PDA

View Full Version : Laying mines

ceb39
29th Jan 2003, 20:13
I read through the paragraph on laying mines and thought I understood it. My first attempt to use mine laying equipment worked okay. A mine field was layed out.

During the same game I attempt to lay out a mine field in another area, but was not successful. When using the mine laying equipment do they have an unlimited number of mines or do they need to be resupplied with mines?

Chuck

Dr. Love
29th Jan 2003, 20:17
The mine trucks do indeed need to be re-supplied by supply vehicles. They will not, I believe, call for these vehicles on their own, you have to manually select the mine layer & press the re-supply key (y).

ceb39
9th Feb 2003, 23:15
Still having problems laying mines right from the first attempt.

I have a mine laying vehicle, I pick a spot to lay the mines, I click the mine icon, and then left click the mouse and drag it over the area I want the mines to be laid. The mine field shows on the screen - what next? Left clicking the mouse removes the mine field and repositions the mine laying vehicle. How do you complete the mine laying process?

Thanks

Chuck

Dr. Love
10th Feb 2003, 17:27
Are you allowing the mine vehicle time to perform it's action? It takes a few seconds to complete the mine laying. It should be, select the Mine layer, left-click the mine icon, left-click one corner of the field, left-click the opposite corner. At this point the Mine layer should engage, unless it's out of mines.