PDA

View Full Version : FFXI: Installation Issues

member_10012998
27th Mar 2013, 13:20
I tried to submit this to a search ticket but for some reason even that site is giving me an error so I'll post this here in hopes that someone will know what is going on.

Ok, so I bought the FFXI ultimate collection thing with the new expansion pack. I download it, run it, and get the part where it extracts, and I get to 99% complete when I get these errors:

0 Can not open file 'FINALFANTASYXI.Data.001.hdr' as archive

1 Can not open file 'FINALFANTASYXI.Data.001.seg2.hdr' as archive

This is really pissing me off. I tried simpley restarting and doing it again, same result. I tried to disable my firewall and got the same result. I am not sure what else to do.

Oh and I am running Windows 7.

TheSilentSong
6th Apr 2013, 15:17
I'd like to know before I call about this very issue, if someone could possibly throw me a solution or set of things to try over this? (Throat is all froggy thanks to allergies and illness. Ugh.)

Firewall settings seem to have no difference, same with router settings. When downloading the installer, I must add, I repetitively get messages about "Checksum has failed" and that it may be due to DMZ settings, which isn't the case. I do notice that the less that message pops up, the fewer "Can not open" lines is listed. I've also deleted and redownloaded the downloader itself as well, a few times.

(Also, I'm on Win7.)

RogueAssassin1977
24th May 2014, 22:09
I am having the same exact problem. Did you ever figure out what to do? I am also on windows 7. I turned off my AVG, Windows Firewall, and even my firewall in the motorola router. It always says that my dmz is on when, in fact it is off when i check it. Kind of pissing me off too and doesnt help when Square Enix support is not working on the weeked. I even had to call the download place since i hit the cap of 10 downloads.

Georgecamp
12th Sep 2014, 11:45
I am having the same precise issue. Did you ever evaluate what to do? I am additionally on windows 7. It generally says that my dmz is on when, truth be told it is off when i check it. Sort of pissing me off as well and doesnt help when Square Enix backing is not dealing with the weeked. I even needed to call the download place since i hit the top of 10 downloads.

_______Edwordstephen_______