PDA

View Full Version : Has AoD been dalayed again!?

UNREAL|dave
22nd Jan 2003, 19:24
yes, yes, i know it must be old news by now, but im slow and haven been on the forum for a while. But I've heard people talking about the SECOND delay. Is this true? If so, when is its new release date?

AngelOfLara
22nd Jan 2003, 19:29
Okay now i know what you want to know, but i still go by what it said the PSM magazine. They said they were still gonna put it out on shevles in feb, so people can say whatever they say, but until i see that in feb that it never comes out i will believe you guys, cuz i wouldnt have a choice.

~Tomby

DaveJ
22nd Jan 2003, 19:37
Its looking like its nearer April now.

If Core aren't happy enough with it to release it in February...how could we be happy with it?

Mgardiner
22nd Jan 2003, 19:44
Eidos announces that the next game in its Tomb Raider series has been delayed until April.

Eidos Interactive has announced via a trading and release schedule update that Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness, which was originally scheduled for release in time for Christmas last year and subsequently delayed until early 2003, will now ship sometime in April. Following a tepid response to the game at last year's E3 and ECTS events, Eidos claims that significant progress has been made by Core Design in the final stages of development, but believes that the game will definitely benefit from the continued gameplay enhancement time that this latest delay affords the development team.

Mike McGarvey, CEO of Eidos, also stated that he expects the game to benefit substantially from the marketing of the new Lara Croft movie, Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life, which is scheduled for release this summer.