PDA

View Full Version : Dromed Error

ChristineS
1st Mar 2003, 22:53
When I try to go in game, I get this error:

palmgr_alloc_pal: no free palette slot! (File: palmgr.c, Line 393)
(Yes to trap, No to exit, Cancel to ignore)

I never get this error before, what does it mean :confused:

Schwaa2
2nd Mar 2003, 00:19
Have you been using alot of custom pallettes? For textures and stuff, maybe you used one too many.

ChristineS
2nd Mar 2003, 00:35
I have used a lot of custom objects, textures and stuff from DEDx, the mission is nearly done, I only have to put the AIs in... :rolleyes:

howie
2nd Mar 2003, 18:40
There is a texture limit ChristineS. How many textures do you have listed in dromed ?

Eshaktaar
2nd Mar 2003, 20:43
You can decrease the amount of used palettes by converting the palettes of custom textures to palettes in the available Thief texture families (does this make sense?). E.g. if you have a grey wall texture, you could convert its palette to that of core_1 (which has lots of greyish wall textures) and then put it into a fam/core_1 folder.
The downside of this is that you'll have to replace already used textures in the mission manually.

ChristineS
3rd Mar 2003, 01:28
Thanks for your replies. I have 102 textures in Dromed - but I have used many custom objects - I have deleted some of them and now it works. I should come to an end with this mission ;)

Schwaa2
3rd Mar 2003, 02:28
One thing that might help is to grab a bunch of custom object textures that have similar color patterns and batch process them in Bright (fairly easy to do) so they will cut down the pallettes. Not sure how good of results you get, mostly depends on how close the match to begin with.

If i get the time I might try doing this to all of mine and see what happens.

ChristineS
3rd Mar 2003, 11:41
Thank you, schwaa, I'll try it, when I get this error again. I have the gifs for the new paintings run through bright, but not the gifs for the other cutom objects.