PDA

View Full Version : What about...?

Shadow Man
16th Feb 2003, 13:28
Every time I pick up a note or hear a little bit of a conversation I wonder, would Garret be able to sell it. I mean there's probably someone who would pay to know what Garret learned on his mission, if it affects them. I could be one of the money types in the inventory, gold, gems, goods then info. Is there anyrhing like this scheduled for Thief 3?

Bat-mite
20th Feb 2003, 21:11
I don't think anyone outside Ion Storm knows what will be in Thief III.

Danventry
22nd Feb 2003, 17:46
Maybe in some missions you could read a bit of info (like "The Thieves Guild's Blackmail" and then you could read that so and so had an affair) and the game would do Auto-Notes (like GATI) and say that the player could sell this info for a good amount of money and money would be added to what Garrett has.

Secrets Of Nosgoth
22nd Feb 2003, 21:30
Those pieces of information are what I really like about the Thief series. It rewards exploration by making the world you are in more real. I think I would really like a black market type thing in Thief 3 where you could sell information and other stuff. Or even meet NPCs in the actual levels and they tell you some other stuff you can do for them, I guess kind of like the ghost in the first Thief, I forget what mission it was called, but it was one of the funnest missions in the game because of it.

Pretty much anything that would add to the world of Thief I'm all for. Thief is all about not having to do anything, you can kill everybody or run around silently (assuming the objectives don't say otherwise). So running info from one place to another place could possibly aid you or hurt you in the future. I think that'd be cool.

SK Denton
1st Nov 2003, 17:21
Um...Garrett is a THIEF not an informant. Being hired to steal info is okay, but stealing it on your own and then hunting someone down who will buy it is stupid.

The_Insane
25th Jul 2004, 22:29
yes, garrett does everything for gold!! he's greedy, and that's why i like his style

DreXor
25th Jul 2004, 23:41
dunno think it might conflict with things, Gman is one of the most wanted people in the "kingdom" and selling info to informants to pass to other thiefs doesn't seem logical, he'd want to keep that info for himslef, to blackmail or steal himself. kind of defeats the purpose of having the info, and on top of it, his wanted status, selling the info off would just put him at a particular place at a particular time and basically finger himself for the theivery crimes that happened when such a meeting, or conversation or note was laying about...

taa2609
26th Jul 2004, 18:54
i dont like the notes. some of them are stupid. i think embers note in the first mission is an example though i cant remember exactly what it said. but basically, it said something about where the secret switch is. you wouldnt would you? you wouldnt write something like that down and then leave it on a table for any old thief to read. the cooks note might have been another one, though i have no idea what it says now (and i wouldnt want to spoil it for anyone, would i!).
does anyone reckon the switch is badly placed? as far from the vault as possible. you would need to get somebody else, who you can trust (and if i were ember i wouldnt trust anyone at that time of his life), to pull the lever while you are getting the opal. then you need to trust them not to lock you in while youre getting it. it just wouldnt happen. if you pulled it yourself, you would have to hope that nobody gets to the vault before you, which could be everyone.
ive looked too deeply into the strategy of this lever location.
tommy.

entropyltd
30th Jul 2004, 01:57
Originally posted by taa2609
does anyone reckon the switch is badly placed? as far from the vault as possible. you would need to get somebody else, who you can trust (and if i were ember i wouldnt trust anyone at that time of his life), to pull the lever while you are getting the opal. then you need to trust them not to lock you in while youre getting it. it just wouldnt happen. if you pulled it yourself, you would have to hope that nobody gets to the vault before you, which could be everyone.
ive looked too deeply into the strategy of this lever location.
tommy.

You need one of the two Rutherford Medallions to open the Vault door; the switch just opens the portcullis.