PDA

View Full Version : Interesting...

Exitium
28th Mar 2003, 02:14
I'm sure AlphaOmega would love this (http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Legomaster/Exhibits/Bricks-West-2002/sun-rideout.jpg)

MunkeeChum
28th Mar 2003, 17:15
I like that.

Must have taken ages though.

Master_Ryan
29th Mar 2003, 02:01
hmmm... Looks like a grey and blue taiidan scout from Homeworld, betcha thats what it is huh?

Exitium
29th Mar 2003, 05:21
Correctomundo! And I knew AlphaOmega would like it because he is a big fan (As am I) of Homeworld. You know, I looked a whole year on a huge LEGO gallery to find this little bugger too. Now if I could just post my own...

Master_Ryan
29th Mar 2003, 05:30
i love homeworld. its a cool game that ranks up there with startopia for my favorites.

MunkeeChum
29th Mar 2003, 11:17
I have homeworld. Bought it on budget a few weeks ago but I havn't installed it.

Should I give it a go?

Hand-E-Food
29th Mar 2003, 11:29
It was my cup of tea. I happen to prefer coffee over tea. I grew tired of the RTS war games after the very disappointing Red Alert and Warcraft II.

I like the Lego. I think I'll go collect my set when I next move house.

Master_Ryan
29th Mar 2003, 22:14
Originally posted by MunkeeChum
I have homeworld. Bought it on budget a few weeks ago but I havn't installed it.

Should I give it a go?

sooo.... you buy games... and DON'T install them?

they arent collectors items ya know...

MunkeeChum
30th Mar 2003, 01:25
Sometimes I go into stores and buy like 5 games on budget and leave them for ages..

L Croft
30th Mar 2003, 07:58
I am also guilty of that MunkeeChum, I have *counts* 11 games I own but haven't installed yet.

JSWY
30th Mar 2003, 11:41
I remember Homeworld, one of my favorite games. Got stuck on Mission 14 (The Bridge of Sighs), too many Ion Frigates. When I finally went back to it, I modded the *.big file and pwned those Taidanni with a single scout, fun :D

What I also liked about Homeworld was the telling of its story, the cut-scenes were very well put together and thats what really kept me going.

Homeworld: Great Game

MunkeeChum
30th Mar 2003, 12:22
Originally posted by L Croft
I have *counts* 11 games I own but haven't installed yet.

Woah. Thats a lot. I only have 1 game i have never installed.

However, I tend to ignore some games for very long periods of time. For example, I bought NOLF2 and have only played it once. In fact I played the demo longer. I really hate the first level.

And for the homeworld fans: Homeworld 2 is coming out soon (hopefully) and I will definately install that :)

MunkeeChum
30th Mar 2003, 12:25
Originally posted by Hand-E-Food
I grew tired of the RTS war games after the very disappointing Warcraft II.

Just noticed this comment. I think Warcraft is amazing! The single player has a great story and the multiplayer has so many different types of game because of the Map Editor.

Why didn't you like it?

Master_Ryan
30th Mar 2003, 17:42
And for the homeworld fans: Homeworld 2 is coming out soon (hopefully) and I will definately install that :)

yeah, I cant wait!

I got the newsletter from relic and everything. but its gonna be forever before the thing comes out :(

L Croft
30th Mar 2003, 18:44
Woah. Thats a lot. I only have 1 game i have never installed.

However, I tend to ignore some games for very long periods of time. For example, I bought NOLF2 and have only played it once. In fact I played the demo longer. I really hate the first level.

The trouble with me is that I think ooo that game looks good and I go out and buy it and then sort of forget about it, and once I install a game I don't play any other games untill I have finished that one.

Hand-E-Food
31st Mar 2003, 03:14
Originally posted by L Croft
I am also guilty of that MunkeeChum, I have *counts* 11 games I own but haven't installed yet.
Thankfully my only game like that was MechWarrior 3: Pirate's Moon. I think i've finally had enough MechWarrior. There's many more I've just grown bored of two weeks after buying them.

