PDA

View Full Version : FF6 Remake?

member_10803802
6th Jun 2012, 18:25
I was just curious if anyone else heards about the remake of VI and V for the 3DS?

I loved V, but honestly I'd be so excited to go around in magitech armor in 3d, save espers, and hear that psychotic laugh again, as long as it wasn't femmie XD

member_10076961
6th Jun 2012, 20:20
I would love to see a remake of them for the 3DS, never heard anything about it, but maybe it is true. But they have already been remade several times over already.. But guess we'll find out later

ilikeikeilikeik
6th Jun 2012, 21:51
No, but a little bird told me that FFIII DS was being ported to the PSP.

Persiangato
6th Jun 2012, 22:53
Haven't heard of anything like this, but I'd be more than happy to pick it up. It would be a good excuse to play through FFVI again.

Pikachu
7th Jun 2012, 14:51
I thought that we would be hearing about V getting a remake at E3 but apparently not. Hopefully, we'll be getting a remake this year and a remake for VI on its 20th anniversary.

mishraptor
11th Jun 2012, 00:42
i heard the same rumor a long time ago while searching for versus info. Both V and VI were to be released on 3DS, though i havent seen anything more recent about it that looks legit. VI is one of the best FF series to me, i would love to see what they could do with some of the storyline scenes, shadow, Terra, and Kefka would be great to see in the modern graphics SE can provide.

Summoner
11th Jun 2012, 09:47
Well you could buy VI from the PSN and port it to your PSP/V. It's still the classic game but it's still great.

mishraptor
11th Jun 2012, 11:53
agreed :)

Jackstin
11th Jun 2012, 13:29
Simple enough question here, if they were to re-release Final Fantasy VI, would you prefer a remaster like Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection, or a 3D remake like Final Fantasy IV DS? I will assume the later would be for 3DS simply because they admitted they were talking of remaking V and VI but couldn't due to the limits of DS, and were eyeing up 3DS.

I would prefer a High-Res remix, simply because I do not like Square Enix's voice acting, particularly for budget handheld releases, I think it would kill the vibe. It would feel like Dissidia to me. I also reaaaallly rate FFIVs latest (and hopefully final) remake.

What about you?

tiaeltaru
11th Jun 2012, 13:55
Both.

linklaruso
11th Jun 2012, 14:19
I would prefer either a High Res remix, or a full Console remake. My problem with Final Fantasy III and IV DS was that I feel it failed to incorporate the seriousness of the story by presenting in bobble-head 3D graphics. I understand the intention to hark to the sprites, but the 2D sprites did a much better job of feeling real, and serious. Especially in Final Fantasy VI, where emotions became very well expressed by the sprites. Looking over shoulders, looking down, crouching. Moving to 3D opens a can of worms, because you are introducing more detail. You have to make the most of the method you choose, and if you pick to go 3D, you need to either you do it to it's fullest, or not at all. Making the technique an effective story telling feature is important, and it can't compromise the look and feel of the original. Final Fantasy is known for doing the best of it's time. By creating Final Fantasy IV the way they did visually, I felt like it not only lost its seriousness because of the goofy visuals, but also didn't do the sprites justice by taking full advantage of what 3D graphics has to offer. I think the point where expression of character started to shine was with Final Fantasy VIII and later. By incorporating CGI scenes with beautifully rendered and realistic characters, I think it's only fair the 3D graphics mimic a realistic body shape.

Please, Square, when the day comes to re-make Final Fantasy VI, I implore you to take it to a higher level, and keep the dark, serious nature of the story by representing the characters in a realistic way. VI was my first Final Fantasy, and though many of us have high expectations, it's only because the standard started so high.

If I were to re-make FFVI in 3D, I loved the design of the game so much, I would almost completely make it match exactly the same as it was in 2D, down to the exact same layout of houses and the like, only making the characters FFVIII quality or better, and enhancing the details to beautiful and grungy HD, but preserving the original colors, mood, design, everything that makes the setting, story, and feeling what it is.

kingomega1
11th Jun 2012, 14:32
I Would Say Both.

member_10822883
11th Jun 2012, 18:28
I'd be perfectly fine with a 2D remaster, although I think going the Chrono Trigger route would be better than "upgrading" ala FFI, II, and IV PSP. I think a faithful port with full sound and extras intact, plus the PSone bonuses would make for a better reissue. VI's graphics are beautiful and have a very distinct style that I don't think graphical upscaling would manage to keep.

A 3D remake would make more sense- although I echo previous sentiments that it would be a poor decision to model it after III and IV DS. Rather, I'd like to see something of Dissidia quality. I think for them to be able to pull VI off in 3D, they'd have to make smart decisions with the voice acting and audio presentation; it'd be such a waste for them to upscale the graphics to 3D for the Opera to be "hummed" as it is in the SNES/GBA games, if that makes sense.

member_10822883
11th Jun 2012, 18:30
Well you could buy VI from the PSN and port it to your PSP/V. It's still the classic game but it's still great.

True. On the PS3/PSN, as an added bonus, I have yet to encounter any real lag that the PSone disc presented. The sound is unfortunately still nerfed though.

primeminister03
11th Jun 2012, 19:19
I have not personally played 6 yet. But from many people, I have heard that it is the best in the series. I would really like to play it the first time with 3D graphics and good voice acting, but it depends on how long they take in remaking it.

member_10562115
11th Jun 2012, 19:55
3D remake with no bobble heads

member_10803802
11th Jun 2012, 20:58
I have it on multiple platforms already. I was just trying to confirm or end some of the stories I've heard around the net.

