PDA

View Full Version : Startopia 2?

Glass Ghost
24th Jan 2003, 04:35
I was reading an old PC gamer mag and I came across a startopia review. one of the last paragraphs stated that on there last visit to mucky foot, they saw Creatures that had not appeared in startopia. then it says they will be in the expantion pack.

What the?

DMA57361
24th Jan 2003, 10:44
*** Warning. Discussing the sequel-that-will-never-be may get you flamed from 36.4 different angles. ***

No expansion pack.

No sequel.

At least not in the near-future.

Those animals, like the star dock features in you other post, and the fighting pit and gyro are all features that didn't make it. :(

Sunrise
24th Jan 2003, 18:55
yeah so don't even use the S2 word or mention add-ons.

<In the background someone drops something and someone else starts choking>

What?;)

Glass Ghost
26th Jan 2003, 04:06
Ok... Sorry guys

Mucky Foot
29th Jan 2003, 23:31
Hey - don't be so harsh on the new guy. Sorry - they're a bit jumpy. A lot of people used to ask in the old days (i.e. six months ago :-).

Yes, there's a bunch of things that didn't quite make it into the game. There's always stuff like that in every game. There's a saying that you're defined not by what you put into a game, but by what you leave out. There's a whole world of difference between thinking up a cool idea (of which we had plenty) and actually making it work in the game.

Still, what's in there is pretty good. Enjoy.

TomF - Muckyfoot coder.

Medical Grey
30th Jan 2003, 07:40
is there any chance of any of you giving us the data the didnt get in so we can attemptet to make a mod?

Sunrise
31st Jan 2003, 14:53
<sticks a large amount of selotape over Medical Greys mouth and drags him off on his ar**>

AlphaOmega
1st Feb 2003, 11:18
*Nods at Sunrises judgement* :D

Master_Ryan
9th Feb 2003, 19:00
Originally posted by Mucky Foot
There's a saying that you're defined not by what you put into a game, but by what you leave out
TomF - Muckyfoot coder.

Hmm, based on that you could make some really neat games

Hand-E-Food
10th Feb 2003, 02:07
So the monochromatic, bouncey cube should be the greatest game ever!

Sunrise
13th Feb 2003, 22:41
um... no

Master_Ryan
13th Feb 2003, 23:19
Originally posted by Sunrise
um... no

Disagreeing with tom then arent you?

Sunrise
14th Feb 2003, 07:53
what did you leave out of that game um... more than 5 mins worth of gameplay before you chuk the cd across the room... any chance of becoming sane after playing for more than 10 mins and colour

Hand-E-Food
15th Feb 2003, 03:32
Aaah... But that comes in the expansion.

Glass Ghost
17th Feb 2003, 07:46
So let me get this streight? Im alowed to talk about an
expansion, but not a sequel?
What the?:confused:

MunkeeChum
17th Feb 2003, 13:26
Huzzah!

Another newbie confused :D

DMA57361
18th Feb 2003, 00:41
*Leans over and draws another line on the wall with his chalk.*

Hand-E-Food
18th Feb 2003, 01:56
I think expansion talk has been banned as well. At least official expansions have been banned. Home-made ones on the other tentacle... (Okay, that was bad.)

Ghyron
18th Feb 2003, 02:21
Any discussion not related to spamming will result in immediate flaming.

MunkeeChum
19th Feb 2003, 10:51
Does that mean i get to flame you now Ghyron?

If so:

ARGH WHAT WERE DO YOU DOING ARGH .

ahem.

Nuntius
20th Feb 2003, 02:24
I just read the handbook.txt and now im all sad. so much stuff i havent seen (and probably wont)

are some of the monuments (likes VALs) not in there? because i was just thinking that i havent seen that one or planetscape, and while i know ive seen one of the karmarama ones, i either havent seen the uplanter or the tower...

Ghyron
20th Feb 2003, 03:24
Originally posted by MunkeeChum
Does that mean i get to flame you now Ghyron?

If so:

ARGH WHAT WERE DO YOU DOING ARGH .

ahem.

No, because my post was spam. +1

Hand-E-Food
20th Feb 2003, 03:30
Originally posted by Nuntius
I just read the handbook.txt and now im all sad. so much stuff i havent seen (and probably wont)

are some of the monuments (likes VALs) not in there? because i was just thinking that i havent seen that one or planetscape, and while i know ive seen one of the karmarama ones, i either havent seen the uplanter or the tower...

Planetscape and U-Planter are both in there. They're in the Sandbox mission and many user missions.