enix. The general discussion forum is for threads that aren't specifically related to any particular series or Square Enix product.

member_10120918
17th Jun 2012, 11:00
i511.photobucket.com/albums/s352/JMZX001... (http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s352/JMZX001/generaldiscussion.jpg)

Okay basically if it is a General Discussion, it's bottom description will say, "Use this board to have General Discussion about current events and conversations about other Topics."

Grimoire
17th Jun 2012, 13:20
I miss the old avatar system as well.

What I miss the most..is Johonny's in Grim's Excavation group. Can we at least set up a temporary outpost for everyone's favorite Dump here as a forum?!

Violence, lost children, alcohol, mysterious spoon tunnels, hot ladies & Balto, beheaded mothers and killer gophers? I don't know...actually, a place like that might even harm the company's image.

Just wait and see. The groups might return eventually, and then perhaps JoHoNNY's might return as a secret Yami no Bar. In fact, that has already happened.

YoshiKatYoko
18th Jun 2012, 08:33
Reposted (Dunno why there's another thread for this when I already made one):

One of my suggestions is to assign a maximum of 2 members to moderate per subforum. I'm not talking about picking random members to moderate, but rather people who are helping the specific subforum in the main game itself. And also, the purpose of moderators is to unclutter the respective forums they moderate, to keep it clean and away from trolls.

My other suggestion is that you can have your own profile page. Yeah, like Facebook. That way, we could update our status and subscribe to some fellow members that deem our likings, thus making this forums a helping hand.

Have like and dislike systems, yes.

Have forums have an offtopic discussion, spam thread I mean.

iambasho777
20th Jun 2012, 11:48
I would like to add a suggestion here. I just noticed two different users with the exact same avatar . I found this rather confusing, and was wondering if there could be a system set in place such that newer users cannot use avatars already taken by older users?

Automaton
20th Jun 2012, 12:06
For the avatar gallery, maybe, but I think it's too easy to work around since people have the option of uploading their own avatars anyway.

member_10120918
22nd Jun 2012, 00:05
Also Since we have PSN, Xbox Gamertag, and Wii FC Code, we also need 3DS FC code.

YukiTsubaki
22nd Jun 2012, 23:10
Not sure if anyone's brought this up yet, but when you go to look for a Spoiler Tag when you're composing your post, sometimes it's there....but more often not. Have had to reword a few posts to make up for this.

member_10074094
25th Jun 2012, 14:16
Everyone thinks my name is Jallan. It's Jalian, as it clearly says "Welcome, Jalian!" at the top... but when I post in the forums, it looks like Jallan... just a little annoying.

member_10768755
25th Jun 2012, 14:36
Yea, I know what you mean. The i in TehOuchies got distorted as well...

PS - I was reading your name as Jallan as well. :X

member_10074094
25th Jun 2012, 15:27
at first I thought everyone on the site was making the same typo... but then I realized it couldn't be a coincident..

Automaton
25th Jun 2012, 21:34
I could have sworn there was a topic on this already somewhere in Bug Reports or something.

Some computers I log in from have this same issue with the i to L thing, but on my netbook right now it's fine. (Do I look like Orlchalcum+ to you? No? :P)

member_10074094
25th Jun 2012, 22:24
I could have sworn there was a topic on this already somewhere in Bug Reports or something.

Some computers I log in from have this same issue with the i to L thing, but on my netbook right now it's fine. (Do I look like Orlchalcum+ to you? No? :P)

its Orlchalcum for me... lol. Thankfully I know what it means because a) I know you from KHU and b) I've seen the word in enough games... but not everyone has seen Jalian :(

I've taken some web design classes however... and this type of thing is generally frowned on (a different experience for the user based on what is insalled on his/her computer or what browser they are using). What browser are you using? I guess it wouldn't matter too much, because most people who quote me in the forums get the name wrong so they are clearly using something that isn't supporting it.

TheBoogeyBear
25th Jun 2012, 23:12
That's pretty interesting actually. I guess people see me as TheBoogleBear then ^.^

Automaton
25th Jun 2012, 23:35
My netbook has Chrome, any other place I log in is usually IE. Now, initially even I was seeing the letters wrong on the Chrome platform, but not anymore.

WhitePrism
26th Jun 2012, 06:14
Like others have said, I too miss the old 3D avatar customization system. It's what made this website fun to visit. I don't know why, but a thought came to me about a unqiue system of bubbles animated on the side screen displaying updated threads, etc. I'd also like to see ranks added for these forums like on the old Nintendo Nsider. ( It's sad Nintendo canceled that some years ago...).

Popcicle
26th Jun 2012, 17:38
Hello all!

Thanks to all of your invaluable feedback (/go/forum/view/139349/234367/members_site_feedback), we'll be making some forum order and consolidation measures today that will reorganize the way you navigate the top and subcategorical forum sections!

Your favorite threads will still exist, but more often than not will be consolidated into other forums or their addresses will change.

Please be sure to make use of the "subscribe thread" feature on the forums to always be able to locate your favorite forum!

We're also adding a couple new general discussion forums in the FINAL FANTASY and KINGDOM HEARTS sections.

DRAGON QUEST fans, we'll be consolidating all the forum discussions for your favorite titles into one forum under the Title Discussion category.

If after the consolidation you have any questions about the layout or further feedback, please post a thread in the Site Feedback Forum (/go/forum/view/139349/234367/members_site_feedback).

In the meantime, please pardon us as we move things around. We'll be doing active testing in real-time so you'll definitely see stuff in action.

Thank you again for all your feedback and please continue to help us shape these forums to the best they can be!

Robert Allen Peeler (/rpeeler)
Community Manager and forum-sweep-smith

Popcicle
26th Jun 2012, 19:04
As you might have noticed in this (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139233/29203979/Forum_Order_Adjustments) recent announcement. We've changed the order and display of the forums based on a lot of your feedback. Thanks again for the help in making this a better place to post. Please keep adding suggestions to this and other threads so that we can always improve your experience here.

Oh and feel free to tell us what you think of the recent changes to the layout.

member_10120918
26th Jun 2012, 20:15
A good start I must admit.

Sefyre
26th Jun 2012, 22:55
In no particular order with some of my own suggestions:

1) I really want to second, third, fourth or whatever the idea about having in-site notifications about messages and being quoted in the forums.

Though I check my email often enough, I have noticed that I don't always receive the correct notifications. Also, I think having real-time in-site notifcations would help to encourage more peer-to-peer conversations as group conversations and direct conversations would be easier to track. Instead of having to check email, we can simply glance at our on-site notifications.

2) I would really personally appreciate a raw post formatting option for replying to posts in addition to the current WYSIWYG interface.

Autoformatting paragraphs and such really bothers me because I am so entirely used to being able to input my posts raw and doing all the formatting myself. I do web development so I am constantly handcoding everything.

3) Can we please fix how the forum posts look in regards to paragraph spacing and quote spacing?

There is a really large gap/spacing between paragraphs and an even bigger spacing around quoted content and the posted content afterwards and all of the whitespace makes the topic threads look really... space-y and sprawling. Could the spacing please be decreased a little so that everything looks more streamlined and compact?

4) The avatars issue could be fixed if there were someone(s) dedicated entirely to the approving (or disproving) of uploaded avatars.

5) Related to avatars (and I'm not sure if this is already in place since I haven't uploaded any new avatars since my first and current one), it would be useful to be able to have in our image collection a collection of all of our approved avatars so that when we switch to a different avatar, we don't have to go through the approval process all over again.

Basically, if I uploaded and used 3 different avatars over a span of time, I should be able to go and choose one of my previously used avatars to re-use again without having to have my avatar be moderated again.

5) I really like how we can see our registered games in our profiles on the Games tab, but I would love it even more if we could keep a running list of all of the SE titles we own - registered or not.

A lot of us own games from the pre-code era (I definitely have quite a collection of games from before then) or games that were pre-owned or games that were imported and it would be awesome if there were some way we could make note of these games in our Games collection.

