PDA

View Full Version : I have a prob with TR1 for PlayStation :(

YugoBoy
20th Jan 2003, 20:33
Hey guys, listen So, i play TR on PlayStation... And I have this huuge problem. When I step into a Secret Location Area the game freezes if i press Select (go to the inventory) or Pause the game ! Getting out of the Secret Location Area doesn't help. Once i step into it, i mustn't press Select nor Start ! Does anyone have an idea what's this all about ? Is there a way to fix this ?
I've been searching for like a year and i've finally found this CD, and i have no idea where i could find another copy.
Anyway, guys, thanx for listening I hope someone has an idea how to fix this I would really appreciate if they would share the secret with me
Thanx anyway
Bye :(

larryleprechaun
31st Jan 2003, 06:19
:rolleyes: couldn't u just not press start or select.........

micro761
31st Jan 2003, 19:31
your game is a copy or original?
try cleaning the disc and playstation laser.

or maybe your playstation laser is worn out.
also you can search is the disc is heavily scratched or something.

Zoolander
31st Jan 2003, 19:53
If you have the old grey PSX place it vertically. I know it sounds funny, but I had problems with Final Fantasy Anthology and emailed squaresoft and that's what they said, and it worked.

skibsy
1st Feb 2003, 12:41
Sounds like your PSX is having trouble reading the disc......when you step into secret areas, the disc spins up and loads a little chiming piece of music......it could be your disc is scratched on that area where the music is.

Give it a good clean, or do as suggested and stand your PSX on it's end or even upside down.......sometimes when a PSX is getting quite old, the laser starts to drop and has trouble reading discs and this method helps in some cases.

Mr. Croft
1st Feb 2003, 20:41
If your game is a copy, then I don't think that you can do anything about it.:(
But if you're game is an original, then clean carefully the black area of the CD. If there are schratches in the black area, then you should buy a new one. :( I guess that you will be able to find one easily at the Amazon bookstore( www.amazon.com).;)
Or try to clean the area of the PSX that reads the disc.
If none of this works, e-mail Eidos and explain them your problem.
If this doesn't works either, just don't press ''Pause'' and ''Select''!:mad:

_

If you are a Greek, you can then visit my greek Tomb Raider site:
http://users.in.gr/lctr/ .:D