PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Vampire Movies

TempySmurf
6th Mar 2003, 12:54
Off the top of my head...

Vampire's Kiss, The Hunger and bother Vampire Hunter Ds

Grey Mouser
6th Mar 2003, 18:39
If I can ever find a copy, I just know that Curados De Espantos (http://members.fortunecity.com/scarbo/fearless.html) would be the best vampire flick ever. Clearly the production values and plot devices of the film are first-rate, if I ever manage to see it I'll review it for the forum ;).

Of course, my all-time favorite vampire film would have to be the the one starring Catherine Deneuve and David Bowie (not to mention the talented Susan Sarandon), The Hunger (http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1800079205&cf=info&intl=us). Good flick that.

Time Streamer
6th Mar 2003, 18:50
Bram Stoker's Dracula. Dark and moody.

Ardeth Silvereni
6th Mar 2003, 21:10
I do like Francis Ford Coppola's take on Dracula (1992). It's more for the style of the film, rather than the story. I wasn't too comfortable with the whole 'love story' aspect, but I loved the cinematic effects. The slaying of the vampire Lucy was a wonderful scene!

Other vampire movies I like are:
Interview With the Vampire (1994) - It's good, mostly because of Tom Cruise's portrayal of Lestat.
The Lost Boys (1987) - Great soundtrack, and a good comedy. Kiefer Sutherland!!
Near Dark (1987) - One of the best modern vampire movies, in my opinion.
Fright Night (1985) - A rather silly movie with Roddy MacDowall as a reluctant vampire hunter.
Nosferatu, eine Symphonie des Grauens (1922) - CLASSIC. The earliest surviving adaptation of Dracula. It's still effective, and has a really eerie atmosphere.

I've seen loads more, but I can't remember much about them. I keep meaning to catch The Fearless Vampire Killers (1967) again. And some more Bela Lugosi/Christopher Lee movies. I really wish Channel 4 would have another season showing Hammer Horror.

Umah Bloodomen
6th Mar 2003, 22:15
I suppose my favorites would be these:

Nosferatu (1922)

Dracula (1931) Bela Lugosi

Dracula (1958) Christopher Lee

The Lost Boys(1987) Kiefer Sutherland & Jason Patric

Interview With The Vampire (1994) Tom Cruise

Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992) Gary Oldman

Shadow of The Vampire (2000) John Malkovich & Willem DaFoe.

I think out of all of these, I liked Shadow of The Vampire the most and Interview With The Vampire the least - it was good, but not something to die over, IMO.

Just for humor's sake does anyone remember Bloodstone (1988) and Bloodstone: Subspecies II (1993). B-Movie vampires at their finest. :p

Azrael
7th Mar 2003, 00:11
Well, my favorite vamp movie was *drums roll* The Lost Boys :D , and i liked a bit of Bram Stoker's Dracula.

And i never heard of Bloodstone, was it good?

NightChyld
7th Mar 2003, 03:15
Although I'm not a huge fan of anime, they have some pretty kewl vamp movies out for it.

Vampire Hunter D
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
Hellsing: All 13 episodes

currently looking for more, let me know if I mist a REALLY good one. Also, has anyone ever seen "Kindred; the Embraced" it was a sceries based (loosely sadly) on Vampire the Masquarade (Which I love to read!). It was canceled later cause the main character died. :( (now I'll never know how it finishes).

Umah Bloodomen
7th Mar 2003, 04:17
Originally posted by Azrael
And i never heard of Bloodstone, was it good?

Yeah if you're a B-Movie fan. If you're expecting a masterpiece out of it, you're going to be very disappointed.

Rook
7th Mar 2003, 10:03
I've honestly never seen any vampire movies that really impressed me. I'd say, if anything, that Interview With The Vampire came close. Tom Cruise ruined it for me, though. He makes my skin crawl. http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/survali/sick.gif

Darakari
13th Mar 2003, 02:44
Did anyone Else besides me like "Queen of the Damned".

"The Breed", "Kindred: the Embraced", "Kiss of the Vampire", and "Bram Stroker's Dracula", "Lifeforce", "Soul Taker", and "Lost Boys" are also some of my favorite vampire movies.

For some reason, I've seen "Lost Boys" a million times, but I still watch it every time it comes on cable.

I love vampire and werewolf movies.

"Ginger Snaps", "Wolven", "American Werewolf in London (and Paris)", "The Howling", and "Silver Bullet" are some of my favorite werewolf movies.

I really wish that that BO3 will expand on the vampire's animal morphs and mist powers. I really like the "werewolf" form of Kain. I wish the wolf, mist, and bat forms had more variety of powers. Some of Kain's rage powers in BO2 could have been used as abilities he could use with specific morph forms.