Currently, our registered games show as a grid of nice big rectangular blocks; the non-registered pre-code era games could be a following grid made of squares maybe?

One of the things I enjoy about GameSpot is that I can keep a comprehensive running list of all of the games that I own. I'd love to be able to keep a similar list here at SE of all of the SE games in my collection.

6) I would love to see a bit more profile customization if possible.

Nothing fancy (as I know 'fancy' things tend to get out of hand), but being able to specifiy which forum and site-related modules we want to see on our profiles would be awesome and a way to rearrange these modules would be great, too, though perhaps a tall order. That way, I could - for example - move my modules around so that my Subscribed threads would be visible first rather than towards the bottom.

I don't mind seeing all of the information that I am seeing now, but having to hunt through my profile for the right module of information is a bit much at times.

In our photo albums/picture albums, there is a Wall Photos album. What are the Wall Photos for? Does this mean there is another profile customization option in the works?

7) And yes, I miss my old animated avatar, too. :)

It was something that made my SE members account page and membership unique and it gave me a way to show off my SE-related geekiness by dressing up my avatar in SE-inspired clothing and accessories.

All that said, that's it for now; I will post more if I think of anything else.

Also, I am really digging the new site and the new forum and such and I feel like there is so much potential for all of it so I really can't wait to see what other changes and features might be implemented.

Squall-Nathan
27th Jun 2012, 11:56
I see that with the forum changes, the Single Titles are now grouped together under "Other Games"

I've noticed that the titles were edited into the thread name, such as putting TWEWY before the original thread title, but you missed one of my threads involving Last Remnant. na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139251... (/go/thread/view/139251/29165401/Amazing)

I posted a thread saying "Amazing" in the Last Remnant forum and now it's in the other games forum. How is anyone supposed to know which game title I was talking about? I can't edit the thread title myself so if you could please put it in, it would be appreciated.

Popcicle
27th Jun 2012, 19:11
updated!

Squall-Nathan
27th Jun 2012, 19:15
Thank you so much. :)

Popcicle
27th Jun 2012, 20:14
In no particular order with some of my own suggestions:

1) I really want to second, third, fourth or whatever the idea about having in-site notifications about messages and being quoted in the forums.

I like this idea, but its definitely not a quick implementation, however we will continue to look into it.

2) I would really personally appreciate a raw post formatting option for replying to posts in addition to the current WYSIWYG interface.

We currently have no plans to add more posting UI options, but if this is a frequent concern of many users we'll look into the option.

3) Can we please fix how the forum posts look in regards to paragraph spacing and quote spacing?

It'll be a while before we can make changes to this but we're actively looking into preferred style formats for the forum.

4) The avatars issue could be fixed if there were someone(s) dedicated entirely to the approving (or disproving) of uploaded avatars.

We'll try to ease the approval time on this but appreciate everyone's patience.

5) it would be useful to be able to have in our image collection a collection of all of our approved avatars so that when we switch to a different avatar, we don't have to go through the approval process all over again.

The avatar system will be going through some changes to allow for multiple options. We'll let you know what changes are in store at a later time.

5) I would love it even more if we could keep a running list of all of the SE titles we own - registered or not.

I think this is a good idea. We'll have to look into the process as well as the display.

6) I would love to see a bit more profile customization if possible.

Overtime we will have more customization options in the MY SITE page.

7) And yes, I miss my old animated avatar, too. :)

While I understand there are users who miss the old avatar format, we have no plans to return to the previous system.

member_10628951
29th Jun 2012, 23:13
I recall before the big change we can add photos to the forum post and now we can't? Can you guys fix that? Its frustrating. I created a big, long thread about Versus XIII and I had to delete it because I couldn't add photos and I became a huge wall of text.

If not can you give me a good reason why not?

stealth
16th Jul 2012, 06:15
Square used to be the best rpg maker in the world, and there forums are smaller and less likely than nis america or atlus?

nobody cares about square because they dont listen to the fans at all

stealth
16th Jul 2012, 06:18
They wont ever touch half the series on this forum

member_10074094
16th Jul 2012, 07:16
these forums are still kind of new. A lot of people probably don't even realize that Square's members is working again... not everyone was checking every week to see if it was up like I was.

That doesn't mean that I don't agree with you. They definately don't seem to listen... fans demanding FFv13, FF7 remakes, KH3... we get nothing on any of these titles. They are catering to the fanbase of FF13 and its sequels... which isn't necessarily a bad idea... but the lack of interest in their other fanbases is disapointing.

member_10829610
16th Jul 2012, 07:20
Way to tell it like it is lol

member_10077577
16th Jul 2012, 08:19
Yea. Square had changed soon after they merged with Enix. They are completely relying on their western games to make them money for the most part. I'm okay with them having games for the western appeal only, but they can do so much better on their own side that they're not doing.

Popcicle
16th Jul 2012, 12:43
I'm not sure what you mean. Can you explain your concern better?

Mugen_Vtec
16th Jul 2012, 19:58
I'm not sure what you mean. Can you explain your concern better?

I think what he means is that for a ton of the games here that have a forum, like the Parasite Eve series, Chrono trigger/cross, and the games under the "Additional Title Discussion" that's under "Other Forums" that's under the "Sub-Forums (15)" do not get as much love as the FF series or KH series. Granted that FF and KH is one of the major IPs of SQEX, it would be nice to have those also have a dedicated forum area if you will than just pilling them up all in the "Additional Title Discussion" forum...sorta like treating them like the 2nd child while FF and KH are the first child where all the attention is going to. But then again, you have big western IPs from SQEX's western studios that are major IPs like Deus Ex, and Tomb Raider that is shoved into the Sub-Forums (15) catagory, as if they are nothing to fans. And what I think he means by "They wont ever touch half the series on this forum" is that SQEX (especially SQEX Japan) seems to be only focusing on FF and KH, and browser games, but there's fans out there that are dying for the next Parasite Eve game, or the next Chrono trigger/cross game, etc. The games that really helped define Squaresoft and helped Squaresoft grow back in the day. I mean, please don't forget about old fans that loved those retro games, and still do and are patiently waiting for another installment. And along the lines, The 3rd Birthday was a slap in the face for Parasite Eve fans, after a decade of waiting to have everything known to the PE series ruined by the atrocious story...except for the music, which is always awesome because Yoko Shimomura composed it, the winter setting in New York, and of course Yvonne Strahovski as "Aya"/Aya's VA.

member_10084729
17th Jul 2012, 04:33
I guess it is a good thing 3D WorldRunner or Bahamut Lagoon (not to mention Blood of Bahumat) doesn't have a forum to post in.

Popcicle
17th Jul 2012, 12:03
In terms of forum organization:

- Titles that are under "Additional Title Discussion", like Parasite Eve Series and Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross are listed as such because their iteration count is significantly lower than the FINAL FANTASY or KINGDOM HEARTS series. Simply for forum organization, and breadth of content discussion--FINAL FANTASY and KINGDOM HEARTS have a higher board count. In other words, they produce more discussion so the boards for them are more prominent.

- If titles like the Parasite Eve series and Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross had as much discussion as FINAL FANTASY and KINGDOM HEARTS, you can assume we'd increase their forum prominence. Currently the forum layout is very much a reflection of what players on this site have been focusing on. We welcome new player feedback for reorganizing forums, but the biggest catalyst to forum organization is when players talk about a title.

- In terms of big titles from our Eidos group, they're organized in the Other Forums section when they're not housed on this forum but rather link to other forums. We used to make the links more prominent, but players too often mistook them for local forums when they were actually links to other sites.

- Regarding development, I think players would be even more upset if we removed the Chrono Trigger or Parasite Even forums simply because new titles weren't in development for those series'. Like Ikusu mentioned, we used to have forums for every title we ever developed, simply to allow players to choose from the start, no matter when it released or how popular it was in North America, which game they wanted to talk about most. A few weeks back we reorganized the forum specifically on what titles players talked about most. I absolutely encourage you to start and continue discussion on any title you wish--if the discussions grow large enough, we'll accomodate players by adding more forums or increasing existing forum capacity.

