PDA

View Full Version : Eidos US & UK have thrown down the gauntlet

Spaceknight
10th Mar 2003, 17:33
Attention Game Tools subscribers (http://www.gamespyarcade.com/subscribe)! The QA teams at Eidos US & UK have thrown down the gauntlet -- they're challenging you to a round of their new real-time strategy game, Praetorians, on March 14. Beat them, and you could win an Eidos game pack. Stay tuned for more details!

Mike_B
11th Mar 2003, 12:14
Originally posted by Spaceknight
Attention Game Tools subscribers (http://www.gamespyarcade.com/subscribe)! The QA teams at Eidos US & UK have thrown down the gauntlet -- they're challenging you to a round of their new real-time strategy game, Praetorians, on March 14. Beat them, and you could win an Eidos game pack. Stay tuned for more details!

Cool :cool:

Spaceknight, do you really need to subscribe/install gamespy, or will there also be an ip people can use to join the game?

Please :)

And another question, how can you chat in the game? In skirmish mode sometimes a message of my allies pops-up when they need help, but I don't know how to respond.

/ off to practise

Spaceknight
11th Mar 2003, 17:42
Hey @m,

When your allies ask for you help in mission, there is no need to respond with a reply, you need to move your troops and assist in the battle.

Enter will bring up the chat window and will only send a message to your allies if you have any.

IF you hold down the "SHIFT " key on your keyboard and then press enter, this will allow you to chat to all players in your current game.

1) Yes, you need to be a Game Tools subscriber in order to play. However, if it looks like we’ll have a scarcity of subscribers showing up to play, we’ll open it to all comers. Also, we have the event structured to allow a certain number of non-subscribers to compete against one-another for the chance to play the QA teams in a later round. We’re trying to stay as flexible as possible in order to please as many folks as we can, and adapt to the crowd that shows up.

2) Yes, only gamers with the full version will be able to participate. We can schedule a demo tournament at a later event, if you like.

Spaceknight
11th Mar 2003, 19:15
http://www.gamespyarcade.com/events/praetorians_tourney.shtml

Mike_B
11th Mar 2003, 20:38
Hey @m,

When your allies ask for you help in mission, there is no need to respond with a reply, you need to move your troops and assist in the battle.

Enter will bring up the chat window and will only send a message to your allies if you have any.

IF you hold down the "SHIFT " key on your keyboard and then press enter, this will allow you to chat to all players in your current game.

Thanks

1) Yes, you need to be a Game Tools subscriber in order to play. However, if it looks like we’ll have a scarcity of subscribers showing up to play, we’ll open it to all comers. Also, we have the event structured to allow a certain number of non-subscribers to compete against one-another for the chance to play the QA teams in a later round. We’re trying to stay as flexible as possible in order to please as many folks as we can, and adapt to the crowd that shows up.

Aha, well I'm not going to subscribe, so good that's there's a possibility to play for the non-subscribers.

Can you give the times in GMT? That way I can check or I can play.

2) Yes, only gamers with the full version will be able to participate. We can schedule a demo tournament at a later event, if you like.

Not necessary (for me) I have the full version...

Mike_B
14th Mar 2003, 17:34
Just played against Eidos and I lost hehe, it the best have won. It was really fun playing with them.

@m & _|LDK|_NGC vs Eidos (http://home.pi.be/~turkyen5/@m-vs-Eidos.jpg)

Grey Mouser
14th Mar 2003, 17:50
I'll need to declare my total neutrality on the subject of your match, @m...glad you had fun :cool:

curtlegion
15th Mar 2003, 01:03
Tell us how it was?

Mike_B
15th Mar 2003, 08:49
Well as I said it was, and was good organised. Unfortunately my allie was destroye after a minute, he attacked a village right a way, without having a village himself. I build a village made spearman, archers, legionares, catapults. So I could defend myself, and took another village. Then they attacked me and just went through my army like a knife through butter :eek: They were probably used of playing together, seeing that they both had a huge army, and attacked at the same time.

Hope there will be more of this events.

Originally posted by Grey Mouser
I'll need to declare my total neutrality on the subject of your match, @m...glad you had fun :cool:

Maybe next time we can play? :)

Random
15th Mar 2003, 15:24
Your ally didn't help you much. :D

I guess you didn't have much chance against people who'd been testing the game for a long time, especially when it was 2-on-1.

RogueImpaler
25th Mar 2003, 12:20
Why does it have to be gamespy?
I buy copy out of store and want some action (after having
practiced a bit) only to find out i have to subscribe
to this 3rd party adds salesman gamespy.

OK edited my post was little bit pissed at our gamespy.
Just not into subribing (spend too much cash on dope games:D)

Lets hope one day gamespy makes non subriber(underground)
tournaments (or are there any?)

Mike_B
25th Mar 2003, 17:06
I got the change to play without beeing a subscriber :cool: