PDA

View Full Version : traod delayed? then give me a demo NOOOW!!

trfreak5243
22nd Jan 2003, 01:55
You guys at core/eidos have put us tr fans through waaaay too much these past few months, and I think we should be awarded. I'm so sick of you literally telling us one thing one day (yesterday i emailed gary reading and he said they were still on schedule for febuary) and then totally flipping it and telling us another the next. These delays are bogus, I think if you guys were on task and worked your hardest theres no reason for another delay. Anyway, we definately deserve a demo and VERY soon! I know I sound like a huge pr*ck right now but I'm so frustrated that I need them to know how I feel.

(ps... this note was directed at core/eidos)

Zoolander
22nd Jan 2003, 02:03
I'm in total agreement, I think there pushing the limits this time.

Seth
22nd Jan 2003, 02:46
I think there pushing the limits this time.

Working for Core, then? You know exactly that the game is perfect and ready?

Would you be happy if you got it in February, how would you feel if it didn't work properly? You'd be voicing the exact same thing. "I'm getting sooooooooooooooo angry! Why won't my game work?"

More delays mean a better product in the end, no?

Honestly, engine refinments and such are always good to have. Look at Lara, for example. Blocks for eyelashes, no details on the eyes..

Eidos/Core owes you squat. They make the games and the public owes them for it. That's why we buy games

Not disappointed.

trfreak5243
22nd Jan 2003, 03:00
of course its important to have a fine tuned game.. but the way they are going about it is all wrong. Don't get our hopes up and then drop the bomb right as we can almost touch the release date. Plus, there statements are contradicting. As Zoolander said in thread http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12590:

They have had more then plenty of time to fine tune, last delay they said it needed to be tested and bugs worked out, now they say they are in the final stages of developement, and testing is not a stage in developement, no matter how much you want to argue with me about it. I just don't personally think they put forth the effort they said they have been.

jso2897
22nd Jan 2003, 03:16
I tend to agree with Seth. Core/Eidos make these great games - in fact, the TR series are my favorite video games. They then sell these games at prices that are quite cheap in terms of the fun and adventure they provide. Know what it costs to spend 20-30 hours in a movie theatre? Then they publish extra free add-ons, and put them on the net for free. Then they provide a free level editor with their last game so obsessed maniacs can make their own games. And now, after years of whining from the gamers that their last few products were buggy and unfinished, they are now taking their own sweet time, trying to make a game that can really redefine the franchise. So perhaps, upon reflection, it would not be appropriate to bite the hand that has fed us so many bon-bons of pleasure. Be patient, kids. It'll get here when it gets here.

Zoolander
22nd Jan 2003, 04:26
Originally posted by Seth
Working for Core, then? You know exactly that the game is perfect and ready?

Would you be happy if you got it in February, how would you feel if it didn't work properly? You'd be voicing the exact same thing. "I'm getting sooooooooooooooo angry! Why won't my game work?"

More delays mean a better product in the end, no?

Honestly, engine refinments and such are always good to have. Look at Lara, for example. Blocks for eyelashes, no details on the eyes..

Eidos/Core owes you squat. They make the games and the public owes them for it. That's why we buy games

Not disappointed.

If your that blind then I feel sorry for you.

psiko
22nd Jan 2003, 04:54
I think we fans should be more quiet and calm cause they wouldn't feel the need to give a date (and to posticipate it) if we weren't asking for a "date" so strongly :)

I think they deserve too a little bit of understanding from us fans... If they DO NOT GET UNDERSTANDING from US FANS, whom could they get it from? :)

they build it to earn their living (but I think too they buld it cause they love to build it), but at least if they delay it, they delay it to build it funnier and worthy for people who will buy it :)

DaveJ
22nd Jan 2003, 08:55
Petulance should always be rewarded.

In all honesty, I'm secretly hoping the new game comes out next week and is riddled with flaws throughout.
At least that way we can listen to a new song from the album "Whinging."

Either that or Core immediately cease 24 hour production on the new game to work on a demo...after all, thats dead easy isn't it?

Lord Croft
22nd Jan 2003, 10:44
Que sera sera...I'll probably get it as soon as it hits the stores (or sooner if I'm lucky) but I won't be able to play it if I don't upgrade my computer.

Any official info on the system requirements yet?