-Also one more bit of insight into how we designed these forums: titles not released in NA, or not yet announced for a NA release will not have official forums. This is because we want to avoid confusing players on what titles are supported in NA and what aren't.

Popcicle
17th Jul 2012, 12:10
I saw a player concern and wanted to clarify a few points on how we've designed forum organization.

- Titles that are under "Additional Title Discussion", like Parasite Eve Series and Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross are listed as such because their iteration count is significantly lower than the FINAL FANTASY or KINGDOM HEARTS series. Simply for forum organization, and breadth of content discussion--FINAL FANTASY and KINGDOM HEARTS have a higher board count. In other words, they produce more discussion so the boards for them are more prominent.

- If titles like the Parasite Eve series and Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross had as much discussion as FINAL FANTASY and KINGDOM HEARTS, you can assume we'd increase their forum prominence...

- In terms of big titles from our Eidos group, they're organized in the Other Forums section when they're not housed on this forum but rather link to other forums.

- Regarding development, I think players would be ...upset if we removed the Chrono Trigger or Parasite Even forums simply because new titles weren't in development for those series'. ...[There] used to [be] forums for every title we ever developed/produced, simply to allow players to choose from the start, no matter when it released or how popular it was in North America, which game they wanted to talk about most. ...we reorganized the forum specifically on what titles players talked about most. I absolutely encourage you to start and continue discussion on any title you wish--if the discussions grow large enough, we'll accomodate players by adding more forums or increasing existing forum capacity.

-Also one more bit of insight into how we designed these forums: titles not released in NA, or not yet announced for a NA release will not have official forums. This is because we want to avoid confusing players on what titles are supported in NA and what aren't.

Long story short (too late), please continue to give us feedback on how you want us to organize the forums, we're happy to make changes, but keep in mind we also consider heavily what forums players are talking on--so another clear way to be heard is to keep discussion going on the titles you want to talk about most!

stealth
17th Jul 2012, 20:37
I disagree, there japan teams makes them most of the money

But come on, this mobile casual bull**** has to stop

all we want are rpgs, western and eastern developed...........

member_10637174
17th Jul 2012, 21:01
and northen.

Mugen_Vtec
17th Jul 2012, 23:12
In terms of forum organization:

- If titles like the Parasite Eve series and Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross had as much discussion as FINAL FANTASY and KINGDOM HEARTS, you can assume we'd increase their forum prominence. Currently the forum layout is very much a reflection of what players on this site have been focusing on. We welcome new player feedback for reorganizing forums, but the biggest catalyst to forum organization is when players talk about a title.

- In terms of big titles from our Eidos group, they're organized in the Other Forums section when they're not housed on this forum but rather link to other forums. We used to make the links more prominent, but players too often mistook them for local forums when they were actually links to other sites.

- Regarding development, I think players would be even more upset if we removed the Chrono Trigger or Parasite Even forums simply because new titles weren't in development for those series'. Like Ikusu mentioned, we used to have forums for every title we ever developed, simply to allow players to choose from the start, no matter when it released or how popular it was in North America, which game they wanted to talk about most. A few weeks back we reorganized the forum specifically on what titles players talked about most. I absolutely encourage you to start and continue discussion on any title you wish--if the discussions grow large enough, we'll accomodate players by adding more forums or increasing existing forum capacity.

Thank you Robert for replying and address concerns we may have. I understand why FF and KH would have a bigger forum, because they are the IPs that were given the most attention to by SQEX. Without a doubt, if SQEX gave the same attention to other IPs that they sort of "forgot" about over the years, those forums would have more discussion as well...that's the thing that is disheartening, to see SQEX just not really give much attention to old IPs that were prime examples of what amazing-ness Squaresoft can do in the PSX era. Additionally, it's also too bad that the SQEX Members forum isn't an exact real world representation of the interest fans have. I think for the most part, fans use the gamefaqs.com boards as their first source of discussion. And if you look up like Parasite Eve on gamefaqs.com's boards, you can see that discussions are still going on. The latest post for the Parasite Eve forum on gamefaqs.com was today. Granted PE came out in 1997, fans are still discussing it today, that's how much love there is for the PE series. I just wish there was some way to make SQEX's forum as active and popular as gamefaqs' so then there's a more accurate representation of the amount of discussion by fans for certain series.

Persiangato
18th Jul 2012, 00:02
There are a lot of specific websites and boards for Square Enix games that do well for themselves. Aside from XSEED's boards or any smaller publisher/developer, there really isn't much going for them. This place is fairly new at that.

Who knows? In the future, maybe we'll have more activity. If not, hey, better chances in contests for us! And hopefully fewer posts like these. (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139251/29161921/Please_Stop_Production_of_This_Game.)

Ice
18th Jul 2012, 19:15
Give it time. If the boards get really active, we might even have people from Square Japan paying attention to them.

member_10628951
18th Jul 2012, 19:20
Give it time. If the boards get really active, we might even have people from Square Japan paying attention to them.

You think so? *looks up with a innocent twinkle in eyes*

member_10078668
20th Jul 2012, 03:12

Maybe we can increase our chances by learning Japanese?

????????

member_10248324
20th Jul 2012, 13:00

????????

thats why google is the best :D

member_10078668
20th Jul 2012, 15:18

Hey now, I took a quarter of basic Japanese in college to learn that. Give some of us some credit. /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-undecided.gif

member_10248324
20th Jul 2012, 16:04

Hey now, I took a quarter of basic Japanese in college to learn that. Give some of us some credit.

ok just alittle credit :D

member_10074094
21st Jul 2012, 12:15

sounds like too much work

ZachiroEnigma0
21st Jul 2012, 12:31

sounds like too much work

someone find Nomura's real twitter(YES HE REALLY AHS ONE! SE made him get one and sometimes post stuff on it so he doesnt get so harrassed at interviews), find his latest post and translate it through some website please...

lol kidding but its a desperate at humor cuz im running out of ideas on how to get SE to respond...or give us something! x.x....heck i'll take free cookies with versus 13 info on it idont care anymroe how we get it! hell they can do it secretively by sending an email to all the registered SE users on here saying that its not true or something....

member_10077577
22nd Jul 2012, 08:23
someone find Nomura's real twitter(YES HE REALLY AHS ONE! SE made him get one and sometimes post stuff on it so he doesnt get so harrassed at interviews), find his latest post and translate it through some website please...

lol kidding but its a desperate at humor cuz im running out of ideas on how to get SE to respond...or give us something! x.x....heck i'll take free cookies with versus 13 info on it idont care anymroe how we get it! hell they can do it secretively by sending an email to all the registered SE users on here saying that its not true or something....

Or we could just search for his email, translate our messages, and bomb his inbox. But, I don't know if he would even reply. XD

ZachiroEnigma0
22nd Jul 2012, 08:28

Or we could just search for his email, translate our messages, and bomb his inbox. XD

okay...everyone look for his email...or SE's email..something!!!!! GO GO GO!!

member_10077577
22nd Jul 2012, 08:34
I searched and I found nomura@hotmail.com (mailto:nomura@hotmail.com), but I'm figuring that an automated message would show. I also have this: tntesuyanomura.yahoo.jp (http://forums.khinsider.com/thtesuyanomura.yahoo.jp). Unfortunately, I do not know if that is reliable. Doesn't hurt to try.

ZachiroEnigma0
22nd Jul 2012, 08:50
I searched and I found nomura@hotmail.com (mailto:nomura@hotmail.com), but I'm figuring that an automated message would show. I also have this: tntesuyanomura.yahoo.jp (http://forums.khinsider.com/thtesuyanomura.yahoo.jp). Unfortunately, I do not know if that is reliable. Doesn't hurt to try.

okay...half do one half do the other...i'l l hit up both.....
hey hows this for a polite angry letter?

