PDA

View Full Version : Did you know? (factoids.. u gotta see this stuff)

mrdefender
5th Mar 2003, 08:10
Did you know?

According to the National Association of Pizza Operators (there's an association for Pizza???)...

Approximately 3 billion pizzas are sold in the U.S each year, that's about 100 acres of pizza a day, or 350 slices a second!!

Pizza Anyone? :p :D

------------------------
Did you know?

the diameter of an African Elephant's ear measures up to 42 inches! ???

now thats big ears! Puts the Vulcans to shame :D

Rook
6th Mar 2003, 06:15
LOL Pretty funny stuff.:D

I was going to reply to this thread last night by adding a few weird little facts that I found, but I can't seem to locate the website at the moment. I'll keep looking. Maybe I'll order a pizza while I'm at it. :p :D

mrdefender
7th Mar 2003, 03:08
Hope ur hungry cause you cant get ahead of this industry... :)

350 slices a second!! Geez! I'd hate to see the mcdonalds stats :) Alot more McDonalds out there than pizza parlers :)

Rook
7th Mar 2003, 10:32
Last I heard, McDonald's makes about $50 million a day. Not sure if that's only in the States or worldwide. Either way, that's a good bit of money. :eek:

:D

mrdefender
7th Mar 2003, 22:14
I heard that they're planning to close 500 restaurants (worldwide). Apparently, they're profits went down (the nightmare of any ferengi :D )

Rook
8th Mar 2003, 08:39
LOL Yeah, I heard that, too. They're still making quite a bit more than I do in a year, though. :p

Okay, CLICK HERE (http://www.wackyuses.com/weird.html). :D

mrdefender
9th Mar 2003, 06:17
ok... so ... which one should I read? (or which one are you refering to...)

Rook
9th Mar 2003, 10:30
All of 'em.;) There's some quirky stuff in there.

Actually, I only read the ones for Elmer's Glue-All, Crayola and a few others. They were quirky enough, so I figured the link would fit here.:D

Oh, and did you know that 17 gallons of Kool-Aid are drunk every second during the summer? :eek:

:D

mrdefender
10th Mar 2003, 01:25
Did you know; While tea is the world's most popular beverage, Americans consumer more than 80 percent of their tea iced.

:eek:

Now here's the wierdest one of all! Hershey is named after the founder of the company, Milton Hershey!

GASP! You dont see many companys named after the person who founded them..... :rolleyes:

Rook
12th Mar 2003, 09:46
LOL I can't hardly drink iced tea. I like mine hot.:)

And I always wanted to go to Hershey, Pennsylvania, just to see what was up with all that chocolate-making stuff.:D

mrdefender
12th Mar 2003, 19:31
Don't! Don't try to solve the caramilk riddle! You'll get into troubble like the dude from the commercials :)

Rook
13th Mar 2003, 07:35
Do I even want to know what the "caramilk riddle" is? Something very weird, from the sound of it... :o ;) :p :D

mrdefender
13th Mar 2003, 20:44
Can't be too wierd. This is what I think it is

some one runs by and grabs the folder mrdefender was holding

HEY! GET BACK HERE!!!

Oh well, I'll just print another copy from my notebook :)

Anyways.. This is what I think it is....

Ok. Ofcourse, this would be in large ammounts...

Picture a caramilk bar the size of a normal sheet of paper, cut in half horizontally (left to right; <---> ) on its edge.

Then, a machine would drop caramel in every little 'piece' of chocolate in this 'sheet of chocolate'. After this is done, they would put the other half of the sheet ontop of the current one.

so its not really that big of a mystery.. When you think about it..

Its like the 'tree falling in the woods' riddle... You don't need someone to hear it to know that it makes/will make a sound..

Another example, You don't need to be there to know that If you throw a ball into the air, it will come back down to the ground (on earth.. ofcourse... in space, it would keep going up until it has no more velocity then it would float.. unless it burns up in an atmosphere..)