PDA

View Full Version : What system do u have TS2 on?

MecH_HuNTeR
25th Jan 2003, 21:58
what system is ur TS2 on??? mine is Gamecube and i think thats the best :D
Gamecube:

X-box:

PS2:

Mista Sinista
26th Jan 2003, 00:52
Gamecube.

MecH_HuNTeR
26th Jan 2003, 01:03
go Gamecube go!

Hank Nova
26th Jan 2003, 10:58
I have TS2 on PS2 but i haven't played the Gamecube version so i don't know what its like. its probably exactly the same.

KittenCeleste
26th Jan 2003, 12:51
PS2 rocks my world... lol :D

the_internet_king
26th Jan 2003, 13:28
i got it on ps2 , mainly because i had ts1 on ps2 and i am used to the contrls :D

y3nis
28th Jan 2003, 22:00
I got it on gamecube but I'd rather had it on PS2 because you can play ts2 online then (soon that is).

El-Spaz
29th Jan 2003, 00:40
TS2 on PS2 and proud of it!

bloch
29th Jan 2003, 05:38
Hey, i have gamecube version, and i play Ps2 version yesterday, i can tell you, Ps2 version sux comparated with gamecube, cuz that control makes me crazy, i preffer play with my analog control, and where did u read Ps2 can play online?? its a joke or something?? My friends says the gamecube varsion its the best, more quik to load and the best graphics, i mean, ps2 dont have texture compresed like xbox or gamecube, thats all and GAMECUBE RULES TJE OTHER CONSOLS IN USA, CANADA AND MEXICO!!!!!

harry_tippers_love_child
29th Jan 2003, 11:31
OMG... can you take this somewhere else, please... :rolleyes:

KittenCeleste
29th Jan 2003, 14:20
I recon a game of this magnetude is great, regardless of which console you prefer! :D

Century Bot
29th Jan 2003, 18:01
PS2 for me - (plus a Sony Vaga 32inch Widescreen TV, Yamaha Amp and B&W CDM 1NT speakers).

Olly
29th Jan 2003, 21:00
Time Splitters is worst on the Game Cube, because you can't play i-link, which means that you can only ever have a maximum of 4, where you can have 16 on the Play Station 2.

MecH_HuNTeR
29th Jan 2003, 21:17
yeah but the ps2 is so bad ....bad grafiks...slow FPS....sucks! and X-BOX cant been wired together either so stfu!

Hank Nova
29th Jan 2003, 21:20
Originally posted by KittenCeleste
I recon a game of this magnetude is great, regardless of which console you prefer! :D

listen to the wise words of our moderator!!!!!

P.S no console wars please

Olly
29th Jan 2003, 21:41
Originally posted by MecH_HuNTeR
yeah but the ps2 is so bad ....bad grafiks...slow FPS....sucks! and X-BOX cant been wired together either so stfu!

The Play Station 2 has better graphics than the Game Cube, and the X-Box can be networked actually.

El-Spaz
30th Jan 2003, 03:11
yeah but the ps2 is so bad ....bad grafiks...slow FPS....sucks! and X-BOX cant been wired together either so stfu! I don't know where you're getting your info. It sounds more like you're stereotyping the system than actually knowing what you are talking about. All three systems play at the same speed - 60 FPS. There are no problems speed wise on the PS2 or on any of the other systems.

This forum does not appreciate fanboy tactics. So leave them at the door.

KittenCeleste
30th Jan 2003, 07:37
Originally posted by El-Spaz
This forum does not appreciate fanboy tactics. So leave them at the door.

Listen to the man! It's sound advice...

fragmasta
30th Jan 2003, 11:22
I got TS2 on the PS2 and it rocks. i got it a week after it came out and im still makin maps a beatin my mates into a wobbling pulp. i have played it on x box and it would be gud if the machine had decent contril pads.

bloch
30th Jan 2003, 19:51
Haahahahahahah, how can u say Play Station Rocks??
see and cry!!!!!

compressed textures:
Play Station 2: NO
X-Box: YES
GameCube:YES

Full- Scene Anti-Alias:
X-box: YES
GameCube: YES

support micro polygons:

Sooooo you gonna cry right now cuz Ps2 gonna lose this war of consoles.... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
:eek: :eek:

P.S: Nintendo have their own games like Super Smash, Mario, Link, Samus, POKEMON, Animal Crossing and other great games!!!! like x-box with halo, and Play Station 2??? dont have any own game, maybe GTA3 but, MWahahahhahhahahahhah!!!!!

