PDA

View Full Version : LOK Fan Fiction Results!!!

Chris@Crystal
18th Feb 2003, 21:12
Hello all,
The waiting is finally over.
Thanks to all that entered the LOK Fan Fiction contest. It was very difficult deciding the winners, but here they are:

First place goes to:
The Mistake by Binky - Soul Reaver 2 Crew T-Shirt

Second place goes to:
Legacy of Kain: Dark Omen by Savage590 - Blood Omen 2 Strategy Guide signed by the BO2 team

Third place goes to:
One Mistake too Many by Riovanes - Soul Reaver 1 poster

Fourth place goes to:
Sins of a Savior by Lady Kreliana - Soul Reaver 1 Stand-up

and Fifth place goes to:
A Matter of Time by Ardeth Silvereni - Soul Reaver 2 giant promo box

also some smaller prizes for the next top 5:
6th - Kain's Empire by Preacher - Soul Reaver Soundtrack
7th - Final Knight by Drew Chant - Soul Reaver Soundtrack
8th - Kain's Progeny by Dago - Soul Reaver Soundtrack
9th - What Price Death by Chuffy - Soul Reaver Soundtrack
10th - Destiny by Reaper007 - Soul Reaver Soundtrack

I've just managed to get a hold of some additional Soul Reaver Soundtracks. So the rest of the contestants in the Fan Fiction contest will also receive a soundtrack. Here are the rest of the contestants in no paticular order:
Untitled Fan Fiction by Devil You Know
Legacy of Kain: White Lightning by Almiras_silverwolf
Successions of the Past by Dragonkid
Legacy of Kain: A Time Streamer’s Tale
Wraith Prelude to Dark Chylde by Plink
Vampire Hunter by Blaze7
Damed One by Ranmyaku
Shrouds of Grey by Raz
Dawn of an Empire by Wise Man Domingo
Raziel’s Past by Rahab_fan

Once again, thanks to all who entered. The winners need to e-mail me with their mailing address so I can send off the prizes.
Also a special thanks to all our judges. :)

~Chris
Crystal Dynamics
cbruno@crystald.com

Esoteric
18th Feb 2003, 21:15
Congratz to all who entered and a special gratz to those that won! Good job, people. :D

Wise Man Domingo
18th Feb 2003, 21:25
Heh, guess I didn't make the cut. Ah, well. Congrats to those who won!!

Hey, Rio, your "crap" story (as you called it) made third place. :D

THE WISE MAN HAS SPOKEN!!!

Riovanes
18th Feb 2003, 21:30
Huh... Not bad for two hours' work.

Good job everybody! And a special congrats to Binky! Expect me at your house within hours to steal your shirt from you.

BAH!!!

blaze7
18th Feb 2003, 22:01
Isn't the Soul Reaver soundtrack better than the Soul Reaver poster?

Dragonkid
18th Feb 2003, 22:36
A major congratulations to all who won! :D

Chris@Crystal
18th Feb 2003, 22:54
Hey Blaze7,
The Soul Reaver poster is very limited. There were never offered to the public. The Soul Reaver soundtracks were free to anyone who pre-ordered SR2 I believe. If any of the winners want to trade prizes after they receive them, fine with me. :)
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

Plink
18th Feb 2003, 23:24
Congratulations everybody!! *grins* See Riovanes? *laughs*

Plink
18th Feb 2003, 23:36
Actually, just because I didn't get a place, doesn't mean I'm not writing the story in full. Of course, most of the theories and what not will be wrong, but hey :D
I should have realised that original characters are hated by everyone *giggle* so I'll just have to work on more. *takes out her notepad and starts to scribble*

Bwahahahahaha ^^

Umah Bloodomen
19th Feb 2003, 00:24
**coughcoughEDITcoughcough** :p

Lady Kreliana
19th Feb 2003, 03:07
All right! I can't believe I placed. :D Sweet!

Azrael
19th Feb 2003, 03:59
Congrats everybody.

dago
19th Feb 2003, 06:18
AWESOME!!!

a soundtrack!!!

well done everyone!!!

