PDA

View Full Version : It has been decided, the StarTopian and TombRaider communities present:

Exitium
17th Mar 2003, 21:14
http://www.staticon.net/hosted_pix/Startopia_TR_RPG.jpg

Yes, it is finally taking solid shape. As soon as the New Borders RPG is finished, this will begin. We expect both communities will present the utmost respect, politeness, and of the like to eachother. Rules for this RPG will be taken directly from the current RPG rules for the StarTopian RPG rules. Any member from both communities can participate, but they will have to decide on who's who.

Story:
It is one day, at the Croft Manor in London, that the famous heroin Lara Croft recieves a mysterious letter from Egypt. An artifact so ancient, and so utterly mysterious has been fabled to be buried in a secret tomb in the Valley of Kings. Our adventurer leaves to discover this artifact, only to find more danger then ever before. Danger, three thousand two hundred years in the future. Can she survive, StarTopia?

Thanks to Staticon for the cool banner!

CatSuit&Ponytail
18th Mar 2003, 13:30
Looks promising. :)

DaveJ
18th Mar 2003, 16:37
Errrm.....what has been decided and by whom exactly?
Come to it, what is a startopia?
:confused:

THE True Lara
18th Mar 2003, 16:54
Glad I'm not the only one wondering that.....

Deekman
18th Mar 2003, 18:55
I remember the last time there was an attempt at a Startopia/Tomb Raider RPG crossover. Wasn't pretty.
As CS&P said, it does sound promising, but it already seems like the
Startopians have already made all the decisions and rules regarding said RPG.

Lara Croft does not give way to dictatorships.

MunkeeChum
18th Mar 2003, 22:12
Originally posted by DEEKMAN
The
Startopians

It was his idea DEEK..... Dont blame the rest of us :p

Aquarius
18th Mar 2003, 22:42
Originally posted by DEEKMAN
I remember the last time there was an attempt at a Startopia/Tomb Raider RPG crossover. Wasn't pretty.
As CS&P said, it does sound promising, but it already seems like the
Startopians have already made all the decisions and rules regarding said RPG.

Lara Croft does not give way to dictatorships.

LMAO Deek! :D :p

Did anyone here in the TR forums know about this prior to the annoucement? Why weren't we included in this decision?

Exitium
18th Mar 2003, 23:00
Nope, except for Staticon that is. This was very, erm, secret. You see, no one but a few select and secret people (Whom I will not mention) planned this. Don't worry though, Lara Croft is a better sharp shooter then most aliens take it for...

Starting Date: March 20, 3203. Erm, I mean March 20, 2003.

If any of the members mis-behaves, they will be ejected. Including us, and we will explain the elusive StarTopian universe soon enough. Most of the things you will encounter are fan-created. And for a head-start, I reccomend you find out who's going to be the Side Kicks, Heros, Villans, and what not.

And the reason for doing this is simple; we want to apologize for our last mistakes involving the terrible SPAM incidince nine months ago. So we are going to show you what the StarTopian community has done since the release of the game. The first one started was over an argument on who's name shall contain the word, "Kermit", and the word, "Frog". And the first official one began as we role-played aliens on a station. Sadly, because of the god-awful marketing of StarTopia, we have lost members. But with this new plan, we may be able to role-play with the whole Eidos community one day.

And if you want a summary on what Role Playing is for us, think highly interactive Fan-Fiction with huge fleets and such. Although we will not attempt to focus on huge fleets this time. Do you accept our challenge? We would be ecstatic if you did. Truely, it would be an honour to interact with another community for once.

DaveJ
19th Mar 2003, 08:44
Sounds a bit elitist to me... whatever a startopia is.

Maybe if you wanted to generate more interest in whatever this is, more notice should have been given to more of us earlier on.
I for one have no idea whats going on, but I do applaud your intent in community building.