Dear Tetsuya Nomura, i have recently heard that my would-be favorite game Final Fantasy Versus XIII has been canceled. is this true? if not please make a response of something as soon as possible bcause i am becoming very scared that it might be true and i t if is i will feel very hurt that my favorite gaming company Square Enix would do such a horrible thing. this will be the biggest game betrayel i have ever felt and the first and worst time Square Enix has ever betrayed me and millions of fans. i am hoping this isnt true and just arumor because ibelieve that you wouldnt do such a thing, i believe that you knwo what the fans want and you intend to give it to us. i believe you know we want Final Fantasy Versus XIII and we DONT want it canceled. if you look at the Square Enix forums on your website you will see that it has been very active for 2 and a half days now on this topic, please ease our worries by telling is that it is not true. but if it is we want a very valid explanation of why you would do such a selfish and hurtful thing. but since i know it isnt true just tell us it isnt them.

ZachiroEnigma0
22nd Jul 2012, 09:07

nomura@hotmail.com (mailto:nomura@hotmail.com) doesnt work, dont bother using it.....-_-..thanks for trying gonjame

Bhalditar
22nd Jul 2012, 09:09
Tetsuya Nomura likely has a private internal email for work.

He posted on the Japanese Kingdom Hearts and The 3rd Birthday twitter to address fans, but didn't imply he had one of his own.

It might also help to know he posted sparingly and a while ago now without any new updates.

ZachiroEnigma0
22nd Jul 2012, 09:46
Tetsuya Nomura likely has a private internal email for work.

He posted on the Japanese Kingdom Hearts and The 3rd Birthday twitter to address fans, but didn't imply he had one of his own.

It might also help to know he posted sparingly and a while ago now without any new updates.

then what are we supposed to do?

as you can tell abou the numerous threads about the Versus XIII cancelation we're VERY frustrated, worried, alitle scared and veeerry confused about SE not saying anythiiing....;~; geez we dont want info on where therye at with the game jsut a "hey how ya doin sorry about not being shut mouth but the game is still gonna come out and theres no way its being cancelled and we will tell you more in september bye bye for now"

thats it! its not telling us any scoops no secrets jsut a ffvxiii is still on is fiiine...whyyy cant htey doo thaaat?

Bhalditar
22nd Jul 2012, 10:02
Well, if Square Enix had to issue a press release for every unsubstantiated rumor that circulated through the web -- there'd be no more surprises about their upcoming games! I like surprises! Well, mostly.

As painful as it seems, I would wait for an official announcement from Square Enix if they choose to respond to the rumors. There are also a few upcoming events in Japan such as the Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Event or Tokyo Game Show 2012 where they may choose to debut or make an announcement.

But until then, "what are we supposed to do"? Best question I've heard since this started!

If I were an employee of Square Enix (which I'm not, I'm just a fan like all of you) reading through these threads to assess the situation, I wouldn't pay much attention to posts that say "Square Enix Japan is dead, gone, won't listen to the fans anymore, not doing what I want, etc." There's nothing constructive that can be born from that, and from my experience -- fans have been saying that for years and years. What can Square Enix do with that information, anyway?

What I would look for are posts that detail what about this game people find special. What are they looking forward to? What do they want to see in it? Things like "I'm looking forward to Versus XIII because I love the huge city/combat looks amazing/Noct is super dreamy!". That information can be processed -- that's stuff Square Enix can actually use to gauge what us North American fans expect from developers and their games.

That goes for negative feedback as well. "I don't like Versus XIII because blankity-blankity-blank." It's productive, useful, and something they can actually use to gauge the pH of the fandom.

Long story short: the best thing to do is to talk about the game without the hyperbole and rhetoric and any distractions such as "Square Enix doesn't give me what they want, but I won't tell them what I want, so they're dead to me".

ZachiroEnigma0
22nd Jul 2012, 10:07
Well, if Square Enix had to issue a press release for every unsubstantiated rumor that circulated through the web -- there'd be no more surprises about their upcoming games! I like surprises! Well, mostly.

As painful as it seems, I would wait for an official announcement from Square Enix if they choose to respond to the rumors. There are also a few upcoming events in Japan such as the Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Event or Tokyo Game Show 2012 where they may choose to debut or make an announcement.

But until then, "what are we supposed to do"? Best question I've heard since this started!

If I were an employee of Square Enix (which I'm not, I'm just a fan like all of you) reading through these threads to assess the situation, I wouldn't pay much attention to posts that say "Square Enix Japan is dead, gone, won't listen to the fans anymore, not doing what I want, etc." There's nothing constructive that can be born from that, and from my experience -- fans have been saying that for years and years. What can Square Enix do with that information, anyway?

What I would look for are posts that detail what about this game people find special. What are they looking forward to? What do they want to see in it? Things like "I'm looking forward to Versus XIII because I love the huge city/combat looks amazing/Noct is super dreamy!". That information can be processed -- that's stuff Square Enix can actually use to gauge what us North American fans expect from developers and their games.

That goes for negative feedback as well. "I don't like Versus XIII because blankity-blankity-blank." It's productive, useful, and something they can actually use to gauge the pH of the fandom.

Long story short: the best thing to do is to talk about the game without the hyperbole and rhetoric and any distractions such as "Square Enix doesn't give me what they want, but I won't tell them what I want, so they're dead to me".

thats what we were doing and then this happened ;~; its like we were having a hapy picnik (we were talking about what we wanan see i nverssu xiii and how awesome it looks and stuff) and then we got attacked by bees! (the rumor that ir got canceled)

thats really unsettling you know...

Bhalditar
22nd Jul 2012, 10:15
thats what we were doing and then this happened ;~; its like we were having a hapy picnik (we were talking about what we wanan see i nverssu xiii and how awesome it looks and stuff) and then we got attacked by bees! (the rumor that ir got canceled)

Lots of rumors are unsettling, but keep in mind that most of them are intentionally designed to be that way to serve some purpose.

What's to say that if Square Enix addresses this rumor, that somewhere down the line someone else designs a similar rumor to wean information out of the company? It's not good business sometimes to acknowledge every rumor passing by, especially if you're waiting to bust open the doors on the game. I say that not having any information about their plans, of course.

I'm looking forward to Final Fantasy Versus XIII just as much as anyone here -- but for now, let's be vigilant and rational fans and treat rumor as rumor!

member_10829610
22nd Jul 2012, 10:23
@Earth I agree with most of your statement. Constructive criticism should count as well imo.

ZachiroEnigma0
22nd Jul 2012, 10:24

Lots of rumors are unsettling, but keep in mind that most of them are intentionally designed to be that way to serve some purpose.

What's to say that if Square Enix addresses this rumor, that somewhere down the line someone else designs a similar rumor to wean information out of the company? It's not good business sometimes to acknowledge every rumor passing by, especially if you're waiting to bust open the doors on the game. I say that not having any information about their plans, of course.

I'm looking forward to Final Fantasy Versus XIII just as much as anyone here -- but for now, let's be vigilant and rational fans and treat rumor as rumor!

im taking your advice

i posted athread called taking earths advice and i want you to read it and tell me what you think please ^^

im being 100% honest too =D and is there a way to block people wh otry to be downers??? cuz i made it so people can go back to saying what they want from versus and remind them how fun ti was to talk about it ^^

stealth
22nd Jul 2012, 15:15
i wish square took advice

Shmexy-Sora
22nd Jul 2012, 16:45
Honestly...(lord forgive me)...I could give two sh-ts less about what happpens with Final Fantasy (don't get me wrong I love the series but) I've always liked Kingdom Hearts more...not sure...I guess becuase the fighting isn't turn based or stamina or time bared. I've always be more for the whole "haul ass across the field tearing new ****s into anything that dares to bar my way." Now if Final Fantasy had been made (or re-made) that way then my heart would change completely.

