PDA

View Full Version : Customer Support for FFXI: Worst support ever!

member_10563863
30th Mar 2013, 03:32
I would like to start off by saying I have been playing Final Fantasy XI off and on since 2003 and with that being said here is what I encountered.

From the time I played the game under the full controle of Play Online I rarely had issues with the game or billing cycle. It was on the date expected and when I had an issue ingame and called for a (GM) they would contact me back. This was all at the time when there was 50 servers and the population on each was constantly over 4 thousand.

I recently returned to the game on the grounds that a friend who was not able to play often enough to even get past 55 at that time returned and was going to be putting more time into the game.
With my return the changes from the POL to the SE support had a staggering negative effect on my experiance.

The first issues I had ingame was with the (GM) support team not wanting to answer my calls every one of them with the same response reffrering me to the support website. Now why in the hell would you go to the support website to handle an issue that could be resolved as it was back in 2003-2008 its pure lazy if you ask me. My gardening that I had in my MH would never let me harvest the plants and I would try several times each day every time it telling me they was ready. I ask for help from the (GM) team they tell me " You need to ask other players for assistance". We do not pay your wages to ask other players to help us with your bug issues that is your job and what you get paid for otherwise the game needs to go F2P. " Off topic, now I know why FFXIV was such a huge failure".

Many many more issues happened inbetween all of this up untill now. I purchased the Ultimate Edition expansion set to add to my old account and it used the code and when asking the support team to help resolve the issue they claimed " We will submit this to the tech team and they will remove the and lock the newly created account and issue you a new code to add the expansion to your old account." I waited for a solid month for a response contacting them every day after the 3rd week to get the same status update "it hasnt been reviewed yet" The friend that brought me back to the game got fed up with waiting on them to resolve the issue so he said " I baught a new copy of the expansion you needed from gamestop here is the code just give me the code they return to you when they send it" I add the account and a few days later I contact support yet again guess what was said.

" We see here that you now have the expansion now on your account and since you resolved the issue yourself we will not be issueing you a new code" Now what is this? Theft by deception. They claimed one thing and done another just to make an extra few bucks off someone. Here is the part that ticked me off and I rarely get ill with anyone at any company as I know most things arent there fault no matter how much it looks to be.

SE claims "You violated the POL agreement by useing a code from an expansion given to you by your friend" I was realy ticked by this point, I had never heard such stupidity in my life. I had stated what are you going to start going and banning the rest of your population for there parents buying the game for them?

This is the tip of it all I recently let my account go inactive for 1 month and no more just to let it build up stones for the abyssea area's and I then returned to the game on April 1st 2013 at around noon. I then played the game till the night the expansion released on the 26th but was not playable till the 27th. I went to gamestop and purchased the new expansion took the key code home downloaded and installed it the my PC went through a 6 hour update and by the 28th I was in the game again when I woke up the next day.

I noticed while I was adding the code my billing date was pushed back to the 30th of April for some odd reason so I added money to my Paypal account the same account I had paid with for the last several months with no issues. This time when I was purchasing the crysta it refused my payment. Now I was thinking to myself what stupid reason would they have to refused my payment.

A friend said if you use paypal to purchase crysta on one account you cant use the same paypal on another account. Well there goes more issues tossed into the works for those wanting to run multiple accounts of the game. So to work around this issue I sent the money to my wifes account and then went back into my account and added the crysta and by the time I added it SE deactivated my account at 2:00 AM CST on April 30th 2013.
They cant have support up and running till 9 PST so why in the hell would you try to charge an account outside the hours of operation? Stupidity strikes once again.

I know I will be getting alot of replies to this post as negative as they come but TBH you will be wasting your time as I will post and forget as long as it is here I can rest assure it will either be removed if they know I speak the truth and this hurts them or someone who works there will pop on under there personal account and make an attempt to flame it up as most forums.

All this being said now I know why so many have left the game and they have had to merge so many servers to create a somewhat decent population on each one is for the reason everyone has been dropping off the game and its all because the support for the game is controled by SE and SE apparently don't want to resolve they want to get rid of you. I lost my account at some point contacted SE about it gave them my POL ID and a guy named Matt was the only person to ever answer the phone and he would tell me every single time "that POL ID does not exist" hell he even hung up on me several times and I had to resort to asking for a supervisor to help. Now get this the supervisor found the POL ID that I had given the guy named "Matt" many many times but the billing information had been changed. Someone had jacked my account but with the way SE works you cant do nothing about that so I contacted POL since they handled it when it happend back years ago. POL pulled the ID right up e-mailed me a form to fill out and get validted and guess what. within 2 weeks my account was returned easy as that with no issues no haggling and no lies like i keep getting time and time again from the SE support team.

member_10168025
30th Mar 2013, 06:13
I find it very interesting people posting on the SE website lashing out at their biggest titles, yet they have absolutely no solid reasoning, nor do they have any registered titles.

