PDA

View Full Version : Population cap.

Outcast_Rebel
10th Mar 2003, 17:55
Anyone know the pop cap in the game? seem's like once you have
taken three or four settlements, and start pumping out unit's
after a while, no matter how many villy's you have in a settlement
the unit production stops. Can anyone shed any light on this point.

Shamaani
10th Mar 2003, 19:20
You are right Outcast...

but taking the village has the advantage of "taking it before the ennemi" and this is VERY important.
I lose few games because of that. Too confident after winning the first 2 or 3 big battles. I should have conquered and kept the villages ... grrrr shame on me ;)

Outcast_Rebel
10th Mar 2003, 22:56
Yes I know what you meen Shamaani, ;) I find that holding say
four village's, and then trying to take out most of the enemy's villages, seem's to work ok. It's just a question of trial and error :) till we work out more strat's.

P S thank's for the reply ;)

Shamaani
11th Mar 2003, 05:44
It seems that 3 villages are enough to create a continue flux of army during the first 10-15 min of play.

Mike_B
11th Mar 2003, 06:59
Originally posted by Outcast_Rebel
Anyone know the pop cap in the game? seem's like once you have
taken three or four settlements, and start pumping out unit's
after a while, no matter how many villy's you have in a settlement
the unit production stops. Can anyone shed any light on this point.

It's becaue each campaign has a limit on the number of units you make. It's depend on the number of unit control points (see screenshot)
http://home.pi.be/~turkyen5/ucp.jpg

where the number on the right shows the maximum units you can create during that mission, the left number is the numberthat you have.

DTRY
11th Mar 2003, 12:24
And what about 20/50 ? What does that mean?
I understand the rest, only this one still trouble me.

Shamaani
11th Mar 2003, 12:50
380/500 means 380 soldiers created, 500 is the maximum.

20/50 means 20 units created, 50 maximum.

or you can translate it like this :
you can create 120 soldiers max in 30 units max.

DTRY
11th Mar 2003, 16:50
Thanks. :)

By the way, does Centurion, Physician, Scout and their equivalent count as a unit? Or just regular soldier count?

Outcast_Rebel
11th Mar 2003, 18:24
Originally posted by @m
It's becaue each campaign has a limit on the number of units you make. It's depend on the number of unit control points (see screenshot)
http://home.pi.be/~turkyen5/ucp.jpg

where the number on the right shows the maximum units you can create during that mission, the left number is the numberthat you have.

Hey @m, thank's mate'y for the info, since seeing this post I brought it up on screen. I wonder if there is any way it can be
increased ?:)

Outcast_Rebel
11th Mar 2003, 18:27
Originally posted by Shamaani
It seems that 3 villages are enough to create a continue flux of army during the first 10-15 min of play.

Yes your right, 3 seem's the optimum number for a solid start.;)

Shamaani
11th Mar 2003, 19:14
in fact 4 would be even better, but you can't have enough centurions at the beginning cause unable to upgrade the 4th unit ... so you will have a 4th village with a garrison but no centurion ... :(

3 seems ok.

Outcast_Rebel
11th Mar 2003, 23:15
Originally posted by Shamaani
in fact 4 would be even better, but you can't have enough centurions at the beginning cause unable to upgrade the 4th unit ... so you will have a 4th village with a garrison but no centurion ... :(

3 seems ok.

Yes, it's the same with the celt's, 4 vill's but only 3 produce troop's :(