PDA

View Full Version : This game, while it was cool, had some dissapointing things

Dharkbayne
17th Mar 2003, 06:49
like no MP seige maps, no level editor, no campaign for gauls or egypt, which makes the game look kind of cheap, and a few other things. :( those things lowered my score on a very promising, and while still good, game

Destraex
17th Mar 2003, 08:00
No MP Siege MAPS!!!!!

I was really looking forward to that!! Would have been awesome.

Moderators will it be possible to download siege multiplayer maps??

Telemach
17th Mar 2003, 10:58
Not me, I bought this game cos I have always been into Roman history. And whilst I prefer single play to MP I do agree that they could have included missions for Gauls and Egypt.

Bigfuzz19
18th Mar 2003, 03:05
Very true....i bought the game to play the Romans but even a few Egyptian and Barbarian missions/campaign would have be a definate plus.

Area51
18th Mar 2003, 03:49
Looks like we just need to create our own campaigns, eh?

Dharkbayne
19th Mar 2003, 04:48
yeah, the lack of editors REALLY lowers the replay value, being able to design my own fortress, then seige it , would ROCK!

Athos
19th Mar 2003, 06:05
A map editor would definately be key, it would be the biggest addition to the game until new units and new campaigns.

Replayability through the roof.

Imago
19th Mar 2003, 15:07
Is it possible to save multiplayer matches?

Someone said me it is not possible. Is it true?

Mike_B
19th Mar 2003, 18:06
Originally posted by Imago
Is it possible to save multiplayer matches?

Someone said me it is not possible. Is it true?

You can indeed not save them. But you can choose save sequence. You can't replay the game, but you can view the match again.

Imago
19th Mar 2003, 21:17
Originally posted by @m
You can indeed not save them. But you can choose save sequence. You can't replay the game, but you can view the match again.

So everyone must play until the end of the match! :confused:

No way to interrupt a game and continue it the day after?

Random
20th Mar 2003, 00:09
No, you can't save. Games should only take an hour or so though, so just make sure you have enough time set aside. I would have liked to be able to save single player skirmishes though.

psychoJr
21st Mar 2003, 13:10
I hate the way the troops all bunch up
There is no fun in huge battles.All of you see is lots of soldiers fighting (!) who are glued together.Even some soldiers get inside of the other soldiers' bodies.Thats totally unrealistic and decreases the game's overall score a lot because it is a strategic rts game with no resource management,upgrades and other stuff right?So the battles play a huge role in the gameplay and the game engine in these type of games must be capable of giving a realistic and fun experience. This messed up collision detection makes the battles look crappy and tasteless.

Mike_B
21st Mar 2003, 15:37
Originally posted by psychoJr
I hate the way the troops all bunch up
There is no fun in huge battles.All of you see is lots of soldiers fighting (!) who are glued together.Even some soldiers get inside of the other soldiers' bodies.Thats totally unrealistic and decreases the game's overall score a lot because it is a strategic rts game with no resource management,upgrades and other stuff right?So the battles play a huge role in the gameplay and the game engine in these type of games must be capable of giving a realistic and fun experience. This messed up collision detection makes the battles look crappy and tasteless.

Ok, we get your point, no need to post this in every thread.

RogueImpaler
23rd Mar 2003, 17:40
quote: Even some soldiers get inside of the other soldiers' bodies.

I like it...tend do do it lotsa times...sword first.:D

Athos
23rd Mar 2003, 18:19
I'd like to see, possibly, an immobilizing affect to the Legionaries' Pilum throw.

The Pilum was a heavy wooden base with a long thin metal tip that was designed to bend once it hit the enemy, thus making it difficult to remove from a shield, leg, torso, etc.
So when legionaries throw them at another troop, It'd be nice to immobilizing them like the warriors' stone effect

psychoJr
23rd Mar 2003, 20:43
Originally posted by @m
Ok, we get your point, no need to post this in every thread.

Nonsense

Athos
23rd Mar 2003, 21:11
Haha,
Nice psycho

:[-H§L-]:Ago
26th Mar 2003, 11:01
So everyone must play until the end of the match!

A multyplayer Match is long only 20/25 min...and it is wonderful!!