If you hate SE and their games, why spend the time to sign up for an account just to rage?

Its a legitimate question.

I on the other hand have had only positive experiences with SE. They have fixed every issue I brought to their support teams, they have a very well developed account system that I have had no problems managing my account with. They have this wonderful site to communitate directly to their fans on specific titles.

Most companies could care less about their fans. To them, they are just a number and a dollar. Square-Enix is a fantastic company IMO.

Much better than Square ever was alone. They even make better games. /cheer.

30th Mar 2013, 06:52
That was a long post. but am not hating him... I think he just wanted to be heard.

Just saying

Goodluck on that. Hope your problem be solved.

staragox
26th Apr 2013, 11:39
I find it very interesting people posting on the SE website lashing out at their biggest titles, yet they have absolutely no solid reasoning, nor do they have any registered titles.

If you hate SE and their games, why spend the time to sign up for an account just to rage?

Its a legitimate question.

I on the other hand have had only positive experiences with SE. They have fixed every issue I brought to their support teams, they have a very well developed account system that I have had no problems managing my account with. They have this wonderful site to communitate directly to their fans on specific titles.

Most companies could care less about their fans. To them, they are just a number and a dollar. Square-Enix is a fantastic company IMO.

Much better than Square ever was alone. They even make better games. /cheer.

Having been on this site for only a few hours and having nothing but frustration, after spending 26 years on the internet and NEVER having this much frustration with any other store website, I know which of the two posts I would believe about Square-Enix. Things are extremely poorly designed here. I can give a list of about a dozen problems I ran into on this website as compared to any other store website I been on, when I only been here for 3 hours. So I find it highly surprising when you would use terms like "wonderful site". Seems like you exagerate things and lie in your support of the company, while the guy who wrote the thread, was just being honest and not trying to exagerate anything. That's why I would believe his post over yours.

You may be curious why I said you lie. You said "no solid reasoning", but the guy was ripped off the cost of an expansion pack, contacted support every single day, etc, etc. If he is telling the truth, which I don't have any reason to doubt at this point and from my little experience of the headaches here, then he has very solid reasoning. So why state lies, and obvious lies at that, to try to make the company sound better? I had to laugh my head off, when I read your post and saw the words wonderful site. Obvious attempts to lie and exagerate things. While the other guy didn't make any obvious attempts to lie or exagerate. So who is telling the truth, I wonder?

Grimoire
26th Apr 2013, 14:44
[MEMBERS REWARDS ANNOUNCEMENT (http://na.square-enix.com/squareenixmembers/go/article/view/262403/members_rewards_announcement)]

[We are currently undergoing unification with the Square Enix North American site and the Square Enix European site.

What this means is a migration of user information for all of our North American Square Enix Members to the Square Enix Europe’s Registration system. This will allow for users from both regions to utilize a single sign-in for Square Enix features and programs. We will follow up with the necessary processes related to this migration in the coming months.

As a result of this unification, when the migration has completed, the Square Enix North American site and the Square Enix European site will be a joint effort, where the style, use and structure will mirror each other and be modeled after the current Square Enix European site design which you can view here (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/home).

Some features from our current Square Enix Members program, such as our Official Forums, will be migrated onto the new platform and expand in scope to include the many titles added to our product lineup over the last few years including DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION, HITMAN: ABSOLUTION, SLEEPING DOGS, TOMB RAIDER and more.]

sanchezjorgep
30th Apr 2013, 04:56
[MEMBERS REWARDS ANNOUNCEMENT (http://na.square-enix.com/squareenixmembers/go/article/view/262403/members_rewards_announcement)]

[We are currently undergoing unification with the Square Enix North American site and the Square Enix European site.

What this means is a migration of user information for all of our North American Square Enix Members to the Square Enix Europe’s Registration system. This will allow for users from both regions to utilize a single sign-in for Square Enix features and programs. We will follow up with the necessary processes related to this migration in the coming months.

