PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XIII Prequel

member_10483238
18th Feb 2013, 16:09
If SE will actually take these threads seriously, I hope they make a FF13-0 based on the War of Transgression and staring Fang and Vanille
It can be a hand-held for the VITA if they wanna save on money
personally, I'm far more willing to buy a game staring those two than the new Lightning Returns

Persiangato
18th Feb 2013, 20:21
Since we're sharing opinions, I hope Square Enix lets the FF13 series get some rest and move into developing and publishing some new titles and IPs.

Grimoire
19th Feb 2013, 01:13
[ANY CHANCE SE ACTUALLY READ AND CONSIDERS THESE THREADS SERIOUSLY ?]

Yes. Feedback is always welcome.

moooka
19th Feb 2013, 03:09
I think Square Enix confirmed there will be no more Lightning games after LR. They may make more Fabula Nova Crystallis games (like Versus XIII) though.

destruction7
19th Feb 2013, 10:21
Final Fantasy versus 13 wasn´t supposed to be Final Fantasy 13 sequel? too? so we would see Lightning again.

Grimoire
19th Feb 2013, 10:30
Although the FFXIII main series and Versus share the same mythology, they take place in two completely unrelated worlds (just like TYPE-0).

Shepard30
20th Feb 2013, 19:45
No they don't pay atention or at listen who wants to bet SE will release another FF about Serah and Noel.

elsonSCCP
20th Feb 2013, 23:39
After what i see happens on Sony conference i think that nohttp://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-undecided.gif...

neuropunk
14th Mar 2013, 11:21
[ANY CHANCE SE ACTUALLY READ AND CONSIDERS THESE THREADS SERIOUSLY ?]

Yes. Feedback is always welcome.

Except when it's negative, right? I mean, you deleted and closed my thread because I have nothing but negative things to say about the FFXIII series. Gotta shut the naysayers up, right? I mean, you guys can't have people knowing how mediocre and piss poor quality the Final Fantasy XIII series is, right? FFXIII-2 sold like 1/3 that of FFXIII, so I am crossing my fingers that LRFFXIII sells 1/3 of FFXIII-2, so your company can end this mediocre series. I seriously wish SE would go back to what made FF good in the first place. Turn based ATB combat, controlling EVERY party member, world map, controllable airship, etc. Not sure why anyone would ever think that loss of control in a game would make it better. The XIII series sucks.

Your company has ruined my once favorite, once beloved video game franchise of all time. Final Fantasy used to be special to me, before your company ruined it.

You gonna delete this post too?

Grimoire
14th Mar 2013, 12:06
Negative feedback is just as welcome as positive feedback, yes.

[neuropunk]'s thread was removed since it violated the [General Forum Guidelines (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139233/29068965/General_Forum_Guidelines)].

[Introduction of your Forum Mythril Users (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139233/29148859/Introduction_of_your_Forum_Mythril_Users?post_id=528786025#528786025)]

destruction7
15th Mar 2013, 12:49
Any chance of say something serious! and on Square Enix! don´t waste a golden opportunity like that! In Japan we can´t nothing!.

destruction7
21st Mar 2013, 10:06
Would you like play a Final Fantasy 13 prequel?

member_10144596
21st Mar 2013, 14:05
Yes. Yes I would. Especially if it was a travelable world like in classic FF games.

katsutoshi
21st Mar 2013, 14:14
Yes.

Travelable worlds, new characters with events who link them to the events of the FF 13...

Soapstone
24th Mar 2013, 11:11
If SE will actually take these threads seriously, I hope they make a FF13-0 based on the War of Transgression and staring Fang and Vanille
It can be a hand-held for the VITA if they wanna save on money
personally, I'm far more willing to buy a game staring those two than the new Lightning Returns

I agree! I feel after completing ff13-2 that it was a complete waste of time! They should have left FF13 alone and gave us the precursor, which tells us about the war of transgression and give us actual character background on vanille and fang. Starting with the events of the becoming l'cie and branding and ending with their crystalization and being pulled up into cocoon in the falcie vestige.