Olly
30th Jan 2003, 21:29
P.S: Nintendo have their own games like Super Smash, Mario, Link, Samus, POKEMON, Animal Crossing and other great games!!!! like x-box with halo, and Play Station 2??? dont have any own game, maybe GTA3 but, MWahahahhahhahahahhah!!!!!

Your forgeting The Getway, Tomb Raider, GTA Vice City, Metal Gear Solid, Nightfire, Devil may Cry, Primal, Final Fantasy, Lord of the Rings.

KittenCeleste
31st Jan 2003, 07:50
Need I remind eveyone that this is a

TIMESPLITTERS 2

forum, and not The Colosseum of Console Wars???

fragmasta
31st Jan 2003, 11:30
i only said the x box comes with poor controllers then u turn it into a console war. now lets enjoy the ass kicking game free rad has given to all those who have a next gen console and let sony, microsoft and nintendo fight the war while we enjoy the great games a war generates.

Wompo
31st Jan 2003, 20:18
Xbox.

bloch
2nd Feb 2003, 18:34
Yes, you say Ps2 have Tomb Raider, Gta, FInal Fantasy and others.
If i remember, My Bro have tomb Raider on GBA, and NIGHTFIRE is on GCN too, and i gonna buy Final Fantasy for Gba and for GCN, thats crazy ha, i mean, ps2 have a little bounch of games, i mean, own games. See, Ps2 dont make games like Nintendo and Microsoft:eek: so forget about Ps2 rules cuz that is a bad joke haaaa...

P.D, but i wanna have Gta3:( but i can download it:D so c u latter all¡¡¡:)

Quall
2nd Feb 2003, 21:35
XBOX!!!

bhtend85
4th Feb 2003, 04:02
first off if you would just look at the numbers first. who has more games(buy a whole lot). and who has pretty much allready won the console wars. o yeah the ps2. unless nobody buys a ps2 for the next 2 years the console wars are allready over as announced at e3. Also i think final fantasy for the gba is a little diferent the ff for ps2 considering that the ones for gba are from the nintendo days. but even though i got off the topic u can't forget this is timesplitters the only difference is pretty much the controller if u like one controller better then u'll like the game better. personally i think the ps2 has the best controller ever made. and people like u bloch downloading games uns it for every one with increasin prices.

DMraider
7th Feb 2003, 16:16
Originally posted by bloch
Haahahahahahah, how can u say Play Station Rocks??
see and cry!!!!!

compressed textures:
X-Box: YES

Full- Scene Anti-Alias:
GameCube: YES

support micro polygons:

Sooooo you gonna cry right now cuz Ps2 gonna lose this war of consoles.... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
:eek: :eek:

lol Ps2 has much better graphics and better gameplay( more and better games then gamecube. gamecube got a few ''good'' games but the rest is really bad)
The only game Resident evil got very good graphics for gamecube

But yes if you are a kid (4-10 years)i can imaging you like mario, pikmin, monkey ball, pokemon etc. And mario sunshine got the same or maybe a little better graphics then mario 64

Gamecube best games: Zelda and maybe eternall darkness
PS2 best games: MGS2, SR2, BO2, Ts1, GTA3 and vice city, almost all racing games and there are coming a lot of good games !!!

And 90% that are on ps2 and GC is the PS2 version is better then GC version

And.... i have TS2 on the playstation 2!!

DMraider
7th Feb 2003, 16:21
Originally posted by bhtend85
i think the ps2 has the best controller ever made.

Yeah, why wont they give up

PS2 just has the best controller
there is no need to discuss this its a fact( i'm serius!)

MecH_HuNTeR
7th Feb 2003, 16:22
GameCube owns PS2 in every aspect

DMraider
8th Feb 2003, 00:28
GameCube owns PS2 in every aspect

why??

