PDA

View Full Version : What does it take to create an LoK fan?

Wise Man Domingo
3rd Mar 2003, 17:54
So, what's it take to make an LoK fan? Well, I'm gonna find out. Here's my first experiment:

I have a friend who has heard next to nothing about Legacy of Kain. I've lent him Blood Omen 1 and Soul Reaver 1. Once two weeks pass, I'll ask him what he thinks.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, what do you predict our friend here will say?

Hopefully, come next week, I'll have created a monster. :p

THE WISE MAN HAS SPOKEN!!!

TG_Syd
3rd Mar 2003, 18:12
:rolleyes:I wish you luck oh wise one.:rolleyes:

Sarah
3rd Mar 2003, 18:36
Time; a predisposition to be somewhat obsessive; a predisposition to liking fantasy/being able to be caught up in a "pretend" world....
It would help to not have had a strong positive male role model when growing up-either one or both parents should have been somewhat weak/or there should have been strong contention between the 2-while not a divorce per se, a lot of problems that would have made the individual seek out comfort in a "pretend" environment; a weak male role model in youth would cause the strong dominance Kain exudes to be very appealing...
It's funny-I was thinking about this just the other day "Why have I spent nearly 7 years hooked on this one VIDEOGAME? What is it that appeals to me?"

Riovanes
3rd Mar 2003, 18:39
If he's anything like me, Wise Man, he's going to hate BO1 and love SR. I suppose it's got something to do with my personality (and my preferred character types... I have this weird "persecuted hero" complex going on that draws me to Raziel), but I've always preferred the Chinless One to the megalomaniacal Kain. Not that Kain's a bad character - he's just not someone I've ever enjoyed playing as.

BAH!!!

Scathach
3rd Mar 2003, 20:28
I managed to turn my preppy sister into a LoK fan, and that's no small feet :D. (The fact that she fell in love with Kain while I was playing BO2 may have had something to do with it)

I'm also working on my small coven of friends, when my friend Elfie came over she got as far as the lower city on her first ever go on a PS2. I think she's starting to get hooked *crosses fingers*

blincoln
3rd Mar 2003, 22:51
I lent Soul Reaver to a friend of mine, and that got him hooked on the series. He's already bought SR2 and BO2, and I'm trying to get him to pick up the Eidos Collection now.

SirRaziel
4th Mar 2003, 01:22
Originally posted by Scathach
I managed to turn my preppy sister into a LoK fan, and that's no small feet :D. (The fact that she fell in love with Kain while I was playing BO2 may have had something to do with it)

I'm also working on my small coven of friends, when my friend Elfie came over she got as far as the lower city on her first ever go on a PS2. I think she's starting to get hooked *crosses fingers*

What did your sister say when she saw SR Kain?

Apocrypha Roxy
4th Mar 2003, 03:42
SR Kain happens to be somewhat hot too...

Don't look at me like that. There's just something seductive and captivating about him. Maybe it's the voice (thank you, Simon Templeman). Maybe its the gorgeous long hair (Pantene Pro-V?). Maybe it's cause he can be such a b*stard and it's just soo ooey gooey that you can't resist him.

I always liked a bad boy...

I'm taking up on your quest, Wise Man. I too, shall convert the unenlightened ones to the way of the fang/soul/paradoxy thingy. Whatever. I'm determined to win someone over. I'll start with my sister. She's getting a little interested. She likes to scoff at my rediculous fanfiction, but she'll appreciate it in time. I need to condition her, first.

But my 5 year old nephew is already a convert. Every visit, every time, he says 'I want to play with Raziel!'. And we do. He loves SR2. His older brother, my 'step-nephew', and I love to discuss videogames. I actually guided him through it over the phone. Then I let him borrow BO2 (after I played it about 3 times), and I don't know how far he got, I just remember getting a little bit past Faustus. Maybe up to Marcus. Then I missed my game and took it back. -smirk-

I just hope to find someone to convert... I'll have to grab a few of my sister's friends. They're in the 'videogame' department of reasoning.

BOOYAH! (And please read my ficcy, I need the ego boost - it's funny, I promise!)

eclipse_reaver
4th Mar 2003, 05:48
Are we creating a new army of darkness then? :D
My bro is studying game design in vancouver. What really irked me was his observation that whenever he mentioned SR or BO, none of his classmates knew what he's talking about (and they're in a gaming school? WTF!)
Well, hopefully that'll change soon. He has that nice pic of Raz impaling a Melchahim as a wallpaper and he said some people already asked about it.