Instead they ruined a bittersweet ending by adding 13-2 and lightning returns and running the ff13 storyline into the ground.

Invicta_Caelus
24th Mar 2013, 11:58
Judging from the little I've seen, I do think that square enix looks at these threads. However, since there is a lot of passion and criticism in almost every one of them, it becomes unfeasible to make everyone happy and still run a successful business. Many ideas may be mined from the forums and other feedback, but there is always the hurdle of what can actually be done as opposed to what would be nice to get done.

Aside from that, there is only so much lamenting that people can hear before they need to listen to more positive feedback. Not to condemn or excuse any behaviour, that is just how people work. And understanding that is where effective communication begins.

It is obvious that the company's understanding of the FF series has changed since the days of the early games. I'm personally wanting things to be a bit different as are many. But from what I understand, the company sees it's self in a bit of a tough spot. Needing to grow and not having the resources or the perspective to make it happen in a way that lines up with the following their business has built. They are trying to move forward without trying to move back to some people that worked on the better titles. Thus to the fans, it seems like the company is putting out games while sitting in a foggy purgatory. While in contrast, the company sees it's self moving forward clearly, at least on a team level.

The only short term relief that can be applied to any of this is feedback on the feedback that is given. Even just to say that something has been noted and/or looked at. It does wonders for moral to know that someone has actually looked at what you've posted. I understand that there is a small staff dedicated to the forums and being largley active would require more than is at the teams disposal, it's just a thought I wanted to share.

CocaineCowboy777
24th Mar 2013, 12:05
SE NA May look at these threads, but doesn anything actully happen? Most likely not.

destruction7
24th Mar 2013, 13:38
Final Fantasy X remake thread say something very different!.

Mad_Angel
25th Mar 2013, 13:22
Final Fantasy X remake thread say something very different!.

Yeah but HD remasters are easy and cheap to produce. Oh and their profit margin is huge. So I would say SE "listens" if their risk is low and the expected profit is high.

But for a company that publicly says "Feedback is appreciated" and "we listen to fans", SE sure has a bad history of ignoring our suggestions for the past 7 years. For instance, where is vsXIII? Or Type-0? Or KH3? Well if in 10 years SE finally releases any of these games I only hope SE has the decency to recognize their stubbornness because if SE actually brags about how they listened to the fans that is just outright lying...

saki.a.watari
31st Mar 2013, 20:37
Square looks through this stuff, but they probably don't care. Lets face it, if fan opinion mattered that much, we would not be on FF 13 82 over here, there'd be an HD remake of FF7, and we'd at least have some news -any news- about Verses. They seem to listen unless what you have to say could inconvenience someone.

Seriously... where is vs XIII? Come on, throw me a bone here. I'd be willing to buy a ps4 for that game but I don't know what console to save up for if I don't even know where the game is going!

FatSqueek
31st Mar 2013, 20:43
They don't nor should.

Popcicle
2nd Apr 2013, 12:01
We take all feedback seriously, positive or negative.

This feedback is provided to all necessary parties, not just those who work in the NA office, though even spreading it around here means quite a lot, so don't underestimate that impact.

Thank you all for your feedback, each and every day!

2nd Apr 2013, 12:20
it's quite impressing SE staffs are replying on this topic. It's a good thing I guess.

but ff fans, I think we all had enough on sequels...

Keyblade22
2nd Apr 2013, 12:28
that is great to hear if they take all feedback seriously becuase my petition to have kingdom hearts 1.5 remix to come out on xbox 360 as well has received over 50 signatures and there are plenty of people on the kingdom hearts page,twitter and many other social sites that want this to happen that havent signed the petition yet so if theyre taking that feedback as well thats great.

www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-en... (http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-enix-co-make-kingdom-hearts-hd-collection-come-out-on-xbox-360-as-well)