PDA

View Full Version : A time of change at Square Enix

Grimoire
26th Mar 2013, 07:09
A time of change at Square Enix (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/time-change-square-enix)
Ben Bateman: "Square Enix today announces a change in the Company's representative directors. Yoichi Wada will be stepping down as President and Representative Director of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. and Yosuke Matsuda will become the new President and Representative Director, subject to obtaining approval at the next shareholder’s meeting held in June 2013."

Asuha
2nd Apr 2013, 19:17
I guess I will add to this... several members of the Square Enix LA team were let go this week. Best wishes to all of them...

Kanokare
2nd Apr 2013, 22:44
Sucks to see so many let go like that.* I really thought the 3 mil or so sales of Tomb Raider was well received and then we hear it didn't reach the goal of 5 mil?* Maybe expectations were toooo high.* I wish the best to them.

destruction7
2nd Apr 2013, 23:06
Square Enix JP Does this all the time and i see no one complain there.

Why here is always so serious?

3rd Apr 2013, 00:59
And I was planning to work in SE... O_o. I still believe i'll make it someday.

destruction7
3rd Apr 2013, 01:30
Square Enix JP, Love temporary contract jobs That is cheap and also cause alot of problems in various areas but Square ENIX Loves because it work well.

Asuha
3rd Apr 2013, 19:32
Japan and Europe will also be making cuts apparently.

Grimoire
14th Apr 2013, 12:10
April 12, [<s>@</s>SQEX_Members_NA]*twitter.com/SQEX_Members_NA (https://twitter.com/SQEX_Members_NA)

Robert Peeler: "Hello. Today is my last day running the Square Enix NA Twitter. My fellow Members Team will operate things from now on. Let me just say its been a blast building this account the past two years. Thanks everyone for all the fun, memories and follows :)"

bayron
14th Apr 2013, 13:04
Hello everyone, i´m new in this site, but i love the square enix games since 2000. i*hope this change for good, and lets remember that the greats companies have good times and bad times and the important in the end is to see their projects done*and we can enjoy them...

Grimoire
26th Apr 2013, 04:32
[Members Rewards Announcement (/go/thread/view/139233/29885727/Members_Rewards_Announcement)]

[Closure of the Square Enix Manga Store (/go/thread/view/139343/29904861/Closure_of_the_Square_Enix_Manga_Store)]

sanchezjorgep
26th Apr 2013, 12:40
Hopefully this will mean better structure for thier products. The fact is I like what Square Enix does but customer support sometimes was seriously lacking especially in the gaming updates deartment (like mobile). Though I feel for those that lost their jobs and hope they find another one soon!

Grimoire
24th May 2013, 17:03
[Square Enix of North America president leaves]*www.khinsider.com/news/Square-Enix-of-No... (http://www.khinsider.com/news/Square-Enix-of-North-America-president-leaves-3300)

Grimoire
3rd Jun 2013, 10:59
[Square Enix Weekly Recap: 03/06/2013] eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/square-enix-w... (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/square-enix-weekly-recap-03062013)

Ben Bateman: "It's with sadness in my heart that I inform you that this will be the last Square Enix Weekly Recap I'll be writing. I'm leaving Square Enix next week to pursue a new opportunity - still in video games, naturally. I've really enjoyed looking after the community - almost 2 years now - and I leave at a time when there are many exciting changes afoot. There's a lot to be hyped for and, while I might not be here in an official capacity, I will of course be standing by you, eagerly reading the latest developments as a Square Enix fan. You'll be glad to know that we&rsquo;ll still be bringing you the latest news and updates, and that you&rsquo;ll be seeing a new face from next week&hellip; stay tuned. Much love, guys and gals!"