Now before I get my nads chewed off; Yes i am aware that game tech. was advanced enough to make such games. It doesn't to be extreme paced fighting like Kingdom Hearts... I would have settled for a fighting system that envolved consistant button pressing.

member_10829610
22nd Jul 2012, 18:24
^Nothing wrong with that. Just shows that you like action games more than traditional RPGs.

iambasho777
22nd Jul 2012, 21:43
Just a suggestion I thought up recently, but would there be a way to easily implement a view posting history link from our profile pages? I have a tendency to lose track of conversations I'm having once they drop off of the recently made topics list because I forget where the topics I was posting in were.

Shmexy-Sora
23rd Jul 2012, 00:28
Why can't Square Enix be like Nintendo and atcually give a damn about what the fans have to say?

member_10822883
23rd Jul 2012, 01:04
Did you not read Earth's posts at all? There's nothing constructive or helpful about vague and contentless statements.

Shmexy-Sora
23rd Jul 2012, 01:14
Did you not read Earth's posts at all? There's nothing constructive or helpful about vague and contentless statements.

I'm not trying to be constructive or helpful. I was simply saying what was on my mind at the time. Is there a problem with that?

member_10822883
23rd Jul 2012, 12:46
Seeing as it doesn't contribute to the discussion, it comes across as obnoxious and redundant. If that's what's on your mind, great, but if it's outright superfluous I don't see much value in posting it. Kind of how I similarly find cleverly (or not) disguised "bumps," arbitrary replies (e.g. "^ THIS," usw), and non-constructive complaining to be a pain to read through.

ETA: This is especially relevant when your post outright contradicts the point others have made just prior, that Square does care about their fanbase and consumers.

member_10000903
28th Jul 2012, 07:29
I don't really think you can hold it against the administrators of this forum for something as arbitrary as that. They give the same amount of attention to each section of the forum. It just so happens that there is clearly a much bigger user base on games like Final Fantasy VII and Kingdom Hearts, and like any message board, the popularity of each section is determined by its users - not by the staff members themselves. It's up to us to make these boards as popular as the GameFAQs boards, as you have. I am sure they would love for their forums to have as much attention as GameFAQs boards does (save for the negative aura around it that they are infamous for). Let's just work hard to make the Chrono section rival the rest, and perhaps by telling your friends to come here, that may be a great start!

Grimoire
25th Aug 2012, 04:07
A Report/Mark Thread ---> Move Thread to X (list) Forum choice/button would truly be neat addition.

Popcicle
29th Aug 2012, 12:35
In regards to the recent FINAL FANTASY VII PC release, we've created a Tech Support Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139347/236247/final_fantasy_vii_pc_technical_issues_and_support_forum) to help players with any issues they might have with downloading, installing or playing the game.

iambasho777
4th Sep 2012, 14:40
Along with what Grim said, a way to mark a topic for redundancy would be nice. I just got cussed out a day or so ago for saying this to another user: "First, there's already a thread for that here. Please use the search function before creating a duplicate thread."

Also, improvements to the mobile site would be highly useful. Even if we don't get report post buttons, an edit button or at the very least a delete post button would be wonderful.

Zench-XIII
4th Sep 2012, 14:55
Along with what Grim said, a way to mark a topic for redundancy would be nice. I just got cussed out a day or so ago for saying this to another user: "First, there's already a thread for that here. Please use the search function before creating a duplicate thread."

Also, improvements to the mobile site would be highly useful. Even if we don't get report post buttons, an edit button or at the very least a delete post button would be wonderful.

I saw the thread you mentioned, and some parts (the ones with the insults) were deleted. Not sure if the guy deleted them, or it had to do with the fact that I reported the post.

I share your opinion about the mobile site. Each time I need to fix a post, I must go to the full site, and it's kinda annoying. An edit button would be a great addition to the mobile site.

Popcicle
6th Sep 2012, 11:23
You can mark any thread for redundancy or any other problem by reporting the OP post of that thread.

Popcicle
19th Sep 2012, 13:12
With the release of FINAL FANTASY Dimensions, The World Ends With You: Solo Remix, Guardian Cross, and Demons' Score we've recently added new forums to the site!

Please visit these forums to discuss the above mentioned titles, existing threads on these games will be moved to these forums retroactively.

FINAL FANTASY Dimensions (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/236437/FINAL_FANTASY_Dimensions)
The World Ends With You (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139251/236441/the_world_ends_with_you)
Guardian Cross (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139251/236439/Guardian_Cross)
Demons' Score (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139251/236443/Demons_Score)

hyne--
28th Sep 2012, 14:11
-- "Threads" and "Posts" columns are not centered

.mb_b_c_t_topics, .mb_b_c_t_posts {
text-indent: 0 !important;
}

-- profile links on avatars stretch outside of the image

.miniProfileAvatar a {
display: inline-block;
}

Additionally, html allowed is a very bad idea. You should disable it for security reasons as soon as possible.

member_10628951
3rd Oct 2012, 15:03
I have seen as of late a sharp decline in users on the site and less activeness from mostly active users. What can we or Square Enix do to keep up activeness? Get more members on this site talking about Square Enix games?

iambasho777
3rd Oct 2012, 16:27
I'd be willing to chalk up at least part of the decline to the school year starting; several users (including myself) are college students that just don't have as much time to log on this time of the year.

rikufan25
3rd Oct 2012, 16:32
I know that I'm new and all, but I would say that it's probably because people are just busy.

Grimoire
3rd Oct 2012, 17:52
I don't post unless I have a good reason (or the time) to do so. That will never change.

Also, many active users are currently unable to even log in on the website using their original accounts because of a bug:

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139349... (/go/thread/view/139349/29151441/Same_login,_multiple_accounts)

Xionkairiroxas
3rd Oct 2012, 20:10
I just joined so im learning my way around still.

picamaispi29
3rd Oct 2012, 20:49
I have school and got stuck with a huge English project so I have been pretty busy. Also, there are a lot of topics where everything has been rehashed several times, so I don't have anything to add. I'm still visiting the site and keeping up with all of the discusions, I'm just not posting. Perhaps other users have also run into the problem of having nothing to post. Of course they could also simply be too busy, like Basho suggested.

member_10751449
3rd Oct 2012, 21:55
I think finish everything on the site that hasn't been completed since the update and fix all the bugs. After that, just send out a email to everyone saying the site is now at 100 percent!

vitornavarrete
3rd Oct 2012, 23:24
I may not post as often as the other members but I'm always around reading stuff. But one thing that I would like to see is the finished collection/achiviment sections. I have a lot of games to register but I would like to now how many I need to get the ultimate prize next year.

member_10628951
4th Oct 2012, 00:28
It's just something I have observed. I go to school full time and go to work full time so I know what that's like but I still come on.

I agree there's not much to talk about but I see a lot of other forums that talk about SE on a daily basis very often. I just find it... odd.

Grimoire
4th Oct 2012, 01:53
Actually, the same thing happened with my group -FINAL FANTASY VII EXCAVATION-. At first, it was a very busy place, but after a few months only a handful of people continued to stop by to post in some of the threads (even though the group was supposed to be 1902 members strong). In the end I still posted just as much as I do here, but excluding my posts and updates the group only received about ten new posts a month.

member_10832410
4th Oct 2012, 18:52
I lurk more than I post, but also I feel like there are too many forums and subforums. I really think, for example, that all of the Kingdom Hearts games forums can be squashed together into one big Kingdom Hearts forum.

I also think that the FF forums could be divided into "FF XI and XIV (the online ones)," "Fabula Nova Crystallis," "FF Main Series (pretty much I-XII)," and "FF spin-offs (Crystal Chronicles and Tactics and What not go here?)." That way FF has like 4 forums instead of the 7 or so there are now :p

Faintestidea
4th Oct 2012, 22:09
I'm also new to the site and feeling my way around. Just waiting til xmas so I can finally get my copy of FFXIII-2 (yeah it's a tad late)

member_10085059
6th Oct 2012, 07:00
I stopped posting because of my rewards issues and how upset it was making me to come here and still see no response from Robert Peeler about my issue. Kinda puts a damper on happy game chat. :\

YukiTsubaki
12th Oct 2012, 00:37
Longtime Member but this is the first time I've been on here in 2 weeks. Pre-occupied with home, figures and projects, in that order. Before that, also noticed a drop off in activity, but now that a certian beloved hangout has returned, will make a more concerted effort to stop by here again. ^_^

souporman
12th Oct 2012, 22:35
Hmm... maybe implement some type of trophy system for forum usage/posts.

