PDA

View Full Version : Suicidal Medics

Jerv
3rd Mar 2003, 18:17
I usually try to keep important characters towards the middle of an army, or behind advancing units. However, they seem unwilling to stay there and typically insist on marching ahead. A particular pest is the healer, how insists on advancing on the barbarians, even when he is not told to, with the result that he is killed almost before I realise that what he is up to. Does anyone know how to stop this behaviour, or at least fix the position of units relative to each other (to the best of my knowledge, suicidal behaviour was not common behaviour for Roman medics)?

Jare
3rd Mar 2003, 19:44
I would suggest using the "protect" command, so the medics follow your lead troops without getting ahead of them. Protecting troops helps a lot when managing a large group in battle.

Thomas
4th Mar 2003, 06:46
so does the protect command mean that the unit that will protect will stay behind the one it should protect??

I´m a newbie and are having some small problem with what the commands makes the soldiers do....

:confused:

Help apreciated....:)

Lt_Kerensky
4th Mar 2003, 08:29
The druid is most likely trying to blind enemy troops, and thus becoming vulnerable. Disable that special autoability if it bothers your.

Anyway, druids are cheap enough and, as long as you renember to creat a new one when you loose one, you'll be just fine.