PDA

View Full Version : Paradigm Shift & Star Rating

fmflick
10th Mar 2013, 18:06
Hi, Fmflick here with a quick question for you: Snow Villiers. Commando, Ravager or Sentinel? Feel free to explain your decision. Your answers will help me on a project i'm currently doing.

Thanks!

Zench-XIII
10th Mar 2013, 19:44
Those 3 are his main roles, but his high HP (the highest of the party) makes him an ideal Sentinel. The Commando role grants him his exclusive Full ATB Skill, Sovereign Fist, while as Ravager, he focuses on Blizzard/Water spells.

KaOs514
10th Mar 2013, 20:21
Sentinel 100% best in the game

ZachiroEnigma0
11th Mar 2013, 14:01
i like his Ravager role :3 him and lightning and snow make the best 3 raver role when your trying to gget those last few percentages for the stagger x3

member_10751449
11th Mar 2013, 20:22
You probably will not get much disagreement on Snow's best role is Sentinel. Zench's comment pretty much wraps it up.

moooka
12th Mar 2013, 05:36
I almost never used Snow. But in a few boss fights, he was very useful as a Sentinel.

isntqxl
12th Mar 2013, 10:47
For Snow i used Sent but i didnt use him at all, I guess just because of preferences...

fmflick
12th Mar 2013, 16:43
Well, from what I see the answer is very clear: Snow is used to take the pressure off his team. Alright, Sentinel wins! :D I'd love to hear from people who have used Snow in other roles and how well he fared.

Zench-XIII
12th Mar 2013, 19:46
The answer lies in the purpose of the roles. As a Ravager, he builds Stagger, but Snow works best against creatures weak to Blizzard/Water. As a Commando, he's gonna punch hard enemies, and his Sovereign Fist must be used when the Stagger is about to end, since the attack resets it (Fang's Highwind works the same). As for his secondary roles, I never bothered using them, I only focused on his 3 main roles, and he did a good job, especially as the master of: STEELGUARD!

fmflick
12th Mar 2013, 20:19
Good thinking Zench. By the way, since im not completely used to FF13, can he use abilities from other roles while in a particular role. For example, can he use Sovereign Fist or Blizzard while in Sentinel mode? Thanks

Zench-XIII
12th Mar 2013, 20:40
Boy oh boy. Sentinel abilities are only used in said role and so on. You can't access to Commando skills when you're on the Medic role, for example.

fmflick
13th Mar 2013, 07:37
That's a shame. I really need Snow to do something related to Ice for my project. I guess it's alright since you can switch roles at any time in battle.

Zench-XIII
13th Mar 2013, 16:38
Related to Ice? The answer is more than obvious: Shiva Sisters.

member_10168025
13th Mar 2013, 17:07
Commando. I was pumping out some Platinum Ingot's very quickly using "Sovreign Fist."

ghei4lightning
15th Mar 2013, 17:09
If you shift paradigms in a battle more often, will that decrease your star rating?

Shadowlord6
15th Mar 2013, 19:47
If you shift paradigms in a battle more often, will that decrease your star rating?

if that were true then i would have been getting 1 star at best ..so i think that it has nothing to do with the star rating.

Shadowlord6
15th Mar 2013, 19:48

ghei4lightning
15th Mar 2013, 22:25
Yeah doesn't seem so to me either, had a friend say that to ne though so thought I would ask.

moooka
16th Mar 2013, 02:20
No, the star rating is determined by how fast you finish the battle. If you want to know the exact formula, refer to this guide: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/928790-/faqs/59246

den21
21st Jun 2013, 17:36
what do you think guys? are the stars and scores (after a battle) being saved into the save game data file? in my opinion it's not since it's affect the drops only, it's just save the new item in the inventory, but not the stars and the scores nor the time, it would be just a waste of space due to the fact that the (rare) item is the result which comes from the 5 stars and x scores and n minutes, so it's enough to save the (rare) item in the inventory then write it to file, to the save game data file and don't have to save the count of the stars and the scores after the battle nor the time, however, but that's just my theory only, what do you think about it? your thoughts?

iTables
3rd Dec 2013, 01:13
He's the best SEN even though people make fun of his Steelguard.

KrelboynekidZidane
2nd Jan 2014, 07:52
what do you think guys? are the stars and scores (after a battle) being saved into the save game data file? in my opinion it's not since it's affect the drops only, it's just save the new item in the inventory, but not the stars and the scores nor the time, it would be just a waste of space due to the fact that the (rare) item is the result which comes from the 5 stars and x scores and n minutes, so it's enough to save the (rare) item in the inventory then write it to file, to the save game data file and don't have to save the count of the stars and the scores after the battle nor the time, however, but that's just my theory only, what do you think about it? your thoughts?

It only saves your mission star rating. I could be wrong. Ive 4 starred Orphan but have not 5-starred him yet. Im not sure if there is a special incentive for 5 starring Orphan. But if you 5 star all missions you can install a theme. Its not easy 5 starring missions. Some missions require you to choose certain accessories because paradigm shifting is not enough.

All I can say is if you can kill both Neochus with their deadly picachus, consider yourself a skilled 13 gamer. Even if you only 3 starred it, you are stll pretty darn good. Ive killed both and Zero starred them. Beating them was good enough. Ive only 3 more missions. And yes, my crystarium is maxed out at level 5. You can only do this if you beat the storyline.

kadosho
25th Mar 2014, 19:24
Mastering these abilities is one thing, but wow it is so rapid paced. I am still getting adjusted to the remix of techniques on the fly. But the further the adventure goes, man does it get tougher to take on various challenges. I love it though =D