As a result of this unification, when the migration has completed, the Square Enix North American site and the Square Enix European site will be a joint effort, where the style, use and structure will mirror each other and be modeled after the current Square Enix European site design which you can view here (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/home).

Some features from our current Square Enix Members program, such as our Official Forums, will be migrated onto the new platform and expand in scope to include the many titles added to our product lineup over the last few years including DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION, HITMAN: ABSOLUTION, SLEEPING DOGS, TOMB RAIDER and more.]

How long will this migration take? I hope this will fix some of the issues with response to posts.

Grimoire
30th Apr 2013, 21:34
Await further details.

razkat
6th Sep 2013, 14:08
Square enix youre bastards! I open a ticket because i forgot
my security question and password and not 48 hours later but 6 days later,
you send me an email saying, " some users often fix issues themselves or by a hot fix" and then say
youre preemptively closing my ticket?!
I forgot my ******* password you useless ****s! You call that customer service?! You are the worst company i have ever seen.
You dont care about your customers. I dont think ive ever seen a reply by your so called devs to any forum posts.
You think im gonna pay for a subscription when i cant protect my account?

PmP-Nanaki
6th Sep 2013, 20:58
I have the same issue. I no longer have access to my email, I know my password, I did not forget my security question, it simply does not work. I literally made my security question today, and within minutes its "wrong"

I created a ticket and was told to wait 2 days, 5 days later "ticket automatically closed"
I waited in "life assistance chat" for 2 hours just for it to say "there are no available agents" TWICE
I have emailed support emails I have found with no responses.

I know there are going to be no responses here, so I'm not too sure what to do now.... Any ideas?

Draylock
7th Sep 2013, 21:35
I just got a new phone and the security token has to be re-set up only today is Saturday and they are NOT OPEN. I can't play till MONDAY and they are closed when I wake up and when I get home from work. Weekends are my only days off. Way to fail at customer support. I'd get better service in a third world country with a stab wound waiting in line for 3 days then customer support from SE.

Shtokiri
8th Sep 2013, 17:25
i also got similar problem.
i can log in to my SE account using my email address. which is cool, but i cant use my ID to log in, whenever i do it says (invalid), also i cant log in to the Account management system using my email address nor ID !
the big problem that i already purchased FF: Realm Reborn and registered it in my SE account, and now i cant play it due to the ID problem.
its been 3 days and i didnt get a respond from the emails i sent to the support!

lightning902
8th Sep 2013, 20:17
I haven't been able to play since launch. They canceled my ticket after a week. Chat support avoided me for the whole week. Yeah. I imagine their support department consist of only two people.

SkiDancer
12th Sep 2013, 05:56
Love your note LOL I knew there were more people out there being driven crazy by the so called Customer Service/Support. I run full time to over time at my company and at home. The last two weeks have been hell on the phone for hours every day for nothing, on the support sites for hours nada.... I thought the busy signal for two days was bad but it just got worse when a machine put me in a loop. :nut: I think after the money came in from this re attempt to save 14 They all left and are on vacation laughing at this mess.

iamgodandyoudie
12th Sep 2013, 18:46
So.... I have been on the phone, waiting to talk to someone about my account being compromised and suspended and if there is anything I can do to get it restored. I am now at 1hr 20min and I have been listening to the same "All attendants are busy..." crap this whole time. I submitted a ticket that cam back with some automated response that I'm sure most of you routinely get that offers NO help at all. And, when I was submitting that ticket, there wasn't even an option for chat support. I had to search around Google just to find a phone number to call. It's like they don't want to actually TALK to people to help them through there issues, just give them false hope through an email support system that is garbage.

2 days... I was only logged out for TWO days... and that was all it took for some ******* Korean to hack my account and screw me over. FML!

iamgodandyoudie
12th Sep 2013, 18:50
Just FYI.... the SE Support phone # is 1-858-790-7529. Probably 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri.

Good luck!

Kuraikoto
12th Jul 2014, 22:30
Square Enix has reaffirmed its worse customer support I've ever delt with status recently. I never had the misfortune of dealing with support until FFXI, despite multiple calls (mostly ending up with inept support staff reading from a list on how to restart a router...) back when I was trying to play FFXI, they never managed to solve anything. I eventually bypassed the issue on my own using a different PC.