El-Spaz
10th Feb 2003, 15:01
Here are my pro's and con's for each system from this (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8562&perpage=25&highlight=GC%20AND%20XBox%20AND%20PS2&pagenumber=2) thread:

GC
Pro's - Hardware is superior to the PS2 (but had to be since it was coming into this level so late).
Many critics think that it's controler is the best (arguable)
Has many games unique to the system (SuperSmash Bros:Melee, Mario, Starfox, Zelda etc.)
A well known name in the gaming industry
Con's - Undersized minidisks can't hold as much information as the DVD (not that much less mind you, but less)
Coming in late to the this level of gaming
Game variety is still a little low with no real RPG's (this is being fixed)

X-Box
Pro's - Hardware is superior to the PS2 for same reason as GC
Integrated HD
Integrated Cable Modem
A couple of really good games (so far i've only heard of Halo)
MS is a well known name (this is a pro and a con)
Con's - Latecomer
MS losing money on every system it sells (due to the forced price reduction by Sony)
The controlers are horrible
Low selection of games (this is presently being fixed)
Many believe that it will go by the way of Sega due to finantial instability, current market, low console sales, and demands placed on it due to Sony's promise of the PS3

A couple of things i missed
GC Pro's - $50 cheaper. That doesn't mean much when you have money up the wahzoo, but it can mean the difference between getting a system and getting a system with a game.
One of the oldest names in the Gaming industry
Con's - No DVD player
No long term viability once a new system comes out Nintendo tends to scrap the old one (and Sony is forcing the early development of new systems).

Now for PS2
Pro's - First of this generation gaming console to come out.
Many, Many, Many excellent games = Many many choices! (fewer bugs in TS2)
Also many of those games are limited to the PS2 (for now)
Decent controlers
Long term viability - Being in the lead market wise and finantially wise, Sony is running the show and everyone knows it (PS3 anouncement requiring Nintendo and MS to develop and produce a new console when their present ones are still new). Also Sony has a history of actually keeping their old technology viable. Case in point there are still many games being made for the origional PS.
A Modem that is not limited to broadband
The development of HD (also a con since it's not out yet)
Sony and PS2 are tried and true name is the gaming markets
Con's - An inferior system (because they were out first)
You have to buy the extras (like the modem and HD)

Anything i'm missing guys?

Personally i have a PS2 because of the Long term viability and stability as well as the variety of games.
If i could have 2 systems i would go for the GC because of it's many unique to the system games and because i am a Nintendo fanboy.
I don't think that i would ever get the X-Box because i don't need that many systems and since at the present time the market can only really bare 2 gaming consoles one will likely die and i think it'll be the X-Box.
But then some of these things are my opinion (duh this is why I have the system i do).

Mr Underwood
10th Feb 2003, 17:04
A solid & sensible post, El-Spaz. All 3 machines have plus and minus points about them, also agree that one will bite the dust, realistically, probably XBox because its serious lack of penetration in Japan is hampering its sales worldwide. However, with microsofts cash behind XBox, nintendo had better keep the games coming thick and fast for the GC. Sony, however much it annoys GC fans, have a massive chunk of worldwide hardware sales and are relatively immune from market pressures that will bite one of the other two.

KittenCeleste
11th Feb 2003, 07:31
Good one, El-Spaz! :cool:

MecH_HuNTeR
11th Feb 2003, 14:59
Guys admit PS2 is worse by these 3......but i personalyy think gamecube is the best but its up to u about x-box and GC but PS2 worse in all aspects maybe good online...but grafiks no....not speed or anything SO S TOP SAYING THAT PS2 IS HANGING ON COUSE IT WONT IT WILL FALL!

Little_Devil
11th Feb 2003, 17:02
PS2! Can you honestly say you trust anything with "Microsoft" stamped on it?

DrkSnpr14
12th Feb 2003, 17:13
PS2 for shure

MecH_HuNTeR
15th Feb 2003, 01:33
Go gc go!

Reaperbot
15th Feb 2003, 05:38
PS2!!! TS2 belongs on the PS2!!!!1

PS2- Best console ever!

Xbox- Great graphics and okay games!

Gaycube....Gamecube!- Crap!

Nintendo make kiddie games and all their games are the same! They have no originality! I think it's better if consoles don't have first party developers like nintendo! Oh btw, full screen anti-aliasing is terrible!