...Just an idea.

member_10660568
13th Oct 2012, 22:54
I just have a quick suggestion that won't hurt my feelings if it gets ignored:

On the forum homepage's "Recent Topics" (na.square-enix.com/go/forum/viewboard (/go/forum/viewboard)) is there a way to denote which game forum it belongs to?
I would love to be able to see more discussions about particular topics, instead of missing them because of 'spam' from other forums.

To give a few examples, here is what is currently seen on the site:

Topic1: "OMG Why Doesn't This Work? (I'm SO Stupid!)" (click on topic - FFVII PC)
Topic2: "Can Somebody Help Me Figure Out Why I Can't Download?" (click on topic - FFVII PC, again)
Topic3: "It's the Only Game in FF Series that I've Played! It's the Best One Ever!" (click on topic - Quantum Conundrum)
Topic4: "Why Isn't This Released Yet? I'm Going to Boycott Square Enix but Still Post on the Forums!" (click on topic - FFvXIII)
Topic5: "I'm Still Having Trouble Playing. Can Somebody Tell Me How to Hop Off the Train?" (click on topic - FFVII PC Technical Support)
Topic6: "Square Enix Should Release Only Handheld Puzzle Games Because I'm in High School!" (click on Topic - Quantum Conundrum)
Topic7: "Can You Please Tell Me About a Game That I Could Research Myself, But Won't?" (click on topic - FFvXIII)

Okay, so those weren't actual posts, but that's the general impression. I'd just like to be able to filter out posts that instead of clicking to disappointment.

I think labeling each topic appropriately would make fans keep coming back:

Topic1: FFV - If the Job System Makes a Comeback, What Abilities Would You Like to See?
Topic2: FFVII - Why Is Sephiroth Such a Badass?
Topic3: FFXIII-2 - No, the Game Doesn't Suck. Caius is a Heart-Rending Protagonist!
Topic4: FFX - The Best Game for Grind-Haters / Story-Lovers?
Topic5: FF Series - Most Amusing Character?
Topic6: DQ Series - How Many Slimes at Once? Geez!
Topic7: FFXIIILR - Release Date Reported!

I think that showing the relevant topic (before clicking on it!) would make the site much more addictive, and much more alive to feedback. Anyone agree?

vitornavarrete
13th Oct 2012, 23:18
It would also help you avoid spoilers, since it would be easier to avoid threads of games you haven't played yet. So I totally agree.

Also, I really would like to see the points/rewards system complete before the end of the year. I've just started registering my games, but I still don't know how many I need to recieve the ultimate prize. Also, some members never got their prizes and SE Staff didn't reply to them. I'm quite concerned about this situation and if I will be able to recive my prizes next year. I think maybe there is less adm/mithril users in the foruns than the necessary, since I saw some serious issues never being addressed, here or via ticket.

Popcicle
24th Oct 2012, 12:30
I stopped posting because of my rewards issues and how upset it was making me to come here and still see no response from Robert Peeler about my issue. Kinda puts a damper on happy game chat. :\

Unfortunately I haven't been able to conclude looking into your account. I'm sorry for the long delay, but I'm hoping to get back to you soon.

Popcicle
24th Oct 2012, 12:31

...Just an idea.

Actually, we had this idea from the beginning...we're still looking into the best way to implement this and other features.

souporman
24th Oct 2012, 13:28
Awesome!

member_10077577
25th Oct 2012, 11:12
Keep this in mind, guys. The reason why this forum was flooded before was because of the Final Fantasy Versus XIII rumor cancellation that an evidently unreliable source put out. Now, the regular news appear: more mobile games, more waiting, lack of information and etc.

I don't know if anyone posted this already or not.

Popcicle
25th Oct 2012, 18:58
Now, the regular news appear: more mobile games, more waiting, lack of information and etc.

Actually looking at the activity of our site, it seems a large flux of players came to purchase FINAL FANTASY VII for PC, and we still have a pretty steady flow of new members each day.

Guardian Cross, a new mobile title we recently released is one of the highest growth forums on the site.

Lately we've been talking a lot about Sleeping Dogs, which just released in August, and HITMAN: ABSOLUTION which comes out next month. I understand that those aren't titles of interest to some of our core Square Enix fans at the moment, but we hope to change their minds as time marches on.

When titles such as Parasite Eve, Bushido Blade, and FINAL FANTASY Tactics came out, I remember a lot of similar comments about these games being distractions to the titles players really wanted. Today they're considered beloved classics by many core fans.

When information on games such as FINAL FANTASY Versus XIII, Bravely Default Flying Fairy, FINAL FANTASY Type-0 and others becomes available, you know we will post about it--in the meantime there is a lot of information and titles that have been and will be available here on the site so we hope you give them a fair chance. What new franchise or title you try today could be your new favorite tomorrow!

member_10628951
25th Oct 2012, 19:26

...Just an idea.

Actually, we had this idea from the beginning...we're still looking into the best way to implement this and other features.

May I suggest an idea. N4G.com has interesting ways of awarding points to its users. It'll award points for consistantly coming to the site everyday. They'll award points for participating in the forums. They give even more points when you write a blog post and get a lot of people to comment on it. It makes the community come back a lot and makes them very loyal.

Just something I have observed.

member_10628951
25th Oct 2012, 19:40
Now, the regular news appear: more mobile games, more waiting, lack of information and etc.

Actually looking at the activity of our site, it seems a large flux of players came to purchase FINAL FANTASY VII for PC, and we still have a pretty steady flow of new members each day.

Guardian Cross, a new mobile title we recently released is one of the highest growth forums on the site.

Lately we've been talking a lot about Sleeping Dogs, which just released in August, and HITMAN: ABSOLUTION which comes out next month. I understand that those aren't titles of interest to some of our core Square Enix fans at the moment, but we hope to change their minds as time marches on.

When titles such as Parasite Eve, Bushido Blade, and FINAL FANTASY Tactics came out, I remember a lot of similar comments about these games being distractions to the titles players really wanted. Today they're considered beloved classics by many core fans.

When information on games such as FINAL FANTASY Versus XIII, Bravely Default Flying Fairy, FINAL FANTASY Type-0 and others becomes available, you know we will post about it--in the meantime there is a lot of information and titles that have been and will be available here on the site so we hope you give them a fair chance. What new franchise or title you try today could be your new favorite tomorrow!

Actually I am very excited for HITMAN: ABSOLUTION. I have always been a big fan of that series.

I just think (and this is just a theory) the hardcore FINAL FANTASY fanbase just doesn't feel that those games have anything to do with FINAL FANTASY or the 1st Department Team. So they feel it doesnt concern them. I think they feel a little mistreated because of the breakdown of communication between Square Enix Japan and fans here in North America. I know that you guys understand that 6 1/2 years without Versus XIII and Type-0 is a long time but I think some fans think you guys dont think its a long time. They are afraid Square Enix games aren't going to be localized because of the silence on Type-0 and Bravery Default: Flying Fairy's localization process. Fans want to be more involved and more informed when things are going wrong. Its been a year since Type-0 came out in Japan and I think the audiance thinks there is something wrong because Square Enix North America isnt talking about the game. And because of that, fans are worried about the prospect of future titles from Square Enix Japan.

^^^^Again that's just what I think is going on and why fans go on and on about FINAL FANTASY Versus XIII, Bravely Default Flying Fairy and FINAL FANTASY Type-0. Hopefully we can start looking forward to these games after HITMAN: ABSOLUTION and TOMB RAIDER come out.