[edit: And oh yeah Dave you should start by getting up real early in the morning]

susan
22nd Jan 2003, 10:54
Originally posted by psiko
I think we fans should be more quiet and calm cause they wouldn't feel the need to give a date (and to posticipate it) if we weren't asking for a "date" so strongly :)

No offence but they don't do it for our benefit they do it for their own. They give out release dates as part of the overall selling/marketing strategy. They can't have a properly co-ordinated campaign (deliberately crafted to create desire in the market - that is us, the buyers) if they don't have a release date to work towards.

At the end of the day they are a company trying to make money. They do whatever is commercially viable for them and whilst I appreciate their products I don't think I should be grateful to them or "owe them" for it (Seth). We're the customer, we buy their products and make them rich or give them a living. They need us more than we need them.

Remember - The Customer Is ALWAYS right!:)

Cooknn
22nd Jan 2003, 13:04
If the game is as close as Gary Reading lead us to believe at the LCO Chat then a single level demo should not be a time consuming proposition IMHO. And no, I am not in the gaming industry.

I'm outta here. See you guys whenever...

- Dave

Seth
22nd Jan 2003, 13:18
Originally posted by Zoolander
If your that blind then I feel sorry for you.

Explain.

Blind? Oh yes, these delays are just intentionally put out to anger people such as yourself.

Be patient, and see what the result is.

trfreak5243
22nd Jan 2003, 15:21
well... i strongly agree with susan. we are the customer, more than that we are the fans... if they don't please us, then what are they doing?

and also, now that theres more of a delay, is it really going to kill them to compile a demo? Ive made demos of my levels from trle and its quite easy (i know its more complicated with traod but at most 2-3 days..) and i think we deserve it.

DaveJ
22nd Jan 2003, 17:39
Originally posted by trfreak5243
if they don't please us, then what are they doing?

Maybe thats what they are trying to do by not rushing it.

If someone was to tell me they 'made a home movie in 3 days, so how come Spielberg takes so long?'.... I'd have to stop and wonder.....

....but not for long.
;)

Omega_Weapon
22nd Jan 2003, 17:42
Ugh! I cancelled my pre-order and was to use the money to pre-order .Hack volume 1 instead since TR is so far off now, only to find that it too is delayed. Not by much and until February or March, but it's still so aggrivating because it's already so far behind that volume 3 of the trilogy is already out in Japan since last year. Xenosaga, Star Ocean, and Final Fantasy XI, assuming there are no more delays, will each be a year behind their original release dates. So far 2003 is turning out to be a sucky year for games just like 2002.

For ONE or two games to be delayed is fine, but as industry-wide as it's become, it is 100% pathetic. My PS/2 is collecting a lot of dust now, has been since November, and will continue to collect dust in the foreseeable future. That sucks. :(

I can understand the die-hard TR fans waiting to cough up more patience because TR is a really good series, but for many of us patience is not infinite and developers and publishers are asking for too much this time. Will it hurt Eidos? You bet it will. The PS/2 version of Metal Gear Substance is already marked down $10 to $40, and it's not even out yet. This lack of reliability really is bad for business.

susan
22nd Jan 2003, 17:43
Originally posted by DaveJ
In all honesty, I'm secretly hoping the new game comes out next week and is riddled with flaws throughout.
At least that way we can listen to a new song from the album "Whinging."

Yeh but unfortunately we'd then have to listen to that old classic "I told you so" courtsey of the artist "Smug As Ever" formerly known as "I'm Always Right"!! ;) as well. Can't make up my mind which is worse.

Omega_Weapon
22nd Jan 2003, 17:48
Maybe thats what they are trying to do by not rushing it.

If someone was to tell me they 'made a home movie in 3 days, so how come Spielberg takes so long?'.... I'd have to stop and wonder.....

....but not for long.
;)

Spielberg never said "it'll be ready on this given date, then cancel within a month of that date, then cancel again as the new date approached." He kept his mouth shut instead of mis-leading customers with a date then disappointing them repeatedly.

As of last year they've already had twice as long as any previous TR. I can't imagine them doing anything else with it now beyond setting it up to be used to promote the movie. When they release it, how will we know if anything at all has been changed so we can know if it was truely worth the frustrating delays? It's not like any of us got to play the original November-release version to know what all is different.

Zoolander
22nd Jan 2003, 18:08
Originally posted by Susan
Yeh but unfortunately we'd then have to listen to that old classic "I told you so" courtsey of the artist "Smug As Ever" formerly known as "I'm Always Right"!! ;) as well. Can't make up my mind which is worse.

Well in this case I would be saying I told you so and proving "I'm always right" wrong! Oh I love it no denying it this time.

Oh and Seth, blind as in believing what they always tell you.

Zoolander
22nd Jan 2003, 18:09
Originally posted by Omega_Weapon
Spielberg never said "it'll be ready on this given date, then cancel within a month of that date, then cancel again as the new date approached." He kept his mouth shut instead of mis-leading customers with a date then disappointing them repeatedly.

As of last year they've already had twice as long as any previous TR. I can't imagine them doing anything else with it now beyond setting it up to be used to promote the movie. When they release it, how will we know if anything at all has been changed so we can know if it was truely worth the frustrating delays? It's not like any of us got to play the original November-release version to know what all is different.

Well said.

DaveJ
22nd Jan 2003, 18:14

Tell me exactly how much you do know about what goes into creating a new game from the ground up and you'll both have my full support.

A good gauge as to what has/will have changed will be to ask the people who have had a preview of it when it finally comes out....like the chap at PS2.ign.

And if you think a movie never once missed its announced release date, you're sorely mistaken.

Omega_Weapon
22nd Jan 2003, 18:41
Ask IGN? Why can't Eidos say what they've done to the game instead of expecting me to ask someone who got to try a game (I doubt Eidos would let them sit there abd completely finish it)? Besides, IGN can't say until they get the final version that's yet to be release, so that'll be months off.

My basis of comparison is a simple observation that others, which often enough included EIDOS, met dates in the past. Want to know about what I know about what goes into it? Well that comes back to them needing to explain what they've done to it in the first place.

As far as I'm concerned, this is nothing but an attempt to capture new customers by releasing it with the movie, which is coming at the expense of alienating themselves from the loyal fans who bought all the other ones leading up to it. If that's not true, then prove me wrong by giving a list of things they supposedly changed and worked on all this time. Is it longer? are the levels different? have the characters been re-designed?

I am just sick of this garbage with unreliable developers, and see the past year as the worst ever as a result of the delays from just about everyone. I find it to be very arrogant for them to actually expect people to buy their stuff after they made getting it in the first place to be such an aggrivating process, and I will be refusing to buy it when it comes out. I can't reward bad behavior by supporting it, because rewarding it only encourages them to do it again and again.........

DaveJ
22nd Jan 2003, 18:52
Since you have played a fair few games before, and experienced the build up to a new release - be it met or missed - I'm assuming you've heard the phrase "gone underground" before?

Thats where we find ourselves now.

I'm looking forward to having longer to play "Unreal 2" to be honest. AoD can take as long as it wants....I'll still be here.

DaveJ
22nd Jan 2003, 18:56
Originally posted by Zoolander
blind as in believing what they always tell you.

Conspiracy theory, eh?

I wonder if this is all going on with the President's consent....or if it goes higher even than him?
:eek:

SuzieCroft
22nd Jan 2003, 19:00
Dude, it's just a feckin game.

There are two steps you could take.

1. Get off your fat complaining butt and get a life. The world does not revolve you and your need to play with Lara. Get over it.

or, two:

2. Get off your fat complaining butt and make a game. Then we'll see who's mr wise guy. -,-

The game will be completed when it's done, and it will be done (in the words of iD) when it's done. Not before, and certainly not when you want it to because you're "bored" and "fed up of waiting". If you want something to do gamewise without spending too much dosh then go pick up FF Anthologies or Shadow of Memories (Shadow of Destiny in yankland). A whole bunch of great games, dirt cheap.

Or if that doesn't appeal to you, how about learning DX9? That should keep you safely occupied until TR6 comes out :D

Omega_Weapon
22nd Jan 2003, 19:02
AoD can take as long as it wants....I'll still be here.

You are the best and most ideal customer they can hope for. I am not like you and can only shovel so much crap before deciding to quit. I too would just play something else but everything else I want to play is also delayed until whenever the hell the others too feel like releasing their games. My console is quickly getting so very useless to me now as a result, and is going to stay that way because of a multitude of developers and their blatant unreliability. I've been playing since the Atari, and this is the first time I've felt like there is no reason at all to be into gaming.

Omega_Weapon
22nd Jan 2003, 19:05
Originally posted by SuzieCroft
Dude, it's just a feckin game.

There are two steps you could take.

1. Get off your fat complaining butt and get a life. The world does not revolve you and your need to play with Lara. Get over it.

or, two:

2. Get off your fat complaining butt and make a game. Then we'll see who's mr wise guy. -,-

The game will be completed when it's done, and it will be done (in the words of iD) when it's done. Not before, and certainly not when you want it to because you're "bored" and "fed up of waiting". If you want something to do gamewise without spending too much dosh then go pick up FF Anthologies or Shadow of Memories (Shadow of Destiny in yankland). A whole bunch of great games, dirt cheap.

Or if that doesn't appeal to you, how about learning DX9? That should keep you safely occupied until TR6 comes out :D

The only thing I wanted is what they promised. I never once said "I demand it be released now and will pout if it isn't out" and only expected dates that they led me to expect. They can't keep it, and don't deserve to keep a customer.

markmi123
22nd Jan 2003, 19:07

My basis of comparison is a simple observation that others, which often enough included EIDOS, met dates in the past. Want to know about what I know about what goes into it? Well that comes back to them needing to explain what they've done to it in the first place.

Whether or not they have an explanation for delays in production is not critical. Previous Tomb Raider games have not been delayed most likely because they were not as creative as AOD will be. Not since TR1 have they gone so far to develop a completely unique gaming experience. Just relax, since eventually it will come out. Recall Morrowind which kept being delayed for a year or more. When it finally came out, it was worth the wait, I'd say.

DaveJ
22nd Jan 2003, 19:09
Pleeeeeenty more games out there.

markmi123
22nd Jan 2003, 19:14
If you feel a personal vengence against Eidos, that is just plain silly. Have patience like Dave, since as he says, while we are waiting for AOD, there are many other good games out their to play...or try playing the TR series again. Doing that will really show a contrast to just how much effort they put into creating the massive project of AOD.

thanhkim
22nd Jan 2003, 19:16
How many more delays I will not be happy if this game is out when the new sony ps3 is out then I have to sell my ps2 and buy the new one just to play Lar's game.

markmi123
22nd Jan 2003, 19:17
No, that is out of the question. They are making it for PS2, not PS3, regardless of when the PS3 comes out!!

Piega
22nd Jan 2003, 20:37
Dissapointed; yes.
Pissed; No

Hé, we will get a great game :) . The best moment will be when you buy it and see the first moves of Lara on the screen. What is waiting? Look back at your life, you can look at it in a blink of an eye. There are more things in life but ofcourse you can be possessed like me and cannot wait for our new Lara :( :p .

The reason that it will sell better when the movie is coming is bugger. Those people will run to the stores anyway when they will find out it already for sale! It is just that the game is simply not ready but is it not said that it would come in february? I say a promiss is broken.

There is one some other thing I cannot understand though. Tomb Raider 1 is their precious. The succes for all their sequels. Why is there not a patch for the new generation 3D cards. How long are we waiting for this to come out! It will never come! Am I,

Dissapointed; yes.
Pissed; Yes
:)

psiko
23rd Jan 2003, 02:29
my greatest fear isn't a delay but that the game isn't worthy.

If you want to know something they are probably working on, is the "cam" matter.

If you know from earlier screenshots, they build the game with a "resident evil" game style. Earlier previews at game expos were talking about orrible and frustrating settings for the cams which made the game not enjoyable, uselessly hard.

This is probably somthing they had to build completely from the beginning, right? not telling this "is" so, but "probably" this is just an example.

But a "little" problem like this one means that EVERY level (or location, in case of huge maps) must be PLAYED and PROJECTED AGAIN... why? because a fixed camera could show you JUST A SCENE like in a movie with a fake background and all around is "dark" with missing polygons...

Well, they told us the "usual 3D visual from her back" is still there just in the last months... in all the earlier screenshots cams WERE fixed...

Once they put back this "usual 3D visual TR Style" they have to play the game and make it beautiful "as if they were starting all again".... Core told to people who hadn't liked the demo at game expos that TRAOD was finished at its 30% in the middle of the summer.... so FEBRUARY was TOO SOON!

My REALLY great fear is that the game IS NOT really worthy for now, and that it won't be even when releasing... so better to wait and hoping they give us the game we expect and we deserve...