THANX!!

DarkWraith
19th Feb 2003, 19:24
Way to go everyone who won!!!
DW :D

Reaper007
19th Feb 2003, 19:24
would it be possible to post a image of that poster?

Reaper007

Chris@Crystal
19th Feb 2003, 19:45
The poster that Rio won is this image with some text and screenshots at the bottom. It is a bit big to try to scan it. :)
http://www.eidosinteractive.com/gss/legacy/original_soulreaver/images/wallpaper2_thumb.jpg

~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

Riovanes
19th Feb 2003, 19:55
Originally posted by Chris@Crystal
The poster that Rio won is this image with some text and screenshots at the bottom. It is a bit big to try to scan it. :)
http://www.eidosinteractive.com/gss/legacy/original_soulreaver/images/wallpaper2_thumb.jpg

~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

Bwa-ha-haaaa! Most excellent. I shall put it up on my back wall, so you HAVE to see it's glory when you walk into my dorm.

BAH!!!

Umah Bloodomen
19th Feb 2003, 23:11
I just received an email from Binky.

Apparently she has not been able to post properly since December, hence why you haven't seen her respond to the contest yet. She wishes to congratulate the other winners and the judges for taking the time to read the entries.

With any luck, we will see her post again soon!

blincoln
19th Feb 2003, 23:18
All of the prizes are rad. Congratulations everybody =).

Morte
20th Feb 2003, 00:31
Let me just extend my congratulations to everyone who won, I am sure you will enjoy your prizes.

Chris@Crystal
20th Feb 2003, 02:04
Hello again,
I've just managed to get a hold of some additional Soul Reaver Soundtracks. So the rest of the contestants in the Fan Fiction contest will also receive a soundtrack. Here are the rest of the contestants in no paticular order:

Untitled Fan Fiction by Devil You Know
Legacy of Kain: White Lightning by Almiras_silverwolf
Successions of the Past by Dragonkid
Legacy of Kain: A Time Streamer’s Tale
Wraith Prelude to Dark Chylde by Plink
Vampire Hunter by Blaze7
Damed One by Ranmyaku
Shrouds of Grey by Raz
Dawn of an Empire by Wise Man Domingo
Raziel’s Past by Rahab_fan

Please e-mail me with your mailing address so I can send you a soundtrack. Just my way of thanking everyone for entering.

~Chris
Crystal Dynamics
cbruno@crystald.com

Esoteric
20th Feb 2003, 02:10
hehe... that's so cool, hon! Though the mailing of all that will be err... fun. :p Good luck there, haha! Anyways, I think it's awesome that you found some soundtracks for everyone, they deserve it. :D Once again, congratz and thanks to the judges too! *hugs all around*

Reaper007
20th Feb 2003, 04:59
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
I just received an email from Binky.

Apparently she has not been able to post properly since December, hence why you haven't seen her respond to the contest yet. She wishes to congratulate the other winners and the judges for taking the time to read the entries.

With any luck, we will see her post again soon!

hey umah, the prob may be that that the privacy settings have to be set to low in the internet settings, took me a few minutes to figure that out a while back.

Reaper007

Lady Kreliana
20th Feb 2003, 07:19
Originally posted by Riovanes
Bwa-ha-haaaa! Most excellent. I shall put it up on my back wall, so you HAVE to see it's glory when you walk into my dorm.

BAH!!!

I'm still thinking of what I should do with my standup. It'll definitely spruce up this ugly, Barbie pink dorm I live in.

Plink
20th Feb 2003, 10:13
*eyes grow very, VERY wide*
I am not worthy...
*bows to Chris* Thank you ever so much...

*runs around and hugs all the other writers again* Yaaay!!

Riovanes
20th Feb 2003, 15:33
Originally posted by Plink
*eyes grow very, VERY wide*
I am not worthy...
*bows to Chris* Thank you ever so much...

*runs around and hugs all the other writers again* Yaaay!!

You are so worthy, Plink - dun be a dummy-dummy.