P.S. EVERYONE should give HITMAN: ABSOLUTION and TOMB RAIDER a try. I played both at E3 and PAX and they are both fantastic games.

member_10328220
25th Oct 2012, 20:05

I never thought of final fantasy tactics and parasite eve as a distraction, i thought of them as fun when they came out. I never really focused on the main games all that much anyways (actually at the time i thought FFVIII was a disaster....)

Popcicle
26th Oct 2012, 14:39
I simply hope that like you said, others give those games a try and while they wait for another title on their wishlist they can enjoy the offerings we do have. There will always be periods where a player will need to wait for a title they're anticipating. Hopefully for every announcement/release we can shorten that window, but in the meantime we still have plenty of offerings to ease the wait.

member_10077577
26th Oct 2012, 19:36
Actually I am very excited for HITMAN: ABSOLUTION. I have always been a big fan of that series.

I just think (and this is just a theory) the hardcore FINAL FANTASY fanbase just doesn't feel that those games have anything to do with FINAL FANTASY or the 1st Department Team. So they feel it doesnt concern them. I think they feel a little mistreated because of the breakdown of communication between Square Enix Japan and fans here in North America. I know that you guys understand that 6 1/2 years without Versus XIII and Type-0 is a long time but I think some fans think you guys dont think its a long time. They are afraid Square Enix games aren't going to be localized because of the silence on Type-0 and Bravery Default: Flying Fairy's localization process. Fans want to be more involved and more informed when things are going wrong. Its been a year since Type-0 came out in Japan and I think the audiance thinks there is something wrong because Square Enix North America isnt talking about the game. And because of that, fans are worried about the prospect of future titles from Square Enix Japan.

^^^^Again that's just what I think is going on and why fans go on and on about FINAL FANTASY Versus XIII, Bravely Default Flying Fairy and FINAL FANTASY Type-0. Hopefully we can start looking forward to these games after HITMAN: ABSOLUTION and TOMB RAIDER come out.

P.S. EVERYONE should give HITMAN: ABSOLUTION and TOMB RAIDER a try. I played both at E3 and PAX and they are both fantastic games.

Of course I'm going to give Hitman: Absolution and Tomb Raider a try. They stand out so much.

I'm just worried that, after the first quarter of 2013, what is Square Enix going to have for us Westerners? Final Fantasy XIII-3? I mean, none of their GREE games haven't come out in the western hemisphere yet (I think there is an Americanized version of GREE, somewhere...), mobile games like Qwirkle and Motley Blocks aren't out yet, there is little progress on Dragon Quest X being localized (probably in the same boat as Final Fantasy Type-0, Gyrozetter, Gunslinger Stratos and Bravely Default: Flying Fairy), and some games we have little to no info on other than Versus XIII (Final Fantasy X HD, Championship Manager: World of Football, Chocobo Racing 3D, The Great Outdoors, and next-gen console games). Some fans are just worried as hell...

member_10628951
28th Oct 2012, 02:49
@CorvoAtano

I understand the angst among the fan base. I have to admit, aside from Lightning Returns, we don't know what's coming after TOMB RAIDER. It's a little worry some. But I have, as dumb at this point as it may be, hope that the silence is the calm before the storm for Type-0 release date and Versus XIII's release date. I am sure by January next year we will know what is coming up. I have a feeling Versus XIII will be shown off with the next showing of Lighting Returns like they did early last year.

I am just hoping that if they are demoing Versus XIII I hope they bring the demo to E3 2013 since I will be there :).

Automaton
31st Oct 2012, 14:55
First, the suggestion. I think it'd be pretty good to have a way to have some link to user private message inboxes a little more visible. It's easy for me (and at least one other) to lose track of them, especially when there's no way to actively know when new messages have been recieved... unless you go and look yourself. It's honestly part of the reason why I stopped with doing those theme mailing requests because I tend to end up overlooking it, not to mention I've been busy with non-SE things. ;P

Now, the question! I've noticed today that my posts seem to be marked with the same color of background as a Mythril User might be, just without the watermark text. Is this a new thing to help keep track of a user's own posts (which means that everyone has this for their own posts only)... or did I somehow get promoted while I wasn't looking?

Cheers (and happy halloween)!

Automaton
31st Oct 2012, 14:59
I think this is my post to say "yes, I'm still around, just being my usual distracted self and you won't be rid of me that easily". :P

Timmei
31st Oct 2012, 17:41
I can answer your question with some certainty! I noticed the last time I posted, the background to my post was also gray, but had no idea why. Now that you've asked this, I'm positive that that is the reasoning behind it, because your post appears without any coloring but all of mine now do! I know for a fact no promotions were held, because I certainly wouldn't like one, haha!

Grimoire
1st Nov 2012, 03:23
"Is this a new thing to help keep track of a user's own posts?"

Yes.

member_10815807
2nd Nov 2012, 22:48
Hi:

Im' kinda new to the site so i'm trying to find my way around here, in my opinion all forums on the net always seems to have this issue, one day you put a thread or a post about a new subject and some people come to it, but then is a matter of how busy or interested people are in your post for them to write anything.

i like to post in threads that i like, i already submitted my opinion in the dissidia forums and one about final fantasy X but i haven't got a reply yet, if anyone like to read my opinions i will be glad, but i'll say that in these case i'ts always the time and the interest of each and everyone.

oh and i like reading different opinions too.

hope you like my message.

hyne--
7th Feb 2013, 14:26
What's up with the new font? Almost everything's uppercased. Doesn't look good, you should change it back.

Moreover, previously mentioned errors haven't been fixed yet.

Grimoire
7th Feb 2013, 14:30
[SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS Customer Service] support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=495&la=1)

daniel.
17th Mar 2013, 13:30
If there were a "General Discussion" forum (where "general discussion", unrelated to the product titles, would be considered "on-topic"), it might foment a more lively (though general) discussion on the forums, which would (likely) result in an increase in discussion about the videogame titles (which the people - seeing the videogame topics more often [as with advertising] - would, naturally, be wont to do).
I'm not certain if that is what you are actually aiming for, or if you are purposefully making it so that people will not frequent the forums (since more people would mean more bandwidth used); notwithstanding, this is merely personal speculation...
Perhaps you did have general discussion forums and found it led to less talk about video games?

destruction7
17th Mar 2013, 15:53
What heck are you talking Daniel?

daniel.
17th Mar 2013, 18:28
What heck are you talking Daniel?

1: It's "What the heck are you saying [not talking] Daniel?"
2: Basically,
i. There is no part of the forum (I've seen) for general or specific non-video game talk - and
ii. It is possible that having such a part of the forum would catalyze more discussion on the forums in general - and
iii. An increase in general discussion could lead to, more specific, videogame discussion

member_10168025
30th Mar 2013, 10:23
Require Registered titles in order to post to forums.

I strongly feel, to keep the Square-Enix forums clean from trash posts, and rage threads from existing Square-Enix should require at least 1 registered title be linked to your SE account in order to post in the SE forums.

This promotes registering your titles, as well as a feeling of actually getting something for registered titles.

I see many people post hate/rage posts, and 99.99% stem from users who have no titles registered.

If this was implemented I feel the forums will be much cleaner and prevent a mass flow of trolls as this site becomes more utilized and popular. (since its still new.)

moooka
30th Mar 2013, 10:51
It may not be a good idea for the following reasons:

- Digital downloads from Steam, PSN, XBLA, etc are not registerable.

- Used games can't be registered unless the register codes hasn't been used.

- Only North American copies can be registered. I had to register my games on another account on the European Square Enix site.

member_10168025
30th Mar 2013, 10:55
It may not be a good idea for the following reasons:

- Digital downloads from Steam, PSN, XBLA, etc are not registerable.

- Used games can't be registered unless the register codes hasn't been used.

- Only North American copies can be registered. I had to register my games on another account on the European Square Enix site.

"- Digital downloads from Steam, PSN, XBLA, etc are not registerable."

No new games are downloadable from these sites/sources.

Currently only new games are registerable being that the site is still new. I am referring to future forum and current forum cleanliness.

"- Used games can't be registered unless the register codes hasn't been used."

