PDA

View Full Version : From an experienced DromEditer: SHOCK-ED: can't hear texture sounds!

TRoosevelt_26
17th Mar 2003, 08:14
I'm working on a big project in ShockEd which required me to strip the gamesys down to nothing and build it anew. Anyway, I am adding in texture families by putting t_fam/_2/2_w46 (where 2_w46 is the name of the texture and _2 the name of its folder), but they won't make sounds.

I have created a new family (in my Textures object hierarchy section) which is called IronTEX and added the arg above to it, making sure that IronTEX has the property Schema>Material Tags>Material Metal. I have loaded gen and convict, put room brushes in the right places, portalized, optimized, rebuilt every database it is possible to rebuild and sacrificed fourteen children to false gods, but nothing happens.

Actually, I opened up the clean-install version of ShockEd which I use to open up System Shock II maps, and I heard sound in official Shock maps, but not in a new map I created with the old Shock gamesys, etc.

So I don't think it's just my gamesys, but also something I'm not doing right.

Any ideas?

PS - Here's a hint as to the nature of the project...
_____
/ | | | |
|_ __| | | /
| |______ ___| |_ /
| | | | /____
| __ |_| | |
_ | | \ ___/| |\ _| /
| | | | | | | _______ /
\| | | | | | | ___ | /
__| | | / \| | | | |
__/ | | | | | |_____\
/ \ | __| |___________
| | \_ /
\___/

<b><small>[edit: quote this message to see the ASCII that vB mangled above]</small></b>

Schwaa2
17th Mar 2003, 18:31
This is a fairly tough one. I did it before for Thief and actually made new sounds to go with a new texture but it was along time ago. That mission still works right but I couldn't implaement the same thing in my new mission so I just overrode the snow family tex.

I believe you are goin going to have to mess around with the Schemas. Sorry I can't be of more help, but like i said, I couldn't duplicate my previous results, even when looking at my previous mission containing them.

I do remember that it was tricky getting the schema set up.

Its the foot schemas for walking sounds, and I think the Misc FX schema for arrows, ect...

TRoosevelt_26
17th Mar 2003, 20:28
urg...schemas... :(

hate 'em.