CatSuit&Ponytail
19th Mar 2003, 11:18
It sounds like interactive fan fiction, DaveJ. Nothing sinister that I can see, and how dare you call someone else elite? ;) :p

Sounds to me a bit like my thread in TR Legacy, actually. A bit. Which you haven't yet tried your hand at Art-School Boy! ;) :D

CatSuit&Ponytail
19th Mar 2003, 11:21
BTW, we played the Startopia demo and thought it was a hoot. One of the alien's hobbies was "Tomb Raiding", hehehe.

DaveJ
19th Mar 2003, 11:37
So startopia is a game of some sort?

Exitium
19th Mar 2003, 11:52
Strategy, of course! It took some stuff from other games, 2001, and not to mention Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy. But now that you mention it, I feel amazingly depressed all the sudden. Oh, that's all I need, to post this amazingly depressing post...

Just kidding.

L Croft
19th Mar 2003, 12:03
Originally posted by Aquarius
Did anyone here in the TR forums know about this prior to the annoucement? Why weren't we included in this decision?
I have to admit that I knew about it but only because I was in the startopia forums.

Originally posted by CatSuit&Ponytail
BTW, we played the Startopia demo and thought it was a hoot. One of the alien's hobbies was "Tomb Raiding", hehehe.
I have also played the demo but I never noticed that. I have the full game but I haven't got around to playing it yet.

MunkeeChum
19th Mar 2003, 18:01
Originally posted by L Croft
I have the full game but I haven't got around to playing it yet.

WHAT!!!

Faints..

Deekman
19th Mar 2003, 18:21
Originally posted by MunkeeChum
It was his idea DEEK..... Dont blame the rest of us :p

I stand corrected.
[corrected statement][feeble attempt at humor]"...it already seems like a single Startopian has already made all the decisions and rules regarding said RPG." [/feeble attempt at humor][/corrected statement]

I will drop by the Startopia forum and give a look see at the rules when I get
a chance. Even though the last attempt degraded into chaos, the concept
of the RPG crossover was a sound one. It could be a very interesting and fun event if all the parties involved can agree on terms.
But I think the right to design the TR Flag should go to somebody from
the TR forums. I nominate Staticon, as he is still in business and I am semi-retired from flag stitching.

L Croft
19th Mar 2003, 19:10
WHAT!!!

Faints..
fans MunkeeChum, why did you faint dear?

MunkeeChum
19th Mar 2003, 19:51
Thou has sinned!

You have ignored the best space based management sim ever created!!!

L Croft
19th Mar 2003, 20:10
Thou has sinned!

You have ignored the best space based management sim ever created!!!
I was not ignoring it o prophet of the sky-goat. I just do not feel I have enoght time to devote to it at the moment and so not give it the attention it deserves which would be a greater sin.

Exitium
20th Mar 2003, 00:32
You believe in the Sky-Goat!? Blasphemy! Burn the heretic!

...Erm, nevermind that. But on the appropriate date, operations will commence. I look forward to this.

And Staticon did design the flags, silly! I just gave him a few directions and the links to the stuff, but I couldn't design something as great as that with four more arms!

And don't worry, I can take plenty of pictures of what StarTopia is like!

JunoJIm
20th Mar 2003, 04:53
What's RPG - remotely piloted graphics ???

MunkeeChum
20th Mar 2003, 07:26
Role Playing Game

DaveJ
20th Mar 2003, 08:20
Roly-Poly Gyneacologist

suzieq51
20th Mar 2003, 08:54
EEE$ERRRRRH .... Don't talk to me about bloody gynocologists!!!!!

Will somebody pls explain what's going on ... what's all this about? Is it a game ... are we playing??? What's goin' on. We will play on the "appropriate date" ... oh dear, you're getting a bit precious now. Let's be sensible and play nicely children!

whitemetal
20th Mar 2003, 09:15
I'm glad i looked in, you made me laugh Dave:D :D
This wouldn't be a dungeons and dragons type thingy would it?

