PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: Crashes, Bugs and Glitches

COERCI
8th Mar 2013, 13:59
I had a situation a week ago , I disconected while starting a VW fight. I had just clicked on the vortex when I dc'd.
Since then when I am on warrior , the same job that I was on then. I cant be cured by anyone and temporary items have no effect.
Has anyone had this type of glitch. It looks like file damage of some sort. I have used another windows xp based machine to log on with, but the same situation persists. It would appear to me that the file damage must be on SE's files on their server. The blockaid command has no affect turned on or off.Trading with others is not a problem. I would appreciate any feed back.

Grimoire
8th Mar 2013, 15:13
Submit a report of your issue to Customer Support (http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=20&la=1).

member_10501946
30th Jun 2013, 05:01
Wheni died and respawned then took a chocobo porter to a different area my sound cut out when i got off of the chocobo. Also i notice that sometimes i cant switch to other players to heal them.Unless it has something to do with them being in a party. i havnt had trouble healing anyone in my party but if i see someone in the world that needs heals this an issue.

Morgue101
30th Jun 2013, 11:47
Wheni died and respawned then took a chocobo porter to a different area my sound cut out when i got off of the chocobo. Also i notice that sometimes i cant switch to other players to heal them.Unless it has something to do with them being in a party. i havnt had trouble healing anyone in my party but if i see someone in the world that needs heals this an issue.

Post this in the beta forums, probably get the attention it needs a lot sooner.

member_10501946
30th Jun 2013, 15:33
Ok thank for the info i looked for the beta forums and couldnt find them i guess ill look a little harder

Morgue101
1st Jul 2013, 02:26
Ok thank for the info i looked for the beta forums and couldnt find them i guess ill look a little harder

Not sure if you found it yet, but the beta forum can be found here forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/forum.php (http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/forum.php)

kyojiex
17th Aug 2013, 10:11
Ive been experiencing this problem for about 12 + hours now, where as if i go to send someone a /tell it gives me the error message of being bound by duty even though i am not currently active in one. The link shell, friends list, and search functions are all also greyed out/disabled and when i actually do go to try and register/join a duty or main storyline instance, i am immediately kicked from the server with the message "cannot connect to server 9000" error. Ive tried sending in 3 help tickets (over the course of 12 + hours, of course no response or help) as well as tried clearing out my quest/duty cache to no avail. The game is now pretty much unplayable for me now. I am a lvl 16 gladiator on the Adamantoise server named Lemroth Firestorm. Is anyone else experiencing this issue and or have a fix for it? Is there a place where i can post my problem where SE might actually react to it. Any help is appreciated.

Reinharth
25th Aug 2013, 15:15
We can all agree a little in whats said that it kindof feels like another beta phase, this early acces thing.
and that you actualy had to pre-order to get the benefitt.
but we all should have understood that there would be problems. and i greatly aprechiate to get starting. like now im lvl 18 :D thats not bad is it?

well this is where the bad part starts. your not able to progres, and lvling without any quests, and without hunting log part 3? now thats where it gets difficult. but now we cant really complain about the game itself not working. since only a handfull can actualy play. great thing?
but all i ask from you people, is to try to send in all the bug reports. and annomaly'es so on. cause it will help. Alot to.
so help SE help us.

and yes. my english is far from good. but i hope people understand the point.
-Reinharth

Gomly1980
25th Aug 2013, 15:38
There are always problems, however, this is the relaunch of this game after it was critically panned on it's initial release.

They needed this to go off smoothly and not anger/annoy/upset too many people. Seems they felt doing the opposite would be a better time for all. Quite a lot of folk angry/annoyed at not getting pre-order codes. People can't get on to servers. People can't access their accounts. Problems with the game itself. More error codes flying around than bees at a honey farm. Servers going down. More bugs than the Starship Troopers trilogy ..... you get the point.

And this is just the pre-launch.

A lot of people that pre-ordered haven't even got codes so can't download the game or get patched up ready to go nevermind actually playing the game.

The servers can't handle the people they have let in so far so I think it's safe to assume that, regardless of us that pre ordered and know we won't get in before launch (or any time soon after), this is going to be an absolute nightmare on launch day when the masses have found they have bought a game and the servers keep breaking down and crying in a corner.

It's not looking good.

We've also had around 16 years of MMO launches to go off so should these problems keep happening?

Reinharth
25th Aug 2013, 15:42
There are always problems, however, this is the relaunch of this game after it was critically panned on it's initial release.

They needed this to go off smoothly and not anger/annoy/upset too many people. Seems they felt doing the opposite would be a better time for all. Quite a lot of folk angry/annoyed at not getting pre-order codes. People can't get on to servers. People can't access their accounts. Problems with the game itself. More error codes flying around than bees at a honey farm. Servers going down. More bugs than the Starship Troopers trilogy ..... you get the point.

