PDA

View Full Version : Finally some good LOK news!

The Priestess
1st Apr 2003, 07:43
I don't get around to posting much, but I was searching around and figured you folks might be interested in this.

http://www.thelostworlds.net/3in3.HTML

http://www.justplaywiththem.com/news/all0004.htm

I've been dying to play the original ending to SR ever since I first read about it. I can't wait for October!!!!!!!

Sarah
1st Apr 2003, 08:02
OMG!

Of course-if this is some sort of twisted sick April Fools Joke, I will have to hunt the parties responsible down and kill them most foully.

Serul
1st Apr 2003, 08:07
I'm smelling an April fool's joke here...

Those screenshots look photoshopped, and the art style for Legacy of Kain: Vehiculum Furtus Maximo looks very familiar. :D

Omega One
1st Apr 2003, 09:00
You'll forgive me if I don't believe those screenshots either, the Lake of the Dead image is just pictures of the cliffs from SR1 but with the SR2 compas, the one with Ariel is nothing more than Raziel crouching... plus, why does he have the spirit Reaver if he's just about to get it?

Need I say more?

This is a sick attempt at an April fools :p

Duckman Drake
1st Apr 2003, 09:50
Ok, first we had Sonic and Tails in Super Smash Brothers. Then we had the DOAX nude code... someone deserves a full time job at EGM for THIS one!

Umah Bloodomen
1st Apr 2003, 09:56
Originally posted by Serul
I'm smelling an April fool's joke here...

Those screenshots look photoshopped, and the art style for Legacy of Kain: Vehiculum Furtus Maximo looks very familiar. :D

You know, I thought the same thing. :D ;)

Stone Cold
1st Apr 2003, 11:29
If you take a look at the 2nd pic of SR : SE, Raziel in the Turelim clan-area.
You'll see that Raz doesn't fit in with the background. (lightin-schemes etc.)
I say it's fake, all fake.

Ardeth Silvereni
1st Apr 2003, 12:28
Hey, I'm content to admit I was taken in. I guess I'm a bit slow today. That's a well constructed prank.

It's all blinc's fault for being such a reliable source most of the time. Cruel, cruel people! :D :p

Duckman Drake
1st Apr 2003, 13:34
Elaborate. Beautifully elaborate.

Good one, blinc! :)

L_Master562
1st Apr 2003, 13:58
The lava and all didn't look like it really fit either. nice, but it all looked to different in the lighting. Then, I would think the lava would be generating some glow as well.

Sarah
1st Apr 2003, 15:07
Cruel cruel people-getting me all happy like that, just to dash my little dreams on the shards of reality... A beautifully constructed, elaborate setup.
http://www.thelostworlds.net/3in3Images/SR3-3in3-Vampire-01.JPG
That particular image--I'm sure I've seen that background from another game somewhere---but where? That's going to bug me.... It's the only image that just isn't up to the standard of everything else.

Vampmaster
1st Apr 2003, 16:07
Originally posted by Sarah
OMG!

Of course-if this is some sort of twisted sick April Fools Joke, I will have to hunt the parties responsible down and kill them most foully.

Is that a promise? Let's get em, kill kill kill!!!

Anubis_Orr
1st Apr 2003, 16:22
I thought the most obvious fake was this one..... http://www.thelostworlds.net/3in3Images/SR3-3in3-Pillars-01.JPG

Looks like Kain's been decapitated and had his head put on backwards ;) Plus the medallion is on the front, not the back.

Chris@Crystal
1st Apr 2003, 19:00
I can't believe this info leaked out already.
I was told to keep it under wraps, sorry I was not able to post about it earlier. I'm sure there will be more info about this forthcomming. At this time I am not able to give you any more info about these upcomming titles. Stay tuned!
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

Embla
1st Apr 2003, 19:32
I hardly can`t wait, Chris.:D :p

warpsavant
1st Apr 2003, 20:10
You'll forgive me if I don't believe those screenshots either, the Lake of the Dead image is just pictures of the cliffs from SR1 but with the SR2 compas, the one with Ariel is nothing more than Raziel crouching... plus, why does he have the spirit Reaver if he's just about to get it?

Thats not SR1, thats SRSE! And everbody knows the Reaver must be imbued in Sunlight before you kill Ariel. Duh!!

The lava and all didn't look like it really fit either. nice, but it all looked to different in the lighting. Then, I would think the lava would be generating some glow as well.

Lava looks better than the pic you use to parade around. Must be real!

I thought the most obvious fake was this one..... http://www.thelostworlds.net/3in3Im...-Pillars-01.JPG

Looks like Kain's been decapitated and had his head put on backwards Plus the medallion is on the front, not the back.