Deekman
20th Mar 2003, 13:33
Originally posted by Exitium
And Staticon did design the flags, silly!

Once again, I stand red faced!
In that case, let the fray commence.
I still haven't honed up on the rules and regs, but I will finally
have my home internet service back to normal over the next few days,
and will do some of my own recon.....

LARAMANIAC
20th Mar 2003, 23:28
*Looks round expectantly, "Did it start yet or did I miss it?" ;)
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/angel09.gif
http://www.smileydictionary.com/images/smileys_cat/scotland.gif

Lil Lara
21st Mar 2003, 03:53
where is this rpg of sorts?

im so confused. but that's ok.

DaveJ
21st Mar 2003, 09:18
It has also been decided -

I shall be having steak for dinner tonight.

And some peas.

The decision over chips v potatoes has yet to be finalised amicably.

Deekman
21st Mar 2003, 17:41
Recon mission revealed only an indecipherable amalgam of thees and thous.
Too much and too tedious to bother wading through.
Didn't see anything that particularly addressed the TR vs S RPG.
My interest has waned.

DaveJ
21st Mar 2003, 18:06
The chips v potatoes discussion has reached a new low.

One side is denying they have any potatoes, only chips....but they won't say how those chips came into being. An inspection team found deep fat friers but said they "hadn't been used or cleaned in months" and that a proper analysis was "impossible until the trainee arrives....we're not bloody touching them."

An embargo has been placed on one side blocking the importation of potatoes...but illegal black market potatoes were smuggled in through the mesh fence....mesh fence so small that the potatoes could only get through as chips.

At this point a UN spokesperson said "I really don't care...I'm famished....I'll settle for Cadbury's Smash at this stage."

He then wandered off to find some brandy and peppercorn sauce for the steak...a steak which tonight still doesn't know how it will be accompanied.

This is DaveJ, CNN Nebraska in Yorkshire.

LARAMANIAC
21st Mar 2003, 19:30
Having tied herself to the kitchen sink, which I must reiterate is nothing new in this house, LM raises her placard in the defense of all potatoes of the world! WE WILL NOT BE CHIPPED, DAVEJ!!! She sits down readying herself for the ultimate sit-in! She is singing now.............."I'd like to buy the world a coke, and keep it company, blah blah blah!!"

BTW ewwwwwwwwwwwwww smash is yaaaacky!!! ;)
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/angel09.gif

THE True Lara
21st Mar 2003, 21:21
Damn I love this frontier news!
And the reporters in so much peril.
So brave, so very brave in the face of such potato related issues.

BTW; My thoughts and comfy pillows are with you LM in your sit-in. Justice and 'jackets' will prevail. ;)

MunkeeChum
21st Mar 2003, 23:18
Man you tomb raiders are good at going off topic :)

L Croft
22nd Mar 2003, 08:09
aren't we just, I can never keep up.

How is it on the front line Dave?

DaveJ
22nd Mar 2003, 08:35
Things were hotting up earlier as no-one was keeping an eye on the chip pan.

Several thousands potatoes were surrendered to us during the night saying "too much was at steak to continue fighting."

Substitute emergency measures were suggested, but the people here have said that is just as much waffle (they're waffley versatile apparently) and that even though the chips are down, its not quite a case of 'out of the frying pan, into the deep fat frier' just yet.

I spoke to Lt. Chip 'Spuds' Mackenzie who gave me this chilling news: "Is that a bag of Walkers Crisps in yer pocket? BBQ flavour?! Aww man, can I have one, I'm famished?!"

We have now heard that more Kurds are on their whey.

Back to you in the studio, Gloria.

THE True Lara
22nd Mar 2003, 09:04
This just in; -my morning cup of tea is now being slowly drained out of my keyboard...

L Croft
22nd Mar 2003, 09:21
lol you shouldn't drink Tea at the computer bad girl :D