And this is just the pre-launch.

A lot of people that pre-ordered haven't even got codes so can't download the game or get patched up ready to go nevermind actually playing the game.

The servers can't handle the people they have let in so far so I think it's safe to assume that, regardless of us that pre ordered and know we won't get in before launch (or any time soon after), this is going to be an absolute nightmare on launch day when the masses have found they have bought a game and the servers keep breaking down and crying in a corner.

It's not looking good.

We've also had around 16 years of MMO launches to go off so should these problems keep happening?

I agree, its like takinga vital blow.
i personaly ordered two FF14:ARR games cause i wanted a digital and a hard copy. i got two early acces keys and i gave it to a friend of mine who hadnt gotten his. and its sad when they cant uphold there own promises.
but as i said reporting the bugs and things you encounter can actualy mean the diffrence.

the frustration has struck me, and that multiple times. but as far as it goes i still think its a little enjoyable.

Gomly1980
25th Aug 2013, 16:24
Oh, i've no doubt the game is going to be enjoyable.

What's going on at the moment is just frustrating a bit though, it takes away from what should be a fun time for folk.

Kiritos
25th Aug 2013, 16:41
Oh, i've no doubt the game is going to be enjoyable.

What's going on at the moment is just frustrating a bit though, it takes away from what should be a fun time for folk.

agreed, I enjoy the time I can play and what the game has to offer and how it may expand but unfortunately they need to address the servers and support drastically. Simply finding an update to a problem has taken up to 10 hours before the users hear from SE :( I have high hopes it'll get better...

Reinharth
25th Aug 2013, 17:17
agreed, I enjoy the time I can play and what the game has to offer and how it may expand but unfortunately they need to address the servers and support drastically. Simply finding an update to a problem has taken up to 10 hours before the users hear from SE :( I have high hopes it'll get better...

Yeah it needs to improve theres no doubt. but like they say rome wherent buildt in a day, and this apply for this game to. eaven with 16 years experience, building and construction where developed long befor rome where actualy made, so where the tounge.

and i am werry glad to see people are enjoying this. so that i wont be alone when things actualy work well. cause it is a fantastisc game and with loads of new content.

But lets just see how things goes after this update. i belive in the developers to fix it. so lets all do it and hope for the werry best

cheesebunzUK123
27th Aug 2013, 02:25
I want to make mine to 11/11 ..... i selected 11 th of the 6th astral moon but it comes out as (10/11)...
http://i39.tinypic.com/1432hq1.jpg
and
http://i40.tinypic.com/2z9b1c7.jpg

Please resolve this error. Sorry i can't post it in the actual forums yet. So i'm posting it here.

ShadowGhosting
27th Aug 2013, 14:07
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: ffxiv.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 5215cce1
Fault Module Name: ffxiv.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 5215cce1
Exception Code: 80000003
Exception Offset: 00267f98
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Not sure if this helps to identify the issue, but this is what Windows popped out. Is it possible there are left over conflicting files from beta?

xlostsoulsx
27th Aug 2013, 16:08
Does anyone have this issue with their game crashing on pc?

anyone know why?

Masyli
27th Aug 2013, 16:44
I have the same issue. Sometimes it does it immediately when I hit play, other times it is when I am exploring.

It is particularly bad in parts of Ul'dah and Western La Noscea.

I do not know why.

graewins
27th Aug 2013, 16:49
can it be fix?

cheesebunzUK123
31st Aug 2013, 11:17
hello hello nothing is done !?

Azusa-chan
31st Aug 2013, 17:41
I finally beat this damn mission and it says to rendozous with him.....again? I don't see the prime spot either

l3lack0ut13
1st Sep 2013, 13:25
Hi all,

I don't know why, but after 30 - 45 minutes of play, final fantasy XIV makes my computer crashing and I have to reboot it.

I've seen many complains on other forum so I came here to see if there is a solution.

I already reinstalled my graphic driver and directx too... So I hope someone has an idea for that.

WelshSpeed
1st Sep 2013, 15:20
delete and reinstall game is the normal fix

l3lack0ut13
1st Sep 2013, 15:54
ok. I will try

l3lack0ut13
6th Sep 2013, 15:54
Well, I come back here with some news...

I tried to reinstall FFXIV after I made a format of my computer. Everything is clear and I still have the problem...

I tried other driver for my graphic card. Some old one which is know to be more stable but it didn't work.

I test my ram which has no error...

I reinstal the game without any program running but the games is still making my computer to crash...

