PDA

View Full Version : formations

mr.47
12th Mar 2003, 19:32
when you play as the romans and you move all your units they go into formationsthat are sometimes wider then they are long but when you use the egyptians they go in straight lines which is so annoying. in the full version is there this problem or do all the races have actual formations besides two straight lines?

Telemach
13th Mar 2003, 11:13
When you select the units you want to move, you simply right click to move them, yes?
Well, if you hold down the right mouse button instead of clicking, you'll find that not only can you choose which direction they'll face when they get there, but if you roll the centre mouse button with the right mouse button held down, you can change the width/length of the column.

Hope this helps!

Nobull
13th Mar 2003, 12:48
oh thats pretty cool! i never knew that :)

Thomas
13th Mar 2003, 15:15
Cool!!! I knowed about that about rightklicking so U can change in witch direktion they will stand in, but not that about formations thrue the mous wheel... gonna try that direkt!!!

COOL!!!!

Sentient Cheese
16th Mar 2003, 08:23
Originally posted by Telemach
When you select the units you want to move, you simply right click to move them, yes?
Well, if you hold down the right mouse button instead of clicking, you'll find that not only can you choose which direction they'll face when they get there, but if you roll the centre mouse button with the right mouse button held down, you can change the width/length of the column.

Hope this helps!

For some reason this simply will not work for me. I roll the mouse wheel and nothing happens.

curtlegion
16th Mar 2003, 14:06
As you hold the right mouse you can use the pagup and pagedown key also... Read the manual. Update your mouse driver.....

Sentient Cheese
16th Mar 2003, 17:32
Page Up and Page Down just change my view of the battlefield (closest zoom, diagonal view, directly overhead view), even while holding down the right mouse button, as you said.

Hadn't thought about updating my drivers. Didn't know they actually did that, lol. I'll try it (I have a MS IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0).

Random
17th Mar 2003, 01:10
I have to roll my mouse wheel pretty quickly to get it to work. A single roll won't do anything, but if I really move the wheel fast, it works.

curtlegion
17th Mar 2003, 01:34
Look at page 22 in the manual at the bottom. Curt.