First my system specs:

Asus p4s333 motherboard
P4 1.6a
512ddr ram
Geforce 4 ti4600 (using 30.82 drivers)
Sb audigy
Windows ME (sucks i know)
Dx 8.2

I have the single player demo, i've downloaded it twice now to make sure it wasn't a problem with the file. Everytime i install it then go to play it won't even start the game :( i double click the shortcut and it doesn't even ACT like it's trying to start anything, same games for manually opening the .exe, i get nothing :(

I know that they don't support windows ME, which is what i'm thinking the problem is, how can they totally skip a OS up there :(
i would love to play this game, it reminds me of the Myth series of games , i wish i could get it working, any suggestions?

If anyone else has this setup or close to it what drivers, etc are you using?

Shamaani
14th Mar 2003, 08:32
upgrade to win xp ...

and/or

upgrade your :

-video card drivers
-monitor drivers (!!!)
-directX 9
-AGP port drivers (chipset) with a 4in1 chipset driver pack

Stiler
14th Mar 2003, 08:41
Cept upgrading will cost around 180'ish bucks....

And it would be REALLY dumb to upgrade my bios with VIA 4in1 seeing as how i have a ASUS p4s333 mobo which doesn't use VIA chipsets.

Shamaani
14th Mar 2003, 09:09
ok.

Gatt
14th Mar 2003, 12:10
Change your OS and upgrade your nVidia drivers. Another thing ... be more polite when you reply.

Random
14th Mar 2003, 12:25
You could try downloading the 'MP' demo as well. It has skirmish mode, so you can play against the computer too. This is a newer demo, so your problem might have been fixed.

Here's a link to it. It's only 50MB, so it shouldn't take too long.
http://www.3dgamers.com/dl/games/praetorians/praetorians_multiplayer_demo.exe.html

Shamaani
14th Mar 2003, 12:46
Originally posted by Gatt
Change your OS and upgrade your nVidia drivers. Another thing ... be more polite when you reply.

agree with u Gatt !

bah, I was just trying to help :(
I could also react like that :
IT IS NOT MY PROBLEM, MY GAME WORKS FINE.

:cool:

Stiler
14th Mar 2003, 12:57
how was I "unpolite?"

and i've tried the new nvidia drivers also and it still does it, i'm going to get the MP demo and see if it works or not, take me a bit though since i'm on 56k.

I know windows ME sucks, but it's all i got right now, and really can't see going out and whopping down 180 bucks for a new os right now either.

Gatt
14th Mar 2003, 14:44
Find and install W98SE. It should not be difficult to find an unused copy from one of your friends. W98SE is still great for gaming.

[unpolite mode on]"Hey only DUMBS use WinME!"[/unpolite mode off] ;)