PDA

View Full Version : LoK Soundtracks - Your favorite?

Omega One
28th Feb 2003, 14:17
Well, when they first came out I downloaded as much as my 32 Mb KeyDrive could handle... and became fond of quite a few of them. Some I already knew from in-game, others that are cool but didn't really pay-attention to them while playing the game.

I was always fond of the SR1 song 'The Ruined City of Dumahim', the one that plays on the credits, as well as the suspensful (sp) version - very chilling.

Before I continue, even before they were released, the music that plays in the Sarafan Stronghold was running through my head literally non-stop, driving me crazy... so I got that and must say, I love it more than ever... even the other versions :)

I also like Janos' retreat, and The Pillars (the lovely 'piano-like' sound effect is really awesome).

BO2 songs include The Living End (its great... more 'modern' than the others) but I still like it, plus the main Theme and end credits are great as well.

I've just downloaded more now.. as I'm in college (this is the only time I can really get them) so I'll get back to you later :)

Anyway, my question - whats your favorite LoK song(s)?

I would like to thank Kurt Harland and the other extremely talented people for creating such brilliant music and for offering it for free on the net :)

VegetaWorshipper
28th Feb 2003, 14:46
I love the SR2 Themes for the Pillars and Janos' Retreat. I like a lot of the music from BO2, as well. I got links to the MP3's from The Real Moebius' site.

Katen
28th Feb 2003, 15:36
Don't really like the Sound tracks that much.

I think for SR3 they need to use Green Day for the Music or maybe some MXPX:D

Reaver of Souls
28th Feb 2003, 16:10
A lot of the in-game music sounds kind of hollow, (which it should, it's background music).

I'd like it if they made more substantial (sp?) music like Raz's theme from SR1 or Ariel's Lament (minus the words) play during game play, that'd be cool. The music is great just the same though.

Omega One
28th Feb 2003, 19:54
Whoa.. I sort of expected to not be the only one who was obsesed about the music as much as I am... :s

Katen
1st Mar 2003, 06:10
oops did we disapoint you;)

video game music has never really been that good so most people don't think about it that much however since this is LOK I give you kuddos on being such a loyal fan:cool:

Umah Bloodomen
1st Mar 2003, 06:25
<sarcasm>Of course no one thinks about video game music, that's why people like Trent Reznor ended up doing the Quake soundtrack and sound effects. :rolleyes:</sarcasm>

I don't really think I have a particular favorite LOK soundtrack, but I do believe Kurt Harland, Mike Peaslee and Jim Hedges have a lot of talent musically, both in the games and in their other projects. (Cynyc and Information Society respectively).

And Omega, lest we not forget to credit lilibat for allowing the soundtracks to be offered to the general public. ;)

Lady Kreliana
1st Mar 2003, 06:36
I'm still very fond of Ozar Midrashim. :D

Scathach
1st Mar 2003, 12:21
I'm with Lady K: Ozar Midrashim, the battle music for Janos' retreat (the one from the advert) is good to, I love drums.

Azrael
1st Mar 2003, 15:26
Well, my favorite will always be the "'The Ruined City" (aka The Credits one), but i like them all. :)

Serul
1st Mar 2003, 18:34
Ozar Midrashim, one of the best game soundtracks I have ever heard. All hail Kurt Harland... :p :D

Rook
1st Mar 2003, 21:55
I truly enjoy them all. But, I'd say "Ozar Midrashim" really stands out. http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/wayfarer/coolltblu.gif

Omega One
1st Mar 2003, 22:46
Originally posted by Katen
video game music has never really been that good so most people don't think about it that much however since this is LOK I give you kuddos on being such a loyal fan:cool:

Not really that good?

What about the themes from both Metal Gear Solid games? What about the music from the Final Fantasy games (VIII in particular)? What about the music from the Tomb Raider games?