Come to FFXIV. After losing on a gamble that FFXIV 1.0 launch would be an enjoyable game, I eventually quit. Due to a security token issue, I never could log in/sub for the end of era or later 1.x game (which I hear was actually pretty fun.) I get into 2.0 beta. I submit a graphics bug using a private link (procedural error) and get a temp suspension. That isn't a big deal... shame they didn't pay attention to the report since that bug was still in at launch. Regardless we move on... FFXIV launches and I play the game until October.

In October, someone uses my account to post on the forums and uses a curse word. I get a temp suspension for hostile/inappropriate language. I don't know what post was deemed hostile at the time but whatever, its the only offense I've had on FFXIV since launch and I certainly don't need to report a bug/glitch/question every week. Foolish me... I eventually see on my profile that there is now a permanent ban on the forums for "despite repeated warnings" "continued to act in violation." What?! The game had been out a few months and my first warning results in that action? I ask whats going on and try to get it reviewed. They eventually say the beta error counts as a warning (regardless that isn't repeated WARNINGS since the plural form of the word means I had at least two warnings.... I suppose in SE's "screw the customer, we already have your money" mentality a permanent ban is a warning despite it not functioning as a deterrent but simply being a punishment.) I call support to try and get this reviewed. First two calls result in "we don't provide that service, nor do we have the contact information for those who do." Ok... you won't get any money from me or friend in that case. I quit.

A new friend wants to play the game on the PS4. I have spare keys and since a friend is playing I use one to try and get support via in-game. Its not like I'm going to subject a friend to this support staff by giving them a key and risking them having some error. I use the key and talk to some GMs. They say I can be helped in-game but only if I log into the affected account. Apparently some review does exist (not). I resub and go through the cycle of GM 1, 2, 3, and 4 being unable to help. After the first two said they cant help, I try phone/chat again. Phone: we don't do that... we can't put you in touch with who does nor do we know how you can get in touch with them. Chat: Same "we don't do this" answer but then closes chat on me (twice) before I can finish typing "In that case, how do I get in touch with the correct support staff?"

I eventually make a ticket in-game and escalate it all the way to Lead GM Enkrateai. Try to explain.. I never had a warning since the game forums existed and simply got a permanent ban. Furthermore, I didn't make the post (I used a friends account to search for posts by my account and do see one with a curse word.) I explain to him that my in-game account didn't (still doesn't really) have anything tradeable of value and I never noticed anything missing. I don't know if they even logged into my character. I know my password was leaked (I used the same e-mail/pw combo for a few game accounts and Blizz/A-net both sent e-mails of suspicious activity and had me reset my PW late last year.) I don't know how it got out and it wasn't an issue for anything except FFXIV forums apparently.

Well Lead GM Enkrateai proves as evasive and useless as the rest of support has been. However, he now says there is an investigation for compromise and if that is done they may be able to help afterwards. He provides a link... it has no such feature and no contact link (it just loops or leads to a page to ask for item rollback... I don't need that.) Eventually, he just gives me a number to call instead.

I call the number. I explain things. The number tells me the investigation has some drawbacks. 1.) You have to keep paying for your account while it occurs. 2.) it can go on for an indeterminate amount of time and may tank months (yes... plural, as in more than one month). 3.) You can't access your account while this is going on. 4.) It may not result in anything being accomplished.

I'm very pissed off at this point. I resubbed because I was told I could be helped in game. I get no help in game. In-game tells me they might be able to help if I get an investigation. I call them and get this info.... what a sham! I ask for the link to the form you have to fill out regardless. I look at it.... It is for an item rollback! They aren't investigating forum access as I need. NO! They want me to rollback my account... to what it would have been in OCTOBER of LAST YEAR! If they had suggested this when it first happened, maybe it would work. The paying for a product you can't use part is still a sham but meh. Now... I have to loose all gear progression, seasonal items (wait 1/2 years and maybe I can get those again!), levels, unlocks, Achievements.... etc or get no assistance.

What a joke. That isn't support... that is doing more harm than someone else accessing my account would do!

I don't know what to do. I could just cut my losses after having paid so much into the game, which when working is nice, or ignore the fact that by paying a dime more into this game is supporting that slap in a face they call support. Either option is absurd and this is non-sense to get in return for a paid service.

P.S. I did unsub for now. It would be hypocritical to pay the company money while pointing out the disservice they call support/policy. I'm guessing I'll just have to avoid purchases connected with the company and warn friends a way.