ShinGundam
11th Jun 2012, 21:49
2D remake is the safest way to remain consistent with the original but i will dream big! i want Agni's Philosophy visuals.

The presentation is stunning! No bobble heads! No puppet show! No flat textures!

member_10808346
11th Jun 2012, 22:21
Considering the 3ds's capabilities compared to the original DS, I would say a 3d overhaul would be the way to go. As long as they don't go with the light, cartoonish-looking graphics they used in III and IV's remakes, I could see it working really well.

Jackstin
12th Jun 2012, 05:08
My worry is that it would end up like Dissidia. Good visuals, marred by below standard voice acting and limited vision.

ShinGundam
12th Jun 2012, 07:47
My worry is that it would end up like Dissidia. Good visuals, marred by below standard voice acting and limited vision.

When someone ask for Dissidia visuals, they usually mean that they want a full proportioned characters and world. To me, at this point Dissidia or even a XIII/XIII-2 is as cartoony/stylized as bobble heads. That is why i will stick with Agni's Philosophy visuals.

Pikachu
12th Jun 2012, 08:12
I'll take a high-resolution 2D remanstering. The graphics won't look as out of date the that way in a decade or so.

ShinGundam
12th Jun 2012, 09:36
I'll take a high-resolution 2D remanstering. The graphics won't look as out of date the that way in a decade or so.

Given the 2D FF game is "still images" unlike Mana or Chrono then i bet many will consider them outdated even among 2D games. I know people call 2D FF remakes as RPG maker games.

member_10005810
12th Jun 2012, 09:48
I personally would prefer a 3D remake like what was done with IV. I thought the remake of IV was absolutely fantastic. IV had been my absolute favorite game growing up from the time I was about four years old, until FF VII & LoZ: Ocarina of Time, and then it was a three-way tie. I felt like the remake was reliving an old story with dear old friends, but that I was getting to see them in a way I never thought I would. It was honestly magical to me.

Personally, I think it would be absolutely amazing if they did that with VI.

tiaeltaru
12th Jun 2012, 10:25
I personally would prefer a 3D remake like what was done with IV. I thought the remake of IV was absolutely fantastic. IV had been my absolute favorite game growing up from the time I was about four years old, until FF VII & LoZ: Ocarina of Time, and then it was a three-way tie. I felt like the remake was reliving an old story with dear old friends, but that I was getting to see them in a way I never thought I would. It was honestly magical to me.

Likewise, I am one who did love the bobblehead/graphical style of III and IV DS, I feel it fit with the graphical style of those 2 originally, and even IX used bobblehead type characters as a throwback to the older titles.

And even then, the 3DS is more powerful than the DS, so V/VI remakes would look better.

ShinGundam
12th Jun 2012, 11:49

Likewise, I am one who did love the bobblehead/graphical style of III and IV DS, I feel it fit with the graphical style of those 2 originally, and even IX used bobblehead type characters as a throwback to the older titles.

And even then, the 3DS is more powerful than the DS, so V/VI remakes would look better.

Actually, the bobblehead started with FF7 not FF9, the towns and area looks even more miniaturized/chibi than it is with FF9 and NPCs designed with bobbleheads from get to go.

tiaeltaru
12th Jun 2012, 11:51

Actually, the bobblehead started with FF7 not FF9, the towns and area looks even more miniaturized/chibi than it is with FF9 and NPCs designed with bobbleheads from get to go.

I know, but going from the realistically proportioned characters of VIII to the ones in IX was a throwback to the earlier titles is what I was referring to.

Jackstin
12th Jun 2012, 14:11
I also liked the bobble head type graphics, but as you know, I don't feel much effort went into FFIV DSs visuals. To me FFIXs character models looked better, because they were more detailed.

tiaeltaru
12th Jun 2012, 14:13
Well, I'd expect V and VI 3DS if it were to happen to look more detailed than III and IV DS.

Summoner
12th Jun 2012, 19:19
I can expect them doing well with either 2D or 3D. As long as they upgrade the 2D cells or 3D models.

member_10822883
12th Jun 2012, 21:34
I still don't know how I'd feel about VI's 2D artwork altered to look like I/II/IV PSP. They look fine in those games, as they would in V, but VI has such a distinct aesthetic. I'd rather they keep the graphics and just sharpen them if need be.

Agate
16th Jun 2012, 00:06
Actually, it would be best if the remake got graphic like those of FFX or better. Just think about it. It would be awesome.

Still, it should be done better than what they did on Dissidia (especially considering Kefka's voice and costumes).

Now... since making such thing would take much more work than making a new final fantasy game for the series, be sure that it wont happen.

A 2D remaster with some additional material would be the best.

member_10523116
16th Jun 2012, 07:41
I could talk about this forever...

I would be fine with either 2D or 3D. Except, I would rather it not be on the 3DS at all. I love my 3DS, but it doesn't have the screen to do 2D it's greatest justice. High resolution sprites are just unmatched. And 3D added on wouldn't do much for it anyway and would just be gimmicky for a remake of a 2D game. And it's not powerful enough to really do justice in 3D, for me at least.

So I'd either want a full 2D remake, in the vein of all the PSP remakes of I, II and IV: Complete on the PlayStation Vita (on that OLED screen... oh my...) or a full remake on next generation consoles. Preferably exclusive to PS4, but I'd doubt that at this point.