I could go on ;)

Umah, your right - as always ;) ;p

HUGE thanks also go to lilibat :D

On a side not... obviously Ozar is going to be a majority of favorites... but then what? ;)

Rook
1st Mar 2003, 23:52
Originally posted by Omega One
On a side not... obviously Ozar is going to be a majority of favorites... but then what? ;)

The "Overland" music from SR2, "Janos' Retreat," the "Sarafan Stronghold"--most of my other standout favorites come from SR2. I also liked the "Drowned Abbey" music from SR1.

Ranmyaku
2nd Mar 2003, 00:17
Yes, Ozar Midrashim has always been one of my favs. I went ordered the Don't be Afraid CD so I could listen to it whenever I wanted (needless to say it was playing nonstop when I finally got it ;) )

Janos Audren's Retreat is always my fav, ever since I got to there. The music is so slow, soft (I can remember barely realizing that there actually music there :D ), and melancholy. So very beautiful. Suits the place very well. ^^

The Pillars music from SR2 was excellent, and my fav from SR other then Ozar would have to be the Turel Clan Territory music. (Major kudos to lili for that :D ).

X-Sabre
2nd Mar 2003, 04:52
Ozar Midrashim has been my favorite, with The Ruined City as my second fav.

Katen
2nd Mar 2003, 05:13
Now the people who did Tony Hawk Pro skaters are the real geniuses in the game soundtrack buisness

Reaver of Souls
2nd Mar 2003, 05:39
Katen: That's different though, because they use real songs. Most video games have music made for them, it simply suits them better. Tony Hawk is lucky in that they can use music that actual skateboarders listen to and it fits better. It's such a successful series they have no problem getting major bands to let them use their music.

No else like Ariel's Lament from SR2?

warpsavant
2nd Mar 2003, 05:54
Sunlight Glyph music is the best.

You know this to be true.

Lady Kreliana
2nd Mar 2003, 07:48
I also like The Ruined City of Dumahim, the one that was to be Turel's theme, and the Sunlight Glyph 'suspensful' music.

Time Streamer
2nd Mar 2003, 17:19
The sunken Cathedral music sounds best imo, after the intro music.

Katen
3rd Mar 2003, 00:39
SR3 needs to have songs from The Clash and Blink 182:D

And BO3 needs Songs from Greed Day and Dropkick Murpheys:p

Umah Bloodomen
3rd Mar 2003, 00:50
<sarcasm> I would burn the games and boycott CD if they ever did that. At least I am safe knowing that Kurt, Jim and Mike have the decency not to pull that crap anytime soon. :o </sarcasm>

EDIT: I decided to add my sarcasm tags to this response so those who didn't understand I was being sarcastic would have it properly addressed that I was. :rolleyes:

Katen
3rd Mar 2003, 00:55
I think it would be cool if they did or at least made it so i could put my own music on my X-box.

SexlessDemon
3rd Mar 2003, 10:34
hah blink 182 and green day for the LoK soundtrack? Jesus, that would ruin the whole thing! Not that I don't like those bands but... they really don't suit the whole 'gothic' LoK look.

I'm shamelessly stating that I made CDs out of the Lok sountracks and I listen to them all the time while I'm in the Underground. I got too many favourite songs to list... ah well.
Blood Omen: Kain's mausoleum & Dark Eden
Blood Omen 2: Question of Faith & The Living End v2
Sound Reaver: I love them all! All I tell you, all!
Sound Reaver 2: hmm the Pillars song, Dark Forge and Light Force. Oh and of course the theme :)

But then again I'm a person really big on in-game music. A game can lose out a lot if there isn't the right music to set the atmosphere, in my opinion.

Kagato
3rd Mar 2003, 16:53
I'm pretty impressed with the soundtracks for the LoK series.

One track I can't seem to find is one from SR1. It plays while Raziel enters his clan territory and I can't seem to find it amongst the tracks online. When I first played the game, this track gave a real sense of forbodding and loss to me. Anyone know the name and where it might be available?

SexlessDemon
3rd Mar 2003, 19:41
All I have to say is that it took me AGES to find that bloody mp3. I downloaded it off some french site I found in the links section of Dark Chronicle. When I last checked, the link for the mp3 was dead for some odd reason.... although it could be my browser acting up.

