PDA

View Full Version : Need help with modding...

Hand-E-Food
10th Mar 2003, 10:41
StarTopia is being annoying. I need to turn off technologies at the start of the mission. For some reason I start with the ability to make Luxury Goods, Image Projectors, and Bio-Pots. I don't wanna! Anyone have any ideas?

Overmind
10th Mar 2003, 12:45
As you know, modding is not my forte, but I think this is because you use script based on Sandbox mode where these things are enabled as default, right? If you take a look at the exterior file pointers you could find out what your problem is. Alternately try setting tech to 0 or -1, that might work.

Good luck!

DMA57361
10th Mar 2003, 17:32
No idea. Sorry. :)

Try what he said. ;)

Exitium
10th Mar 2003, 20:38
I used to know this one, and it isn't that complicated. You'd have to look it up yourself though, as I unistalled StarTopia two months ago to make room for other games. I suggest looking in the current mission files and looking at which technologies they start with. Then, look up the names for the technologies in the file that lists them (In some mssion that doesn't exist folder. It controls all the varibles for costs and such) and list them in the same fashion as the ones in the example mission I suggested. You can also make it so you can buy Memau and Peeps in crates too, you know. Although I have experimented with making them.

Yet...