Obviously, these pics were taken from early builds of the game, and they have not worked out all the bugs yet. No big deal, it'll be fixed before release, im sure.

Vampmaster
1st Apr 2003, 21:38
Originally posted by Chris@Crystal
I can't believe this info leaked out already.
I was told to keep it under wraps, sorry I was not able to post about it earlier. I'm sure there will be more info about this forthcomming. At this time I am not able to give you any more info about these upcomming titles. Stay tuned!
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

:D :confused: You're in on it too?! This isn't funny guys. I know I took a bit longer to figure it out than some, but I wanted it to be true so much that I was deluding myself. Surely someones heard of the 12:00 rule, the joke should be over by now.

warpsavant
1st Apr 2003, 22:08
Originally posted by Vampmaster
:D :confused: I wanted it to be true so much that I was deluding myself.

LOL!! You goin back and forth with Fneh was so funny.

Umah Bloodomen
1st Apr 2003, 22:18
Originally posted by warpsavant
LOL!! You goin back and forth with Fneh was so funny.

Indeed. LOL ;)

blincoln
2nd Apr 2003, 04:53
As many of you have guessed, this entire story was an April Fools joke created by myself, Willow Ayala, and Divine Shadow.

You can read about the joke itself here:

http://www.thelostworlds.net/3in3-Explanation.HTML

and see some behind-the-scenes information here:

http://www.thelostworlds.net/3in3-BTS.HTML

Hopefully everybody got at least a chuckle or two out of it =P.

Umah Bloodomen
2nd Apr 2003, 05:07
I smelled the BS through my monitor last night. :p

Your co-conspirator, willow, commissioned my friend here, (The Priestess) to post this thread here in the LOK CC. ;)

Signs that this was BS from the beginning.

1. Good job going with you posting it first. No one ever would suspect you. However I've pre-navigated willow's site (JPWT) when it was in the planning stages. First thing that tipped me off when I saw that as an address.

2. Willow's art was all over that LOK VFM game. Second thing that tipped me off.

3. No offense but that game sounds like a crock. I can't even say it out loud without laughing, let alone think about it. ;) :p

4. Who the hell issues a press statement between 3 am EST and 12 am PST? No company I know. :p

Sorry I couldn't be "had" like a lot of other people. :p ;)
Even Chris tried to play me today through IMZ. LOL.

I've read the other forums and have had a great time laughing my butt off today. Thanks a lot guys!

The Priestess
2nd Apr 2003, 05:15
Cheers to everyone involved. It looks like I made a convincing "victim" in my initial post. *chuckles* :)

blincoln
2nd Apr 2003, 05:22
Wow, dang, you even had me fooled. Welcome to the Ministry of Propaganda!

willow
2nd Apr 2003, 05:47
Many thanks go to The Priestess and to Umah (for keeping her mouth shut ;)).

I was originally planning on developing a new art style that wouldn't be so easily recognizable as my own but I ran out of time and (due to me working 2 full time jobs) I wound up having to do all the art in a day or two.

I'm surprised that nobody really realized that JPWT was my site... all you had to do was take a peek around any corner and you would have seen my name all over the place. Unfortunately the site is still "under construction" and we haven't done the official unveiling yet, we may have been able to fool many... many more people ;)

warpsavant
2nd Apr 2003, 06:18
I got a great chuckle laughin at people's reactions. im kinda upset Im not gonna get to play as Frank and drive Mr t's van though. :(

Umah Bloodomen
2nd Apr 2003, 06:57
Frank the sexy sluagh. Hahahhahahaha.

No problem, keeping hush hush about it. I got a good laugh in, and I know The Priestess did. ;)

Embla
2nd Apr 2003, 07:03
Originally posted by willow
Many thanks go to The Priestess and to Umah (for keeping her mouth shut ;)).

I was originally planning on developing a new art style that wouldn't be so easily recognizable as my own but I ran out of time and (due to me working 2 full time jobs) I wound up having to do all the art in a day or two.

I'm surprised that nobody really realized that JPWT was my site... all you had to do was take a peek around any corner and you would have seen my name all over the place. Unfortunately the site is still "under construction" and we haven't done the official unveiling yet, we may have been able to fool many... many more people ;)

I knew it was your site, Willow.:)

After seeing the link on The Lost Worlds, I poached around a bit and noticed your name.

Kazumitsu
2nd Apr 2003, 09:15
good work Blincolin You and Devine shadow did a good job on the screenshots but it din't fool my messed up eyes. Even though i spoted it(probably because of my messed up eyes) it was incredable well done.