PDA

View Full Version : De Bont Talks Tomb 2

Dad
10th Mar 2003, 04:36
Jan de Bont, the director of the upcoming Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life, told SCI FI Wire that the sequel film will be bigger, but more realistic. "This is a great story, and more reality-based than the first film, concentrating on both ancient and modern worlds, but not so fantasy-based," de Bont said in an e-mail interview.

Added de Bont (Speed), "It's a darker, sexier story, and it shows Lara's [Angelina Jolie] vulnerability, and is more three dimensional. She's not superhuman. She can be tested. She doesn't always have the answers. All the characters have been more thoroughly developed."

But the film will also feature bigger action, sets and locations, de Bont said. "Visually it's a stunning film," he said. "We have been all over the world to locations you have never seen on film before. Perhaps the most thrilling was in Africa, possibly the actual cradle of civilization, where we filmed in the crater of an active volcano, known as the mountain of God, in Tanzania."

"There is double the action in this movie, but it is very integrated with the story," de Bont added. "Angelina is very physical, and she is very good at action. Other actresses say they did the stunts, but few of them do. Angelina is more accomplished than any other actress." Cradle of Life, which just wrapped production, opens July 25.

This was posted at scifiwire

susan
10th Mar 2003, 15:46
I liked the first TR film, I didn't like Speed...:rolleyes: Why did they have to have him direct...sigh :(

DaveJ
10th Mar 2003, 18:45
'Speed' was hardly intellectual stuff, but it did do what it says on the tin....and 'Twister' was good fun, too.

It could be a good combo.

*crosses fingers and toes*

Cyber_Punk_303
11th Mar 2003, 00:48
I'mma just keep my hopes low so i can be blown away when i realize that it's actually average and NOT mediocre!!! But i'm in the mood for an adventure movie anyways...

They must've learned from their mistakes tho, so it can only get better from here!!!

I liked Speed, it was intense... And Twister was AWESOME!!! Ugh uh... Gotta keep hopes DOWN... Down 303, down...

Aquarius
11th Mar 2003, 05:00
You know, (uh-oh, shameless plug ;)) DKSM and myself are Administrators at this little site http://en.tombraider.be/ where we're researching all sorts of information about Tomb Raider: Cradle of Life, and Angel of Darkness. :p

DK himself has gone so far as to dig out information that came from Eidos financial reports online at Yahoo. :p Now that's dedication. ;) I'm doing my fair share though too! :p

Come on and view it! No strings attached, it's just meant to be informative about what's going on in the Tomb Raider World. (P.S., we have information from a reliable source about the release of the movie in the US. Although, some of the newer stuff won't be up until sometime late tomorrow afternoon)

Okay! I'm done with our promotion! ;)

whitemetal
11th Mar 2003, 07:18
I hear they had to hold AJ back from wanting to do all the stunts but i think she did get her way in a sky diving sequence. Oh and the BillyBob tattoo got the eraser treatment.......:eek: