PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts III: Multiplayer

devoidAffectu@gmail.com
3rd Mar 2013, 16:58
I know for a fact that many of us are eagerly waiting for KHIII. (When it does finally come out you can bet that I'll be enjoying every minute of it :D)
If KHIII comes out for PS3 and possibly PS4 (maybe even XBOX?). Will any of you like to see just a Solo mode, or maybe have a Multiplayer option in the game? I'm asking this because KH3 is when this epic Keyblade battle will take place. Since there will be 7 lights I wouldn't mind having someone else play alongside me in battle. I can already imagine Sora fighting with any one of the keyblade wielders!

Granted I'll still pick Sora as my main. But I would love to play as Aqua again and maybe even other characters. So my answer is Yay for multiplayer and switchable characters.

If Yay/Nay then please share why? I'd love to know why you feel that way about it.

edward.busch.18
3rd Mar 2013, 17:06
Well I would say if you mean going though the entire story with 4 people then nay....Now having multiple chacters each with thier own stories playing one at a time then yes....... Now like a multi battle arena smash brothers style combat would be awesome like on the theatre screen and you can unlock more as you progress though the story.... but I played kingdom hearts solo in all the games to see the story progress i dont wanna wait on a buddy who had to take a 2 week vacation

Pocamantis
3rd Mar 2013, 20:54
I say nay. All of the handheld games have tried something drastically different i.e multiple characters, cards, multiplayer, etc. While the main games has stuck to pretty much the same formula for both. No more heavy experimenting.

Ryutim
4th Mar 2013, 15:09
I say yay to multiplayer and multiple characters, but I don't want to have a coop story mode, KH3 should still be a single player game, just with a multiplayer battle mode and different characters following their own storylines, like how BBS did it, I loved that game, although it'd be nice if they had an online multiplayer mode, I had to play with my little brother most of the time because everyone else I knew either didn't have the game or lived too far away to play with me very often.

devoidAffectu@gmail.com
4th Mar 2013, 18:12
Oh good points you all bring up!

I do see your guys point in the main story being single player (as how we all have gotten used to this in the KH games) as well as the "other forms" of battling and experimenting. While some worked... others did not. I really disliked the card battle system in CoM -_-"

The topic I want to clear up a bit more is the "multiple characters with their own story lines". Would you like it to be just like BBS or more along the lines of 3D? For me BBS was great but the stories felt completely separated from each other almost to the point where I felt it disconnected. 3D was great in switching between both Sora's and Riku's story. Though some may say that the switch was forced. What do you think?

Now having an Online multiplayer mode, I really kinda want to see this happen. As much as I would like a KH version of SSBB would the multiplayer take place in an arena like BBS's Mirage Arena? or something different?

edward.busch.18
4th Mar 2013, 20:48
well for that many chacters i say the BBS model of play should be used, it could have a battle arena but i think i'd want it completly out of the main game so like a option on the title screen

Ryutim
6th Mar 2013, 14:09
I agree, if the story mode has multiple storylines, it should be BBS style. As for the multiplayer mode, I think that they should use the BBS multiplayer mode as a base, but make it possible to have all sorts of game modes (capture the flag, team death match, free for all combat, etc. etc.) with much bigger battle areas and way more than four players at a time (you can still play with less, just make it possible to play with, like, ten or more people at a time, y'know). I actually think that it's better to allow players to go into multiplayer mode in-game, I don't want to have to go to the title screen whenever a friend logs in and wants to play, but it should still be possible to go into multiplayer mode from the title screen. Also, I think that they should have a mix between couch multiplayer and online multiplayer, that way, you can play with a friend or sibling on a single ps3, while also playing with another friend who doesn't live close enough to come over to your house and play (one of the things I hate most about some multiplayer games is that they only do couch multiplayer or online multiplayer, but not both).

edward.busch.18
11th Mar 2013, 08:30
well with multi-player outside of the main game i would be happy with those modes...perhaps using Shortcut commands from your save file in battle and using the gear you've unlocked to up stats and perhaps win more gear though those battles or points to buy rare gear

11th Mar 2013, 11:22
multiplayer is not bad it is not new and experimental i think. i mean it is new in KH (like when was the last time they release KH2). But it is not knew in the market and trend.

But for me... I'm not really interested on keybladers or stories about sora and the kingdom hearts only characters. I play KH because I love how they incorporate square enix characters to those in Disney's. That what makes the fun for me. Love seeing Aerith and Squall teaming up with Goofey, Donald and Mickey (for example).

Mockers-
12th Jun 2013, 13:22
Ok, so I think there should be some multiplayer in KH3. I think competitive would be nice like the other games. Also Co-Op would be fun if possible and just other ways to interact in one another games would be sweet.

