PDA

View Full Version : Godfather's problem corner

The Godfather
9th Mar 2003, 17:38
First of all: please get out of here if you're easily frustrated with a big bag of annoying questions. I wish I had the answers to all questions, but I have none and it seems like there's no way out of this for me ... but then there's still forums.eidosgames.com!

Ok, here we go! Before I start popping questions, there's really one thing you should know. I have two computers on my room (Pentium 4 and Pentium 1) and I've linked them both on my screen (22"). There's a button on the screen which allows me to switch between one another.

The stronger PC of the two is also the linked to a Pentium 3 which is further down the hall and both these two computers (3 and 4) are both on the same internet connection: Pentium 3 (down the hall) is the master and always has to be on the running if I want to go on the internet with my own Pentium 4 (that's obviously the slave). With that in the back of your mind, you may be able to answer a few (hard) questions I've got here.

1) Problem #1 I find it impossible to access an ftp-folder of a different Tomb Raider-site. This is what the fault message says: Windows cannot access this folder. Make sure you typed the file name correctly and that you have permission to access this folder (believe me: I have both!) Details: The FTP sessions was terminated.

2) Problem #2 Since it's become impossible for me to even install Tomb Raider I on my Pentium 4 (let alone play it decently), I've tried to do it on my Pentium 1. More luck I do have on that PC, but somehow when starting Tomb Raider 1 in that Indian cave at the very beginning, the graphics are pretty good, but the whole movements are a bit shocky. There's no fluent movement when I jump or move with Lara Croft and it's getting better when I put the graphics on low, but I always used to be able to put them on hgih (not even medium). What to do? What to do?

3) Problem #3: I have Windows XP and I would like to install some new languages under Word. I have English, but how do I install French and Dutch, please? And I have tried it via Microsoft Office XP Language settings, but I can't seem to activate the Dutch Thesaurus or Spelling and Grammer in Word. Howcome?

So far these are the biggest problems. Sorry to bug you all with them, but I always thought that thé slogan for all Tomb Raider-gamers was: ONE FOR ALL ... AND ALL FOR ME!!! :D ... euh ... AND ALL FOR ONE!!! :p That's better.

Thanks a lot in advance for helping me! Bye for now.

dhama
9th Mar 2003, 18:10
1) Chance is you may have lost permission to access it or the site is down for some reason

2) Usually it all come down to drivers, but if you have all the update for your P1 then I don't know what to suggest. There was an openGL patch available at one point that smoothed the graphics but I don't know if it'll better your problem.

3) http://www.microsoft.com/office/evaluation/indepth/multilingual/default.asp

freakskid69
10th Mar 2003, 09:10
I need a little help.IM living in India.New game of TR is coming
out in April.Can anyone tell me that in how many days this game
will come in India after the releasing date.

The Godfather
10th Mar 2003, 12:05
Thanks dhama! I'll try those for the moment. If anyone should/could/would come up with some new, helpful info ... you're welcome! Thank you very much, my friend!

total_inferno
15th Mar 2003, 02:51
freakskid what the heck does AOd's release in india have to do with Godfathers problem??? please open a new thread or sumtinn and by the way wrong forum.!!

The Godfather
15th Mar 2003, 14:11
Originally posted by total_inferno
freakskid what the heck does AOd's release in india have to do with Godfathers problem??? please open a new thread or sumtinn and by the way wrong forum.!!

Kids :rolleyes: