PDA

View Full Version : Praetorians won't run

Jagrmystr
31st Mar 2003, 21:30
Hi all,
I just bought this game Saturday and installed it last night. The installation seemed to complete successfully. When I double click on the desktop icon, the hourglass appears....then a spinning CD icon... then it disappears.... and NOTHING... desktop... normal operation... so I check ctrl-alt-del and there are no applications running. So I try to start the program by inserting the CD... it auto launches and then .... NOTHING. I am beginning to wonder what is going on. So I try to start it through All programs Eidos... NOTHING..
Has anyone else come up with this? My equipment is listed below. I have the latest drivers for everything.. and DX9.

K72N-L
AMD XP 1700+
Volcano 7+ Heatsink
2-128Mb generic PC2100 (sorry for the no name)
Radeon 9700 Pro (ATI)
Soundblaster Live! X-Gamer
Enlight ATX 420W P4 Power Supply EN-8420934
24x CDRW (Que from C*mp USA)
80Gb Maxtor 7200 rpm ATA 133 HD
2-30Gb Maxtor 7200 rpm ATA 100 HD
Abit Hot Rod Pro 100 RAID controller
Windows XP Home

Jeff

Spaceknight
31st Mar 2003, 21:33
Try updated all of your drivers,
monitor, vid card, sound card, all that good stuff.

Jagrmystr
31st Mar 2003, 21:50
Thanks Spaceknight,
I had already done that. (posted in original thread) But thanks for the reply
Jeff

ANDYMS
1st Apr 2003, 12:11
try cleaning the cdrw drive and the game cd as this looks like the game cannot find the cd also have you updated windows ?

chronoshift
1st Apr 2003, 18:52
I'm assuming you've also tried reinstalling at least twice?

Jagrmystr
1st Apr 2003, 18:52
That is not it... something sinister is afoot... anyway I did get it to run. I had to actually launch it from the folder where the .exe is located. when I doulble clicked on that file directly... the game ran. so.. I will just produce a new shortcut to the desktop. Thanks for the input.

Jeff

Random
2nd Apr 2003, 03:19
Hmm, that's a strange workaround, but if it works we'd better not complain. :D Let us know if that keeps working for you, since it'd be a nice easy fix for others with the same problem.