It's not that I want a tacked on MP but I just love to explore the KH world even after the story is over. A competitive but unique MP would be cool. Any suggestions of how it could work?. I know BBS and Dream Drop did it.

I think there should be a Multiplayer aspect in a couple different ways. The collesum should be like the arena gameplay we have seen in the past. During you're single player story you can hop into a Collesum game with another person. Also there should be PVP multiplayer but it shouldn't just be restricted to an arena. They should base the game off of the worlds in the game. Alot of interaction in the world should be present and random events. Let's say we have a PVP 4v4 match happening in twilight town. All of a sudden a horde of darkness flood in and although it's a PVP match you now need to wipe out this darkness plague together but while still fighting eachother here and there.

Think alot of events for the PVP like I suggest should be put into consideration.

Any thoughts?

WhitePrism
12th Jun 2013, 19:13
Ok, so I think there should be some multiplayer in KH3. I think competitive would be nice like the other games. Also Co-Op would be fun if possible and just other ways to interact in one another games would be sweet.

It's not that I want a tacked on MP but I just love to explore the KH world even after the story is over. A competitive but unique MP would be cool. Any suggestions of how it could work?. I know BBS and Dream Drop did it.

I think there should be a Multiplayer aspect in a couple different ways. The collesum should be like the arena gameplay we have seen in the past. During you're single player story you can hop into a Collesum game with another person. Also there should be PVP multiplayer but it shouldn't just be restricted to an arena. They should base the game off of the worlds in the game. Alot of interaction in the world should be present and random events. Let's say we have a PVP 4v4 match happening in twilight town. All of a sudden a horde of darkness flood in and although it's a PVP match you now need to wipe out this darkness plague together but while still fighting eachother here and there.

Think alot of events for the PVP like I suggest should be put into consideration.

Any thoughts?

Honestly, I don't care much for multiplayer. I've pretty much been a loner all my life and I'm fine with that. Now what I would want to see is maybe an extended storyline after the game is completed, since in all the Kingdom Hearts games you're pretty much just left with tying up loose ends and fighting optional bosses at the end.

member_10162287
12th Jun 2013, 22:44
Oh hell, please no. Please don't try to turn everything into multiplayer.

Ryutim
13th Jun 2013, 14:25
I agree with theresay, I think that there should be multiplayer, but don't make it so that everywhere you go, you're swamped by multiplayer events that come out of nowhere and keep you from actually playing through the story. I think that it's a good idea if you start it off by choosing multiplayer mode and aren't forced into it at any time, meaning that you choose to go into a multiplayer match, and you can choose any area of any world that you've gotten to so far, but once you're done with the match, you go on in the game in single player mode, not being interrupted by random multiplayer events or whatever while you're trying to go through the story. I think that randomly throwing enemies into a multiplayer match sounds like an excellent idea, so long as you have the option of turning them off, letting you just do a strictly player vs. player match when you want to, and I think that several multiplayer modes should definately be availible, possibly with big teams of 8 vs. 8 players going at it all at once, or any other number, so long as it is possible without getting too much lag (meaning, of course, any noticeable lag at all).

Mockers-
13th Jun 2013, 17:01
I agree with theresay, I think that there should be multiplayer, but don't make it so that everywhere you go, you're swamped by multiplayer events that come out of nowhere and keep you from actually playing through the story. I think that it's a good idea if you start it off by choosing multiplayer mode and aren't forced into it at any time, meaning that you choose to go into a multiplayer match, and you can choose any area of any world that you've gotten to so far, but once you're done with the match, you go on in the game in single player mode, not being interrupted by random multiplayer events or whatever while you're trying to go through the story. I think that randomly throwing enemies into a multiplayer match sounds like an excellent idea, so long as you have the option of turning them off, letting you just do a strictly player vs. player match when you want to, and I think that several multiplayer modes should definately be availible, possibly with big teams of 8 vs. 8 players going at it all at once, or any other number, so long as it is possible without getting too much lag (meaning, of course, any noticeable lag at all).

Basically what you said is what I meant.

Grimoire
14th Jun 2013, 03:38
www.siliconera.com/2013/06/13/square-eni... (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/13/square-enix-considered-rebranding-versus-xiii-to-final-fantasy-xv-early-on/)

"According to Nomura, the summoning system will be different from past titles. Finally, he mentioned that they’re currently exploring the possibility of having some sort of online multiplayer feature, that has yet to be seen in any Kingdom Hearts title."

Ryutim
14th Jun 2013, 15:24
Awsome! Thanks Grimoire!

Grimoire
16th Jun 2013, 04:41
Glad to be of assistance.