PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 3 and Final Fantasy 6 difference?

destruction7
19th Mar 2013, 14:11
Someone help? appreciated!

daniel.
19th Mar 2013, 14:49
From what I understand, the Japanese "FF6" is the American "FF3" (they are the same game, but different titles - probably due to the fact that more FFs came out in Japan than were released here[?]).

alanman178
19th Mar 2013, 21:06
Squaresoft named JP FF4 "FF2", and JP FF6 "FF3" in the US because they didn't want to confuse us. FF1 didn't make it over here until 3 years after its JP release. Squaresoft had already made two more games in that period of time. I don't think the company had the cash at the time to give us all of the titles. I think they just gave us what they could. I just know that they wanted to avoid confusing us at the time. lol

Altimaomega
19th Mar 2013, 22:57
You make it sound like they was just pumping out the final fantasy games, when actually... i hope u realize the reason its called Final Fantasy to begin with.. In case u dont it was nintendo's supposed last game before bankrupcy and it happened to be a fantasy game. I say Nintendo but it could of been the original "Square" been a few decade's..

moooka
20th Mar 2013, 10:00
FF1 = released in Japan and North America

FF2 = originally JPN only

FF3 = originally JPN only

FF4 = released in Japan as FF4 and in North America as FF2 (only the SNES version)

FF5 = originally JPN only

FF6 = released in Japan as FF6 and in North America as FF3 (only the SNES version)

From FF7, they were given the same number in all regions.

destruction7
25th Mar 2013, 14:11
Thanks everyone!