Any idea plz? I rly want to play this game. :'(

hellieorama
6th Sep 2013, 16:07
Well, I come back here with some news...

I tried to reinstall FFXIV after I made a format of my computer. Everything is clear and I still have the problem...

I tried other driver for my graphic card. Some old one which is know to be more stable but it didn't work.

I test my ram which has no error...

I reinstal the game without any program running but the games is still making my computer to crash...

Any idea plz? I rly want to play this game. :'(

you didn't mention your gpu manufacturer, is it nvidia or amd? Nvidia is known to have "hiccups" with drivers, trying out beta drivers might help or going back like 4-7 versions on the drivers, always tho remember to do an clean install on the drives, so use driver cleaner program to install new old ones properly, also check your gpu/cpu temps, cpu-id hwmonitor is an easy to use & read program to check out your temperatures.

hopefully this helped you mate :)

l3lack0ut13
6th Sep 2013, 16:18
Ok I will try the beta driver... it seems it can help.

But for my temps... my comp isn't hot so I think it's not the prob... :/ Or some other game would have crashed too....

I may be back after I trie this new drivers.

hellieorama
6th Sep 2013, 17:15
Ok I will try the beta driver... it seems it can help.

But for my temps... my comp isn't hot so I think it's not the prob... :/ Or some other game would have crashed too....

I may be back after I trie this new drivers.

Good luck with them mate :) it's the smallest things that affect your computers balance, on my asus laptop, last time a started to crash to desktop and causing bsod, the culprit actually was asus webstorage program... you never know what causes these things, on my problem i spent 3 days bangin my head against the wall, trying to figure out what was causing bsod's

jayce321
7th Sep 2013, 05:05
hey my game keeps crashing randomly throughout the time I play.

sometimes I can play for 1 hour or times it crashes in 5 mins then again the same thing happens.
is there anything to stop it? is it my end or could it be at squares end?

hellieorama
7th Sep 2013, 06:50
Sorry to hear that you game keeps crashing :(

Usual steps in something like this is to check your computer for driver updates, there could be an conflict somewhere, upgrade gpu driver to
latest stable version and see if that helps, if it doesn't then try beta drivers, remember to use driver cleaner with them so you'll
have a clean base to install new gpu drivers :)

also it could be temperature related problem, for this i'd suggest using hwmonitor program from cpuid, the basic version is freen
and is capable of showing your gpu and cpu temperatures :)

hopefully this has been helpful :)

l3lack0ut13
7th Sep 2013, 13:29
Well... it doesn't work. :/

I still dunno why it crashes that way. :(

xlostsoulsx
7th Sep 2013, 13:45
Try lowering your graphics to medium. It helps my game preventing from crashing

Densel13
7th Sep 2013, 15:58
you didn't mention your gpu manufacturer, is it nvidia or amd? Nvidia is known to have "hiccups" with drivers, trying out beta drivers might help or going back like 4-7 versions on the drivers, always tho remember to do an clean install on the drives, so use driver cleaner program to install new old ones properly, also check your gpu/cpu temps, cpu-id hwmonitor is an easy to use & read program to check out your temperatures.

hopefully this helped you mate :)

This cant be more true. All my life I've used ATI cards and now that I upgraded to an NVIDIA card, I get stupid kernal crashes and all sorts of driver issues. I'll never buy NVIDIA again, I'll be going back to ATI as soon as this one dies.

jayce321
9th Sep 2013, 04:32
I have the same problem I don't know why it keeps happening!

jayce321
9th Sep 2013, 04:34
hi I have tried all the steps you have done and I still encounter the problem I don't know what else is causing it my computer is brand new also and it can easily run the game. could there be any other reason maybe?

thank you for your response

TheRealKraggy
9th Sep 2013, 07:04
Since you give us no idea what 'crashing' means, ie. you don't mention any error messages you see, it's not really possible to offer any suggestions: 'Crash' is too vague.

RichardLHT
9th Sep 2013, 19:49
so am i going to have the same thing if i visit those sites ? im going to play on ps3 .. what are you using to play ?

WelshSpeed
9th Sep 2013, 22:17
overload of to many players in one place??
i get it then.

farahabd
23rd Sep 2013, 11:12
I've been having a lot of gameplay freeze up ever since I started playing. Mighty annoying especially if I'm in a battle. Last night was the worse, 2nd dungeon - multiple freezes plus 10102, 90000 and 2002.

