PDA

View Full Version : Okay, I have a sleeping servant question - and yes, I searched

Caradavin1
19th Mar 2003, 23:27
Okay, I've been battling with this on my own for quite some time and I've had it. I have a servant who is sleeping - I attempted to create my own sleeping servant per a tutorial, but everytime I got to the broadcast customization part, dromed crashed. It still does that. I cannot add it at all! As a result, I had to put the metaproperty sleeping servant on him, then I gave him null vision and hearing, put his mode on Normal, 0,0 (because the mode Asleep doesn't work), and added a Response edit to remove the sleeper meta when he awakened. He used to awaken and stay in bed, so I added the motion tag of scan. STill, nothing. Now he just sleeps, I can't blackjack him, kill him, nothing. I can't awaken him, that's for sure. I told the OBB to turn off on sleep because I couldn't get to him otherwise - well, now I can just walk through him AND the bed. Can anyone help me?

R_Soul
20th Mar 2003, 13:28
Assuming you're still using Dromed for Thief 2, there should be a couple of meta-properties that can put the servant to sleep.

Not sure exactly where, as I don't have Dromed installed at the moment.

Caradavin1
20th Mar 2003, 18:13
It's called Sleeping Servant (the metaprop). But that's all he does is sleep. I can't blackjack him or anything.

Danventry
20th Mar 2003, 23:22
Start over with a new servant without anything added. Then add the Meteprop SleepingServant. You may have accidentally added something that keeps him from getting hit. If that doesn't work, I think there is also one called NewSleeper or something...

Caradavin1
21st Mar 2003, 04:03
I will. I did that already, but it reverted back to....

I am going to delete and redo the bed as well.

:D

Caradavin1
23rd Mar 2003, 12:15
It turns out its a compatibility issue, Gaylesaver is working on a way to fix it for XP. I thought maybe I was losing my marbles...:D