As for me, I think I'll have a harder time trying to convince my church-going friends to like the series...

SirRaziel
4th Mar 2003, 07:32
My church going friends are scared of the series.

E5I5O
4th Mar 2003, 07:39
Don't you just love influencing and corrupting people?

But what I love the most is talking about the Lok story line to people who don't even play video games. I once mentioned that listening to the Lok story line for the first time made me think that the series was based on some obscure European novel. Also, talking about how you have to beat a vampire mutant into submission just to release it's soul so that it may be devoured freaks them out, too.

SexlessDemon
4th Mar 2003, 09:12
I'm sad to say that it's my 8 year old brother's fault for converting me into the series. He was playing SR1 and I walked by. I thought "this looks interesting. Hey nice music too" So I started from the beginning.. and then saw the opening movie. I was like "corr that dude is HOT"

I know.. sad isn't it. The lengths I go to get merchandise for that game... blah! (but hey, earned me a great holographic cover for the SR1 PS box)

But seriously, none of my friends have ever heard of the game. At least I have my kid brother worshipping me because I finished the whole series (cept BO1) :D

Rook
4th Mar 2003, 09:20
I'm trying to recruit new fans. I gave my supervisor at work one of my extra copies of SR1. He's had it for over two weeks, and still can't get past the two sluagh at the beginning.

Poor fellow... http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/andomi/rolflmao.gif

SexlessDemon
4th Mar 2003, 09:24
oh my.. and I thought I was bad when I got stuck at Melchiah's place. heh heh

Rook
4th Mar 2003, 10:16
LOL Well, he had mentioned that the only other game he had been playing was a bowling game (blech!), so I guess it was quite a bit of a change. Still, it's not like it doesn't give you directions for exactly which buttons to push right at that point.http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/wayfarer/anim-rolleyesltblu.gif http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/wayfarer/shockedltblu.gif

http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/wayfarer/bigsmileltblu.gif

Umah Bloodomen
4th Mar 2003, 12:56
Just take 2 pounds of flour, a pint of blood, a hint of cinnamon and a dash of chocolate sprinkles. Mix the ingredients together and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees fahrenheit and top with whip cream and a vanilla sauce. For extra taste, just add various tasty mortals, ooops, I mean morsels, and chill for 24 hours.

That is what it takes to make an LOK fan. :p

Omega One
4th Mar 2003, 13:06
What does it take?

To merely hear the name Legacy of Kain.

Scathach
4th Mar 2003, 19:55
My prepy sis said: What the hell happened to him? Oh well, he's still got a nice voice.

It's spead from my sister. Now my cousins the triplets are into it (only cos they think that pre-fallen Raz is H-O-T) But hey, it's a start. And the triplets and I go to church and we love the series. :D

Apocrypha Roxy
5th Mar 2003, 02:45
Originally posted by Scathach
Now my cousins the triplets are into it (only cos they think that pre-fallen Raz is H-O-T) But hey, it's a start.

Pre-Fallen Raziel IS hot! Just wanna take those wings and pet them, run your hands through that little ponytail and ask 'what conditioner do you use?', or just GLOMP him with obsessive hugs...

Raz: Nobody touches my wings, not after that first time...
PLEEEEESE, cutie-wootie gangrene booty?
Raz: No. I've been scarred for life. Literally...
Do you still have the ponytail?
Raz: I think it fell off somewhere on the trip down the abyss...
Crud. Can I glomp you?
Raz: What?
-GLOMP-
Raz: GAH! Would someone get this crazy girl offa me?!
You know you like it! -huggles-
Raz: -sigh- Ask a silly question...

Actually, I'd played SR2 on the computer, and never saw the extra features or the intro to SR1. When I got my PS2, I got BO2, and I was DYING for SR2 just for the extras. Cause I already finished the game. Pitiful... But I saw the intro, and I was like 'WOAH... that boy is FINE... whoopsie, there he goes... eh, he's still cute!'

(Don't laugh, but I'm replaying it because I just finished SR1 last night... the ending movie was a little corny in comparison to the intro... but I liked it! :D)

kainslady
6th Mar 2003, 05:02
roxy,you are a hoot! i totaly agree with your views on kain and prefallen raz.mmmm...kain...uh,anyway,i have tried my darnest to get my friends and family to play the lok games,but they just don't obey!i think i am surrounded by heretics...that's why i search out more of my kind on the net.