DarkWraith
13th Mar 2003, 09:00
To be honest I hated Queen of the Dammed. If you've read the book you'll know why. Lets just say....
Maharet doesn't get turned to stone
Her sister turns up.
Lestat doesn't make Jesse a Vampire, Maharet does.
and the movie just generally didn't stick to the book.

ok here's my top five vampire movies

1. ThE LoSt BoYs
2. Interview with a Vampire. because Cruise plays the Brat Prince very well (thats Lestat for those who don't know)
3. Dracula
4. Vampires
5. Bram Stokers Dracula
6. Dracula - Dead and Loving it. (ok thats just for fun)

*starts singing 'People are Strange' from the lost boys sound track*

DW

Scathach
13th Mar 2003, 19:28
The Lost Boys is my favorite vamp movie, I first saw it when I was four, which probably explains a lot, lol. I loved the music and the bikes.

The odd thing is, ages ago I was sick and I had to stay at my aunts house, I was up in the boys room in the attic when I found their Lost Boys vidio, since I hadn't seen it in years I decided to watch in (I wasn't into vampires at the time, by the way). Once it was finished I decided that vampires were really cool. Then what should I find but a demo for a certain PS1 game about some blue guy killing vampires.....

Funny how one thing leads to another, isn't it? The Lost Boys got me into LoK.

Kain's Ancient Blade
15th Mar 2003, 02:12
what about Dracula 2000 and John Carpetner's Vampires, i thought they were both pretty cool.

Umah Bloodomen
15th Mar 2003, 04:23
John Carpenter's Vampires was alright. James Woods was really cool in it.

Dracula 2000 could've been a lot better, the ending was horrible.

I think I should add From Dusk 'Till Dawn to my list though. That was a great flick.

TG_Syd
15th Mar 2003, 04:36
hmm...

I loved Dracula(Christopher Lee is great) and From Dusk 'til Dawn

I liked Shadow of the Vampire and Interview With the Vampire(I read the book before i saw the movie so i was picking at all the inaccuracys(sp?))

I was expecting more from Dracula 2000

I havn't seen the lost boys(don't hurt me)

I wan't able to sit through the breed or queen of the damned(both sucked the big one)

Umah Bloodomen
15th Mar 2003, 04:43
Queen of the Damned was horrible. Absolutely horrible. I can't believe I wasted money on that garbage.

Persephone Coorhagen
15th Mar 2003, 10:36
THE CROW!!!
Oh........wait........but it is a GOOD movie! And it's about the undead!!

Actually, I never watch movies. I hate them.
Except for the crow, of course

There is one good movie. I really can't think of the title.
Blade? No, that sucked hard.
Ugh, what was it??

Dracula, Dead and Loving it?
No, that's not it, but that's a funny movie! Mel Brooks is a genius.
Love At First Bite is funny, too

Ok, well, I can't think of it. I'll post the title when I do. For some reason, I'm thinking it was from Tales from the Crypt.
And NO, not that Bordello of Blood pile of crap!
I hope I'm not thinking of Demon Knight, cos that would just be dumb. That has nothing to do with vampires. It's a cool movie, though.

Marax
15th Mar 2003, 19:15
Most vampire films have a tendency to disappoint me but like most people here I'd say that The Lost Boys was one of the more enjoyable.

Another I enjoyed was Cronos, Guillermo del Toro's first vampire film. It's a bit slow paced but its take on vampirism is much more original than in the majority of films.

Darakari
25th Mar 2003, 22:28
I HATED the way both "Interview with a Vampire" and "Queen of the Damned" did NOT follow the books. Especially Queen of the Damned. I wanted to jump in the movie screen and choke the director for changing it so that Marius is the creator of Lestat. BLASPHEMY! There several vampires between them in their "geneology". There were so many changes made to the movies that I absolutely HATED! Queen of the Damned actually takes three separate books and combines events INACURATELY together.

But despite all these totally horrible changes to the story, I still liked the movies. I even bought the Queen of the Damned DVD and CD. The soundtrack was awesome! The songs are a part of my music collection on my MP3 player and I listen to them all the time.

willow
26th Mar 2003, 04:06
I really don’t like too many vampire films, as the majority of them are abysmal.

I fail to see how the Interview film didn’t follow the book; aside of Claudia being a little older (which was necessary… as there isn’t a 5 year old girl on the planet that could have done that role), the lack of blood tears, the slight errors in years (also necessary due to the continuity change from the 70’s to the modern era), Armand not being a 16 year old androgynous Russian boy with reddish hair and Lestat not being at the scene of Claudia’s death… there really weren’t any hiccups. Everything was minor… remember, Ann Rice wrote the screenplay for the Interview film.