I also have worry that they'd ruin it. There are parts that would be hard to do in 3D. Like the opera scene... even simple things, like the underwater stuff, and the raft on the river. How on earth could they redo this in 3D? :/ Would it even be worth it? Do they even have the talent to pull it off?

My greatest wish for Terra, is to FINALLY see her transform into her Esper form in CG. I really hoped Dissidia would have done it, and the first sequence of Dissidia seemed to be going that way. But no, Terra activates a trap and the boys come in to save her. Instead of what I thought would happen, her flying out of there transformed in her Esper form to kick some butt. smh, missed opportunity if there ever was one.

Which of course doesn't lend well to a 2D game... but a 3D remake seems so impossible. And if it 's anything like FFIII and FFIV DS then I will throw myself off a cliff to kill myself. Unlike Celes, I won't survive. That would break my heart, because the DS remakes are terrible.

member_10523116
16th Jun 2012, 07:43
I still don't know how I'd feel about VI's 2D artwork altered to look like I/II/IV PSP. They look fine in those games, as they would in V, but VI has such a distinct aesthetic. I'd rather they keep the graphics and just sharpen them if need be.

What's the issue? They wouldn't look *EXACTLY* like those games, because FFVI is different, but those remakes are great. And they'd clearly use different art design, but the same general 'feel' as those games. I don't see it as an issue.

member_10523116
16th Jun 2012, 07:49
I'd hate it on 3DS tbh.

And based on everything I've seen, it's simply been the assumption.

member_10822883
18th Jun 2012, 21:33
What's the issue? They wouldn't look *EXACTLY* like those games, because FFVI is different, but those remakes are great. And they'd clearly use different art design, but the same general 'feel' as those games. I don't see it as an issue.

Oh see, I disagree there. I think VI is very distinct and I don't think that kind of graphical upscale would be beneficial; there's something very RPG-maker about the redone graphics in I/II/IV that I don't think would translate over well. I think it'd be an interesting venture, and I'm not against them doing something with VI, but I think a Chrono Trigger DS-style port would be better. That's all. I'm willing to be proven wrong though.

GoddessPalutena
22nd Jun 2012, 16:09
I wish it was true. I don't mind V, but I really want to play VI over and over again. It is just the best one.

member_10405584
3rd Jul 2012, 21:56
I would love a version that incorporates the SNES or PSX 2-D graphics and sound, the speed of the SNES version, and the extras of the Gameboy Advance version. I would just hope they could release it on the consoles so that it could be played on a TV, and not just a handheld's small screen. I feel like that would put the best of the best all in one package.

member_10024520
6th Jul 2012, 06:00
I would like to see a remake useing the source files from the GC vids off the PS1 disks.. just not as grainey. Improved graphics of course to fit what system it will be on. I agree it shouldn't look like the FFIII and IV DS "bobble head" ports cuz that just made its replay value not so high for me. I went back the Famicon/NES and PS1 versions afterwards. Also i didnt care so much for the updated FF I and II graphics eaither but the story kept it interesting to replay.

I didnt like the new addictions from the GBA game tho.. so keep those out X(

I have all the iterations of FFVI and i still play my SNES version the most (probly cuz it was faster, the spells werent renamed for "ja" and "ga" spells, and the dialouge was funnier imo).

A 3DS port can be made of the game but the 2D sprites would look funky since the battlescreen layout would screw that up somewhat. Mabey create the game w/ the updated graphics and when ya finish it have the SNES port (true port..sprite based and w/ original text) as a unlock or sumthing. If it were to be made for a console the same concept can be done aswell.

member_10197219
6th Jul 2012, 22:13
I've been waiting for this to come on itunes. my most cherished rpg of all time.

BlackHydra5246
8th Jul 2012, 22:17
Best FF in my opinion, totally deserves a remake even though having it portable on my GBA was a blessing also. Greatest aoundtrack ever also!!!

member_10084729
17th Jul 2012, 05:00
Hi-Res graphics? I think VI would do well if it was given the Odin Sphere/Muramasa/etc kind of hi-res upgrade. Enough detail to keep it distinct, possibly render the Amano-San take to each character and keeping it 2D.

member_10024520
17th Jul 2012, 05:54
If they wanna remake it in that style, graphic wise, they might aswell just redo it how they pulled off the 1/2 versions on PSP tbh. Not saying the graphice were horrible for those games or anything its just that it wouldnt fit as for a FF title.... atleast to me.

I can see using "Star Oceans" graphics (PS2/3 Versions) only becuase graphicly in 3D it would more then likely still keep the feel for the game. Its also probly the closest i can come up w/ on the top of my head to what the 3DS could handle. Vita would more then likely handle the PS3 grade graphics or atleast close to it. Console versions would be PS3/360/Wii(U) quality ofcourse.

Theres probly other RPG graphic styles that would end up fitting alot better but i dont wanna see a 2D sprite on a 3D based background. It would lose the feel of the game.

Man all this talk im diggin my copy back out and playing it again XD

magnaderalpha
5th Jan 2013, 11:12

When someone ask for Dissidia visuals, they usually mean that they want a full proportioned characters and world. To me, at this point Dissidia or even a XIII/XIII-2 is as cartoony/stylized as bobble heads. That is why i will stick with Agni's Philosophy visuals.

A FFVI remake with the graphics of Agni's Philosophy for next gen would be WONDEROUS, though I would wonder if anything like that is even possible. I'm still on the fence in believing such a large world can be created using those graphics. The usual logical belief is that the more better the HD graphics are, the more money and time it takes to render them = streamlining production, cutting the size of content(explorable world, monsters, NPCs), and for the most part, this HAS been true(the current generation is proof of that, given that Versus is said to be aiming for a large explorable world, and is taking FOREVER to be developed). If it takes much more detail for the NEXT gen, I would think it would take LONGER to develop something the size of FFVI's world(or worlds, given both World of Balance AND World of Ruin would have be rendered). And to be quite blunt, I have intentions in playing a beautiful remake of FFVI if it means linear corridors galore.

moooka
5th Jan 2013, 14:50
Any remake would be great.

seanrothrock
19th Jan 2013, 20:35
I believe that Square-Enix sees Final Fantasy VI as a huge money maker and will eventually build a remastered game on many platforms. They were very successful with Final Fantasy IV when it hit the portable platforms and I am on the edge of my seat for the remake of Final Fantasy VI. I can just envision how the game would entail every characters' part, the dramatic change of the world by the goddess statues, the espers, and the malevolent Kefka. Not to mention the remake of the Ultima Weapon (the sword) !!

moooka
20th Jan 2013, 00:35
Well considering they released FF1 to 4 on iOS and already announced that 5 will follow, I expect 6 to be released after that. Hopefully a new version with new sprites.

keikoku01
18th Feb 2013, 03:43
I prefer to see high res 2D in PS Vita or PSP. I really dissappointed in the remake of FF3 and FF4 in 3D because the character is chibi look like.

keikoku01
18th Feb 2013, 03:47
I hope they remake it in PSP or PSVita with 2D high resolution, bonus dungeon, FMV from anthology, and script from advance version

Exentryk
19th Mar 2013, 03:38
Would you like to see this? SE is going to show a new game for the Wii U at PAX east (Boston, MA March 22-24, 2013). There is also the Game Developers Conference (March 25-29, 2013) coming up.

So, what new games from SE would you like to see?

DarkTiamatZERO
19th Mar 2013, 04:21
How about a NEW game for a change? Remakes aren't new, they're a sign of laziness and lack of creativity. Remakes also usually suck because they like to retcon important scenes that fans have memorized by heart and ingrained into their childhood (e.x. When they cut the scene where Celes was being tortured in FF6 Advance).

FF5 and FF6 will be remastered eventually anyway. It's obvious since the Game Boy Advance has been discontinued for a while now. REMASTER isn't the same as REMAKE. Remaster means that the games will be enhanced, not changed. Yeah, I would love to see them remastered again! What I really don't want to see are PS4 3D HD graphics on all of my old games. It doesn't tell the story any better and it doesn't immerse you into the world any better. It just ruins everything because they sacrifice gameplay and storytelling for graphics (see: FF13 was a disaster).

This is part of the reason why I don't want an FF7 remake like all of the obsessed fanboys out there. As much as I love FF7 and as much as it's my favorite Final Fantasy game and my favorite videogame of all time, I actually have the love, honor, and respect for it to leave it alone. Those are qualities that the fanboys sometimes lack. These games in particular aren't just games to me; they're stories. Stories need to be kept alive and intact and retold to us and then retold again to the next generation so that we can learn from them and understand and remember their life lessons. Because those are the lessons that we carry with us throughout life; lessons that aid us in improving ourselves and lead us and our children towards living better lives.

Exentryk
19th Mar 2013, 04:46
The problem with news games for SE is that they take 5+ years to make them these days. But I see your point of remakes. I guess Remastering fits better with what I'd prefer too.

Anyhow! Looks like that SE game that was coming to Wii U at PAX east is Deus Ex - www.amazon.com/DeusEx-Revolution-Directo... (http://www.amazon.com/DeusEx-Revolution-Directors-nintendo-wii-u/dp/B00BORFD9Q/ref=sr_1_70?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1363685381&sr=1-70)

FatSqueek
19th Mar 2013, 07:57
We already have enough remakes. The original is perfectly playable. In fact, I'm going through it right now.

destruction7
19th Mar 2013, 12:53
Will probably get a remake or might a new re-release.

daniel.
19th Mar 2013, 13:06
Would you like to see this?

Absolutely - as long as it retained the same sort of spirit as the original - and with the technology we currently have, it (ideally) would be like the difference between seeing something with the naked eye vs. w/ a telescope (not different in substance, just more fully visible/expressed and enjoyable).

moooka
20th Mar 2013, 06:04
This game deserves a 3D remake.

MagiusNecros
20th Mar 2013, 18:34
FF6 will suffer the same fate as FF5 as an iphone game.

Crystal_Power
21st Mar 2013, 18:24
FF6 will suffer the same fate as FF5 as an iphone game.

This is the sad truth, such great games turned into nothing more than mobile games...

Alzorath
21st Mar 2013, 20:18
Personally, while a remastering of FF6 would be interesting... I also think it would be nice to develop all the stories surrounding FF6 - I'm still bewildered by the fact that we got an FF4: The After Years, but haven't seen an FF6: Prelude (an epilogue isn't really needed, but there is so much rich ground for developing stories around many of the characters pasts, with so many well developed characters and alluded to storyarchs, there is a lot that could be done with those, without tainting the original game)

new_tradition
21st Mar 2013, 21:17
I would be all for a FFVI remake. I actually really liked the FFIII and FFIV DS games, so I would've be fine with FFVI going along the same route. Originally I worried that the game was just too big for DS, but with the 3DS out, there may be a potential platform right there. On the other hand, I loved Kefka and Terra's designs in Dissidia, so a FULL FFVI game on that level would simply be epic.