If you still can't find it, then I'll be more than happy to send it to you :)

Omega One
3rd Mar 2003, 21:16
Originally posted by Kagato
I'm pretty impressed with the soundtracks for the LoK series.

One track I can't seem to find is one from SR1. It plays while Raziel enters his clan territory and I can't seem to find it amongst the tracks online. When I first played the game, this track gave a real sense of forbodding and loss to me. Anyone know the name and where it might be available?

I believe its Ozar Midrashim, and it was created by The Information Society (http://insoc.org). Its available on CD - although I can't recall the albums name I'm afraid.

SexlessDemon
3rd Mar 2003, 21:42
Yeah but the actual music they played while you're in Raziel's place is a bit different than Ozar. Dammit I want a house like his place.

*vows to invest money or hold the construction workers at gunpoint in the near future*

Katen
3rd Mar 2003, 22:25
I think the Ramones would be cool in LOK, just think about Raziel mashing to that band in the Game:D

Umah Bloodomen
4th Mar 2003, 03:03
I believe its Ozar Midrashim, and it was created by The Information Society (http://insoc.org). Its available on CD - although I can't recall the albums name I'm afraid.

The album is Don't Be Afraid ;)

KainSyndrome101
4th Mar 2003, 03:05
My favorite track besides Ozar Midrashim is the "danger" version of Ruined City of Dumahim. It's one of the best tracks I've ever heard from a video game.

Omega One
4th Mar 2003, 13:11
Umah - Ahh thanks! I knew that, but I wasn't sure if it was or not as Don't Be Afraid is also the name of the battle music in Final Fantasy VIII :)

My favorite track besides Ozar Midrashim is the "danger" version of Ruined City of Dumahim. It's one of the best tracks I've every heard from a video game.

I have to agree. It's by far one of the many cooler tracks in the LoK games :D

kainslady
4th Mar 2003, 15:01
i was blown away by the soundtracks from all the legacy games! of course,ozar midrashim is my favorite,i just can't hold still when it's on! i hope they work that music into the next soul reaver game. i love question of faith,living end,and ariel's lament...all of which i found direction to and from blincoln's site. he has been a bright light of information in my searches!

Omega One
5th Mar 2003, 11:09
Thankyou! Thought I was the only one who loved Question of Faith (I love anything choral as that is :))

kainslady
6th Mar 2003, 04:04
oh yeah omega,i agree! how could anyone not love that song? i just sit back and let it wash over me like waves in the ocean...so beautiful...so haunting...you have excellent taste in music!

Katen
6th Mar 2003, 23:02
Chevele Would sound pretty Good for LOK:cool:

darien_specter
25th Jun 2003, 05:19
Okay, I know I am dredging up a VERY old thread, but considering the recent reactions to posting new threads on old topics and so forth (and since that annoys me too, I hate to be a hypocrite) I decided I ought to dig it up instead... Anyway, I was just listening to the SR tracks downloaded from dear, wonderful lilbat's site. (Oh: to be on-topic, I love Ozar, of course, and also the Human Citadel and from SR2 the Pillars and Janos. :D) And though it is all really cool... I don't remember most of it! I certainly don't remember any combat music... And while I certainly admit that I am capable of having missed it, I noticed all the music switches in SR2, and I'm usually pretty in tune with the music, especially with how great the LoK music is. So is it just not a PC version feature? Are many of these tracks previously unreleased? Am I just off my rocker? Anyone who can answer (like, oh, say, the Butterfly Lord) please do so...

Omega
26th Jun 2003, 22:12
I don't get what your saying!

If your saying the music kind of sounds the same for SR1 and SR2 I'd have to agree.

Ozar has a tamberien(sp - it's awful my spelling) in the background, whilst the theme to SR2 has a similar sound but is only one beat out.

(I'd like to think I have this unique 'gift' and can actually see the layers of intruments in songs, such as violin, viola, cello etc). The only trouble with this is that I can focus too much on one 'layer' and thats the only thing that I can hear, kind of peeves me off a bit. But anyhoo.

If your saying it's different.. I honestly don't know!