Hank Nova
16th Feb 2003, 11:22
[Sarcasm]I'd just like to say that i have to know that everyone has the same console as mine and i will keep dismissing consoles until everyone has my console. It really annoys me that someone in another part of the world who i don't even know has a different console to me[Sarcasm]

El-Spaz
17th Feb 2003, 15:24
Originally posted by Metroid_DarkTim
Hello peoples,

Well you can say that Nintendo do make "kiddy" games which is true and I do not honestly care, as myself being a gamecube fan, I find that Nintendo is doing a good job on it - they are thinking about people of all ages and not just teenage and adult audiences ...... henmce there is a variety of games to choose from depending on your interests or age.
Um, hello Metroid_DarkTim, unless i am mistaken, no one here was calling the GC a kiddie console except maybe you or some people who wrote their posts back in November at which time, if i remember correctly, there was a small debate over the idea usually fueled more by the GC owners than anyone else...or i could be wrong...

fragmasta
18th Feb 2003, 10:13
I got a PS2 cos the origional timesplitters was on it as well as games like gt3 gta3 thps3 and other great games like that. also the dolby 5.1 surround pro logic 2 surround gave me an idea. i have a small bedroom where my PS2 live happily playing my favourite games and DVDs without so much as a hiccup. now i am saving up for a 5.1 speaker system to give my ears a good bashing with games like timesplitters 2 (i know it dont have surround in it but imagine the volume and rumble from the subwoofer). i cant imagine a lamepube giving that sort of experience cos its too darn weedy lookin and i cant fit an X Box on my shelves(i cant be bothered to think ov a name for that cos it just aint worth it) so a PS2 is perfect for me. i also had around 30 PS1 games that i could play till i got more PS2 games. so i got the console that was perfect for me and u got the console that was perfect for u. the fack the PS2 is out selling all the other machines means it is perfect for a hell ov a lot ov people unlike the lampube and X Box.:p

Little_Devil
18th Feb 2003, 14:51
Originally posted by fragmasta
i also had around 30 PS1 games that i could play till i got more PS2 games

Good sellingpoint for the PS2. Everytime nintendo comes out with a new console they stop producing stuff for the old one. With the PS2 I could trade in my old console and still keep my nostalgic old games. Ah, bliss...

fragmasta
21st Feb 2003, 09:36
and with the dosh you make from selling your old machine you can buy some PS2 games so sony can make kore money and keep the PS2 living as long as the legendary PS1. them blokes at sony computer entertainment have their heads screwed on good and proper, so people trust them and buy their products;)

cyph
1st Mar 2003, 22:21
Just a note on this post...

I cannot speak one way or the other as to which system this game or games in general are best on. And I doubt hardly any of you out there really can either. Unless you have all three systems running side by side so you can see the exact thing on every screen to look at it with magnifying glasses, you won't notice much different.

A not on the xbox:

Ethernet connection, not build in cable modem.
Second, in case those of you have only played the original xbox release, (original controller), they have redesigned the controller to a Type-S as they call it. I have two of these controllers and have found them to be unbelievably comfortable. They did push the design as bridging on another system, but as if that really matters. You should tell a company not to redesign their controller and make players happy, just because it looks or feels like another system. (hehe, oh the arguments)

Anyway, just wanted to make those of you who have forgotten, or have never played anything other than the demo system set up at walmart (which is not the type-s controller in most cases unless it is broken and replaced) that there are two controllers for the XBOX. (as well as two xbox's, 1.0 and 1.1.)

Cheers to all, and to all have fun playing YOUR favorite console.

-Cyph-

Olly
2nd Mar 2003, 18:31
I think that the PS2 is the best, A-because it has ultimate controllers, and B-because it has lots of good games. The X-BOX is also very good, because it has Halo, I almost bought an X-BOX just so that I could play on Halo, it is a very good game. My friend Bill did buy an X-BOX just to play Halo! If the X-BOX didn't have Halo then it would be the worst console there, but Halo is eisily the best game, it has been out for over seventy two weeks, and it is still £34.99, and people still buy it. If the X-BOX didn't have Halo, then nobody would have an X-BOX. Why am I talking about Halo when this is a Time Splitters Forum? We should really get back to the subject...what was the subject again?

TracerTong
2nd Mar 2003, 19:07
Need I remind eveyone that this is a

TIMESPLITTERS 2

forum, and not The Colosseum of Console Wars??? Hear Hear!
I have TS2 on the XBox! the demo on the PS2 ... both look good.
I bought it for the XB 'cause I don't have many games for it yet! no other reason!

El-Spaz
3rd Mar 2003, 05:43
Originally posted by cyph
Ethernet connection, not build in cable modem.
Second, in case those of you have only played the original xbox release, (original controller), they have redesigned the controller to a Type-S as they call it. I have two of these controllers and have found them to be unbelievably comfortable. They did push the design as bridging on another system, but as if that really matters. You should tell a company not to redesign their controller and make players happy, just because it looks or feels like another system. (hehe, oh the arguments)
I had to reply to this...just for the fun of it (and because you did ask for it).