And what is it with me and hugs in the past few days? Between Plink here and some of my female friends on campus, I think I'm just about hugged-out! :D

BAH!!!

Rahab_Fan
20th Feb 2003, 16:16
hey congradulations guys.

blaze7
20th Feb 2003, 22:04
Woah firstly Well Done to everyone! us LoK fans sure do know how to write and have fun!

And also BIG thanks the Chris who is giving everyone who entered a Soundtrack Woah!

I never won anything in my life so Cheers!

Wise Man Domingo
21st Feb 2003, 13:26
Will there be similar contests in the future? 'cause if there is, you can count me in!!!

Riovanes
21st Feb 2003, 13:29
I'm thinkin we oughtta give the whole contest idea a rest for a while. If they decide to do another, they'll do one - and if not, then they won't. Simple as that.

BAH!!!

Wise Man Domingo
21st Feb 2003, 13:58
HOLD THE PHONE!!!! I GET A SOUNDTRACK?! SWEET!!!! I'll e-mail my address to you when I get home (I'm using a school computer right now and cannot access my hotmail account from here, and I technically shouldn't be posting right now... better log off)

Nice consolation prize, if i do say so myself. :D

BTW, I re-read my story (Dawn of an Empire) and noticed that it needs some, er, improvements. So, I am rewriting the whole thing from scratch. On paper, that is, seeing as how the only reason I've been able to go online is these wonderful computers they have in school. :) The Prologue is finished, and on 8 x 11 in. college-ruled paper it is... twelve pages long. The old one was one page. This'll take a while...

Dylan
21st Feb 2003, 18:47
Very cool, congratulations, everyone!

Ardeth Silvereni
21st Feb 2003, 20:46
Wow! :eek:
I'm really surprised that my short story came fifth. It generally followed established events, so I knew I couldn't get too many points for creativity. ;)

Well done everyone, especially Binky! :D

Scathach
21st Feb 2003, 21:11
Woah! Hey, congrats all you crazy people. Shame I join the forum too late, eh? Oh well.

dago
22nd Feb 2003, 22:57
this is soo awesome!!!

i was dumb 2 enter so early though...ahh well...

im really happy!...but to tell the truth...im a bit dissapointed...i wanted to be in the top 5:p :D :(

The Priestess
24th Feb 2003, 04:20
Congratulations, everyone!

Almiras_silverwolf
25th Feb 2003, 14:39
Sweet :) Im suprised the runners up got soundtracks, Im greatful for that. Congrats to everyone else :D twas a fun compo.

Chris@Crystal
27th Feb 2003, 21:44
Hey all,
Just wanted you to know that I have finally sent out all the prizes today. But I still have not received mailing addresses from the following:

Devil you Know
DragonKid
Sokar
Rammyaku
Rahab_Fan

If you would like your prize sent out, just send me your address to cbruno@crystald.com.
Thanks.
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

Wise Man Domingo
3rd Mar 2003, 17:50
I just got my soundtrack yesterday! Excellent prize, man, excellent prize.

Almiras_silverwolf
4th Mar 2003, 11:12
Yo Chris,
I also reccived my soundtrack yesterday, the disc art is kickin. Thankies very much :D

chuffy
4th Mar 2003, 12:08
got mine today:)
big thanks to the Butterfly Lord, Umah and all the other judges.

chuffy

Umah Bloodomen
4th Mar 2003, 12:57
You're quite welcome, chuffy. Congrats.

Plink
4th Mar 2003, 23:39
Ack! Got mine yesterday, I just haven't had time to say thank you!
So thank you for being kind enough to reward everyone.

Time Streamer
5th Mar 2003, 22:06
Congratulations to everyone who won. Even thought I was writing my fic when the contest was annouced, I didn't manage to complete it in time because I'm such a slow/lazy writer. So I posted it to the FF.net under the name TaleSpinner. The story is called Hive.

dago
9th Mar 2003, 16:22
i got mine!!!

how do i open the art? i dont have any photo shop programs:eek: :mad: