PDA

View Full Version : Mission 9 HELP!

Alancane
10th Mar 2003, 21:58
Hi,

I am on mission 9 and really really stuck!!!
Its the one with the completed bridge and where the enemy try to cross the four bridge points.
It doesnt matter what I do, I always fail this mission.
I have tried using spearmen from crossing, I have tried using catapults for them to stop building! :-(

Anyone any ideas on how to get pass this one?

PLEASE HELP!

Alan

p.s. - what a fantastic game ! (except this mission! hehe)

WhiteSkull
11th Mar 2003, 03:55
Dont bother covering the bridges :) build 2 towers by your town stick archers in them, put a scout in the woods to the left and one of the hill to the north.

put 2-3 spearmen in front of the town in stationary formation, put 3 legions behind them, on the hill to the north stick another 2 archers as you make them along with 2-3 cav units (not the oens you start with) use the oens you start with you patroll the bridges buying time for you to make more troops defend your town, till you get a msg telling you to attack :)

and your pretty much set from there.

loki
11th Mar 2003, 11:16
yes, this is the good tactic, don't bother trying to prevent them from building the bridges.
I have also used a catapult (put it where the gaul cavalry stands at the begining of the mission) with great effect. Don't forget to build towers, and equites to wipe the enemy archers which will be down in the water below your camp.

loki

Alancane
11th Mar 2003, 22:37
Brilliant!!!

Thanks for that - it worked - what a great mission!
Next one looks quite dificult though - any tips?

Al

loki
11th Mar 2003, 23:43
Originally posted by Alancane
Brilliant!!!

Thanks for that - it worked - what a great mission!
Next one looks quite dificult though - any tips?

Al
I can most surely help, but can you refresh my memory on that one ? I'm at work and I don't have access to the game.

loki

Primus Pilum
13th Mar 2003, 19:47
When i beat the mission i managed to cram all the troops i had built on top of the hill. Backed by a few towers i didn't loose one man during thee defence.:D