PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: Solo Play

vettacon
3rd Mar 2013, 05:59
will FF14 have solo quest play in it for lvling or will this be like FF11 and you will have to group grind lvl's off onions all day

tommygunnz
3rd Mar 2013, 11:54
From what I've read, it will largely be similar to FF11. Seems to have better party bonus structures though. I think I heard there will be more soloable quests but leveling, dungeons, HNM fighting etc will be the same style, with alot of tweeks.

Crystal_Power
6th Mar 2013, 19:32
I've read somewhere that this game was suppose to me more "solo friendly", but I cannot find where I read that at.

doomtown
6th Mar 2013, 23:03
MAC: Could you share details on how you're shifting the focus from grinding for levels to more quest-based leveling? How are you accommodating players who want to play solo?
NY: In A Realm Reborn, players will be able to level through a combination of quest-based leveling, casual content, and parties formed through the newly implemented duty finder. For those playing solo, there will be quests, guildleves, as well as some other casual content we have planned, such as the "bestiary." Solo players will also be matched together automatically for all instanced dungeon content, removing the need to form parties on their own. This can be thought of as an extension of solo play.

NY is Naoki Yoshida... hope that answers your question!

eridian000
12th Sep 2013, 22:34
Are there just dungeons right now? personally i hate running in groups, mainly because i can't stand having to rely on other people to do stuff. I do like group boss battles like ifirit, but his drop chance for my weapon and the amount of tombstones is so low it feels pointless to run him. I just would like a solo option of getting good gear, like the closed instance fights you do for job quests, have something like that drop tombstones as well, but have it on a set amount a day like leves. As I said I like grouping for bosses but i hate doing group dungeons. There needs to be some solo instances for people that hate relying on others.

leoxastaroth
12th Sep 2013, 22:44
Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn = MMORPG.

MMORPG = Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.

Massively Multiplayer.

Why are you playing an MMORPG if you 'hate' relying on others, that is practically the essence of an MMORPG, you want single player RPG's.

eridian000
12th Sep 2013, 23:02
I said i hate HAVING to rely on others, i want the OPTION for solo. i also said i LIKE group boss fights. not once did i say i hate multiplayer. i hate the fact its the ONLY way to get decent gear, which btw makes armorer and blacksmith utterly useless.

Gomly1980
12th Sep 2013, 23:18
Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn = MMORPG.

MMORPG = Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.

Massively Multiplayer.

Why are you playing an MMORPG if you 'hate' relying on others, that is practically the essence of an MMORPG, you want single player RPG's.

You know there are a hell of a lot of folk out there that play MMO's solo.

People just like to play in a persistent world, not everyone is a fan of grouping.

In fact, a hell of a lot of MMO's do have quite substantial solo content.

Clay51
13th Sep 2013, 01:48
Are there just dungeons right now? personally i hate running in groups, mainly because i can't stand having to rely on other people to do stuff. I do like group boss battles like ifirit, but his drop chance for my weapon and the amount of tombstones is so low it feels pointless to run him.

THIS is what I don't understand! WHAT drops? Weapons? Tombstones? I've seen pics of Bowl of embers "hard mode" loot. But HOW do I get to hard Mode? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Gomly1980
13th Sep 2013, 02:21
THIS is what I don't understand! WHAT drops? Weapons? Tombstones? I've seen pics of Bowl of embers "hard mode" loot. But HOW do I get to hard Mode? Thanks in advance for any replies.

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2056782/blog/112248/

Near the bottom is what you want fella.

Hardmode Primals
Upon completing Castrum Meridianum and The Praetorium, and hence your main story, you will unlock the Attunement quests required to enter Hard Mode Primal trials. These quests are:

1. Ifrit Bleeds, We Can Kill It
- Unlocks Hard Mode Ifrit trial
- 8 player party
- Obtained in Vesper Bay
- Random Item Lv. 70 (Ifrit) weapon rewarded to party upon completion
- Relic weapon material

2. In For Garuda Awakening
-Unlocks Hard Mode Garuda trial
- 8 player party
- Obtained in Vesper Bay
- Random Item Lv. 70 (Garuda) weapon rewarded to party upon completion
- Relic weapon material

3. In a Titan Spot
- Unlocks Hard Mode Titan trial
- 8 player party
- Obtained in Vesper Bay
- Random Item Lv. 70 (Titan) weapon rewarded to party upon completion
- Relic weapon material

Edit in....

Those can all be pugged pretty much.

However....

After finishing those on hard mode you unlock Binding Coil of Bahamut...

I would not advise trying to pug Bahamut.

Rawlu69
16th Apr 2014, 18:35
I Prefer to Solo.