Matt from Spam Buddies
27th Jun 2003, 06:19
Thankyou! Thought I was the only one who loved Question of Faith (I love anything choral as that is :))

Yes, You are not alone, my child. :D

"Question of Faith" is so awesome. :)

I simply love choral and Gregorian music.

- Matthew

darien_specter
28th Jun 2003, 08:17
What I'm saying (if it's me that has to reply!) is that there seems to be much more music available from Soul Reaver than in fact appeared in the game. Most of them are things like 'danger' and 'combat' music that are variations on an area's theme. But I don't remember anything like that when I've played SR; and I was mostly just asking if I'm just missing it. I brought up SR2 only to point out that in this game there are indeed variations for combat, spectral, etc. (I thought the idea of warping the music for the spectral realm was just cool beyond belief, by the way!) And to mention that I noticed that, so I was sort of doubtful that I would have missed similar musical variation in SR (for things like combat, danger, etc.) Sorry for the confusion! :)

I, also, absolutely loved "Question of Faith" - it was my favorite track in that entire game! :D

Omega
28th Jun 2003, 23:26
Ohhh! I do. But then again, I pay alot of attention to the ickle things in games (i.e. the music in Primal... yuk!)

Razielim Angel
29th Jun 2003, 01:25
My favorite LoK music would have to be Ozar Midrashim. I love that song. I wanna get it on a CD as soon as I can and blare it from my room. I also like the remix of it that was made. Ariel's Lament was good too. :)
Some of my favorite in-game music was the music from the Fire glyph area and the Stone glyph area, but I can't find that music anywhere, so I can only listen to it when I play the game. :(

darien_specter
29th Jun 2003, 03:23
so did I just miss it? :( :confused:

Lady_D
30th Jun 2003, 16:45
Ozar Midrashim

Cynyc
1st Jul 2003, 01:23
thanks for all the love.

As for the notion that we should use licensed music from mainstream artists, wel... doesn't that miss the point. The music should be integrated into the game in exactly the same way that original scores are a fundamental part of most good serious films.

Of course, that'll all change when our super secret new project Legacy of Kain: Dance Dance Revolution comes out. Or not.

OugaBooga
1st Jul 2003, 01:35
LMFAO,thats funny dude & it wouldn't surprise me all that much if they did LoK:DDR .....HaaaaHAHAHA:D
Personally i haven't payed attention to the names of the songs & it's been a long time since i played the 1st 2 games.So i can't say other then i personally liked the tunes on SR1,& a few of those kain talking to himself speeches in boI.
I was more impressed with the visuals in sr2 then the music

KainSyndrome101
6th Jul 2003, 02:53
Does anybody know what's up with the nosgoth.threethirteen.net site (where the LoK soundtracks are)? First it wasn't working, and now it's asking me for a user I.D. and password.

Omega
6th Jul 2003, 11:50
I was pondering this myself.... I didn't get them all! :(

Well, thats probably a lie...

Katen
6th Jul 2003, 20:39
Kain chanting:GreenDay on the Next Lok....Green Day on the LOK!

I wounder if the Lestat songs from Queen of the Damded the Movie would be a good soundtrack....hmmmmm....

Omega
6th Jul 2003, 21:36
I wouldn't mind 'metal' music in Defiance... but it would have to be original - and not from a popular band.

Just my two cents really... I don't think Chop Suey! would go down a treat at the Pillars ;)

Apocrypha Roxy
6th Jul 2003, 21:52
Ozar Midrashim is glued to my braincells.

Ariel's Lament was the first song in my PowerPoint presentation. I first got LoK when I purchased SR2 for PC. I would let the menu run, seeing the warp between Material/Spectral, and listen to the song.

Whoah.

Living End 2 - love it.
Overland Combat - love it.
Janos Audron's Retreat - love the eerie feeling. Snow levels rule.
SR2 Pillars - elegant stuff.
Sarafan Stronghold SR2 - I love this one.
Razielim territory (you're probably thinking of that).

And others. I burnt them all on a CD so I can listen to them on the go! :)

The soundtrack to BloodRayne and Primal rock the house. Omega, you need to change yer post there - you said it yerself!

