PDA

View Full Version : what exactly is kingdom hearts?

tyler.brisbee
20th Mar 2013, 21:15
What exactly is Kingdom Hearts? Is it inside of Sora? Is this where the final battles and the beginning of the games take place? What is the connection between Kingdom Hearts and the Keyblade? And why does everyone want Kingdom Hearts? For the Keyblade?
Food for thought.

explodingbullet
20th Mar 2013, 23:36
What exactly is Kingdom Hearts? Is it inside of Sora? Is this where the final battles and the beginning of the games take place? What is the connection between Kingdom Hearts and the Keyblade? And why does everyone want Kingdom Hearts? For the Keyblade?
Food for thought.

kingdom hearts is a game surounding in a lot of mysteries each revealed in time first things first in the begining there was light everyone loved the warmth. basked in it, enjoyed it, loved it. though some wanted to take it for themselves, thus darkness in the heart was born. whith every passing day the light was threatened only saved by the keepers of the light-keyblade weilders from the realm of light- in the end a war broke out for the light between the light and dark keyblades known as the keyblade war.in the end the war was just a puppet show for the ultimate blade the x-blade. thus the light broke into 7 and stowed away in the hearts of children known as the princesses of heart. and kingdom hearts is the prelude to a second war on the virge of its beginings between seven lights and thirteen darknesses. the rest is up to you play the game (even though its like watching fooly cooly) wathc listen learn.

Ryutim
21st Mar 2013, 01:39
I think he meant, "What is Kingdom Hearts?", as in, the place/thing that Xehanort is trying to unlock by attempting to recreate the X-Blade, and the answer is, well, we don't really know. We know a lot of mythology about it from the game, but it's really more poetic than it is informative. If you want to go through the mythology, I'm sure you can look it up on google, but I don't remember it, word for word, right off the top of my head. We know that Kingdom Hearts holds great power, and that power will supposedly allow the person who uses it to recreate The World in his image, but we don't actually know whether this is actually fact, or just an exaggeration of myth and legend (even within the context of the game, we aren't always sure what's real and what's not, like how we can destroy people several times over, and still have to kill them again, and again, and, well, you get the idea). I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but there just isn't a definate answer to your question, at least, not yet.

member_10061187
21st Mar 2013, 05:41
Clearly, Kingdom Hearts is light! :P

I've found the fan based Wiki having a ton of information making KH (the place) earier to understand. Basicly it's like the concept of "heaven" and "The Prize" from Highlander put together, with the twist that Kingdom Hearts (the location) can be tainted. It's believed that the "heart of all worlds" (whatever entiy or power that created the universe, planets, and people) resides in KH. (As mentioned in the first game, as you lock the worlds that have been "reconnected" to KH, which was giving power back to Ansem.)

I hope the later games better describe the actual power of KH, but this tidbit from Birth by Sleep might be helpful:

"Kingdom Hearts could be described as an aggregate of hearts. Worlds, too, have hearts, just like people; each world's heart is concealed from sight, beyond a hidden door. By gathering all the hearts of all the worlds in a single place, one may complete Kingdom Hearts." - Xehanort's Report III

Deffinately check out the KHwiki though, I really didn't love the series until reading more into background info and really getting deep into it's lore. Now it's one I've just about played everygame and followed thoughout! :)

destruction7
21st Mar 2013, 05:52
More simple is just a history nothing else!.

Ryutim
22nd Mar 2013, 20:49
Clearly, Kingdom Hearts is light! :P

I've found the fan based Wiki having a ton of information making KH (the place) earier to understand. Basicly it's like the concept of "heaven" and "The Prize" from Highlander put together, with the twist that Kingdom Hearts (the location) can be tainted. It's believed that the "heart of all worlds" (whatever entiy or power that created the universe, planets, and people) resides in KH. (As mentioned in the first game, as you lock the worlds that have been "reconnected" to KH, which was giving power back to Ansem.)

I hope the later games better describe the actual power of KH, but this tidbit from Birth by Sleep might be helpful:

"Kingdom Hearts could be described as an aggregate of hearts. Worlds, too, have hearts, just like people; each world's heart is concealed from sight, beyond a hidden door. By gathering all the hearts of all the worlds in a single place, one may complete Kingdom Hearts." - Xehanort's Report III

Deffinately check out the KHwiki though, I really didn't love the series until reading more into background info and really getting deep into it's lore. Now it's one I've just about played everygame and followed thoughout! :)

Actually, it was later discovered that the Kingdom Hearts that were made out of people's/world's hearts don't create the true Kingdom Hearts, and that the only way to unlock the real Kingdom Hearts is to recreate the X-blade, but honestly, that just makes it even more confusing.

edward.busch.18
23rd Mar 2013, 03:21
I believe Xehanort got the right formula but has the wrong exacution he needs 13 darknesses and 7 lights for the formation of Kingdom hearts by lore its suppose to be the epicenter of ALL the worlds and if you can obtain it then you become something MORE then mortal reshaping the worlds.... Im thinking splitting one heart (Xehanort) into 13 wont unlock the TRUE KH you really need 13 FULL dark hearts and the 7 princesses of pure light

Ryutim
23rd Mar 2013, 19:08
Maybe, but maybe not, we don't actually know what the fine print is concerning this, or even if there is any fine print at all, so it's possible that filling the basic requirements will work, and if you'll recall, hearts don't stay split into pieces, they grow back, even if there isn't a heart for them to grow back from (like how the nobodies get their hearts back), so it might work, and although we don't actually know if the 7 lights have to be the princesses of heart, it's likely that they'll be lending their strength anyway, if only indirectly (apart from Kairi, who will actually be fighting).

edward.busch.18
23rd Mar 2013, 19:11
yeah, true Nobodies get thier hearts back...but im still wondering how Xehanort is tossing pieces of his heart all over creation? most people keel over

Ryutim
23rd Mar 2013, 19:39
Well, I'm not entirely sure how he does it, but when he took control of Riku, he left his "shadow" on Riku's heart, so maybe he leaves an imprint of himself in the darkness of the person's heart, and once the darkness takes over, that shadow molds the person in Xehanort's image.

edward.busch.18
23rd Mar 2013, 20:05
OR Xehanort's going for the true definition of "Heartless"

destruction7
23rd Mar 2013, 20:10
People is just a beautiful story! You are increasing alot!

This what i know about Kingdom hearts:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts)

edward.busch.18
23rd Mar 2013, 21:01
Ok instead of listening to us or reading words my best Suggustion is play the first 3 games.....or wait for the 1.5 Hd remake...its Worth the money AND if your into Action./ Roleplaying games then you absulutly have to try them out

Grimoire
24th Mar 2013, 03:40
Read #1 (and #3), silvergol. The question is not: "What is the KINGDOM HEARTS franshise?", but "What is the true entity of Kingdom Hearts/the world where the games take place?". There are currently no entirely wrong answers to this question, so why not give it a shot yourself?