I've tried opening ports, filtering and as I'm typing right now, re-installing (and hoping it will work). Anyone have any suggestions?

figosaddd
13th Oct 2013, 10:11
http://image.baidu.com/detail/index?picture_id=8914794370&from=0&user_id=962316006&album_id=377067107&column=&tag=%E9%BB%98%E8%AE%A4%E4%B8%93%E8%BE%91&pn=0&is_album=1#pn0&-1&id8914794370
crafting BUG
I submitted a BUG, I found a forum where someone in China re-use a BUG, is about crafting, they can not consume any materials to produce items. This is a very sad news, seriously affecting the balance of the game.

figosaddd
13th Oct 2013, 14:26
this is a big bug ....

figosaddd
13th Oct 2013, 14:53
I submitted a BUG, I found a forum where someone in China re-use a BUG, is about crafting, they can not consume any materials to produce items. This is a very sad news, seriously affecting the balance of the game.

figosaddd
13th Oct 2013, 15:51
They get a lot of benefits with the BUG.
http://image.baidu.com/detail/index?picture_id=8914794370&from=0&user_id=962316006&album_id=377067107&column=&t

figosaddd
13th Oct 2013, 16:30
http://image.baidu.com/picturelist/getpicture?from=0&column=&user_id=962316006&album_id=377067107
1-50 only takes a few minutes
is about crafting, they can not consume any materials to produce items. This is a very sad news, seriously affecting the balance of the game.

figosaddd
13th Oct 2013, 16:35
FF14 will be closed If this BUG still exist.
look at this pic
http://image.baidu.com/picturelist/getpicture?from=0&column=&user_id=962316006&album_id=377067107

meikexi
14th Oct 2013, 08:59
file:///E:/FF%2014/20131014154402.jpg
is about crafting, they can not consume any materials to produce items. This is a very sad news, seriously affecting the balance of the game.

meikexi
14th Oct 2013, 09:04
Without a fair game, he cheated me money and time.轰的一声:

Hippy_Pickle2
14th Oct 2013, 09:31
Have you submitted this via the Lodestone forums bug section? If so then you've done all you can and it's down to the devs to resolve. As long as you don't exploit the bug yourself then you'll be fine :)

TheRealKraggy
14th Oct 2013, 09:48
Er .. what? :scratch:

TheRealKraggy
14th Oct 2013, 09:50
Oh this one, it's been known for some time, no idea what SE are doing about it.

[edit]

Actually, I think this is a new 'leve' exploit that was posted on Reddit last week. If it is then you can be pretty sure SE's logs will show someone who use it.

Hippy_Pickle
14th Oct 2013, 10:08
I have no need to exploit so not even gonna look it up.

BTW, I'm back!! :D

Hippy_Pickle
14th Oct 2013, 10:29
I think this is referring to the crafting bug as mention on the other forum post. Personally I think that anyone that uses exploits like this are just not enjoying the game, yes it's a grind to level the crafts but there's a sense of accomplishment to be had by working at it the way it was intended.

Plus they can only blame themselves when the ban hammer falls! lol

graewins
28th Nov 2013, 07:23
I already comfirmed when i first got this game and why all of sudden i get unconfirmed?

help plz

Edit:

nvm it was a glitched...

Xylemic
23rd Feb 2014, 12:33
I can't seem to repair the early quest reward gear that I'm getting right at the start of the game as a Disciple of Magic. I've tried as a Thaumaturge and an Arcanist, and in both cases the basic gear you choose as a reward in the early quests (Hempen gear IIRC) requires repairing straight away to equip it.

I can find the independent repairers but the new items don't show up anywhere in their Armory Chest lists in the repair dialog window, only my starter gear in the 'equipped' tab shows up. If I hit 'repair all' it seems to do the job, but my thaumaturge's leather gloves are still broken.

The Disciple of War (archer) I tried was fine, does this game really reward you with broken gear right at the start if you want to be a Mage of any kind?

Bcarmichael
23rd Feb 2014, 16:30
I am playing on the PS4 beta and hit lvl 20 on my conjurer. My exp is stuck at 0/56600. I have completed multiple quests including the lvl 20 conjurer quest to try and get my exp bar moving again. i have killed exp giving monsters with no luck as well

It was my understanding that the fatigue system is gone from FFXIV; help would be greatly appreciated.
Cannot seem to find any answers elsewhere online or in the forums.

Thank in advance for any help!

Hippy_Pickle
24th Feb 2014, 11:42
There is no exp bug, there is a level 20 CAP on the beta test, you can't level any class higher.

yamiramirez357
5th Apr 2014, 18:41
Too many times I am finding myself in battle with enemies lower in level, I attack them and their hp bar doesn't move, but they attack me a my hp bar drops, I try to heal myself and it doesn't go up. After the past 2 patch updates the game lags a whole lot more and it's worst in some important fights, like Titan and Garuda. You need to fix this! Like now!

realmreaver73
6th Apr 2014, 14:05
working fine here. Sounds a lot like lag. to me.