Grimoire
18th Jun 2013, 03:50
[Hi, I'm Lee.]*eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/hi-im-lee (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/hi-im-lee)

[Changes at IO Interactive]*eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/changes-io-in... (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/changes-io-interactive)

Grimoire
21st Jun 2013, 12:12
[Some changes to studio management]*eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/some-changes-... (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/some-changes-studio-management)

[As Square Enix re-aligns its business in the West against a rapidly changing market, we have made some strategic changes to some studio teams. Details below:

Darrell Gallagher will take on the position of Head of Studios, heading up all studios in North America and Europe, previously Gallagher was Studio Head at Crystal Dynamics the team behind this year&rsquo;s Tomb Raider reboot. Whilst he will also retain his role at Crystal for the immediate future, he will work directly with other studios on our ongoing portfolio strategy. *

David Anfossi is moving up to become Studio Head at Eidos-Montréal - formerly Executive Producer on Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Anfossi has 18 years&rsquo; experience in project management. He will lead the studio as it completes its development of Thief as well as oversee two other unannounced projects currently in development at the studio.

At Square Enix Montréal, Patrick Naud will take on a central leadership role as the studio is built into a centre of excellence for game development on smart devices (primarily tablets). The studio will focus immediately on games around the Hitman brand, and in time will also work on games outside of this franchise, using their AAA development experience to set new standards in this space.

And Hannes Seifert has taken on the role of Studio Head full-time at IO Interactive, where they are in pre-production on a new AAA Hitman project.*

Our focus remains firmly set on making great games and delivering unforgettable experiences,' said Phil Rogers, CEO of Square Enix America & Europe. 'Whilst our games will come in different shapes and sizes, we want to deliver them faster and better and we believe these changes will help our studios achieve just that.']

bootyshakin101
24th Jun 2013, 12:13
jeez, you expect alot!

I_Punt_jawas
25th Jun 2013, 11:17
damn

Grimoire
25th Jun 2013, 19:04
[General Forum Guidelines (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139233/29068965/General_Forum_Guidelines)]

[Avoid simple posts that don&rsquo;t add constructive information to the thread, for example: &ldquo;first&rdquo;, &ldquo;.&rdquo; to signify agreement, or even &ldquo;/agree&rdquo;. Consider always adding more information or your personal touch on each response.]

kainalthesar
2nd Jul 2013, 13:55
I have to say that I am impressed with the list of names that are coming onboard Square Enix. It is always sad to see so many familiar names go and they have done much to help propel SE to the level it is today. However I am excited to see just what this new level of talent can bring to the table that will hopefully return SE to the very top of the gaming industry. Good luck to all that have left and the new ones that are coming onboard. I will be watching with eager anticipation.

catoninetails
24th Aug 2013, 03:43
[Some changes to studio management]*eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/some-changes-... (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/some-changes-studio-management)

[As Square Enix re-aligns its business in the West against a rapidly changing market, we have made some strategic changes to some studio teams. Details below:

Darrell Gallagher will take on the position of Head of Studios, heading up all studios in North America and Europe, previously Gallagher was Studio Head at Crystal Dynamics the team behind this year’s Tomb Raider reboot. Whilst he will also retain his role at Crystal for the immediate future, he will work directly with other studios on our ongoing portfolio strategy. *

David Anfossi is moving up to become Studio Head at Eidos-Montréal - formerly Executive Producer on Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Anfossi has 18 years’ experience in project management. He will lead the studio as it completes its development of Thief as well as oversee two other unannounced projects currently in development at the studio.

At Square Enix Montréal, Patrick Naud will take on a central leadership role as the studio is built into a centre of excellence for game development on smart devices (primarily tablets). The studio will focus immediately on games around the Hitman brand, and in time will also work on games outside of this franchise, using their AAA development experience to set new standards in this space.

And Hannes Seifert has taken on the role of Studio Head full-time at IO Interactive, where they are in pre-production on a new AAA Hitman project.*

Our focus remains firmly set on making great games and delivering unforgettable experiences,' said Phil Rogers, CEO of Square Enix America & Europe. 'Whilst our games will come in different shapes and sizes, we want to deliver them faster and better and we believe these changes will help our studios achieve just that.']

that long list and yet they don't hire people who can respond to customer needs with anything more than the 5 form letters SE is notorious for using to answer any support question with.