For example, I bought NOLF2 and have only played it once. In fact I played the demo longer. I really hate the first level.

Yes. Level 1 becomes very irritating. But once you've done that, it's behind you and you can enjoy the game again.

Just noticed this comment. I think Warcraft is amazing! The single player has a great story and the multiplayer has so many different types of game because of the Map Editor.

Why didn't you like it?
It was overly balanced. There was no difference between the two sides, in story or gameplay. The story was too game related (dodgy reasons for new technology). And the limited resources irritated me. The last RTS I enjoyed was TA:Kingdoms. I wouldn't mind getting WarCraft III though. I liked the story in StarCraft, and from what I understand, WarCraft III has similar depth.

Sunrise
4th Apr 2003, 19:58
Damn my Graphically Challenged computer. It can only just about Startopia without overheating. I dread to think what would happen if i tried to play stuff like Mechwarrior 3.

Hand-E-Food
4th Apr 2003, 22:12
"Warning! Heat critical! Shutdown in progress."

Master_Ryan
5th Apr 2003, 05:04
Originally posted by Sunrise
Damn my Graphically Challenged computer. It can only just about Startopia without overheating. I dread to think what would happen if i tried to play stuff like Mechwarrior 3.

Heh, i melted(Well i played it so much it got really hot and it was kinda like rubber) my first startopia CD, but it was due to overplaying. not some bad computer.

Sunrise
5th Apr 2003, 05:42
yeah that happened to a sims CD-rom. Not that it was an accident. Now wheres the other one. ah here it is <walks off towards a cooker>

Hand-E-Food
6th Apr 2003, 22:38
CDs make pretty patterns if you put them in the microwave for 5 seconds.

Arraxis
7th Apr 2003, 06:12
Well, since you all like homeworld (same as me), I think I'll tell of a game that goes along similar premises. It is called Haegemonia (Hegemonia to those in the US), and it's graphics are amazing. It is set in the 22nd century, and a war has broken out between the Earth and the colonies. Of couse, this isn't the main story (It's over in about 5 missions), but it's set up like a tutorial so you won't mind. Anyway, the ships are built in squads of 7 (fighters), 4 (corvettes), 2 (cruisers) and 1 (battleships). All your units can gain experience, and sometimes heroes will join your cause. You can get spies to steal enemy prototypes, and you can blockade their planets like in The Phantom Menace (seriously). Those who have played Imperium Galactica will recognise the gameplay, but the battles are done on the main map instead of a battle map. Warcraft III Veterens will be familiar with the experience system, and it is and RTS done in complete 3D like in Homeworld.

MunkeeChum
7th Apr 2003, 16:07
Played the demo, the camera control put me off ass soon as i started.

In the demo I had to stop some ships getting to an area but i couldn't attack them or anything. Pissed me right off and i deleted it. Mayeb if they released a playable demo I could form a proper opinion. :rolleyes:

Exitium
7th Apr 2003, 20:26
I agree. The game looked great, but there were far to many cons to make it par with Homeworld. The camera was okay for me (With my trusty ball mouse of course), but what really got me upset was the research and the lack of things to build. Not to mention the lack of scale in the ships. The planets I could see, but the ships would have fighters as big as their corvette counter-parts. And I would've loved to see bigger ships with more detail, depth, and more originality. The fighter design was too much like the AAT from Star Wars Episode One, and many of the other ships were too much of a remiscent from the Imperium Galactica II ships. But what cut the cake was how the ships battled. The grouping thing was okay, but fighters would actually run into fleeing cargo ships on the first mission, and they were so undynamic. No classic anime style battles with legions of ships attacking eachother.

But don't get me wrong though, the graphics were stunning. Even on my aging nVidia Geforce II!

Hand-E-Food
7th Apr 2003, 22:44
Ran the demo. It crashed my computer.