...But I'm easy to place, so a 2D facelift is fine with me too, lol. I agree with Bryan, though. Would love some kind of episodic prequel game package like the episodes The After Years have. The original game did offer some decent flashbacks for some characters, but there's always room for more ;D

(Also, I want to save Shadow indefinitely, damn it ;A; )

Exentryk
21st Mar 2013, 21:21
Given we just got FFV for mobiles, FFVI is pretty much a given now. I was wanting something more than a little touch up though.

destruction7
22nd Mar 2013, 13:47
3ds is excellent platform but until now, i just i donĀ“t have heard nothing about that;

Crystal_Power
22nd Mar 2013, 14:56
The new sprites for FFV Mobile looks very bland to me. I'm sure everyone else loves them though so I bet they'll be happy to see FFVI mobile...

Sonic0170-422647
17th Apr 2013, 04:37
ive been wanting this for years, but i dont wanna see another abomination like they did to FF IV graphically on the DS, if they are going to do a full on remake like they tried to do with FF IV then they need to make it for one or more of the following consoles, ps4, wii-U, Vita, Next-Xbox or i guess the 3DS isn't such a horrible idea (except for the low resolution 800x240 and 400x240 in 3D).

they would also have to keep the map layout 100% intact, the active battle system nearly unchanged, the story 100% unchanged, and the leveling system including magic and summons unchanged (basically like how FF IV DS did), but that's all obvious. all the mobile ones are remastered ports not remakes and I am also fully against another IOS/Android version.

Binxxy
20th Apr 2013, 18:26
I would like to see a more graphically updated version of FFVI. Add voice acting but that is it!! No adding dungeons or new side quests. No changing scenes......well ok maybe adding the option to watch the entire opera instead of how the original game skips all but the relevent action points. If this never happens I am fine with that because I still think the FFVI is the best game in the series (sorry FFVII cultists but that is my opinion). Shining it up would be nice but the game is still great all these years later.

FatSqueek
20th Apr 2013, 21:09
If they fix the Veldt and that god awful Colosseum I'll buy.

gyigyo2
22nd Apr 2013, 04:28
How about no remakes? i rather want to play a NEW FF game i belive SE can make a good FF game again with good gameplay.In a world where Magic and sciene coexist that would be great.

alanman178
22nd Apr 2013, 14:03
How about no remakes? i rather want to play a NEW FF game i belive SE can make a good FF game again with good gameplay.In a world where Magic and sciene coexist that would be great.

A lot of people want remakes of the older games because, they're not getting what they want from the newer ones. The further we get away from the older game-design, the more it is missed. If SE would've taken their customers a little more seriously over the years, they probably wouldn't have ended up in this situation of replacing a CEO and laying off a bunch of workers. I know they can't just "up and make" everything that everyone wants. But, they need to start 'somewhere' with 'something', in order to maintain customer-loyalty. The customers are just as important to the company as its workers.

FatSqueek
22nd Apr 2013, 18:24
Play Lost Odyssey or Soul Hackers pleb.

sanchezjorgep
1st May 2013, 20:58
Mobile gaming is where things are going now. FFV plays great on my touch and cannotbwait for FFVI. I hope they do the graphic style mote like the PSP remakes than FFV, but whatever works.

Soapstone
1st May 2013, 21:45
i think ff5 as a mobile game isa pathetic idea, who wants to play an old school ff game on a touch screen? they should leave the g ames on the consoles, and they should have re released it back when they were doing ff1, 2 ,3, and 4 for the psp! stupid SE has no idea how to put games out anymore, mobile isnt where it is at, people still prefer psp and vita compared to an ifone for a game like this!

i also think when they rereleased ff3ds on the psp, they should have released it on UMD in the regions outside of japan, instead of psn only, as it was part of the 25th anniversary collection, as well as giving us an inhanced 2d sprite version of the game like ff1 ff2 and ff4 got on the psp releases, as well as the 3d ds version!

Alzorath
2nd May 2013, 08:50
Truth be told... if they gave FF6 the same treatment they gave FF4 (with the after years), and put it on mobiles, I'd definitely buy it (though I'd much rather see it as a package like they did with FF4 on PSP... ) - in fact, it'd give me a reason to actually buy a phone that could run it.

Soapstone
2nd May 2013, 09:13
i am actually pretty peeved over FF5 being released on mobile only. it shoulda been a psp enhanced edition.

moooka
2nd May 2013, 18:54
Actually there are a lot of people that play games on smartphones. Square Enix knows more than us since they released many games on the App Store. I think they should continue to make games for all platforms, there's no reason not to release games for a certain platform when there's demand.

mdelbrecht
20th May 2013, 20:35
They totally should remake them on 3DS in 3D or 2D. They could then port that version if they chose to iOS and make more money like they did the others http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-undecided.gif.

apollocreed
2nd Jul 2013, 10:19
I would love to see a remaster of Final Fantasy VI using a very similar graphical style to the Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions cutscenes for both the Final Fantasy VI cutscenes and gameplay. I'm also not averse to seeing upgrades and expansions to the abilities each character has in order to balance them out and make it worth playing each character: for example, giving Edgar ammo to expend and Sabin and Cyan TP to build, letting Celes use Runic to draw and recast enemy spells, giving Setzer a wider variety of gambling abilities, like the Corsair from Final Fantasy XI. It wouldn't be out of the question to see an expanded story for the second half of the game, either. Keep all of the original elements of the story, but consider fleshing out more for the World of Ruin.

