- Barbares
- don't have a #1, I like them all!
- don't have a #1, they all suck bad!

Shamaani
14th Mar 2003, 16:17
no EGYPT or BARBARES fanatics ??? ;)

superdroideka
14th Mar 2003, 16:55
I am a barbarian fanatic (my ancestors are Gauls)
German Cavalry RULEZ!

DTRY
14th Mar 2003, 20:28
At first, I like the Romans for their turtle Legionaire and net-throwing Gladiators. But after I have discovered that Barbarian's Warriors can stun their opponents and German cavalry can charge and hide in forest, I prefer them over the Roman. Also, everyone seems to play the Romans which make the game boring, so now I always use Barbarian.

The only civilization I don't like is the Egyptian. They're like Zerg. (weak, swarm enemies with lots of troops, mass Archer/Hydralisk, mass Soldier/Zergling) And I'm not a Zerg player.

superdroideka
14th Mar 2003, 20:39
:p But the barbarians aren't your ancestors :p

Shamaani
14th Mar 2003, 21:37
superdroideka,

lets take an example .... me.

My mother is finnish (from Finland), so her ancestor are closer to barbarians, ok ?

My father is french (France), so his ancestors are closer to :
-before 52BC Gaul
-after 52 BC, Roman, or Gallo-Roman ;)

ok. I like playing the romans, cause I LOVE this civilization.
Not because of my ancestors ...

by the way, with the example of my family, you can see that finding the "true" ancestor is nearly IMPOSSIBLE ...:D

superdroideka
14th Mar 2003, 21:41
Yes I know.
But Caesar said: "the Belgians are the bravest of all Gauls (but also the least civilised)"
I prefer them because of their powerful units but still, I live were the bravest barbarians lived.

DTRY
15th Mar 2003, 18:02
Originally posted by superdroideka
:p But the barbarians aren't your ancestors :p
Well, there's no Tai people in the game - not even Chinese! Romans, never. Egyptians, nah. So I have no choice but to choose Barbarian. ;)

Athos
21st Mar 2003, 07:27
I use the Romans, but then again I've only been in a few mp matches.
I like the turtle formation and how useful it can be,
and c'mon guys, Praetorians....
I was being assaulted once by two troops of Praetorians. I had 2 legions with backup of stationary archers. So thatd 60 with 30 support versus 32. I wiped out one Praetorian troop and 6 out of the other, but by then I had no troops. (Poor troop management, probably, but then again I would have liked to not been in that situation) Anyways thats some stats right there in the Praetorians favor.

But the Barbarians, true do have some good, Raw power. Definatly good if you are going to be very offensive and mobile in the match.

The Egyptians, though I'm yet to play them, I would think would be great for defense, a few towers of Nubian Archers...with poison? That'd be a good asset for a defense of a town.

So I guess, Romans for all purpose, Germans for Assault, and Egyptians.....well I still have to figure them out.

persepolis
23rd Mar 2003, 11:22
where s persia in the game
im sure they r more important than any other civilization in this time of history(the game)persia was always the biggest romans enemy it was from china to romans empire so imagine how much it was big more more bigger than roman empire.gauls lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll whats gauls where r them.

Athos
23rd Mar 2003, 18:31
Well the Gauls were important enough that Caesar committed to a full campaign against them, so I'd think they were an important enemy...

Persia was a big Empire, but Rome was also a huge empire...