1) The Ethernet connection kind of limits the X-Box because only around 15% of American's have a high speed internet connection, and that percentage rate is not increasing at nearly the rate that the industry has expected. Thus that ethernet only connection is not as much an advantage as a liability for the X-Box. While the PS2 on the other had requires you to pay out extra for your modom, it does give you the option of ethernet or dialup.

2) Just because the X-Box came out with a new Type-S controler doesn't mean that it solved all of the controller problems. First, you have to buy the Type-S controllers seperately. So you buy the system, then you have to buy an extra controler just to make the system playable. Second, the D-pads are still crossed from each other(one high and one low) making for uncomfortable playing if you are doing so for any extended period of time. Third, there are only two shoulder buttons. That's a real pain especially in playing TS2 as you have primary and secondary fire, plus you need a shoulder button to aim properly. Thus it becomes a problem. Fourth, the shape of the buttons make for easy blistering with extended use....not a fun thing. Microsoft has a long way to go to fix all of the problems inherent in their controllers. Maybe in a few years they will have it all figured out...untill then, make mine PS2 or GC

scrinstorm
3rd Mar 2003, 06:46
Originally posted by Century Bot
PS2 for me - (plus a Sony Vaga 32inch Widescreen TV, Yamaha Amp and B&W CDM 1NT speakers).

I have the GameCube version.

Widescreen TVs suck for games. I have a 36-inch Sony Wega HDTV.

DeMoNsFuRyX
30th Mar 2003, 16:48
Originally posted by Olly
The Play Station 2 has better graphics than the Game Cube

wut sick twisted world have u been living in?

last time i checked (tech wise) ps2 was getting owned by gc and xbox. gc and xbox have better graphics then ps2 for ts2. i know this cuz i played the ps2 version and comapred to the gc version.

KittenCeleste
31st Mar 2003, 06:36
Right, chaps!

*grabs DeMoNsFuRyX and Olly by the ears and shows them out for some fresh air*

Kindly take your disputes outside the walls of the forum.

KC

digit
3rd May 2003, 15:38
Timesplitters 2 is Timesplitters 2! No matter what system!

I've only got things against Xbox and Gamecube ONLY because if my friends get it for those systems I won't be able to link up :(

Reaperbot
3rd May 2003, 23:36
Yup you said it!

Oh btw to the widescreen tvs suck for game thing....um.....you can play games like ffx and other widescreen 50pal games faster and clearer!!!

Capt_Snow
4th May 2003, 11:15
I have a Sony 68cm flat screen and i cant play very well without it

Reaperbot
6th May 2003, 04:03
The best tv I have is a Toshiba 50 inch projection tv but its terrible for TS2 and other fps.

It's great for all other games though!

Captian_Shadow
5th Aug 2003, 13:50
GAME CUBE! Its a kick ass system! Ps2 time spliitter two has a bad control thing I played it at a freinds house! I play my on my flat screen tv and the piture is great! Yet dark! VEry DArk. But I made it a little brighter. and its a little small for multi player you will get about seven or six inches in hieght and 12 inches lenth for 2 player.

arioth
22nd Aug 2003, 15:46
I have it for Gamecube.
Why?
Because I like nintendo games, I dont care what other people say, I like nintendo games. Simple isnt it. People buy PS2 because they like their games, etc, etc.
And to quote reaperbot
Nintendo make kiddie games and all their games are the same! They have no originality!

How do they have no originality?
Look at Animal Crossing, your an animal, who wouldve thought of that. Same with Mario Sunshine, Mario has a **GASP** Waterpack. I dont think Ive seen that before. So Nintendo does have originality after all, just like Sony did with Darkcloud, and Xbox did with that DOA:Beachvolleyball game.....

robofishzombie
23rd Aug 2003, 17:15
I have TS2 on the PS2.

Why?

I don't have a Gamecube or XBox.

Simple Enough.

Dr. Tripper
6th Sep 2003, 15:31
I got it on the GC. Nintendo my whole life.

LARAMANIAC
27th Sep 2003, 16:15
PS2 rocks my world... lol :D

Absobloodylutely!!!! Mine too schweeeeeeeetiee!!! :p

grndtheftaut0
4th Apr 2004, 13:14
I like the playstation 2.

Monkeyman1188
4th May 2004, 03:06
I have it for Gamecube, it's the best, 4 players