AlphaOmega
8th Apr 2003, 03:35
Homeworld: Best... Game... Ever... Period... :D

Arctic_Wolf
8th Apr 2003, 19:11
STARTOPIA: BEST...GAME...EVER...SO...THERE...PERIOD.

Hand-E-Food
8th Apr 2003, 22:25
Yeah, uh... I agree with that guy, who said that thing about Star-whats-it being cool. I think it's cool too. Yeah.

Mmmmm... Enthusiasm...

Arctic_Wolf
8th Apr 2003, 22:42
Mine is knack for the making of enthusianism come out of the peoples.

All Your Bad Grammer Are Belong To My Spam :D

MunkeeChum
9th Apr 2003, 06:44
[])47 833 []4 |24z|\/|474z [])00[])

Arraxis
9th Apr 2003, 07:53
The reason about the similarities between Imperium Galactica is because it's done by the same people. About the bugs, I just got the patch and didn't see any problems (I.E. no fighters colliding with vessels), but I wouldn't know of it because I got the patch before I played. The camera is strange, yes, but I try to look ignore the problematic camera (I've actually gotten used to it). As for the similarities between Star Wars, such as the military base looking a bit like a Trade Federation battleship (I mentioned this before), just get the Star Wars mod for a complete conversion :D . But seriously, I don't mind the problems.

The reason you couldn't attack the ships is because they are civilian vessels, and you have to Ctrl+right click to attack them.

Sorry people didn't like it more, but I maintain that there is a good game underneath what you see.

Just 1 more thing: HOMEWORLD AND STARTOPIA ARE GREAT GAMES!

Master_Ryan
9th Apr 2003, 22:26
[B]...control put me off ass soon... [B]

bad munkee, posting subliminal swearing :p

MunkeeChum
9th Apr 2003, 23:03
:D

However, on a complettely unrelated note ( hee hee ): has any one here seen Donnie Darko? And i can say that is the best film in the world. Its bloody fantasic.

Hand-E-Food
10th Apr 2003, 00:53
<purrrrrrr>

(That's me agreeing.)

Master_Ryan
13th Apr 2003, 19:44
i saw *some* of it, I don't really like movies like that though...

Now star wars on the other hand......

411 Y0|_|R /\/\0\/!3 4R3 |33l0/\/6 70 574R\/\/4R5!

Hand-E-Food
13th Apr 2003, 22:34
I think you mean 630R63 |_(_)C45 rather than 574R\/\/4R5.

MunkeeChum
14th Apr 2003, 00:15
Lesson in l337 No 1:

I dont think a '6' is a 'G'. A '9' would be more suitable.

Hand-E-Food
14th Apr 2003, 01:51
6 = G
9 = g

Exitium
14th Apr 2003, 01:57
I fail to translate your silly alien languages.

Hand-E-Food
14th Apr 2003, 02:42
Would it be wrong to post a translation guide of L337 5P33K?

Sunrise
14th Apr 2003, 05:21
No please do. Trying to translate all this without a guide is giiving me a headache.

Hand-E-Food
14th Apr 2003, 06:12
Elite speak, for the most part, replaces characters with similar substitutes. Try writing them on paper for better effect.

A = 4
B = 8 or 13
D = |]
E = 3
G = 6 or 9
H = |-|
I = | or ! or 1
J = _|
K = |<
L = |_
M = |\/|
N = |\|
O = 0
R = 12 or ?
S = 5
T = + or 7
U = |_|
V = \/
W = \/\/
Y = '/
Z = 2

And you can take it further.

Sunrise
14th Apr 2003, 08:50
*5|g|-|*

Hand-E-Food
14th Apr 2003, 22:20
iiipea|su! s!y| y|!m noh asn-{uo) ue) am mou |n8

MunkeeChum
15th Apr 2003, 01:15
You sad, sad induvidual....

However the fact that i can fully understand what you said indicates something about my self as well :)

Few questions though, how did you form the 'T's and the 'F's?