Tsuko85
2nd Jul 2013, 22:03
How about a NEW game for a change? Remakes aren't new, they're a sign of laziness and lack of creativity. Remakes also usually suck because they like to retcon important scenes that fans have memorized by heart and ingrained into their childhood (e.x. When they cut the scene where Celes was being tortured in FF6 Advance).

FF5 and FF6 will be remastered eventually anyway. It's obvious since the Game Boy Advance has been discontinued for a while now. REMASTER isn't the same as REMAKE. Remaster means that the games will be enhanced, not changed. Yeah, I would love to see them remastered again! What I really don't want to see are PS4 3D HD graphics on all of my old games. It doesn't tell the story any better and it doesn't immerse you into the world any better. It just ruins everything because they sacrifice gameplay and storytelling for graphics (see: FF13 was a disaster).

This is part of the reason why I don't want an FF7 remake like all of the obsessed fanboys out there. As much as I love FF7 and as much as it's my favorite Final Fantasy game and my favorite videogame of all time, I actually have the love, honor, and respect for it to leave it alone. Those are qualities that the fanboys sometimes lack. These games in particular aren't just games to me; they're stories. Stories need to be kept alive and intact and retold to us and then retold again to the next generation so that we can learn from them and understand and remember their life lessons. Because those are the lessons that we carry with us throughout life; lessons that aid us in improving ourselves and lead us and our children towards living better lives.

The main problem with that Alex is new comers to the FF series won't touch 1 to 9 due to the graphics,

apollocreed
3rd Jul 2013, 08:53
The main problem with that Alex is new comers to the FF series won't touch 1 to 9 due to the graphics,

This is a pretty good point, and it's one of the main reasons I want to see a graphical update / expansion to Final Fantasy VI. I think VI is the best entry in the series, when judged solely by the standards of the time when it was released, a sort of "all other things being equal" situation. And I think it's a shame that so few people, compared to the more popular Final Fantasy VII, which sort of broke the gate wide open for JRPGs in the American market, have played and enjoyed VI. I think the graphics and gameplay updates - things that might have gone into the original if not for hardware and space limitations - would go a long way in attracting anew, larger fanbase to VI.

These are some of my ideas for graphical and gameplay updates:

www.dojiggystandard.com/wiwa/ffvi.html (http://www.dojiggystandard.com/wiwa/ffvi.html)

Lemberck
14th Sep 2013, 21:24
In my opinion, FF6 is the best FF story ever made, I've never seen someone complaining about it. I'd love to see Locke, Terra, Sabin, Edgar, Celes and everyone else with the best graphic Square Enix can offer. You dont even have to change the story - it has everything , the sidestories are great! The player really get to know the origin of each character, and identify with it - that being the only FF that made me feel that way, and I've played them all.

If you really want something new, maybe add more sidestories. Oh, and maybe make it more difficult? Just my opinion. What's your idea for new things in Final Fnatasy 6?

I know if there is a remake, every FF fan will want it.

Thx for your attention!

moooka
16th Sep 2013, 10:37
It deserves a remake.

alanman178
17th Sep 2013, 00:50
I'm on board. I enjoyed FF6. It's my 2nd favorite FF game.

NinjaRob
18th Sep 2013, 04:22
I would buy it.

moooka
19th Sep 2013, 08:19
They are remaking FF4 The After Years in 3D, maybe FF6 will be next.

Tieger_85
22nd Sep 2013, 19:32
Would love that!

RickyMack
10th Oct 2013, 02:26
Apparently it's going to remove the level grinding and "update" the sprites like FF5 was "updated."

I purchased the DS Chrono Trigger remake, FF4 remake, as well as the FF4 complete collection physically and over PSN. Alternatively, I did not purchase FF dimensions nor FF5 on mobile. If the sprites will be redone using reused dimensions assets or in any quality lower than the original SNES sprites, there is no way in hell I'll be buying it on mobile. /rant

#dontbelikecapcomandhalfassthingsforcashgrabs.

moooka
10th Oct 2013, 07:41
You aren't forced to buy this, others will get it.

SuperDuperMog
2nd Dec 2013, 21:46
Hello, everyone! Let me start out by introducing myself.

I am SuperDuperMog, and Final Fantasy is my favorite game series ever. My first game was 12, which was pretty good IMO. I then moved on to playing earlier games like 7, and I was hooked. Ever since then, I have been buying as much FF as I can. When I heard rumors of a Final Fantasy 5-6 3DS remake, I was excited. I would finally have a reason to get a 3DS besides Ocarina of Time. I was pretty disappointed when I heard that the rumors were false, and that they would be making an IOS remake instead.

Now a Final Fantasy 5-6 IOS remake might sound like an okay idea, but it is not. Here are all of the reasons I feel make a 3DS remake much better.

1. Customer Satisfaction - Now there are obviously a lot of fans that want a 3DS remake. Making them happy would be very good for business.