I've been playing so-called 'MMO's' now for 14+ years starting with Everquest. I've been an Officer in a Raid Guild in EQ, I've Grouped & Duo'ed, but I've always Preferred to Solo first & foremost.

My copy of FF:ARR PS4 is in the mail, I just hope their will be TONS of Solo Content?. let people play the way they want to play, just because its Online? shouldn't mean you cant Solo as much as you like.

"Not everyone who plays MMO games plays well with others". or should have to...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/old-republic-dev-discusses-massively-multiplayer-loners/1100-6228707/

TY.

realmreaver73
18th Apr 2014, 12:10
You do get to use yer chocobo at level 30 to help you fight.

Hippy_Pickle
23rd Apr 2014, 12:46
Obviously there's a lot of the story content that you would do solo anyway BUT the game does force you to team up to complete certain dungeons and raids etc. You don't have to have a pre-made team however or be part of a free company (guild), you can just sign up to a dungeon via the 'Duty Finder' which will match you with other players needing to do the same content.

So in short you could complete all the game content 'solo' and not add friends or join a free company but like I said there is content that needs to be completed as part of a team.

Rawlu69
1st May 2014, 07:22
TY for your reply Hippy_Pickle,

So basically the 'Story' is over at Sastasha unless you stand their & try & get a group?... I just stood their for 10min as the only one! in the duty finder... I HATE standing around for a group... Waiting on other people I don't know or care to know...

You should NEVER be Forced to group SE, just because its 'On-Line'. I've been sayin this for 14+ years & here we are in 2014 Forced to group just because its an on-line game. Absolutely Ridicules IMO.

I'm just sayin is all. TY.

Hippy_Pickle
1st May 2014, 08:18
It is only at key points in the story that dungeons like this are forced upon you, SE introduced the duty roulette feature that is supposed to reduce the wait times for people queuing solo. The speed of a queue is also dependent on your class, as a tank the wait is near enough instant most times or within 5 mins, healer queues tend to be shorter too but DPS queue can take a long time still.

You don't have to camp outside a dungeon though, just fire up the duty finder and carry on with other contents like side quests or getting bit of extra exp from FATES.

There are 7 dungeons as part of the story line up to level 50 that are required to progress, then there are also 3 primal battles which are 'forced' (all these are for light party of 4). Then at end game there are further 3 eight man dungeons (although 1 is just a single battle) in order to complete the original 2.0 story line.

All other dungeons etc are technically optional except for places to go to level up or gear up and then the dungeon or primal battles that are needed for relic weapon quests etc.

Hopefully this won't put you off too much as this is a great game IMO.

Rawlu69
1st May 2014, 20:30
Well all I can say is I was Loving! :) the game up until I hit that Must Group Wall & stood their like an idiot for 10min until I logged out in Disgust... :mad:

"You don't have to camp outside a dungeon though"

But wouldn't you have to run all the way back to the entrance in order to enter said dungeon?. or can you enter from anywhere?.

Rawlu69
2nd May 2014, 01:53
The first day I haven't logged in to play like a madman in the week I've owned the game I'm so Disgusted with SE & their Must Group BS :mad:

Listen if you want/like to Group? then group to your hearts content! :friends: but Respect those who prefer to Solo. those who want/need to come & go as they please. those who as a 45 year old adult?, 10min of gameplay is precious &/or may need to log out 10min into a dungeon. or just plain & simple don't want to group with a bunch of Snotnoosed trouble making Kids online, theirs always at least one in every group. & I see it all over the boards people complaining people leaving their dungeon group because that's probably all they do is live in dungeons because they have no life & want the Perfect Group etc.?. the problems with Forcing people to group just never end IMO :poke:

I used to do it all! in EQ, big giant Raids as an Officer in a Raid Guild, it doesn't get any more Hardcore then the way EQ Raids used to be. & I got absolutely Sick of all the never ending Drama dealing with others online. Millions of people & we are all different with different lives & priorities etc.? Forcing them to Group? just does not work :thud:

Hippy_Pickle
2nd May 2014, 07:34
"You don't have to camp outside a dungeon though"
But wouldn't you have to run all the way back to the entrance in order to enter said dungeon?. or can you enter from anywhere?.

That's the one good thing about the duty finder, you can register for a dungeon no matter where you are in the world, you don't even have to be in the same zone. Once you've been to a dungeons entrance it gets added to your duty list which you can access anywhere, anytime :)

I can understand your frustration as time can be precious and most dungeons give you a 90min time limit with most taking at least 30mins to complete. The time can be further wasted because you have to rely on other people for the success of your run.

Did you play FFXI by any chance? I actually only recently played it for first time and most of that content is indeed soloable now and I hadn't come across any forced group content at all. Unfortunately FFXIV is a different beast and SE have designed it with group content in mind and it won't change I'm afraid.