PDA

View Full Version : To Those Who Have the Full Game, Questions

Destraex
9th Mar 2003, 12:19
This is my first post, I have both the multiplayer and single player Demos but the full game will not come out here until next week. So a few questions if you please.

Is their a full game unit list somebody could post please. I would appreciate this.

Is their a way of grouping units into larger formations just as they would have been in real life? i.e. You take a few Roman units and place them in a wall formation or a circle. A bit like cossacks formations where you could add a lot of men together (hundreds actually) and have them form large squares or lines.

To all the history buffs out their how realistic is the strengths and weaknesses of the units in Praetorians (love the way the Romans throw Pila before charging)? I have also been watching Rome Total War and this looks like being fairly realistic in terms of formation and tactical doctrine. Rome total war also has mixed colour units which makes the Gauls look much better as they did not wear uniforms. Does full game praetorians have the mixed colour thing going?

I am really enjoying the Demo but hope the maps in the full game are considerably larger.

Love the graphics guys they are the best I have seen in a game of this type.

http://www.warzonehobbies.emerchantpro.com/vendorimages/warzonehobbies//Italerifigs/ITA6029.jpg

Outcast_Rebel
9th Mar 2003, 19:45
Hi mate, as R T S games go this game is very good, but when
you mention Rome Total War, well that game is going to be in
a league all on it's own it will be auwsome ;)

Shamaani
10th Mar 2003, 05:59
This is not 100% sure ...

Shogun Total War was a fantastic game...
then they created Shogun Total War: The Mongol Ivasion, and it was not "as good" as the original
(multiplyer game was rather stupid and not interessant...)
then they created
Medieval Total War, some players like it a lot, but some others hate it : in my opinion the battle part of it was better than in STW but the "map part" was terrible:( too much units, too complicated, ... it was almost a kind of Europa universialis...)
I have the 3 games (STW, STW:MI and MTW).
And, in my opinion the overall quality has gone down !

In addition to this, remember that Praetorians is a RTS, not a "turn base strategy" game like the Total War series. Perhaps a little too simplified view but let say that TotalWar is 50% map strategy (* la Europe Universialis) 50% action-battle.
Praetorians is 100% action-battle. So comparing the two games is not possible.

Destraex
10th Mar 2003, 09:06
Can anyone answer the formations question?

"Is their a way of grouping units into larger formations just as they would have been in real life? i.e. You take a few Roman units and place them in a wall formation or a circle. A bit like cossacks formations where you could add a lot of men together (hundreds actually) and have them form large squares or lines. ""

http://www.warzonehobbies.emerchantpro.com/vendorimages/warzonehobbies//Italerifigs/ITA6028.jpg

Mike_B
10th Mar 2003, 16:33
Originally posted by Destraex
Can anyone answer the formations question?

"Is their a way of grouping units into larger formations just as they would have been in real life? i.e. You take a few Roman units and place them in a wall formation or a circle. A bit like cossacks formations where you could add a lot of men together (hundreds actually) and have them form large squares or lines. ""

No that's not possible.