There's nothing like original tracks.

Although we can use Jay-Z's Beware the Bad Boys in Defiance... think, the mix with DJ Punjabi... :p

Katen
7th Jul 2003, 00:29
Okay Okay! maybe Greenday would be Bad for Lok even though its Kain's Favorite Music;)

I will compremise and say Rancid or even Linkin Park should be on the next Lok:D

see now everyone is happy:cool:

Apocrypha Roxy
7th Jul 2003, 01:33
Howabout no?

:p

Give me original tracks, please. And if they were going to put an actual band's track on, give me Tool's instrumental or something. Lyrics would have to be really deep.

There's a group called Arch Enemy, my sister loves them :rolleyes:
I personally can't stand the song, but they have a track called Heart of Darkness.

Janos is flipping tricks in his grave. :p

Katen
7th Jul 2003, 01:44
what about the Beastie Boys or maybe Godsmack or better yet Static X.

Omega
7th Jul 2003, 01:57
No no no and no!

For Gods sake... they'd make the death of the LoK series... the beginning of the end, so to speak.

No 'popular' bands... just plain old Mike & Co (and maybe Kurt too... but read in another thread he's busy?). They are the musicmakers (who coninscidentally come from far away... at least, compared to me ;)), they are the makers of dreams... they are *deep Tony Jay voice* the Soul Reaver...

Apocrypha Roxy
7th Jul 2003, 02:04
Quickly, we must ship Katen off to the Eternal Prison, before her madness spreads!!!

:eek: WHAT?! NO KURT?!

-faint-

Katen
7th Jul 2003, 02:12
Whaddoya mean her do I really look like a girl( don't answer that);)

and i'm already at the Eternal prison and am useing my free time in the Livewire room where i'm on the PC.

as for Music you people should know something, Raziel is a Punk who is into Anarchy and Kain is a metal Head:rolleyes:

You people really don't know much about LOK:D

Omega
10th Jul 2003, 23:42
I'm actually quite fond of Overland for SR2...

I didn't care for it much in the past... but the other week I had it on in the background whilst sorting out some SR1 sounds I extracted... a Kain quote fitted perfectly into the music!

Now I find it's great, and I've been adding SR1 deleted audio to the Overland track to make it more cool ;)

Cynyc
11th Jul 2003, 00:42
dang, it looks like the LOK soundtrack section of nosgoth.thirteen.net is no longer up. I'm still waiting to here back from the webmaster, but we may have to find a new permanant home. It'd be nice to just host it here at Eidos.com, but we'll see what happens.

Katen
11th Jul 2003, 02:05
A long as they want Greenday to be on the next LOK its fine with me to put it here:D

Omega
11th Jul 2003, 17:23
I could probably host a game or two.... but it wouldn't be for long I'm afraid.

My host only has 333 Mb (some of which is promsed to Vampmaster and of course, myself ;)). Bandwidth isn't a problem... my site doesn't get enough hits, mainly because I haven't had the time to update it :( but yeah...

If Eidos say no... I could probably invest in a cheap host with all the power to host them for all of us :)

Katen
11th Jul 2003, 23:51
What is your Site Omega?

Apocrypha Roxy
12th Jul 2003, 00:39
You're a guy?!

(Oh, man... really making good impressions, aren't I?) :rolleyes:

Pfft! Katen - don't you know Raz is the Industrial type? And Kain prefers the Underground, himself... :p

Can't you see it? Raz in a TooL hoodie writing deep, angst-ridden poetry, and Kain gearing up for the Mosh...

Then again, Kain has a secret collection of Lil' Kim, 50-Cent and Jay-Z albums - and on Winamp. Sshh! Don't tell nobody - he doesn't like to be seen as gangsta!! :D

Omega
12th Jul 2003, 00:47
Originally posted by Katen
What is your Site Omega?

It's in my sig :)

http://www.legacyofkain.net

Katen
12th Jul 2003, 01:27
I can See Kain getting ready to mosh and i can see him having Lil'kim, but Jay-Z you've gone to far Roxy:D

Raziel is into Anarchy hands Down, He is trying to get rid of Kain and the squid and stuff....hes fighting the gov and winning;)

i'm ging to check out your site Omega.