Also, The Lost Boys was possibly one of the worst movies ever made in the history of the worst movies ever made… dear lord will someone please put Joel Schumacher out of his misery for me…. I cannot express my hatred for that pile of filth. All he does is make horrible movies… after horrible movies…. And now he’s doing “the Phantom of the Opera”…. Oh dear god no…

“that’s what I hate about California… too many damn vampires [everyone laughs/ fade to black]”

hippiechk
10th Apr 2003, 20:04
Interview With the Vampire is by far my favorite vampire movie.
It's got Brad, Tom and Antonio - all very hot - and vampires.
Great combo. I get hot every time I watch it.
Ya know that scene where Louis is whispering in Armands ear?
It's so close, it's almost a kiss. Knock me over with a feather!

Power reaver
11th Apr 2003, 03:43
Well i havent seen many Vampire movies , only Queen of the Damned .

I liked the movie , even though ppl say it doesent follow the book , its a good movie on its own . I guess i think of it as a different timeline than the book .... ;)

The songs were A+++++ , its what got me hooked to the movie :D

babifrence
22nd Nov 2003, 06:37
Hiya Peeps,

I have to say I lurrrrrrved Bram Stoker's Dracula. In fact Gary Oldman had an uncanny resemblence to Kain himself. Look at his forehead - quite a lot of it shown, his hear was quite long and started 2/5ths of the way from the front. Gary also had a very sorrow based tone like Kain, especially when he shows Winona Ryder that she would forever be the undead and he loved her too much to make her that. Hes honesty and compassion oozes Kain. The way Gary looked was very similar to the image shown here: -

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00004UBJW.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=290805#post290805

I wouldnt mind seeing Kain die in the same respect as in the film. It may seem too religious but thats upto people's interpretation, being a Roman Catholic myself I dont think its over the top (I do think people with different religious views may disagree and advise dead against it). The film was powerful and sooo much of it was linked to the Legacy of Kain series - especially Blood Omen 1. I wouldnt be surprised if this film was BO1's inspiration!

Nosferatu was mentioned several times as being Dracula. From what I have read on other forums and threads people say that Nosferatu and Gothic make the word NosferatuGothic. Coincidence I wonder? ;)

PEACE OUT !!!

PS The game was said to be in development for 3.5 years: - http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=169

Seeing as the film was 1992, plus the additional game development time = 1995+, which means that the game could have been made from that very same film. My opinion is that the game DOES without a doubt comes from Bram Stoker's Dracula. Perhaps the next film will be called: -

Legacy of Dracula: Pillars of Nine or perhaps
Legacy of Dracula: Protectors of Hope ;) (http://www.dark-chronicle.co.uk/archive/pillars.php)

Zephonsfate
22nd Nov 2003, 16:01
Dracula w/ bela Lugosi
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Interview with the vampire
Underworld- I really enjoyed the scenes of Victor's resurection.
Salem's Lot and A Return to Salem's Lot

Queen of the Dammed was a let down, but after watching it the second time (nothing else to watch one night), it grew (just a little) on me, but certainly not enough for me to list it in my top 5 favorites.

Dark Goddess
22nd Nov 2003, 17:59
I love the film Bram Stoker's Dracula, a romantic film, with lots of blood:)
Interview with the Vampire is a good film to, I didn't like Queen of The Damned, mainly because I thought it had a rubbish story line and they changed the actors, I hate it when they do that, Tom Cruise played a good Lestat.

Steele
22nd Nov 2003, 23:20
Some favorite vampire movies:

Bram Stroker's Dracula

Interview with the Vampire

Blade

Underworld

fneh
24th Nov 2003, 15:55
My favs (but in all honesty I'm not a big fan of any of these):

Interview with a Vampire.

Bram Stokers dracula. I seem to remember winona rider looking pretty good in this movie......or maybe I'm thinking beetlejuice.....meh.

underworld. Sure it's a blatant rip of of blade 2's story but selene is SOOOOOOOOOOOO yummy. I could watch this movie over and over..well her scenes:D

blade 2. sure the special effects are terrible. It WAS a pretty fun movie. Not a GREAT movie, but it's fun to watch. And I seem to remember there being a pretty hot vampire girl in it too.....

Alastor
25th Nov 2003, 23:31
From Dusk till Dawn
Lost Boys
Blade 1 and 2
Interview with the vampire was aight...
And I haven't seen underworld yet, but I hear it's ok.

Valzara
26th Nov 2003, 04:31
Thiese are my favorite vampire movie, both about Lestat :

-Interview With a vampire
-Queen Of The Damn

Both have handsome Lestat inside !!!

McCamy
26th Nov 2003, 23:25
It isn't really a vampire movie, but "The Crow" is the live action one which reminds me most of the LOK-SR series.

Alucard in "Hellsing" is the coolest vampire on the big screen. Would love to see a crossover with Kain.

Lady_D
27th Nov 2003, 13:02
Ahh,

Brahm Stokers Dracula and Interview With A Vampire of coarse. I also really like Vampire Hunter D - Bloodlust, for those of you familiar with anime. Hence my nickname :D