Used games are supporting to Gamestop, Best Buy, and in no way support Square-Enix or the games respective owners, so yes, to keep SE forums clean, prevent gamestoppers from stopping in. I highly support it.

"- Only North American copies can be registered. I had to register my games on another account on the European Square Enix site."

NA forums are for NA, JP for JP, and EU for EU, no need to mesh them. SE seperated them for a reason, and I am not trying to question that reason.

Grimoire
30th Mar 2013, 13:01
That would, in my opinion, not be a very good idea. Actually, such a rule would, as has already been mentioned, prohibit users from outside of NA to participate in the forum discussions. You are aware that SE EU currently lacks a forum, right?

Then what about those few who tend to fall for imports, such as the EU Limited Editions? I for one only have two North American editions (Dissidia, Dissidia 012) registered on my account. And I have posted...let's see now...about 2,673 times.

member_10690369
30th Mar 2013, 14:19
OP,

Why would want to discourage people from talking about their latest SE purchases? To your responses to Chrono.

Why should we talk about only new releases? A game is new, to me, when I purchases it, are you saying because I didn't purchase a game day one I'm not eligible to talk about said game? plus, pretty soon all titles will be released digitally from day one, also buying digitally supports the developer more so than buying retail. And what about all of SE's smartphone games are those fans not allowed to discuss their games either?

Which brings me to your second point, you do know that Square Enix allows Gamestop to sell their games (New and Used), in fact they even work with them to sell their games (preorder DLC). If SE really had a problem with used games they wouldn't allow retailers to sell their games used, plus every game that was used was once new first.

Why do you care if buyers of other regions come on this site? We all enjoy the same games, and with so many games with multiplayer components that crosses borders so all of us can enjoy playing games together. Why shouldn't we discuss games together?

What if a person is on the fence on what games to purchase and they want advice from people who owned and played the games?

I say the more the merrier.

new_tradition
30th Mar 2013, 14:29
I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who rage against SE and post on these forums that still buy their games brand new and register them.

Bobguy117
30th Mar 2013, 17:02
Only ****tards think it's cool to exclude people.

member_10168025
30th Mar 2013, 17:57
Yeah you guys are right, its hopeless to try and hold intelligent conversations without meaningless nonsense.

Especially Roxas The Masculine, he hit the nail on the head.

BrandonKlassen
2nd Apr 2013, 18:26
These forums, with the bold capitals used for EVERYTHING, are really hard to read.

I guess the main part that's the hardest to read is the list of threads.

It's all awesome and fancy for the overall site design and branding, but not for forums.

Someone might have very well already created a thread about this... but my eyes can't take much more of these forums, so I only looked on the first page for a similar thread ;)

Asuha
2nd Apr 2013, 18:57
What do you mean by bold capitals? Can you point out a specific example to me?

Persiangato
3rd Apr 2013, 01:19
What do you mean by bold capitals? Can you point out a specific example to me?

Thread titles and that's one thing I'd like to see implemented as well.

For instance, this topic could be written out as "Make these forums easier to read", but it will always be displayed as

"MAKE THESE FORUMS EASIER TO READ".

The bold print for each tab on the website doesn't seem to be much of an issue though. Thread titles all close together in a string of CAPS can be an annoyance though.

destruction7
3rd Apr 2013, 01:37
These forums, with the bold capitals used for EVERYTHING, are really hard to read.

I guess the main part that's the hardest to read is the list of threads.

It's all awesome and fancy for the overall site design and branding, but not for forums.

Someone might have very well already created a thread about this... but my eyes can't take much more of these forums, so I only looked on the first page for a similar thread ;)

Hmmm NO! This way help much more to read and find articles,threads,titles.

Persiangato
3rd Apr 2013, 01:40
"- Digital downloads from Steam, PSN, XBLA, etc are not registerable."

No new games are downloadable from these sites/sources.

Currently only new games are registerable being that the site is still new. I am referring to future forum and current forum cleanliness.

Other people already questioned your other points, so I'll skip those, but would you clarify what you mean by this?

Square Enix's last four big releases, Tomb Raider, Hitman: Absolution, and Deus Ex: HR were all available through Steam on day 1. As for being able to only register new titles, the Square Enix Members program has been up since 2009 so you can register games from back then.

member_10168025
14th Apr 2013, 16:47
I tried to think of a way to help alleviate the rude and pointless posts. Clearly it was vain.

Once they release a new Final Fantasy I wont be in the forums at all. Except maybe to pay my regards to SE for making it a good one.

Just trying fill time in between. I guess I was just in shock at how people act and react in video games forums.

SpaceWolf87
28th May 2013, 12:44
Seriously, every other site has an area where users can talk about their day to day business, things they love to do, games they play(other than SE), and etc. The thread about "What Animes do you Watch" showed us that there really isn't a place to have those discussions.

Grimoire
28th May 2013, 12:51
[Non-Square Enix Threads (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139349/29182047/Non-Square_Enix_Threads)]

I can try to clarify:

The whole board is for discussing Square Enix, our games, products, etc.

There is no location on the board for discussing content not related to Square Enix, our games, products, etc. Please avoid these subjects in the future.

Grimoire
28th May 2013, 12:53
na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139231... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139231/29403619/-JoHoNNYS_HEAVEN)-

SpaceWolf87
28th May 2013, 13:04
Well that's sad y'all had so much trouble with users in the past, but if that is such an issue why do y'll keep that anime thread going? Seems to me it should have beeen locked, or the "Non'Square Enix Thread needs to be highlighted and on the frront page for all to see. New users such as myself aren't aware of y'alls decisions/choices that took place 12 months ago. And what are groups exactly?

Grimoire
28th May 2013, 13:16
As long as the thread [What do you guys think about anime and what have you watched? (/go/thread/view/139231/29270775/What_do_you_guys_think_about_anime_and_what_have_you_watched)] is used for Square Enix-related projects [see the past seven months] there is no reason to lock or delete it.

The website is about to undergo an update.

[MEMBERS REWARDS ANNOUNCEMENT (/squareenixmembers/go/article/view/262403/members_rewards_announcement)]

[What this means is a migration of user information for all of our North American Square Enix Members to the Square Enix Europe&rsquo;s Registration system. This will allow for users from both regions to utilize a single sign-in for Square Enix features and programs. We will follow up with the necessary processes related to this migration in the coming months.

As a result of this unification, when the migration has completed, the Square Enix North American site and the Square Enix European site will be a joint effort, where the style, use and structure will mirror each other and be modeled after the current Square Enix European site design which you can view here (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/home).]

The rules may or may not change during the coming months.

The Group System existed prior to the most recent website overhaul. As far as I know, there are no plans to bring it back. See the Japanese Circle System for reference: member.jp.square-enix.com/circle/ (http://member.jp.square-enix.com/circle/)

SpaceWolf87
28th May 2013, 13:23
Makes sense, appreciate it Gravity.

SirCrush
21st Aug 2013, 07:10
Yeah so maybe I am just used to the beta forums but I like the way it LOOKED a whole lot better than this. This is sort of bland and is not very aesthetically pleasing, plus the text is too big in my opinion.

Also I would like to request that FFXIV have its own section as opposed to being coupled with FFXIII. Don't get me wrong I LOVE FFXIII but I think there can be no doubt that FFIV is going to be a huge game and deserves its own dedicated section, hopefully promoting a SE site specific community.

Yikes I just realize I am in the EU site...hmm...that is all :D

Sharkura
21st Aug 2013, 22:27
This isn't the official threads for that game :P. You're in the wrong place. The actual one is
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forum.php

However it's not up yet until the game is :P

J_B_G_
16th Mar 2014, 21:44
Title pretty much sums it up. I like the colors of the Nosgoth skin over the Square Enix skins bright nothingness but we need a few generic skins for those of us who are not Nosgoth but enjoy having less bright in your face. Please consider this, as an older gamer I often sit in a darkened room just because its easier on the eyes.

bolty32
21st Aug 2014, 23:06
geez!