Adrian Smith told into an interview that he (they) wants to give us not only the game we are waiting for and we expect, but "much more"... and I trust in this :)

@piega: you can download the patch you ask from here:

http://www.tombraiders.it/download/trle/programmi/Glidos_v1_7.exe

The link is for the GLIDOS v1.17
This is a FREE version of the patch you need to play Tomb Raider 1 with 3D acceleration... following versions are more stable but you should have to pay those ones... this is one of the last site to have this free version of this file ...for what I know, surely :) It works great :)

trfreak5243
23rd Jan 2003, 02:31
uhh ok i think we are going off topic... but cmon is it really that bad to ask for a demo?? theyve had many demos so far (non have been released) from e3, ects, that london thing.. i just want to play it already. Ive been waiting 3 years now (it used to be 2 1/2 years)... i just want to be reunited with my lara. now i think everyone can agree (otherwise you dont really belong in the forums)

markmi123
23rd Jan 2003, 06:08
Originally posted by psiko
The link is for the GLIDOS v1.17
this is one of the last site to have this free version of this file ...for what I know, surely :) It works great :)

Thanks a million psiko, indeed I never have found the free version until you told me! This is great, no more fuzzy software rendered TR!!

-Mark

Ethereal
23rd Jan 2003, 15:52
Argh i just hope one thing, when this game will be good, and I really doubt that, they must not make TR 7,6,8,9 and 10 like TR 2,3,4 and 5. They must change the enige each time, make much more improvments, better AI etc. So many other games do that. That's why only TR 1 and 2 were a big succes.
And i tought they said the next coming games would be based all on the AOD enige. AND THIS SUCKS, again TR will end in huge cheap crap.
And they will never be able anymore to make TR a guge succes. Or they should come with great revolutionary ideas, awesome graphix etc.
And they DON'T come with that.
In all the previews and stuff i have readed that it will be the best TR game ever, BUT compared to all the other games it's nothing specials at all.
Btw, when AOD comes out on the PS2 the PS3 is almost out and then all the series will come out on the PS2 i bet.

TR ALWAYS lies ahead!

Try to convince me i am wrong... if you can, I obey you...

Omega_Weapon
23rd Jan 2003, 17:55
One reason why games like the Mario series and Final Fantasy have lasted as long as they have is because they completely redefine the whole series with each game in order to prevent it from getting stale and repetitive. This makes sense for EIDOS to do the same with TR, but EIDOS is still better off having said nothing about TR's release date like that. They could have taken all the time in the world if no one was expecting anything as of last November.

Still, I like the old gaming engine and level designs, and I personally don't want them to make TR so different that it's not really a TR game any more and instead some Metal Gear Solid clone. I don't think they have to try too hard to avoid the mistakes of previous ones at all. If they were THAT bad then the series wouldn't be a success like it is, so any mistakes aren't so much that they eat away at the series. It's just that the industry is different now. When TR1 first came out, Lara was all alone in the field of bouncy vixens looking to save the world from evil, and now just about every game that plans to make a buck off of horny teenage boys has their own bouncy ladies in them, so Lara's not as unique as she used to be. To me, this has been a bigger threat to TR sales than even the worst TR game itself (TR 3 IMO). Soon she will be competing against another DOA game among many others, and it will be harder for EIDOS to sell the game AFTER developers have released a great deal of their own best material. February, right before Xenosaga (the second "big" game coming in 2003 for the PS/2 behind Devil May Cry 2), really was the best time to release it in terms of beating the competitors, because it'll be a hard sell once people are busy playing everything else, and there really is a lot of highly-demanded 2002 games getting released in the coming three months and not just TR.

In other words, I think EIDOS has just destroyed their best chance to actually sell the game, and like Shenmue 2, no matter how good it is, people will simply be too busy with other games to care once it finally comes out.

thanhkim
23rd Jan 2003, 19:06
By the time aod does come out people would have a forgotten about it (this of course excludes folks that really love tr) or as was mentioned be playing other games or just not bothering to look for it. People in the end won't give a rats if there's too many delays. It would have to be a game that would make people to stand up and take notice. Me I will still buy it cause of Lar and it's just a great game.

moe888uk
23rd Jan 2003, 20:11
Agree with the last couple of posts. If they delay too often, then people will lose interest and theres plenty of good games coming out and it would be harder to sell. So I am sure Eidos/Core arent delaying just to make a few extra bucks but rather they arent as competent while keeping time and are just getting rid of bugs and enhancing the game. They probably fear that a poor game might have an affect on the movie's popularity as well. I hope they are working hard at it.

Also whoever thinks they owe Eidos/Core for making games for us, then they need a bit of a reality check. They arent really running a charity for us, are they. Dont they get the money in return. Isnt money their main aim while making games. If you think they dont care about the money but just want to make gameplayers happy then god help you.

Piega
23rd Jan 2003, 20:26
Thanks for the link Psiko, but I tried Glidos a long time ago. Even the version to pay for. It is just too buggy and runs only in software mode on my machine.