Hand-E-Food
15th Apr 2003, 02:04
Dum de dum de dum...

I think we're all bordering on sad here.

MunkeeChum
15th Apr 2003, 13:34
Yes, I sense that too.

We worship a dead game, believe in false messiahs and cant come up with constructive conversation.

I'm going to cry in a corner.....

Arctic_Wolf
15th Apr 2003, 14:03
|

Sunrise
15th Apr 2003, 19:27
<Sunrise joins MunkeeChum in is despair>

Exitium
15th Apr 2003, 22:20
So does this mean I should start a new [b]RPG[b] and dress up as a messiah?

MunkeeChum
16th Apr 2003, 12:15
YOU FORGOT THE SLASH EXITIUM HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Arctic_Wolf
16th Apr 2003, 18:51
http://mysmilies.creativesell.net/contrib/ruinkai/cistinebiggrinA.gif

L Croft
16th Apr 2003, 20:45
We worship a dead game, believe in false messiahs and cant come up with constructive conversation.
well at least you can come up with some conversation.

kool_kats_rule
16th Apr 2003, 21:01
This is conversation? :confused:

L Croft
16th Apr 2003, 21:13
umm good question :p

Arctic_Wolf
16th Apr 2003, 23:10
Just think, if weren't this sad then we never would have any fun. I don't know about you but I'd way rathey be sad and happy than happy and sad...well you know what I mean.

MunkeeChum
17th Apr 2003, 21:41
I know what you mean.

933|< 15 (00|_

And fora totally unrelated reason i though you pople might like to know i watched Donnie Darko again today. I cannot get anough of that film. Tommorow I'm going to watch again. But with cast commentary.Yummy.

Arraxis
17th Apr 2003, 21:48
Originally posted by Arctic_Wolf
I'd way rathey be sad and happy than happy and sad...

I don't know what you said, but whatever it is, I agree completely with it, and will support it with my gun... if I had one...

Arctic_Wolf
17th Apr 2003, 23:11
933|< 15 (00|_

(0|_||_|]|\|'7 461233 |\/|0123

Originaly posted by Arraxis
I don't know what you said, but whatever it is, I agree completely with it, and will support it with my gun... if I had one...

*Hands arraxis 12guage pump-action shot-gun, complete with DOOMII sound efffects*

MunkeeChum
17th Apr 2003, 23:39
Originally posted by Arctic_Wolf
*Hands arraxis 12guage pump-action shot-gun, complete with DOOMII sound efffects*

The one in Doom II had to be reloaded after every shot. I prefer the jack hammer from Max Payne.

For those un educated in Payne - it is an automatic shotgun. Oh yes folks. AUTOMATIC.

It be death in shiny metal container.

Exitium
17th Apr 2003, 23:50
Than my weapon of choice is the Assault Shot-Gun from Deus Ex! Quake in fear as I fire twelve rounds automatically without reloading!

Arraxis
18th Apr 2003, 01:44
Sweet! Thanks for the gun Arctic!

I like the BFG 10K in both Quake and Doom. But who cares, any gun is better than no gun! *Fires into the air as Doom II noises are heard*

Exitium
18th Apr 2003, 01:54
ARGH! The primitive noises of the old DOS games have made me weak. I am, defeated!

MunkeeChum
18th Apr 2003, 05:51
Was there mouse aim in Doom II? Its been a long time.

Master_Ryan
19th Apr 2003, 16:30
if its anything like wolfenstien 3d(not return people, NOT RETURN!)
no mouse

Hand-E-Food
21st Apr 2003, 23:29
Was there mouse aim in Doom II? Its been a long time.
You could play with the mouse, but vertical aiming was automatic.

<drool> Doom II... Did every level on Ultra-Violence with a fresh character. Best Action FPS I've ever played. (Perhaps Alien vs. Preditor was better, but I never played it.) <gets the mop>