2. A bigger profit - An IOS remake would be a lot cheaper to make than a 3DS remake, but there is still one thing to worry about: the buyers. As I said before, a lot more people want a 3DS remake than an IOS remake. Not only that, but 3DS games cost $40 opposed to the $20 IOS games. A 3ds remake would be harder to make, but it would definitely make more money.

3. IOS games crash all the time - There are a lot of people complaining about Final Fantasy IOS games crashing and them not being able to play it. That would definitely bring problems with people demanding refunds. However, 3DS games don't crash because people don't have to download them.

I also have some suggestions for remakes of Final Fantasy 5 and 6 on the 3DS:

Both:

They should both have Dissidia style graphics. People like those graphics much more than the chibi graphics of Final Fantasies 3 and 4. Besides, it shouldn't be a problem considering a 3DS is capable of having better graphics than a PSP.

There should be a special edition 3DS that includes the following: a FInal Fantasy styled 3DS, Final Fantasy 6, and Final Fantasy 5.

Final Fantasy 5:

Have a new game + mode that does the following:

Includes four bonus jobs based on jobs from other games:
Dark knight -Obtained from Wind Crystal - Based off of Cecil from Final Fantasy 4. Its default ability while having it as a job will be Darkness, and its abilities are:
Level 1: Blood Sword - Deals 80% weapon damage to absorb 20% of that from the enemy.
Level 2: Darkness - Consume 5% of Health to deal 110% weapon damage to an enemy.
Level 3: Souleater - Consume 10% of health to deal 110% weapon damage to all enemies.

Mage Warrior - Obtained from the Water Crystal - Based off of Terra/Celes from Final Fantasy 6. Its default ability while having it as a job will be Morph, and its abilities are:
Level 1: Esper's Power - Summoned monsters are 150% as effective. (This will be passive for freelancers once the job is mastered.)
Level 2: Morph - Transforms the user into an esper for a limited amount of time, doubling his/her magic power. Time depends on enemies killed like in VI.
Level 3: Runic - Absorbs all elemental damage once.

Soldier - Obtained from the Fire Crystal - Based off of Cloud from Final Fantasy 7. Its default ability while having it as a job will be Limit Break, and its abilities are:
Level 1: Limit Break LV1 - Allows somebody to use limit breaks, which is used just like in Final Fantasy 7. This contains the limit break Braver
Level 2: Limit Break LV2 - Allows somebody to use Climhazzard as a limit break.
Level 3: Limit Break LV3 - Allows somebody to use Finishing Touch as a limit break.
Level 4: Limit Break LV4 - Allows somebody to use Omnislash as a limit break.
Level 5: Break Damage Limit - The damage limit is raised to 99999. This is passive for freelancers.

Gunblade Warrior - Obtained form the Earth Crystal - Based off of Squall from Final Fantasy 8. Its abilities are:
Level 1: Trigger - Pressing the R button while attacking will have a critical hit. This is a passive ability for Freelancers once the job is mastered.
Level 2: Equip Gunblades - Allows somebody to equip gunblades. This is also passive for Freelancers once the job is mastered.
Level 3: Renzokuken - Attacks 3-5 times, and has a chance of using Lionheart. The chance to use Lionheart depends on how low the user's health is.

This New Game + mode should also have an optional superboss that will be a challenge even for people who have mastered the new jobs: Gilgamesh - After looking around the Final Fantasy universes training for when he meets Bartz again, he shows up in the Interdimensional Rift as an optional superboss. His battle theme should be the Black Mages version of Clash on the Big Bridge.

Final Fantasy 6

The battle theme for the dragons should be changed to Ultima Weapon's battle theme. I feel that would be much more fitting for 8 legendary dragons.

Final Fantasy 6 should also have a New Game + mode with the following:

Enhanced dragons that have twice as much health. They should also drop certain items.

Red Dragon: Drops a relic called Warrior's Might, which makes it to where Cyan can instantly choose his sword techniques rather than having to wait for a certain one.

Ice Dragon: Drops a relic called Esper's Power, which allows one to equip two espers instead of one to a character.

Gold Dragon: Drops a relic called Gold Belt, which turns Sabin's Blitz into a Duel Combo similar to Zell's limit break.

Skull Dragon: Drops a sword called Deathbringer, which has a chance to cause instant death to all enemies except for undead depending on how many enemies are killed by the user. (1% for every 1000)

Storm Dragon: Drops a relic called Elemental Absorption, which makes Celes' Runic ability passive and always active.

Holy Dragon: Drops a sword called Sword of the Almighty, which breaks the damage limit.

Earth Dragon: Drops an item called Quake Gears, a tool for Edgar that deals 200% regular damage to all enemies that are on the ground.

Blue Dragon: Drops a relic called Mage Artifact, which makes Terra's morph permanent in a battle.

Lets make sure Square Enix reads this post by promoting it. I really want a 3DS remake of Final Fantasies 5-6, and I hope it happens some time in my lifetime.

moooka
3rd Dec 2013, 03:47
Square Enix released many games on all platforms and they know exactly how much profit they made from them, I highly doubt they need business consulting from the fans.

And for no. 3 that is definitely wrong, I finished many mobile RPGs from Square and never had any crashes at all.

Not that I don't want to see RPGs on 3DS from them, actually I'll buy Bravely Default this week.