It would not take that much effort from Core to make a good patch. It is only a matter of money, but they dont get money out of making a patch for part one so end of story.

But not going too much off topic. We can all speculate what the quality of AOD will be but till now it is all a big mystery and not much is revealed. Many think they know what is going on and yet we dont know anything. It is an excuse to complain about the delay. Yes, there are screenshot that I find plain ugly but there are also shots that opens my mouth.

Therefore I simply cannot say anything about this game until I have seen it with my own eyes so I wont. It is just like movies. If you expect too much it will be a dissapointment. When you expect nothing at all it can be surprising :). Ofcourse my own post is some sort of complain. I just wanted to add my 2 cents. Well I would like to see more new screenshots postings from now on to peek at :cool:.

psiko
24th Jan 2003, 06:01
I do not think they give us a game for charity. But they surely love what they do. Not talking about management or administrators LOL, but level designers.

Yes, they earn their living, but what's wrong in earn something from what you like to do? I think they love to build what they build, that's all, that's what I feel and believe, (what I "felt" during the interview with Gary)

not telling I am not a realist (I know they are going to make us to pay for their product) but if you want to know, at least I will buy a masterpiece (expecially after all of those delays, LOL) for just 60 euros, and can have lots of fun (two months I hope and I will replay it if I like it) after their THREE YEARS of work. I do not think it is too much, I am telling I respect their work, and actually what's wrong to be rewardered after a so long time working on that? if they decide to put on the market the game when it's better for the selling matter, well, they simply want to earn after having that much worked. I wouldn't like myself to create the best game of ever, then just for the rush to publish it, I could ruin everything.

So better to ask to a management for what to do, and that's why they are there and they are payed for. Even to suggest the best way to publish and to promote, exactly because "this is the reality".

I say: let's simply hope their game is beautiful and really this delay is better for everyone. We will be able to say this after few days the release :)

Then:

One reason why games like the Mario series and Final Fantasy have lasted as long as they have is because they completely redefine the whole series with each game in order to prevent it from getting stale and repetitive.

(...well said, note by psiko...)

They could have taken all the time in the world if no one was expecting anything as of last November.

(...I completely agree, we ARE that impatient... let's admit this LOL note by psiko)

Still, I like the old gaming engine and level designs, and I personally don't want them to make TR so different that it's not really a TR game any more and instead some Metal Gear Solid clone.

I love the old engine too, I played tr3gold completely just lately (YES, just lately... because I was keeping that for periods of missing new TR games like this one, LUCKY MYSELF I had that preview!) and if you want to know, I enjoyed that much more than updated games. The ZOO level is simply a masterpiece, nothing to add, and when playing that I hoped exactly the new TRAOD could give me such feelings, which I DO NOT THINK a game like a Metal Gear Solid CLONE could give me :)

jso2897
25th Jan 2003, 03:13
The problem with them putting out an early demo is this: For the demo to fulfill its most important function, it has to be exactly like the actual game, and developed to the same exact specs. Otherwise it may not really show you how the game will perform on your platform. A couple of developers have made some folks pretty mad by putting out stripped down demos that ran fine on machines that wouldn't run the actual game well. Eidos, as far as I know , doesn't do that, and that's a good thing.

Phönix
25th Jan 2003, 11:57
Hi, guys. I'm new here and I've been reading the replies so far and all I can say is that I wouldn't blame fans for getting agitated about this whole business. I read a couple of magazine articles that said that Eidos was beating around the bush in a panic of some kind. Evidently, they were wrong. But I was looking at net markets as to pre-order the game and I got really frustratetd. For example, at amazon.com the game is said to be in delivery by March. At amazon.co.uk it arrives in May. In Germany it reaches their stocks by June. Every where else on the Web it's either April or February. So I have come to the conclusion that no one is reliable. I actually wanted to ask the developpers themselves when the game was due... Does anyone know something about this?:confused: I hope the PAL version has the 50/60 Hz frequency option.

Alias
25th Jan 2003, 22:39
JUST SHUT YOUR *** **** MOUTH AND LET EIDOS WORK!!!! :p

Non stop working on AOD, don't you think Eidos knows it's late!? They're trying, just let them be. Sure I would like it right now, but we can wait, and if you get mad at Eidos that shows just how little you ever cared about the TR games. If you want a good game, you wait for it and when the day comes that you get to play it your waiting will be well payed for!!... Ok? Now stop fussing, take a deep breath and realise that your life is NOT all about games, you have a real life to live. GO live it! I'm done :rolleyes:

_______
Alias 56