PDA

View Full Version : can't load user made MOD

shootingstar
20th Jan 2003, 16:19
hi all! :)

I'd have posted by now but i've been having trouble with the board and I wonder who else has and how many others aren't able to post as new people too?..can someone look into this..this time ( unless it was coincidental) I clicked on 'new thread' at bottom of page and it worked! this time..now clicking the top link does as well..or the mod dude simply caught it and authorized me no clue..anyway im here <G>

....upon loading the mod 'hyperspace station' there are no 'crates' anywhere nor any voices telling me what to do as a drop down message...also when I start MOD initially I have to click mouse button as pointer is froze...then it lets me in..i'm guessing its either due to my using XP Home ??? or the MOD is slightly off somewhere???

thanks anyone..
ST

DMA57361
20th Jan 2003, 19:28
It has nothing to do with your operating system. I've not played that mod so I can't comment on if it works or not. (Sorry Hand-e-Food, that's your job ;))

Have you got the patch installed? You need the patch installed.
Have you installed the mod in the right place?
Should have it's OWN folder inside /missions/

Hope that Helps. :)

shootingstar
20th Jan 2003, 20:09
Originally posted by DMA57361
It has nothing to do with your operating system. I've not played that mod so I can't comment on if it works or not. (Sorry Hand-e-Food, that's your job ;))

Have you got the patch installed? You need the patch installed.
Have you installed the mod in the right place?
Should have it's OWN folder inside /missions/

Hope that Helps. :)
--------------

hi...

sorry all somehow when I extracted it it caused hyperspace to get unpacked one dir down too far..no idea how but...anyway its fine and mission dialogue is starting etc.etc..

thx! and sorry for false alarm...

after I finish game I hope to add content as well..

cu :)
lee