Sh1nRa358
7th Dec 2013, 16:03
If they remake FF6 in 3D, PLEASE don't let it have chibi graphics like FF4DS. The optimal remake would include the battle camera style of FF8/FF9 with FF12 or FFDissidia graphics. The only thing that'll need to be changed system wise is fixing all the bugs and making the game harder (like FF4). FF6 is too great for chibi graphics. Chibi graphics is what messed up the Saga DS titles. I didn't think the chibi fit well with FF4 either. Game woulda been more than welcomed if it had the cgi cutscene graphics.

yaragad
7th Dec 2013, 20:33
Final Fantasy 16 should be a Final Fantasy 6 Remake.
What do you think?
Look at this conceptual example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij5WaXjbj-8

There is also a Fan Remake BSO than can fix perfectly with the game. No need to remix the music again, as this one is perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKa47K1Rcbo

Rain_Lockhart
21st Dec 2013, 20:31
Хотелось бы чтобы сделали полноценный Ремейк Final Fantasy VI, но не с полноценным 3D, а как в случае с Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX, использовались 2D задние фоны и 3D персонажами и монстрами. Главное чтобы персонажи были сделаны не в супер деформированной стиле(CHIBI), а пропорциональными как в Dissidia: Final Fantasy. (Russian)

jordaninthesky
22nd Dec 2013, 06:17
I'm serious. I know any diehard FF fan would be willing to shell out this much for a HD remake of FFVI. Not a remake like FFIII + IV for DS/Android/etc, but like in at least a similar quality to FFX. I know that my interests typically represent a large demographic, and I would really like the support behind this to get S-E to seriously consider this.

Thanks.

Tiamod
22nd Dec 2013, 10:56
I'd love a remake, as long as

1. It wasn't half-assed
2. It wouldn't deviate from the original in terms of story
3. It would keep the FFVI style/atmosphere
4. It wouldn't turn into some crappy anime soap opera
5. Don't take away anything that was in the original.
6. No J-pop influence, please. Last thing I want is another Genesis.
7. STOP MAKING CHARACTERS LOOK LIKE BARBIES. Go for gritty realism.
8. Don't make a sequel. The fact that XV has already announced sequels has me immensely annoyed.
9. Just, please, don't make it suck.

At the same time though...I have reservations.

I mean, they turned Terra into a wimp in Dissidia.

The charm from the original would be gone. With meh voice acting.

It takes putting your heart and soul into a game to make it truly awesome. That's what makes it feel alive. I haven't felt that from FF for a long time. Kinda why like Indie games more and more these days, rather than big corporations who pump games out as cash cows.

Though, Square might be seeing that now. I mean, ARR is supposedly the best thing that has happened in years. Maybe they could make a decent remake.

Either way, I won't hold my breath. It's taken nearly a decade for XV to come out.

Vitor190
20th Feb 2014, 14:42
Well, if doesn't come as strange as the FF4 DS remake...

orsunriven
3rd Mar 2014, 23:17
I would like to see how many people would like to play FFVI on 3DS, bravely default show that they can make a great looking FF game on the 3DS, even FFV would be a great game on it, and compared to the consoles games would only cost a fraction of the price to make and sells just as well.

moooka
4th Mar 2014, 07:52
I would love to play a 3D remake of it.

Sh1nRa358
27th May 2014, 21:24
Too bad we'll never get this:

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/116/1/6/Terra_FF6___Perler___Hama_by_Xylophonia.jpg

decusq7
17th Jun 2014, 04:56
if FF6 gets a remake I want it in full 3D using the same engine as Duodecim, I do not want to see a chibi 3D sprite game like the FF3 and 4 remakes, I want full 3D in the same graphics as KHBBS or Duodecim for the Vita, not the 3DS

Arkghyom
26th Jun 2014, 21:28
The game is good as it is, it doesn't need to be tainted by using shiny graphics and smexy voices.

Atma-Weapon
27th Jun 2014, 01:39
If the 3D remake of FFIV was any indication of how a remake of this game would be, forget it. The chibi graphics and awful voice acting would really ruin it for me.

Saraqiel
7th Oct 2014, 19:34
I can take the chibi style characters, it doesn't really detract from the games themselves IMO, just don't go back to the FF7/FF8 style characters. They were bad. Long legs/arms and a small torso made them crude to look at (not that the big heads are any better). but I digress, I never had the opportunity to play FF5/6 them on past consoles and would love see the first six titles playable on the 3ds. I know FF3/4 were for the DS but It would be great to see if SE could actually stick to one console; not going to lie I would be super PO if they make the remakes for Vita. in any event PLEASE MAKE THE REMAKE FOR 3DS!!!

Phychosis
8th Feb 2015, 16:33
God I would love if they remade this for DS and then ported it to PC it was by far my fav Final Fantasy of all time back when it was called 3 on SNES 4 and 6 had the best stories and those games made me care about what happened in them. now that we have 4 on the PC i really wish they would make this one for steam as well.

HeadCrusherX
23rd May 2015, 11:49
I'm not a fan of those DS remakes. I really think it could have looked way better on ps2/ps3 those days and they still have the chance to do it for ps4, pc or xbox one

Sealbreaker
25th Oct 2015, 15:01
Yes :D I agree with the whish for a PC Version! Totally!

mike_ptbr
8th Dec 2015, 19:15
Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI may get a Remake too.
Source:
http://venturebeat.com/2015/06/17/nomura-wants-more-final-fantasy-remakes-but-not-from-the-playstation-era/
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/17/e3-2015-final-fantasy-7-wont-be-a-simple-remake-says-nomura