PDA

View Full Version : Omnislash Problems

Frioniel
24th Mar 2003, 23:35
Hello all. I am using the FFVII PC version on my new Windows XP computer. Whenever I try to get Cloud to use his limit skill "Omnislash", the game crashes. Any ideas, suggestions, or patches?
Thanks in advance.

TiadaghtonDude
26th Mar 2003, 02:02
Do you have a GeForce based video card? If so, download and install the latest Detenators (http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=winxp-2k_41.09). That seems to fix that issue.

Frioniel
31st Mar 2003, 00:24
Thanks alot. I installed the program, but it still does not help though. I still get the same error after using the limit. If you have any other ideas I will be willing to try them.

Rengar
1st Apr 2003, 19:04
What happens if you push down the Sound Acceleration to Basic?

dxdiag
Sound tab.

Fish12002
12th Apr 2003, 12:50
I am having the same problem with Omnislash crashing the game.
i have tried everything in compatability mode and that didnt change anything. I also tried dxdiag on every sound acceleration mode and it sill dosent work. Any ideas anyone??

well I copied my save file then uninstalled and reinstalled the game but this time when it asks you to install, select EVERYTHING

for some reson it now works. try it

Frioniel
16th Apr 2003, 15:12
Um, I installed it as EVERYTHING and it still crashes. I went to the web site eyesonff.com. They have a FFVII patch that did something that allowed it to work. Now I can finally beat the game... For some reason all background images in the game are set into wierd squares. This isn't that big of a deal, but if anyone could help me with that, I would be happy as well.

Rengar
16th Apr 2003, 19:56
turning off anti-alaising usually solves that.

halo_halox
17th Apr 2003, 15:10
Originally posted by Frioniel
Um, I installed it as EVERYTHING and it still crashes. I went to the web site eyesonff.com. They have a FFVII patch that did something that allowed it to work. Now I can finally beat the game... For some reason all background images in the game are set into wierd squares. This isn't that big of a deal, but if anyone could help me with that, I would be happy as well.

You can use detonator43.45....the ultimate driver for old games like ff7pc:p
Because it enables multisample masking by default, you don't need to adjust anything. Besides, stability under 4xS mode (or above) is improved a lot. (both 41.09 and 42.01 are poor under heavy AA mode) I can use my gf3ti200 to play the game under 8xS without stability problem!

However, maybe you will want to download RIVATUNER first. Use the program to adjust your D3D mode, just enable "multisample masking". And your problem will be solved. Because there are many differences between 41.09 and 43.45, you can use rivatuner to adjust your 41.09 first. If you are satisfied, that is ok.

If you still have the same problem, disable anisotropy and texture enhencing....