Valzara
18th Jul 2003, 13:31
Originally posted by Apocrypha Roxy
Ozar Midrashim is glued to my braincells.

Ariel's Lament was the first song in my PowerPoint presentation. I first got LoK when I purchased SR2 for PC. I would let the menu run, seeing the warp between Material/Spectral, and listen to the song.

Hey hey, I used 'Sunlight Glyph_Sus' as my power point presentation in my college. My friends said this is a very good music but the tune make people feel depress...:D

Omega
18th Jul 2003, 14:24
Argh! I thought I had downloaded them all!

Maybe CD took them down because their releasing an official soundtrack with Defiance and they don't want us downloading them for free when they can make a profit.

Mind you, I'd still buy it purely for the officialness of it all.

Or, it could be a conspiracy to take over the world...

*babbles*

Apocrypha Roxy
18th Jul 2003, 17:07
Watchu mean, boy, by an official soundtrack with Defiance?

They're including it in the package? Or is it a special joint pack? Or a seperate thing?

HMM HMM HMM???? Must know!

OugaBooga
18th Jul 2003, 17:45
yup,Kain is a metal head & raz is industrial.
what about these in no perticular order.
since they're not mainstream i'am SURE a song would be cheap;)

1 Cannibal corpse - Scattered Remains, Splattered Brains
Put Them To Death
2 Bolt Thrower - eye of terror
world eater or
Icon or cenotaph
ritual
3 Pungent Stench - Viva la Muerte
Why Can the Bodies Fly[another fav:D]
4 Slayer - angel of death
Raining Blood
Die By The Sword
At Dawn They Sleep
5 Venom - Blood Lust
Sacrifice
Countess Bathory
Don't Burn the Witch
6 Hellhammer - triumph of death
7 Godflesh - Locust Furnace
Suction
Tiny Tears
8 Grave - Into the Grave
Haunted
Judas
Bullets Are Mine
9 Entombed - Left Hand Path
Evilyn
Sinners Bleed
Hollowman
10 Celtic Frost - Dance Macabre
Suicidal Winds
Return To The Eve
11. Carcass [TOO many to mention by this band;)]

there are alot more but i can't remember them all,it's been a long time since i listened to this:D

Omega
18th Jul 2003, 21:59
Originally posted by Apocrypha Roxy
Watchu mean, boy, by an official soundtrack with Defiance?

They're including it in the package? Or is it a special joint pack? Or a seperate thing?

HMM HMM HMM???? Must know!

I hope they include it seperately. Then the money could go towards a new saga in the Legacy of Kain series ;)

Seriously though, I wouldn't mind either way :)

Valzara
19th Jul 2003, 06:48
Originally posted by OugaBooga
yup,Kain is a metal head & raz is industrial.
what about these in no perticular order.
since they're not mainstream i'am SURE a song would be cheap;)

1 Cannibal corpse - Scattered Remains, Splattered Brains
Put Them To Death
2 Bolt Thrower - eye of terror
world eater or
Icon or cenotaph
ritual
3 Pungent Stench - Viva la Muerte
Why Can the Bodies Fly[another fav:D]
4 Slayer - angel of death
Raining Blood
Die By The Sword
At Dawn They Sleep
5 Venom - Blood Lust
Sacrifice
Countess Bathory
Don't Burn the Witch
6 Hellhammer - triumph of death
7 Godflesh - Locust Furnace
Suction
Tiny Tears
8 Grave - Into the Grave
Haunted
Judas
Bullets Are Mine
9 Entombed - Left Hand Path
Evilyn
Sinners Bleed
Hollowman
10 Celtic Frost - Dance Macabre
Suicidal Winds
Return To The Eve
11. Carcass [TOO many to mention by this band;)]

there are alot more but i can't remember them all,it's been a long time since i listened to this:D

!? I never saw these names before, which album they belong to?

Katen
21st Jul 2003, 02:34
beats me:confused: